April 27, 2024, 03:35:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kayla Gomez Orozco (10) Last seen in Bullard, TX 11/1/16 Amber Alert BODY FOUND  (Read 14841 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2016, 09:36:00 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindKaylaGomez/photos/a.311506925900430.1073741827.311499742567815/313589545692168/?type=1&theater

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2016, 11:01:27 AM »

I think this is the person that will be charged.
He's not her "uncle".
Hopefully they will have a press conference soon and we'll know for sure.

https://www.vinelink.com/#/searchResults

Offender Name: ZAVALA-GARCIA, GUSTAVO
Custody Status: In Custody
Race: White
Contact Facility: SMITH COUNTY JAIL

http://odysseypa.smith-county.com/PublicAccess/JailingDetail.aspx?JailingID=328322

Booking #: B16-04419   Texas Rangers
Facility:   Booked: 11/06/2016   Released:
Name   ZAVALA-GARCIA, GUSTAVO   Desc   White  Male  5' 8"   170 lbs  
Alias      Hair   Black
SO #   178706   Eyes   Brown
DOB   07/04/1992
Address   BULLARD, TX 75757
Front View Mugshot
Warrant #   Charge   Issuing Auth   Offense Date   Bond/Type   Fine/Crt Costs   Disposition
ETX171100003   IMMIGRATION HOLD   ICE      

« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 12:12:02 PM by texasmom » Logged

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2016, 11:18:36 AM »

i was worried about the I-H charge
some info on MMIGRATION HOLD

http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/criminal-law/criminal-law/immigration-crimes.htm
https://www.hg.org/article.asp?id=27230

how did he get back in, ICE was involved in 2014 too
http://bailbondcity.com/texas/smith-inmate-ZAVALA/319086

last name: ZAVALA-GARCIA
first name: GUSTAVO
http://judicial.smith-county.com/PublicAccess/JailingSearch.aspx?ID=400

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2016, 11:23:17 AM »

Thinking of Kayla and her family and friends.  Praying there will be justice.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2016, 11:36:23 AM »

Thinking of Kayla and her family and friends.  Praying there will be justice.

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2016, 11:37:31 AM »

i think these are his FB pags

https://www.facebook.com/people/Gustavo-Zavala/100009835505283
https://www.facebook.com/gustavo.zavala.1656

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2016, 02:17:53 PM »

Press Conference today

https://twitter.com/LynnanneFOX4?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Lynnanne Nguyen ‏@LynnanneFOX4  · 7m7 minutes ago   Texas, USA   
Reward money is unclaimed & will be returned to donors since no tip or individual led investigators to find Kayla Gomez Orozco

Lynnanne Nguyen ‏@LynnanneFOX4  · 7m7 minutes ago   Texas, USA   
Investigative lead led authorities to property where Kayla Gomez Orozco found in well on family member's property, not search party efforts

Lynnanne Nguyen ‏@LynnanneFOX4  · 8m8 minutes ago   Texas, USA   
Family member of Kayla Gomez Orozco is being held on an immigration detainer at Smith Co Jail without bond. Murder charges still pending

Lynnanne Nguyen ‏@LynnanneFOX4  · 18m18 minutes ago   Texas, USA   
Family member lives at residence where body of 10 yr old Kayla Gomez Orozco found in a well still wearing same clothing when she disappeared

Lynnanne Nguyen ‏@LynnanneFOX4  · 25m25 minutes ago 
Waiting for media briefing on Kayla Gomez Orozco, should be getting updates from law enforcement in 5 min
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2016, 02:18:51 PM »

Rest in Peace, dear Kayla   an angelic monkey   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2016, 03:58:04 PM »

Video of the press conference at the link:

http://www.easttexasmatters.com/news/local-news/suspect-in-kayla-gomez-case-identified-by-source

Suspect in Kayla Gomez case identified by source

By Michael Wesp | mwesp@ketknbc.com, Cara Prichard | cprichard@ketknbc.com, Daniel Pierce | dpierce@ketknbc.com, Karah Rucker | krucker@myeasttex.com
Published 11/06 2016 01:28PM Updated 11/06 2016 03:11PM

TYLER, Texas (KETK)

At a 1:30 p.m. press conference at First Baptist Church in Bullard, local officials confirmed the body of Kayla Gomez-Orozco had been recovered.

