April 16, 2024, 01:38:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crystal Rogers, 35yrs old missing since July 3, 2015 from Bardstown, KY  (Read 96669 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2015, 04:50:20 PM »

http://www.wdrb.com/story/30000619/bardstown-police-suspends-brother-of-missing-womans-boyfriend

Bardstown Police Department suspends brother of missing woman's boyfriend

Posted: Sep 10, 2015 11:21 AM EST
Updated: Sep 10, 2015 7:05 PM EST

BARDSTOWN, Ky. (WDRB) -- The Bardstown Police Department has suspended the brother of a missing woman's boyfriend, but would not say if Officer Nick Houck's suspension is related to the search for Crystal Rogers.

Bardstown Police Chief Rick McCubbin said Houck has been suspended until further notice. No other details are being provided.

Rogers, 35, has been missing since July 3.

The mother of five was last seen at the Nelson County home of Brooks Houck, her boyfriend.

On Thursday morning, Rogers' parents were back in court to ask a judge to let them see their grandson.

Rogers' parents are taking care of four of her children. Her youngest child is living with Brooks Houck. 

Tommy and Sherry Ballard say they haven't seen the child since before their daughter went missing, and they want a judge to change that.

"I'm hoping it won't be very long and we'll finally get to see him," Sherry Ballard said.

We're told the judge did not make a decision on the custody case Thursday.

Thanks for posting this.  I just read about it.  Very interesting isn't it?  Something is wrong in that county, too many unsolved cases.  I was about to think they weren't doing anything else on Crystal's case----of course, this doesn't mean it has anything to do with her case.  I hope it leads to something. 

I hope the grandparents get to see their grandson, more importantly, I hope the grandson gets to be with his other brothers and sisters.  That is just not right to separate him from his siblings especially at such a young age. Unfortunately, in the state of Kentucky grandparents rights are next to nothing.  They stand a better chance of the little boy getting to spend time with his brothers and sisters.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2015, 05:52:33 PM »

http://www.whas11.com/story/news/local/2015/09/23/police-staying-quiet-officers-suspension/72703042/

9:27 p.m. EDT September 23, 2015

Police staying quiet on officer's suspension

BARDSTOWN, Ky. (WHAS11) -- It has now been exactly two weeks since Bardstown police officer Nick Houck was suspended. Officer Houck is the brother of Brooks Houck, boyfriend of missing Bardstown mother of five, Crystal Rogers.

Bardstown Police and the city attorney are still not releasing the reason why Houck was suspended. Bardstown Police will not comment on if the suspension is any way related to the investigation into Crystal's disappearance.

The day of officer Houck's suspension on September 9, we were told by Bardstown police that more information on the suspension would be made available after 14 days. 14 days have now passed and they are still not releasing information, but referring all questions to the Bardstown city attorney.

WHAS11 has obtained Officer Houck's personnel file and are taking a closer look at his record as an officer. This 164 page personnel file shows Houck has received multiple written warnings since he started with Bardstown PD in 2006.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2015, 05:58:24 PM »

Apparently the Mayor suspended Houck without pay until further notice.....

https://www.facebook.com/BardstownPoliceDept?ref=ts&fref=ts

Bardstown Police Department
5 hrs · Edited ·

Update:

September 24, 2015
Re: Officer Nick Houck
Officer Nick Houck has been suspended without pay until further notice.

Regards,
John Royalty, Mayor

Chief McCubbin may suspend an officer with pay and suspend police powers, which he did recently however only the mayor can suspend without pay. Mayor Royalty has reviewed the request and made his decision effective today.

At this time there are no other updates that may legally be released. When a decision is determined or adjudicated there will be further updates and releases.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2015, 04:33:10 AM »

http://www.wdrb.com/story/30165890/nearly-three-months-after-her-disappearance-crystal-rogers-family-is-still-searching

Nearly three months after her disappearance, Crystal Rogers' family is still searching

Posted: Oct 01, 2015 4:30 PM EST
Updated: Oct 01, 2015 5:19 PM EST

BARDSTOWN, Ky. (WDRB) -- She disappeared almost three months ago and Crystal Rogers' family is still working everyday to find her. 

The Bardstown mother of five's car was found on the Bluegrass Parkway with a flat tire, her purse, phone, keys and diaper bag still inside.

