April 27, 2024, 10:38:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT: 21 Month Old Lonzie Barton Missing Since 7/24/15 in Jacksonville,FL  (Read 109429 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #220 on: December 17, 2015, 11:06:23 PM »

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2015, 01:01:45 AM »

http://www.news4jax.com/health/prosecutor-returns-from-stroke-more-energized

Prosecutor returns from stroke more energized
By Vic Micolucci - Reporter
Posted: 3:36 PM, December 18, 2015
Updated: 3:36 PM, December 18, 2015

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - One of Jacksonville's top prosecutors, who suffered a massive stroke while working out less than a week ago and spent four days in the hospital, has returned to work and to the gym.

Assistant State Attorney Rich Mantei, 45, is the lead prosecutor in the cases against Ruben Ebron and Lonna Barton, as well as many others.

Mantei said he was mid-workout last Saturday when he felt sick, then collapsed. Trainers and some clients in the gym recognized that he was having a stroke and treated him until rescue personnel arrived. Mantei was airlifted to Baptist Medical Center downtown for surgery.

News4Jax caught up with Mantei Friday morning at the HIT Center on Philips Highway, where he is exercising again. He said he feels better and credits his quick return to health to all those who helped to ensure he got medical help quickly.

"It is because I was here, and it is because of the people here, and it is because of that medical team that treated me," Mantei said. "It is my version of a Christmas miracle."

Mantei said he had stroke because of a genetic issue and it had nothing to do with his job or his intense exercise schedule. He said it was going to happen no matter what, and he's so thankful it happened when he had trained people around.

Ebron and Barton are scheduled to go on trial Jan. 11 on charges connected to the disappearance of Lonzie Barton.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #222 on: December 20, 2015, 08:21:39 AM »

an angelic monkey

http://www.news4jax.com/news/friends-hold-christmas-tree-lighting-to-honor-2-year-old

Friends hold Christmas tree lighting to honor 2-year-old

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Both friends and complete strangers gathered Saturday evening to hold a Christmas tree lighting in honor of 2-year-old Lonzie Barton.

Gathered with lights and ornaments, people decorated this tree for Lonzie Barton. Pictures of the missing two year old scrolled through on a frame for people to stop and look at as they hung ornaments. The organizer said the reason for the event was simple.

"Until Lonzie is found, we have to keep the spirit alive," Lorne Williams, with Northeast Florida Search and Rescue, said.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #223 on: December 31, 2015, 06:31:23 PM »

Lonzie  an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #224 on: January 02, 2016, 08:46:19 AM »

Lonzie  an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #225 on: January 02, 2016, 09:11:25 AM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/local/deposits-lonzie-bartons-caregivers-jail-accounts/npwTS/

Posted: 9:26 p.m. Friday, Jan. 1, 2016
$500 in deposits to Lonzie Barton’s caregivers' jail accounts

By Jenna Bourne

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Missing toddler Lonzie Barton’s caregivers have collectively gotten nearly $500 since they were booked into the Duval County Pretrial Detention Center this summer.

Action News Jax got the inmate account histories for Lonzie’s mother Lonna Lauramore Barton and her boyfriend Ruben Ebron, who JSO said was the last person to see the boy alive.

Ebron has gotten $223.50 between July 24 and Dec. 8 -- all of it from his mother Wanda Ebron, except for a $115.50 deposit in July from an anonymous source.

Meanwhile, Lauramore Barton has gotten more cash, from more people, in less time.

She’s gotten $274.34 between Aug. 19 and Dec. 8.

Of that, $97 was from people Action News Jax was able to identify as family members.

Wanda Ebron gave $25.

Three other people together gave $121: Josh Laware, Robert Hoden and Anne Brenner. A family member of Lauramore Barton’s was unable to identify their relationships to Lonzie’s mother.

She’s also gotten $31.34 in the mail from an anonymous source.

“They don’t have to necessarily give a name as to who is remitting the money. Just who the money is being remitted to,” said Action News Jax Crime and Safety Expert Ken Jefferson.

He said, most of the time when there’s an anonymous depositor, the inmate knows exactly who that money is coming from.

“Could be someone that owes them money that’s found a way to try to pay them back without any pressure from them. It could just be a family member who doesn’t want to be known,” said Jefferson.

Inmates use money to buy items from the commissary, like toiletries and snacks.

A list of what Ruben Ebron has ordered in jail includes Cheetos, a pocket dictionary, a black doo-rag and a box of colored pencils.

Action News Jax reported last month that Lauramore Barton bought more than 80 packets of instant coffee within a month’s time in jail, despite being pregnant.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #226 on: January 05, 2016, 05:43:24 PM »

http://m.jacksonville.com/news/crime/2016-01-05/story/mother-lonzie-barton-take-plea-deal-wednesday-court#article=6799E2571566F8C96D673A0C394A1803DF36

Mother of Lonzie Barton to take plea deal Wednesday in court

By Larry Hannan
Tue, 05 Jan 2016, 05:08 PM

The mother of Lonzie Barton will be taking a plea deal Wednesday morning and testifying against her boyfriend in the case of the missing toddler.

Lawyers confirmed Tuesday afternoon that Lonna Lauramore Barton will take a plea Wednesday morning in court. Details of that plea were still forthcoming, She is now charged with child neglect and lying to police officer, and also faces unrelated drug charges in Baker County.

As part of the plea, Lauramore Barton is expected to testify against her boyfriend, William Ruben Ebron. Both have been charged in the case of the missing toddler, who would be 2-years-old if he’s still alive.