Smith County Sheriff Larry Smith said Kayla Gomez, 10, was found in a well on Saturday night. She first disappeared on Tuesday evening from Bullard First Assembly Church during a prayer service.

Smith said the child's body was found through an investigative lead. After obtaining a search warrant, investigators determined her remains were in a well near a family member's home at the location off the 22000 block of Old Jacksonville Highway. She was still in the clothes she was last seen in when Tyler Fire crews helped recover the body, after midnight.

The body was sent to Dallas for autopsy Sunday morning.

Authorities are still searching the residence and vehicles at the location for more evidence.

The scene where Kayla disappeared is about three miles from where she went missing.

The family member who is believed responsible for her death is currently being on an U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detainer. He is currently in the Smith County Jail. No bond has been set. The man's name has not been released, but officials say the relative is either 23-years or 24-years-old.

According to a law enforcement source, the man is in the country illegally and had been previously deported for a violent crime in 2014. He has been identified to KETK as Gustavo Zavala, 24, of Bullard, according to the source. Judicial records show Zavala was arrested for assault causing bodily injury twice in 2014.

A motive in the homicide has not been released.

On Saturday night, a law enforcement told KETK the person responsible for Kayla's death is an uncle. A family member says the man is a cousin who "acted like an uncle to Kayla."

A timeline of events is still being worked by investigators.

Sheriff Smith said the Cherokee County District Attorney and Smith County District Attorney will work together to decide charges to be brought against the suspect, upon a formal arrest.

Tyler ISD has organized a vigil for Kayla Gomez at Jack Elementary School for Sunday at 5:15 p.m.. There will also be a vigil at Brook Hill School in Bullard held at 6:30 p.m.

The school district released a statement Sunday afternoon:
We are saddened to learn that the body of Kayla Gomez-Orozco, the Jack Elementary school student who has been missing since Tuesday, Nov. 1, has been found.  Our hearts and sympathies go out to Kayla’s family and friends as they come to terms with this painful and senseless tragedy.  We ask that you keep the students and staff at Jack Elementary School in your thoughts and prayers. Additional [grief] counselors from throughout the District will be at the Jack campus next week to provide assistance and support as needed for staff and students.
Parking may be limited. Non-Jack staff is asked to park at Faulkner Park nearest the Tyler Police station and shuttle as Tyler ISD buses will be on hand. Shuttles run from 4 p.m. until 5 p.m., returning to cars once the event is over.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 04:07:51 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2016, 04:45:55 PM »

http://www.kltv.com/story/33650372/murder-charge-filed-against-suspect-in-kayla-gomez-orozco-case

Capital murder charge filed against suspect in Kayla Gomez-Orozco case

Monday, November 7th 2016, 3:00 pm CST
Monday, November 7th 2016, 3:03 pm CST
By KLTV Digital Media StaffCONNECT

EAST TEXAS (KLTV) -
Charges have been filed against a man suspected in the death of an East Texas 10-year-old.

Monday, an arrest warrant for capital murder was filed against Gustavo Zavala-Garcia, 24, according to Smith County Sheriff Larry Smith.

The charge was upgraded to capital murder because it was committed in the course of committing or attempting to commit kidnapping, a Smith County official said.

Zavala-Garcia is a suspect in the case of Kayla Gomez-Orozco, who went missing during a Nov. 1 prayer service at a church in Bullard. Her body was later found in a water well at Zavala-Garcia's home on FM 2493.

Zavala-Garcia was booked Saturday night on an Immigration Detainer according to Smith County Jail records.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2016, 04:59:11 PM »

http://www.easttexasmatters.com/news/breaking-news/man-accused-of-killing-kayla-gomez-has-bond-set-at-10-million

Man accused of killing Kayla Gomez has bond set at $10 million
By Michael Wesp | mwesp@ketknbc.com
Published 11/07 2016 03:47PMUpdated 11/07 2016 04:27PM

TYLER, Texas (KETK)

The accused murderer of Kayla Gomez-Orozco, 10, is being held on $10 million bond.

