March 28, 2024, 06:34:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crystal Rogers, 35yrs old missing since July 3, 2015 from Bardstown, KY  (Read 96235 times)
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2016, 10:00:25 AM »

http://www.whas11.com/story/news/local/community/2016/01/06/crystal-rogers-parents-boyfriend-back-court/78374894/

Just wanted to add the court date below.

Houck's attorney says he is not selling property under market value, but he is in the real estate market for work. The Ballards and Houck will be back in court on January 29.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2016, 09:40:43 AM »

http://www.wlky.com/news/2-men-charged-in-connection-with-disappearance-of-crystal-rogers/37552908

2 men charged in connection with disappearance of Crystal Rogers

Published  12:34 PM EST Jan 21, 2016

BARDSTOWN, Ky. —Police have charged two men in connection to the case of missing Bardstown mother Crystal Rogers.

Vincent Nethery and Donald Howard are both charged with falsely reporting an incident.

According to the sheriff's office, both men admitted they lied when they implicated Danny Singleton.

Singleton is charged with 38 counts of perjury and was scheduled to be in court Thursday morning.

He's a long-time employee and friend of Brooks Houck, who's been named a suspect in Rogers' disappearance.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2016, 09:44:43 AM »

http://www.wave3.com/story/31022992/investigators-men-gave-false-information-in-crystal-rogers-case

Investigators: Men gave false information in Crystal Rogers case

Posted: Jan 21, 2016 12:04 PM EST
Updated: Jan 21, 2016 12:24 PM EST

BARDSTOWN, KY (WAVE) - Two men have been charged for making false statements in the case of a Nelson County woman missing for more than six months.

The Nelson County Sheriff's Office filed charges of falsely reporting an incident against Vincent D. Nethery, 22, and Donald L. Howard, 27.

On December 29, the sheriff's office said both men lied to investigators about having information in the Crystal Rogers case. Deputies say Nethery and Howard each made statements that implicated Danny Singleton in the murder of Rogers. Singleton is an employee of Brooks Houck, the live-in boyfriend of Rogers.

Under further questioning, both Nethery and Howard admitted to having lied to investigators.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2016, 09:48:17 AM »

http://nelsoncountygazette.com/?p=24544

Vincent Nethery

Man who led police on high-speed chase thru town indicted Wednesday

Thursday, March 19, 2015, 10 p.m. — The Bardstown man who led police on a high-speed chase through downtown Bardstown last month and ran several vehicles off the road in the process was indicted Wednesday by a Nelson County grand jury.

Vincent D. Nethery, 22, of Bardstown was indicted on charges of fleeing and evading police, first-degree; four counts of wanton endangerment, first-degree; seven counts of wanton endangerment, first-degree, police officer; first-degree criminal mischief; violation of a Kentucky domestic violence order; reckless driving; speeding, 26 mph or more over the limit; and three counts of disregarding a traffic control device.

On Feb. 8, Nethery alleged fled from police who tried to stop him after he was in a confrontation with a family member. The chase began on KY 245 at its intersection with Bloomfield Road, east to Springfield Road, and from there to the Court Square. Then Nethery drove north on North Third Street. Nethery lost control of his vehicle near Wetherby Avenue and it struck a utility pole and crashed.

The indictment states Nethery also endangered the lives of the seven officers involved in the pursuit.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2016, 09:55:23 AM »

http://nelsoncountygazette.com/?p=21464

Jail Logs–March 14-21, 2014

Donald Lee Howard Jr., 26, parole violation (for felony offense).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1107563399276986&id=205164699516865

BARDSTOWN POLICE DEPARTMENT
212 Nelson County Plaza
Bardstown, Ky. 40004
502-348-6811
Chief Rick McCubbin

PRESS RELEASE:

Investigation: Assault 2nd degree, unlawful imprisonment and possession of controlled substance.

Accused: Donald Lee Howard (27 ) Bardstown, Ky.

Location 136 Barberry Lane, Bardstown, Ky.

Case Officer: Detective Lynn Davis

On Monday, November 16 Bardstown Police arrested Donald Lee Howard following an assault altercation. Initially Police were dispatched to a disturbance call on November 11th where Donald Lee Howard had reportedly cut the arm of a 16 year old male juvenile he had been in an altercation with. The male juvenile was cut about the arm and required stitches. Donald Lee Howard fled from the scene prior to Police arrival.