"Each day that passes gets harder," said Rogers' mom, Sherry Ballard. "You just think, are we gonna find her?"

As the weeks have gone by, the search party numbers have dwindled.

"Our family misses her," her father, Tommy Ballard told WDRB News.

The Ballards searched a rural part of Marion County Thursday.

Judy McKee and Tammy Finci were there with their dogs from Florida to help.

"This is the furthest that we've gone," Finci said about the organization, 'Bring Them Home' search and rescue.

The dogs are trained to find human remains.

"Usually, we don't get that close to the families. Usually, we work primarily with law enforcement. This has been an exception," Finci said. "They've become our second family and we'll keep returning until they don't need us anymore."

The family has already covered a lot of ground -- Tommy Ballard estimates more than 10,000 acres.

"There's a lot of crop land, farm land over this way," he said about Marion County. "It's a lot of secluded places. I just think she's over this way. I just got that gut feeling."

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2015, 06:32:23 PM »

http://www.wdrb.com/story/30268987/hearing-in-progress-for-suspended-bardstown-police-officer

Administrative hearing to determine if suspended Bardstown police officer will be fired

Posted: Oct 15, 2015 11:15 AM EST
Updated: Oct 15, 2015 4:09 PM EST

BARDSTOWN, Ky. (WDRB) -- Bardstown's mayor and city attorney are considering testimony from an administrative hearing Thursday and will soon decide whether a police officer who was suspended without pay will be fired. 

Officer Nick Houck was suspended in September. His brother is Brooks Houck, the longtime boyfriend of Crystal Rogers. The mother of five was last seen on July 3 at her boyfriend's farm in Nelson County.

Rogers' car was found on the Bluegrass Parkway with a flat tire, her purse, phone, keys and diaper bag still in it.

Her family members have raised concerns about Brooks Houck's story and said he hasn't helped them search.

Police will not say if Nick Houck's suspension has anything to do with Rogers' case, which is being handled by the Nelson County Sheriff's Office.

Thursday, a detective from that agency was called into the hearing to answer questions.

Bardstown Police Chief Rick McCubbin also testified.

"We will be considering the testimony that was given and the evidence presented as that hearing," said city attorney Tim Butler. "We hope to make a decision within the next short period of time."

Butler says a decision could be announced as early as Friday.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2015, 06:37:40 AM »

http://www.wlky.com/news/bardstown-officials-to-address-case-of-suspended-officer/35878674?utm_campaign=WLKY%20News%20Louisville,%20Kentucky&utm_medium=FBPAGE&utm_source=Social

Bardstown officer terminated for interfering in Crystal Rogers case

UPDATED 6:11 PM EDT Oct 16, 2015

BARDSTOWN, Ky. —The mayor of Bardstown has terminated Bardstown City police Officer Nick Houck.

According to an order from Mayor John Royalty, the decision to terminate Houck was made based on Thursday's administrative hearing.

The mayor's order said Houck violated procedures and policies of law enforcement when he interfered with the case of missing woman Crystal Rogers.

Rogers, who disappeared in July, was dating Houck's brother.

Brooks Houck has been charged in the disappearance of Rogers. Nick Houck has not been charged.

According to the mayor's release, Houck called his brother while the brother was being interviewed by the Nelson County Sheriff's Department as part of the investigation of Rogers' disappearance.

The mayor said Houck knew his brother was being interviewed and the call was enough to be considered interference and put his brother's interests ahead of the public's interest.

In an interview with Kentucky State Police, Houck said he told his brother he "should protect himself" and that "they might be trying to trip him up," which contradicted affidavits by both brothers.

The mayor said later in July Houck failed a polygraph test administered by the FBI, which was a violation for the city of Bardstown policy and canon of ethics. Royalty said during the time period, Houck continuously claimed he couldn't remember details -- mundane and significant -- even regarding city property, including his take-home police cruiser.

As a law enforcement officer, the mayor said Houck should be able to remember facts, but that Houck can evidently remember few if any facts, which irreparably harmed his effectiveness as a law enforcement officer.