According to Smith County Sheriff Larry Smith, Gustavo Zavala-Garcia, 24, of Bullard, is charged with capital murder. He was booked into the Smith County Jail on an ICE detainer on Sunday and charged with capital murder on Monday.

Authorities found the little girl in a well off the 22000 block of Old Jacksonville Highway on Saturday night. She disappeared on the evening of Tuesday, November 1, from Bullard First Assembly Church during a prayer service. The scene where Kayla was found is about three miles from where she went missing.

Kayla was still in the clothes she was last seen wearing when Tyler Fire crews helped recover the body.

A law enforcement source told KETK the suspect had previously been deported in 2014.

Family members said Zavala is a cousin who "acted like an uncle to Kayla."

A motive in the homicide has not been released. A timeline is still being pieced together by investigators.

Kayla's body was sent for autopsy on Saturday. The preliminary autopsy was returned on Monday as pending. This includes the manner of death, toxicology, histology and investigation. Justice of the Peace Pct. 4 Judge Mitch Shamburger said it could take up to a month or longer for a complete autopsy to be returned. An exact timetable is unknown. The body has been released back to the Stewart Family Funeral Home.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2016, 04:49:19 PM »

http://www.easttexasmatters.com/news/local-news/affidavit-murder-suspect-admitted-to-killing-kayla

AFFIDAVIT: Murder suspect admitted to killing Kayla
Later recanted statement
Published 11/08 2016 01:19PMUpdated 11/08 2016 01:29PM

TYLER, Texas (KETK)

An arrest warrant affidavit for Gustavo Zavala-Garcia has revealed more details and a better timeline in the death of 10-year-old Kayla Gomez.

According to the arrest affidavit, on November 1 at 7:30 p.m., Kayla Gomez-Orozco disappeared from the Bullard First Assembly Church off the 51000 block of Highway 69 in Bullard. Witnesses reported the child was last seen walking from church's sanctuary and into the lobby.

Authorities interviewed family members of the victim and were able to identify an uncle of the child as a suspect. He was identified by a Mexico ID card as Zavala.

Investigators reported Zavala said he left his home at 6:55 p.m. and arrived at the church at around 7:00 p.m. with his 3-year-old daughter in tow. He then claimed to worship for 30 minutes and left with his daughter, stated court documents. Zavala also allegedly said he victim was sitting in a lobby chair at this time.

His departure was captured on surveillance video.

Video surveillance of the area, shows Suspected Parties vehicle, a black 2006 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck (Texas LP# --------), pulling out of the driveway at 19:35 hours.
The suspect told investigators he arrived home at 7:35 p.m. Zavala said minutes later his wife received a phone call from the mother of Kayla, who was asking if Zavala had seen her daughter, the affidavit stated.

The arrest warrant mentions a church member who saw the suspect, his daughter and the victim together, shortly before Kayla vanished.

Information from church member (name) revealed Suspected Party, his 3-year-old daughter, and Victim were observed walking out of the sanctuary. (Church member name) was entering the front lobby of the church when the aforementioned three persons were exiting.
The suspect later told a member of the church that Kayla had gone back inside and sat in a chair, stated the affidavit. The child was discovered missing between 7:51-7:55 p.m. Authorities believe the suspect took Kayla with him in his vehicle from the church.

When detectives spoke with Zavala's wife, she said her husband returned home at exactly 8:04 p.m. She recalled the time because she had just learned Kayla was missing. This left a 30 minute discrepancy from what Zavala had told officials, according to the affidavit.

Authorities received additional information that the suspect sometimes watched the victim in the playroom at the church.

The FBI was able to track cellphone data from his phone to determine Zavala's movements on the night Kayla disappeared. Cell tower tracking revealed the phone traveling in a northerly direction on Highway 69 from 7:40 p.m. and arriving at his home at 7:47 p.m., according to documents. The unaccounted 17 minutes are believed to be the time Zavala put Kayla in his well outside the home, according to the affidavit.