That investigation led Police to locate Donald Lee Howard today at 136 Barberry Lane. During this portion of the investigation it was discovered that Donald Lee Howard had beaten a female at the residence and had he would not let her leave. The female adult victim had bite marks on her face, arm and body along with numerous injuries to her facial area. She was transported to Flaget hospital for treatment. Officers located suspected methamphetamine at the residence with Howard's belongings.

Donald Lee Howard was arrested and lodged in the Nelson County Jail after being charged with Assault 2nd degree (2 counts), unlawful imprisonment, possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia and criminal trespass 2nd degree.

The investigation is continuing. If you have any information regarding this investigation please contact the Bardstown Police Department at 502-348-6811 or Nelson County Dispatch at 502-348-3211
November 16, 2015 at 7:53pm · Public

Karma Is Coming

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2016, 09:37:22 PM »

http://www.wlky.com/news/2-men-charged-in-connection-with-disappearance-of-crystal-rogers/37552908

2 men charged in connection with disappearance of Crystal Rogers

Published  12:34 PM EST Jan 21, 2016

BARDSTOWN, Ky. —Police have charged two men in connection to the case of missing Bardstown mother Crystal Rogers.

Vincent Nethery and Donald Howard are both charged with falsely reporting an incident.

According to the sheriff's office, both men admitted they lied when they implicated Danny Singleton.

Singleton is charged with 38 counts of perjury and was scheduled to be in court Thursday morning.

He's a long-time employee and friend of Brooks Houck, who's been named a suspect in Rogers' disappearance.

Sounds like someone is playing games with this case.  I just don't know if the police can crack this case.  They never were able to bring anyone to justice in the killing of the officer in that area before Crystal's disappearance.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2016, 09:42:27 PM »

http://nelsoncountygazette.com/?p=24544

Vincent Nethery

Man who led police on high-speed chase thru town indicted Wednesday

Thursday, March 19, 2015, 10 p.m. — The Bardstown man who led police on a high-speed chase through downtown Bardstown last month and ran several vehicles off the road in the process was indicted Wednesday by a Nelson County grand jury.

Vincent D. Nethery, 22, of Bardstown was indicted on charges of fleeing and evading police, first-degree; four counts of wanton endangerment, first-degree; seven counts of wanton endangerment, first-degree, police officer; first-degree criminal mischief; violation of a Kentucky domestic violence order; reckless driving; speeding, 26 mph or more over the limit; and three counts of disregarding a traffic control device.

On Feb. 8, Nethery alleged fled from police who tried to stop him after he was in a confrontation with a family member. The chase began on KY 245 at its intersection with Bloomfield Road, east to Springfield Road, and from there to the Court Square. Then Nethery drove north on North Third Street. Nethery lost control of his vehicle near Wetherby Avenue and it struck a utility pole and crashed.

The indictment states Nethery also endangered the lives of the seven officers involved in the pursuit.

Two unsavory characters.  Wonder who paid them to provide false information to the police or did they do it to maybe get lighter sentences?  Just doesn't make sense to me.  Meanwhile there are 5 children left without their mother and the father of the youngest one is their prime suspect.  Too much like Gregg Peterson case. Brooks reminds me of Peterson (JMO).

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2016, 12:32:25 PM »

http://www.wlky.com/news/investigators-analyze-car-possibly-involved-in-crystal-rogers-disappearance/39869206
Car possibly involved in Crystal Rogers disappearance analyzed

UPDATED 5:44 AM EDT Jun 03, 2016

video

Investigators said they are analyzing a car that they believe might have been involved in her disappearance.

Rogers has been missing for nearly a year. The newest information could be a big break in the case, but one person is refusing to talk, authorities said.

"We got tips at the very beginning that there was a white car that was involved. We could never pinpoint that car, but they did find that car," Rogers' mother, Sherry Ballard, said.

Witnesses told investigators that the night Rogers disappeared, a white Buick was parked in a strange place at a farm owned by the mother of suspect Brooks Houck.

According to court documents, Houck's grandmother, Anna Whitesides, owned a white Buick at the time but later sold it.

"She gave two full statements to the police. She was the one who showed them where to get the car that was in question," Whitesides' attorney, Jason Floyd, said.

Whitesides was subpoenaed to appear before a Nelson County grand jury in May, but didn't appear because Floyd suggested that she invoke her Fifth Amendment rights.