The mayor's order said Houck did not cooperate at a level expected from a Bardstown police officer.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2015, 06:42:24 AM »

http://www.wdrb.com/story/30279253/nelson-co-sheriff-missing-bardstown-woman-likely-dead-boyfriend-now-a-suspect

Nelson Co. Sheriff: Missing Bardstown woman likely dead, boyfriend now a suspect

Posted: Oct 16, 2015 2:37 PM EST
Updated: Oct 16, 2015 4:47 PM EST

BARDSTOWN, Ky. (WDRB) – Nelson County Sheriff Ed Mattingly says a Bardstown mother who has been missing since July 3 is likely dead and her boyfriend, Brooks Houck, is now a suspect in her disappearance.

“I think it’s safe to say she’s dead,” Sheriff Mattingly said of Crystal Rogers in a press conference Friday. "Crystal Rogers was extremely close with her family. She has had no contact with her family. There are certain things people do when they exist on this earth and she has vanished on this earth."

In a press conference regarding the dismissal of Brooks Houck’s brother Nick Houck from the Bardstown Police Department, Mattingly said Brooks Houck is now a suspect.

In fact, Mattingly named Brooks Houck the sole suspect in the case. He also believes Nick Houck knows what happened to her.

"I have 8 pages of circumstances that lead me to look in their direction, yes," Mattingly said.

According to a Final Order signed by Bardstown Mayor John Royalty, Nick Houck was fired from the Bardstown Police Department for interfering with an ongoing investigation into Rogers' disappearance.

Rogers’ family members have said Brooks Houck has not helped them search for her. In the Order, Royalty wrote that Nick Houck "did not cooperate with (the) ongoing criminal investigation.

Sheriff Mattingly says Nick also called his brother Brooks and told him not to talk to police, shortly after Rogers' disappearance.

"He has done things that caused him to be suspect," Mattingly said. "When evidence comes to a point that probable cause points at him, he'll be arrested."

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2015, 06:46:01 AM »

http://m.wave3.com/wave/db_336805/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=dzgtnPpA&full=true#display

Nelson Co. sheriff: One Houck brother a suspect in Crystal Rogers' disappearance, likely death

Natalia Martinez, Joey Brown
Posted:  10/16/2015 11:38 PM

BARDSTOWN, KY (WAVE) – Nelson County Sheriff Ed Mattingly said Friday that he believes brothers Brooks and Nick Houck are connected to the disappearance of Brooks' girlfriend Crystal Rogers, the Bardstown mother of five who's been missing since early July.

Earlier on Friday, Nick Houck was fired as an officer with the Bardstown Police Department for allegedly interfering with the Rogers case. According to a document released by the city of Bardstown on Friday, Nick Houck called his brother on July 8 to warn him that detectives were planning to interview him regarding his girlfriend's disappearance. That call came while a detective was in the middle of interviewing Brooks Houck. 

"(Nick Houck) has failed a polygraph regarding Mrs. Rogers' disappearance, he advised his brother to not speak to the police, he refused to speak to our investigator and he has been uncooperative in grand jury testimony and has selective amnesia," Mattingly said Friday. "He's not worthy of being a police officer."

Mattingly also said he would call Brooks Houck a suspect in the case, adding that he believes Nick Houck "has knowledge of what has happened."

Brooks Houck is the last person known to have seen Rogers before she disappeared. He has maintained his innocence.

Her family said they we're relieved to hear the news that there we're new developments.

"It's been a long time coming," Crystal's father, Tom Ballard, said.

Karma Is Coming

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2015, 09:55:48 PM »

Father reacts to new developments in daughter's disappearance

http://www.whas11.com/story/news/local/2015/10/16/father-reacts-to-new-developments-in-nelson-co-daughters-disappearance/74105004/

Ana Rivera, @WHAS11Ana 11:59 p.m. EDT October 16, 2015

BARDSTOWN, Ky. (WHAS11) – The search continues. For Crystal Roger's dad, Tommy Ballard, this is day 105 of searching alongside neighbors, friends, and dogs through the woods, weeds and water.

This one day is different.

"We've still got hope. Her kids have a lot of hope. But I'm kind of facing reality. I don't want to believe it but I feel like she's not here," he said.

When Rogers went missing in July, many were suspicious of her boyfriend Brooks Houck. Today Houck's brother, Nick, was terminated from the Bardstown Police Department. Police say he called his brother to tell him he was going to be interviewed as part of the case. The Nelson County Sheriff's department says Brooks Houck is now a suspect.