On November 5 during a consented search, authorities found what they believed to be Kayla's body in a concrete well outside the suspect's. home. At this time, the scene was secured and the suspect's family was taken to another location.

During a polygraph test, the suspect allegedly admitted to causing Kayla's death, but he then recanted his answer.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2016, 05:17:01 PM »

Video at the link:

http://www.easttexasmatters.com/news/local-news/da-kayla-has-become-a-part-of-everyone-in-this-community

DA: 'Kayla has become a part of everyone in this community'
Published 11/08 2016 11:27AMUpdated 11/08 2016 04:33PM

TYLER, Texas (KETK)

In an emotional Tuesday morning press conference, District Attorney Matt Bingham, Sheriff Larry Smith and Sheriff James Campbell spoke about the latest developments in the Kayla Gomez murder investigation.

Cherokee County Sheriff James Campbell provided a short opening statement about his team's control of the scene before turning the mic over to Smith County Sheriff Larry Smith.

Smith said they followed investigative leads -- not a tip -- to Gustavo Zavala-Garcia's home on Old Jackosnville Highway. After receiving written consent from the suspect and his wife to search the property, investigators removed the cover to a concrete well, which was about 25 feet deep, and looked inside. A body believed to be Kayla Gomez, 10, was discovered.

Once the scene was secure, authorities backed out and obtained an arrest warrant from Judge Jack Skeen before returning.

A second site is also being searched by authorities, but the location has not been disclosed.

Sheriff Smith also clarified the deportation of Zavala. The suspect had not yet been deported as previously reported, but was in the process of being sent back to Mexico, following a 2014 misdemeanor charge of assault family violence. Smith stated Zavala's deportation had been slowed when he failed to appear in court with an attorney in June.

Smith County District Attorney Matt Bingham took the podium and praised law enforcement for their work. At one point, there were 238 law enforcement officers working the case. He was visibly emotional when talking about the recovery of Kayla's body.

"It's hard as you sit in this room to understand the emotional toll that it takes on these men and women," Bingham said.

Zavala is currently being held in the Smith County Jail on a capital murder charge. He is being checked every 10 minutes by jailers. His bond is set at $10 million. His wife is not being treated as an accomplice, said Smith.

Bingham said Zavala was arrested for murder in the course of committing or attempting to commit kidnapping. These charges put together elevate his charge to capital murder.

Bingham also described how the victim had impacted the community as a whole.

"Kayla has become a part of everyone in this community. Her story has become our story," Bingham said. "And I'll tell you for all the men and women that were out there when she was pulled up that well, she has become our own daughter. And we are going to get justice for her."

Smith would not release a motive, citing the need to protect the investigation and prosecute Zavala in Smith County.

The sheriff also added he believed Kayla died late November 1, the night she was taken, or early the next morning.

When asked if Bingham's office would seek the death penalty, the district attorney said they will look at all the evidence and make a decision down the road.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2016, 04:51:39 PM »

Remembering Kayla Gomez-Orozco
WFAA 1:47 PM. CST November 09, 2016

Friends and family members gather today to remember Kayla Gomez-Orozco.

Her story captured the heart of the nation, and we at CBS19 ask that you continue to keep the family in your prayers during this difficult time.

HOW YOU CAN HELP

Nov. 9 Fundraiser at Raising Cane's in Tyler and Longview: 15% of all sales will be donated to Kayla's family in her honor.
Nov. 13 Fundraiser at Studio Movie Grill in Tyler: 100% of all ticket and food & beverage sales generated from the 1:45 p.m. showing of Trolls will be donated to Kayla's fund at First Bank & Trust East Texas
Donations are being accepted on the "Help Find Kayla Gomez" Facebook page, where a youcaring website has been established.
Regions Bank in Tyler is also accepting monetary donations for the Kayla Gomez Fund.
http://www.wfaa.com/news/remembering-kayla-gomez-orozco/350469526

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.