"As an 82-year-old woman who has health and memory issues, we felt it was best she did not testify for the risk of incriminating herself with something she might say," Floyd said.

Ballard isn't happy with the decision.

"I know it's her grandson and I know you're going to try to protect your family, but do the right thing and come forward. I mean, I raised my kids that if you did something wrong, you're going to have to pay the penalty for that," Ballard said.

Houck has not been charged, but he has been named a suspect.

Police said Whitesides isn't a suspect, and her attorney said that just because she won't testify doesn't mean that she has anything to hide.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2017, 07:32:21 AM »

I think this is roughly 45 miles from where Crystal went missing.

http://www.lex18.com/story/34405746/dog-finds-skull-in-shelby-co

More Remains Found After Dog Finds Skull In Shelby Co.
Posted: Feb 01, 2017 8:29 PM CST
Updated: Feb 03, 2017 2:11 PM CST

SHELBY COUNTY, Ky (LEX 18) Deputies in Shelby County say a human skull was found by a dog on Samples Lane.

They say around 5:05 p.m Wednesday, deputies got the call that a homeowner’s dog brought them a skull found intact. Deputies responded to the home and confirmed it to be a skull.

The Shelby County coroner now has possession of the skull. It is unclear at this time if the skull came from a nearby graveyard or elsewhere.

The skull was found in good condition, but was described as being ‘old in nature.’ The Shelby County sheriff told LEX 18 that by looking at the skull, it appears this person has been dead for at least one year, maybe several.

"It's quiet around here, and this is the last thing I expected to see. And there's only, I think, four of us on this road so not much happens back here, so yeah it took me by surprise," said the homeowner, Don Kircher.

The sheriff said they don't have any missing persons cases in Shelby County right now, but they are gathering information about missing people from surrounding counties.

On Friday, it was announced that they have found more remains. Deputies say this is going to be a long investigation.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2017, 07:39:02 AM »

http://www.wdrb.com/story/33750870/officers-investigating-after-father-of-missing-bardstown-mother-crystal-rogers-shot-and-killed-while-hunting

Officers investigating after father of missing Bardstown mother Crystal Rogers shot and killed while hunting
Posted: Nov 19, 2016 8:41 AM CST
Updated: Nov 21, 2016 3:14 AM CST

NELSON COUNTY, Ky. (WDRB) -- Tommy Ballard, the father of missing Bardstown mother Crystal Rogers was shot and killed Saturday morning.

Tommy's father Till Ballard said Tommy was shot in the chest around 8 a.m. while hunting with his son and 12-year-old grandson on the family's property along Ed Brent Lane near the Blue Grass Parkway.

"Tommy always said 'I'll spend my last dime trying to find Crystal.' I guess he's found her now," Till Ballard told WDRB News.

Trooper Jeff Gregory with Kentucky State Police said Tommy Ballard's death has been labeled a "death investigation."

"I don't know all the information as far as who a perpetrator or who would've fired the shot is," said Trooper Gregory. "I can only give out what I have and hopefully we'll have more to give you later on."

An autopsy was performed Sunday morning in Louisville. According to the Nelson County coroner, Ballard was shot in the chest and the bullet exited his back.

Tommy's daughter Crystal Rogers was last seen in July 2015. The 35-year-old mother of five's car was found abandoned on the side of the Bluegrass Parkway.

Since her disappearance, Crystal's parents have been involved in countless searches for her.

According to Till Ballard, his son was planning a large-scale, out-of-town search for next week.

When asked about a possible link between the disappearance of Crystal Rogers and the shooting death of Tommy Ballard, Trooper Gregory said it's "way too early" to say anything like that.

"I don't know all the information as far as a perpetrator, who would have fired the shot, but that will be something else were working on." said Trooper Gregory. "Just have faith. Say your prayers for this family. They've been through a lot."

Tommy & Sherry Ballard

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2017, 07:45:14 AM »

http://www.wdrb.com/story/34076229/kentucky-state-police-quiet-on-tommy-ballard-death-investigation-but-confident-in-solving-case

Kentucky State Police quiet on Tommy Ballard death investigation, but confident in solving case
Posted: Dec 16, 2016 5:08 PM CST
Updated: Dec 16, 2016 5:25 PM CST
By Fallon Glick

NELSON COUNTY, Ky. (WDRB) – Was it murder or an accident? Weeks after Tommy Ballard's death, we got an update from Kentucky State Police.