"I thought it was a long time coming. I'm happy."

Ballard says today's developments help but until he finds his beloved daughter, the days will be long as the search continues.

"It makes me feel a little better but we still haven't found Crystal. It'll never be easier I know but finding her will give us some closure. I mean it's exhausting but I won't give up."

Ballard says he searches every weekend with friends and family. He says he's forever grateful for the people who always give up their time to help and he could never repay them.

2 4 1
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2015, 03:53:38 PM »

http://www.whas11.com/story/news/local/2015/10/16/father-reacts-to-new-developments-in-nelson-co-daughters-disappearance/74105004/

BARDSTOWN, Ky. (WHAS11) – The search continues. For Crystal Roger's dad, Tommy Ballard, this is day 105 of searching alongside neighbors, friends, and dogs through the woods, weeds and water.

"We've still got hope. Her kids have a lot of hope. But I'm kind of facing reality. I don't want to believe it but I feel like she's not here," he said.

When Rogers went missing in July, many were suspicious of her boyfriend Brooks Houck. Today Houck's brother, Nick, was terminated from the Bardstown Police Department. Police say he called his brother to tell him he was going to be interviewed as part of the case. The Nelson County Sheriff's department says Brooks Houck is now a suspect.

Ballard says today's developments help but until he finds his beloved daughter, the days will be long as the search continues.

"It makes me feel a little better but we still haven't found Crystal. It'll never be easier I know but finding her will give us some closure. I mean it's exhausting but I won't give up."

Ballard says he searches every weekend with friends and family. He says he's forever grateful for the people who always give up their time to help and he could never repay them.

This is what I suspected from the beginning.  Someone had to drive her car to the parkway to leave it there and someone (his brother) had to pick up the person who drove the car.  Stands to reason her boyfriend did it and his brother helped him.  From the looks of it Crystals' suffering is over but only beginning for her children and her family.  How sad.  Brook's was so darn smug looking in all photo's of him.  I sure hope their little boy can now be back with his brothers and sisters and not Brook's family.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2015, 07:37:19 PM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/boyfriend-crystal-rogers-named-suspect-disappearance-his-brother-terminated-police-n447131

Boyfriend of Crystal Rogers Named Suspect in Disappearance, His Brother Terminated from Police Department

Oct 19 2015, 1:08 pm ET

by Rachael Trost

Three months after Kentucky mother of five Crystal Rogers vanished, police have named her boyfriend Brooks Houck a suspect in her disappearance.

Crystal Rogers vanished from the home she shared with her boyfriend the evening of July 3, leaving behind the couple's young son. Nelson Co. Sheriff's Office

Along with announcing Houck as an official suspect last Friday, Nelson County Sheriff Ed Mattingly says he believes Rogers is dead.

Houck was reportedly the last person to see Rogers on July 3, 2015 at the home the two shared, leaving behind the couple's young son. Two days later, Crystal's unlocked, maroon 2007 Chevy Impala was found abandoned along Kentucky's Bluegrass Parkway with a flat tire -- her belongings still inside.

Just last week, Houck's brother Nick Houck, who worked as a Bardstown City police officer, was terminated from the department after officials say he interfered with the investigation of Crystal's disappearance.

Crystal's family has searched tirelessly in the months since she vanished. Dozens of organized searches have been conducted in and around Bardstown. The family has long suspected Houck, saying in July, "Him or none of his family has been out to find her." The Facebook page 'Pray for Crystal Rogers' also continues to be active in spreading information about the case.

"Since they named him a suspect, I feel like they're working now, which I always thought the Sheriff Department was doing a good job, but it makes me feel a lot better," Tommy Ballard, Crystal's father, told WDRB.