KSP says its silence on the case does not mean they aren't working on it. Instead, they say they’ve been investigating it every day and still make visits to the crime scene.

On Nov. 19, Tommy Ballard was shot in the chest on family property before hunting with family. The shooter has yet to be identified.

“We've had several detectives who have been working on it every day and looking at different angles and checking on different information, tips that have come in,” Trooper Jeff Gregory told WDRB News.

The field where he was killed now sits in silence. It's a similar silence the Nelson County Community hears when it comes to the investigation. But contrary to public opinion, Trooper Gregory says KSP is working diligently behind the scenes.

“If we give our whole case away, what our evidence is, what our statements are from witnesses or anybody else that may have information -- when people do come forward to us and we don't know what they know -- if we haven't released anything, and they tell us stuff that's pertinent to the case, then we know that we're on to something,” Trooper Gregory said.

Much of that information includes the bullet casing, the gun used, the direction of the shot fired, the people who have been interviewed and much more.

Although the case is currently being called a death investigation, it isn’t set in stone.

“It doesn't mean we can't change that title later. It's still getting investigated like if it were a murder investigation or homicide investigation,” Trooper Gregory said.

Sherry Ballard, Tommy's wife, believes her husband's death was not an accident. She says the person responsible for killing Tommy is the same person behind the disappearance of their daughter, Crystal Rogers.

“I've felt from day one that someone watched him," she said Thursday. "He told several people that someone was following him."

Trooper Gregory says it could become a homicide case when results come back from different tests they're running. He says it's just a matter of time, and he's positive they will solve who shot Tommy Ballard.

“All I can tell you is we have some of the best investigators that I have ever worked with in my 20 years of law enforcement working on it,” he said. “I feel confident that we will be able to bring it to closure, and I just don't know when.”

Trooper Gregory adds hunting accidents are very uncommon. It's even more uncommon to be shot in the chest in a hunting accident.

If you have any information in this case you're asked to call Kentucky State Police at (270)-766-5078.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2017, 07:51:27 AM »

http://www.wdrb.com/story/34069635/sherry-ballard-says-her-husband-was-being-followed-leading-up-to-his-death

Sherry Ballard says her husband was being followed leading up to his death
Posted: Dec 15, 2016 10:07 PM CST
Updated: Dec 15, 2016 10:07 PM CST
By Fallon Glick

BARDSTOWN, Ky. (WDRB) – Tommy Ballard, the father of missing Bardstown woman Crystal Rogers, was shot and killed nearly a month ago, and for the first time, his family is breaking its silence.

They say in the weeks leading up to his death, Tommy Ballard told his wife he was being followed, and that's part of the reason why his family thinks his death was no accident.

Sherry Ballard, Tommy’s wife, believes the person involved in their daughter's disappearance is also responsible for killing her husband.

“He's everywhere. I can't look at anything and not see him,” Sherry Ballard told WDRB News.

On the morning of Nov. 19, Tommy Ballard was shot in the chest and killed. He and his grandson were up early before the sun to go hunting.

“I told God to watch over them while they were in the woods,” she said.

Then about 30 minutes later came a phone call from their 11-year-old son.

“And he's hysterical and says Papaw’s been shot," Sherry recalled. "I heard it, but I didn't hear it."

In a frantic rush to the scene, calls were made to 911 and other family members.

“There was a police officer down the hill with his lights on, and I could see my husband lying on the ground,” she said.

Kentucky State Police have not said much on the case, simply calling it a death investigation.

Tommy Ballard was shot on family property. His son Casey, who heard the shot that killed his father, was in a different field on the same property. He says he’s never seen any other hunters trespassing on their land.

Weeks later, the same scene has an eerie silence with traffic going by in the background from the Bluegrass Parkway. A cross has been erected in Tommy's honor.

“I don't think my husband's death was accident," Sherry Ballard said. "I'll never think it was."

Without a doubt, the Ballard family believes Tommy's death has something to do with the disappearance of his daughter, Crystal Rogers.

“I think someone wanted my husband out of the way, because we were getting close to Crystal, and they knew he was the driving force behind her,” she said.

Tommy orchestrated search after search to find his daughter and the mother of his five grandchildren since July of 2015. His death has been hard on Crystal's children.

“She said Mamaw, I thought Papaw was going to bring my mom home ... and it broke my heart. What do you tell her?” Sherry said of a conversation she had with her granddaughter.

While the plan for Sherry and Tommy Ballard was to find their daughter and put her to rest together, Sherry now hopes for something different.

“I said maybe he'll lead me to her some way or another,” Sherry said.

And she prays justice for her husband and daughter will come soon.

“I mean I've waited 17 months for Crystal," she said. "It's not easy waiting, and I hope I don't have to for Tommy."

Meanwhile, KSP is still wanting to speak with any drivers -- especially truck drivers with dash cams --  who might have witnessed a suspicious person or car between mile markers 21 and 25 on the Bluegrass Parkway from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 19.

As for the investigation into Crystal Rogers, the Nelson County Sheriff’s Office has name Rogers’ former boyfriend the main suspect in her disappearance.

He has not been charged with a crime.

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2017, 09:48:41 AM »

Long time no see monkeys  an angelic monkey

I've been following the case. Sadly, of course, she is likely dead at the hands of the boyfriend. How many time do we have to hear this same tragic story?

I'm guessing based on the image of the skull that it belongs to a male (brow ridge). But I'm no expert and we will see. Crystal needs to be brought home and her killer and his accomplice(s) in jail!

I remember you, Caylee.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2017, 05:20:11 PM »

http://www.wdrb.com/story/35005476/today-at-4-pm-are-the-murders-of-ofc-jason-ellis-and-crystal-rogers-connected

TODAY AT 4: Is the murder of Ofc. Jason Ellis connected to Crystal Rogers' disappearance

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 12:02 PM CDT
Updated: Mar 27, 2017 2:53 PM CDT

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A police officer is killed by a sniper -- and a mother vanishes. Months later, her father is shot and killed.

Could there be a connection among Nelson County's most infamous cases?

"I think Jason Ellis' was ... just for the fact of what kind of police officer he was," said Sherry Ballard, mother of Crystal Rogers. "I think deep down, my daughter overheard something she shouldn't have."

For the first time, we're hearing what the victims' family thinks happened in the unsolved crimes.

Only on WDRB, we get answers from Kentucky State Police. The story airs today at 4 p.m.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2017, 05:48:33 PM »

http://www.lex18.com/story/36003448/woman-accused-of-stealing-missing-person-signs

Woman Accused of Stealing Missing Person Signs
Posted: Jul 30, 2017 5:46 AM CDT
Updated: Jul 30, 2017 5:46 AM CDT

NELSON COUNTY, Ky. (LEX 18)-- A woman has been arrested for stealing signs related to the disappearance of Crystal Rogers.

The Nelson County Sheriff's Office arrested Crystal Dawn Maupin on Saturday.

She is charged with theft by unlawful taking.

Maupin is the girlfriend of Brooks Houck, the former boyfriend of Rogers and father of her youngest child.

Rogers was last seen July 3, 2015.

Her former boyfriend is believed to be the last person who saw her.

Maupin was booked into the Nelson County Jail but bonded out about 30 minutes later.

As of now it's a mystery what happened to the missing signs.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2017, 05:55:47 PM »

A "Justice for Dylan" banner that hung near Mark Redwine's home in Vallecito since 2013 was cut down and taken last fall.
The banner was taken while Mark Redwine and his girlfriend were in town for a hearing where Mark was suing Dylan's mother, Elaine for $50,000.
He lost, the suit was thrown out of court.  And the banner was stolen.
Ram signs donated another sign and it was replaced promptly.
Now Mark Redwine is finally in jail where he belongs, charged with Dylan's murder.
Let's hope the same comes soon in this case.

Justice for Crystal!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2020, 06:11:18 AM »

https://www.whas11.com/article/news/local/bardstown-crystal-rogers-human-remains-nelson-county-kentucky/417-3b1fa099-fd58-4f4e-b4f1-91dcb82f972c

Missing Bardstown woman's family notified after human remains found in Nelson County
Sources close to the Crystal Rogers case said it was a location near where she was last seen five years ago.

Author: Shay McAlister, CJ Daniels
Published: 6:21 PM EDT July 26, 2020
Updated: 6:47 PM EDT July 26, 2020

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — WHAS11 News has learned the family of missing Bardstown woman Crystal Rogers has been notified after possible human remains were discovered near Nelson County.