If you have any information that can help the investigation, please contact the Nelson County Sheriff's Office at (502) 348-3211.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2015, 07:38:46 PM »

This is what I suspected from the beginning.  Someone had to drive her car to the parkway to leave it there and someone (his brother) had to pick up the person who drove the car.  Stands to reason her boyfriend did it and his brother helped him.  From the looks of it Crystals' suffering is over but only beginning for her children and her family.  How sad.  Brook's was so darn smug looking in all photo's of him.  I sure hope their little boy can now be back with his brothers and sisters and not Brook's family.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2015, 10:55:13 PM »

TM, I read a comment (just gossip at this point but locals do know a lot in small communities) that 2 days after Crystal went missing that Brooks poured a concrete slab either in his back yard or his basement.  The police have named him a suspect but without proof of some kind they say there is nothing they can do.  Sounds like the brother told them a lot but maybe he didn't see it happen and can only guess what Brook's did with the body.  Without some kind of proof they say they can't go any further.  This sounds like Scott Peterson to me.  I do know that one article says the parents quit looking for Crystal and her father returned to work this week.  Makes you wonder what he did with the body.  I also read that the mayor and sheriff were friends with Brook's.  All of these same people were well acquainted with the state trooper that was ambushed and killed on the Bluegrass Parkway-same parkway that Crystal's car was found. I don't know if all of this ties in together but something is rotten in that town.  Appears to be a "good ole boy" network going on. JMO only.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2015, 08:23:55 AM »

TM, I read a comment (just gossip at this point but locals do know a lot in small communities) that 2 days after Crystal went missing that Brooks poured a concrete slab either in his back yard or his basement.  The police have named him a suspect but without proof of some kind they say there is nothing they can do.  Sounds like the brother told them a lot but maybe he didn't see it happen and can only guess what Brook's did with the body.  Without some kind of proof they say they can't go any further.  This sounds like Scott Peterson to me.  I do know that one article says the parents quit looking for Crystal and her father returned to work this week.  Makes you wonder what he did with the body.  I also read that the mayor and sheriff were friends with Brook's.  All of these same people were well acquainted with the state trooper that was ambushed and killed on the Bluegrass Parkway-same parkway that Crystal's car was found. I don't know if all of this ties in together but something is rotten in that town.  Appears to be a "good ole boy" network going on. JMO only.

I wonder what it would take to get a warrant to use a scanner on the concrete slab?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2015, 09:51:11 AM »

I wonder what it would take to get a warrant to use a scanner on the concrete slab?

I read they have to have "probable cause" to go in and dig up the concrete which means they have to have probable cause to scan it.  I read a comment on her FB page from a guy who said he could come in and scan the concrete and one of her relatives told him to contact the police dept and let them know.  Right now, they have very strong suspicions that she is dead but they have nothing to support that.  Brooks is considered innocent until proved guilty.  For now he has them right where he wants them. I would say he covered his tracks completely.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2015, 10:01:34 AM »

http://www.wlky.com/news/new-details-released-in-disappearance-of-bardstown-mom-crystal-rogers/35934528

New details released in disappearance of Bardstown mom, Crystal Rogers
UPDATED 6:22 AM EDT Oct 20, 2015
By Lauren Adams

Nearly 200 pages of documents and several hours of police interviews, hearings, and phone calls were included in the discovery.

............................When investigators mention a burn pile a search dog has previously hit on, he also remembered lighting a trash fire.

"Did you burn anything Friday night?" the investigator asks.

Houck replies, "Yes, it's not uncommon. I don't want stuff piling up to the moon. I always light a fire."

A surveillance camera on his aunt's nearby home shows him leaving just before midnight.  Houck says he had left with Crystal but when he wakes up the next morning he said she was gone.

"I didn't know what to think but yes, I called her. I called her that morning," he says.

Houck said he later returned to the farm and admitted to moving a bulldozer to the top of the driveway and then his brother, a police officer, calls.  ..................................................

But during a nearly twohour interview, there was more.  Investigators told Nick Houck neighbors had reported seeing him taking something out of his police cruiser in the days following Crystal's disappearance and then putting it into his mother's car.

A search dog hits on his police cruiser and the Kentucky State Police Crime Lab, according to investigators, found even more.

"There's a couple spots in your trunk and that blanket lit up like Chernobyl. Why would that be?" an investigator asks of apparent blood splatter discovered in the trunk.

Houck replies there would not be blood in the cruiser's trunk.  The investigator presses on, "Okay, bodily fluids."

Houck said, "I don't have a clue."

He said he never helped move a body or helped to destroy evidence.  He claims both he and his brother are innocent, "There's no way he could do something like that.  He's not capable of it."

Law enforcement said last week Crystal Rogers is "presumed dead."