According to police, the discovery was near the border of Nelson and Washington County.

Sources close to the case said it is a location near where Rogers was last seen alive in July 2015.

Police say they became aware of the remains on Thursday and called in the FBI’s Evidence Response Team on Friday due to the “difficult to reach location.”

The remains were sent to the FBI’s lab in Quantico, Virginia for testing.

Rogers, a mother of five, was last seen at her boyfriend Brooks Houck’s family farm.

Houck told police when they went to bed she was there and when he woke up, she was gone.

Months after the disappearance, the Nelson County Sheriff’s Department named Houck as the main suspect in the case, but he has never been charged.

Officials said they will not be commenting any further until they receive results from the lab.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2020, 03:09:02 PM »

https://www.whas11.com/article/news/local/bardstown-crystal-rogers-human-remains-nelson-county-kentucky/417-3b1fa099-fd58-4f4e-b4f1-91dcb82f972c

Missing Bardstown woman's family notified after human remains found in Nelson County
Sources close to the Crystal Rogers case said it was a location near where she was last seen five years ago.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — WHAS11 News has learned the family of missing Bardstown woman Crystal Rogers has been notified after possible human remains were discovered near Nelson County.

According to police, the discovery was near the border of Nelson and Washington County.

Sources close to the case said it is a location near where Rogers was last seen alive in July 2015.

Police say they became aware of the remains on Thursday and called in the FBI’s Evidence Response Team on Friday due to the “difficult to reach location.”

Rogers, a mother of five, was last seen at her boyfriend Brooks Houck’s family farm.

Houck told police when they went to bed she was there and when he woke up, she was gone.

Months after the disappearance, the Nelson County Sheriff’s Department named Houck as the main suspect in the case, but he has never been charged.

Officials said they will not be commenting any further until they receive results from the lab.

Hi Texasmom.  So glad you posted this.  I have followed this case for the last 5 years and it would be so great if her family finally gets the closure they deserve.  It is a lot like Natalee's case-you know they are dead but there is never really closure until you find their remains.

Hope you are doing good.  You are so dedicated to Natalee. I know Beth would be so proud of you.

Have you seen this documentary on Crystal?  https://www.oxygen.com/the-disappearance-of-crystal-rogers

I am afraid this will be someone else.  There are so many missing people in that area.  I would never drive through on the Parkway by myself.  The whole Parkway is desolate and creepy. Other than Bardstown that really isn't much in the way of populated areas.

I will keep my fingers crossed that his is it.  Found it odd that they found these bones Friday but they couldn't reach them and called in Federal help to retrieve them.  Sounds like someone directed police to the location.  Maybe Houck?

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2020, 04:51:57 PM »

Hi Texasmom.  So glad you posted this.  I have followed this case for the last 5 years and it would be so great if her family finally gets the closure they deserve.  It is a lot like Natalee's case-you know they are dead but there is never really closure until you find their remains.

Hope you are doing good.  You are so dedicated to Natalee. I know Beth would be so proud of you.

Have you seen this documentary on Crystal?  https://www.oxygen.com/the-disappearance-of-crystal-rogers

I am afraid this will be someone else.  There are so many missing people in that area.  I would never drive through on the Parkway by myself.  The whole Parkway is desolate and creepy. Other than Bardstown that really isn't much in the way of populated areas.

I will keep my fingers crossed that his is it.  Found it odd that they found these bones Friday but they couldn't reach them and called in Federal help to retrieve them.  Sounds like someone directed police to the location.  Maybe Houck?

Hi Blue Moon! 

I didn't watch the Oxygen show on Crystal, it was tempting...but after they did the number on Natalee's story, I don't even give them a chance anymore.  That one put me over the edge, I still see comments about it on fb, people think that crap was true, makes me so mad!    Thank you for the compliment, Natalee is in my heart, and always will be.  

I've been thinking the same about this find, that it's probably someone else; but we can still hope.  If it's not her at least maybe a family will get answers they need and that's better than not knowing.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2020, 06:37:10 PM »

The location appears to be near the Houck family farm.  So it does probably point to it being her.  I had read early on that she was burned in a big fire he started on his farm right after she went missing.  I also read that Houck fed her to his pigs.  That is just to awful to think about.  Wonder what was on that farm that made it that hard to get to the remains.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.