(Bold=me)   If everything I bolded isn't probable cause then I don't know what is.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 10:14:53 AM by Blue Moon » Logged

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2015, 04:25:19 AM »

http://www.wdrb.com/story/30299343/missing-bardstown-womans-boyfriend-says-investigation-is-starting-to-get-silly

Missing Bardstown woman's boyfriend says investigation is 'starting to get silly'

Posted: Oct 19, 2015 4:57 PM EST
Updated: Oct 19, 2015 10:42 PM EST
By Lindsay Allen

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -

New evidence was released Monday in the disappearance of a Bardstown woman, who has been missing since July 3.

Her boyfriend, who is now the main suspect, told police he wasn't initially worried when he woke up and she was nowhere to be found. Last week, police revealed Brooks Houck, Crystal Rogers' boyfriend, is the only suspect in her disappearance and they now believe she is dead.

In police interviews with Houck, he tells them Crystal would go out with her sister and friends to "fantasy parties" and it wasn't unusual for her to be out late or even come home the next morning. He says he called her the morning she disappeared but can't remember exactly when or where he was when he made that call.

"All these girls get together, they talk about and do whatever, and it's not uncommon for them, when they go out and party, they stay out the better part of the night if not the whole night," Brooks told a detective.

Houck tells investigators he doesn't need an attorney and didn't have anything to do with her disappearance.

"My whole family's name is trashed for something completely not even tied to me," he said.

The detective points out Houck was the last person to see Rogers alive and there are gaps in his story.

While Houck claims he, Rogers and their son spent the evening of Friday, July 3 at his family's farm, the investigator brings up a text message Rogers sent to a friend earlier that same day.

"We've got a sitter for the evening. It's our first time being kid-free for a while, so we don't want to...we're kid-free. We're gonna enjoy ourselves," the detectives said while describing the text message. "Why would she lie to her about that?" 

Houck replies that he doesn't know.

He also tells police his focus has become protecting his son Eli, now that his mother is gone.

"It's taking a lot of energy and effort...I can't even go on the side of the road without looking like a murderer," he said. "This is starting to get silly. I don't need an attorney. I'm innocent. This, to me, is starting to get silly."

Last week, investigators named Houck as a suspect and officials fired his brother from the Bardstown Police Department.

They say former officer Nick Houck interfered in the investigation. During an interview with Nick Houck in late July, an FBI polygraph examiner says he failed a previous test and has been lying.

The polygraph examiner claims the questions Nick Houck had problems with are the ones about Crystal Rogers.

"I don't give a god d*** what your f***ing computer said," Houck said in the interview."I'm telling you that I have been 100 percent honest with you."

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2015, 04:32:55 AM »

http://www.kystandard.com/content/video-ksp-interviews-nick-houck

About 5 hours of interrogation videos released

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 5:41 pm (Updated: October 20, 7:17 pm)

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2015, 04:36:17 AM »

http://www.whas11.com/story/news/local/2015/10/22/parents-missing-ky-mom-plan-file-full-custody-grandson/74422484/

Parents of missing Ky. mom plan to file for full custody of grandson

BARDSTOWN, Ky. (WHAS11) -- The parents of missing Bardstown mother of five, Crystal Rogers, plan to file for full custody of her 3-year-old son, Eli. The child's father is Brooks Houck who is Rogers' former boyfriend, he has now been named the main suspect in her disappearance.

"That definitely made a big decision on us speeding things up, I want Eli as safe as he possibly can be," Sherry Ballard said.

Crystal's parents Sherry and Tommy Ballard had already filed for grandparents' rights and partially custody of Eli back in August. They had a hearing Sept. 10, but now more than a month later they are still waiting for a judge to decide. Ballard said today the waiting is a little harder.

"Today is Eli's birthday; his third birthday," Ballard said.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2015, 11:27:57 PM »

http://www.whas11.com/story/news/local/community/2015/10/22/crystal-rogers-sons-birthday/74393848/

Crystal Rogers parents speak out on new developments in case

Bethanni Williams, 12:45 p.m. EDT October 22, 2015

(WHAS 11)-- The parents of Crystal Rogers, the missing mother of five, are speaking out.(Video at link)

In an interview with ABC's Good Morning America Rogers' parents explains how they feel about the new developments in their daughters case.

Oct.16 police named Brooks Houck, Rogers' boyfriend, as the main suspect in her disappearance.

Her parents say their suspicions were confirmed.

Karma Is Coming

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.