Police have said they believe the toddler is dead, and Ebron and possibly Lauramore Barton know what happened to him.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #227 on: January 05, 2016, 05:45:50 PM »

http://m.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/local/lonzie-bartons-mom-accept-plea-deal-testify-agains/npx56/

Source: Lonzie Barton's mom to accept plea deal, testify against Ebron

4:46 p.m. EST, Tue January 5, 2016

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. —

Action News Jax has learned that the mother of missing toddler Lonzie Barton will accept a plea deal Wednesday on one count of child neglect and lying to police.

As part of the deal, Lonna Lauramore Barton is set to plead guilty to the charges against her and is set to testify against Ruben Ebron
, Lauramore Barton's boyfriend and the prime suspect in Lonzie's disappearance. Ebron's trial is set to begin Monday with jury selection.

Lonzie disappeared July 24 from an apartment complex on Jacksonville's Southside while in Ebron's care.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #228 on: January 05, 2016, 06:12:49 PM »

Yeah,good luck with all that rubens attys 

http://www.news4jax.com/news/ebron-outlines-evidence-he-wants-barred-from-trial-watch-news4jax-at-5-pm

Ebron's attorneys outline evidence they want barred from trial

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Ruben Ebron's attorneys filed a motion requesting certain evidence and testimony be barred from his upcoming trial connected to the disappearance of Lonzie Barton.

Ebron's attorneys don't want the State to use the following at trial:

Testimony that the Ravenwood Apartments is a "high crime area" - attorneys argue this is "unduly prejudicial"

Any DNA concerning 21-month-old Lonzie Barton being found inside the home or on any items of clothing - attorneys said this evidence is not relevant to the charges of child neglect and lying to police

All statements from the mother of Ebron's children in any report or listed in any of the State's discovery exhibits - Ebron's attorneys say they're hearsay

Any allegations of violence or other offenses against the mother of Ebron's children

Any mention of the existence of an injunction against Ebron from anyone

Referring to the orange piece of plastic turned over to law enforcement by another inmate as a "key" or "handcuff key" - this is regarding Ebron's charge of escape or attempt from jail, which he received after a court hearing

Statements Ebron made to law enforcement that the State of Florida believes to be false - specifically, his account of his vehicle being stolen with Lonzie inside. Attorneys argue the State would attempt to introduce that testimony as evidence of guilt.

Ebron and Lonzie's mother, Lonna Barton, are scheduled to go on trial Monday, January 11.

Another newly released document states Ebron wants Lonna's 5-year-old daughter to testify at trial. The girl's therapist advised against that, saying it would further traumatize her.

Karma Is Coming

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #229 on: January 06, 2016, 11:09:06 PM »

Video of today's hearing, sentencing will be on Feb 1st.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0J9n1W-j5E

Published on Jan 6, 2016

Lonna Barton in court for sentencing of her missing son Lonzie Barton.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/E0J9n1W-j5E" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/E0J9n1W-j5E</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #230 on: January 06, 2016, 11:18:50 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/local/2016/01/06/lonna-barton-pleads-guilty/78348080/

Lonna Barton pleads guilty to two counts

Colette DuChanois & News Staff, First Coast News 5:45 p.m. EST January 6, 2016

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Lonna Barton, the mother of missing toddler Lonzie Barton, pleaded guilty Wednesday morning in a Duval County courtroom to two counts including child neglect and lying to police.

Barton entered the plea at 8:30 a.m. in Judge Mark Borello's courtroom. She had been scheduled for a pretrial hearing at that time.

The state said Barton will provide "truthful testimony" if called to testify against Ruben Ebron, law enforcement's chief suspect in the disappearance of Lonzie, at his upcoming trial scheduled for Monday, Jan. 11

Barton faces up to five years in prison for the child neglect charge and one year in jail for lying to police, Judge Borello said.

Kevin Carlisle, Barton's defense attorney, said she was "ready to accept responsibility."

"She's frustrated she doesn't know where her son is," Carlisle said.

Barton's guilty plea does not impact her drug charges in Baker County.

Barton is due back in court at 9 a.m. Monday, Feb. 1 for a sentencing hearing. The judge said he will take sentencing recommendations on how much time Barton should serve at a later date.

Ebron is also scheduled to appear in court at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday in front of the same judge. His parents were in attendance at Barton's hearing.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 11:22:43 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: January 06, 2016, 11:31:42 PM »

http://news.wjct.org/post/update-missing-boys-mom-pleads-guilty-will-testify-ex-boyfriends-trial

Update: Missing Boy's Mom Pleads Guilty, Will Testify In Ex-Boyfriend's Trial
By Kent Justice - News4Jax & Cyd Hoskinson & Heather Leigh-News4Jax & Vic Micolucci-News4Jax & Francesca Amiker-News4Jax • 11 hours ago

Updated, 4:35 p.m. 1/6/16: The man police named the prime suspect in the disappearance this summer of 21-month old Lonzie Barton will go to trial next week as scheduled. His motion to delay his trial was denied Wednesday.

A Duval County circuit court judge also ruled that 32-year old Ruben Ebron will be tried on four counts that relate to the missing toddler. Another three counts stemming from an alleged escape attempt will be addressed at a later trial.

Earlier Wednesday, the missing boy’s mother, Lonna Barton, pleaded guilty to child neglect and lying to police.  Barton’s attorney, Kevin Carlisle, says his client also promised to testify at Ebron’s trial.

“Part of her agreement is that she will testify truthfully, whether she’s called by the state or the defense. And she’s likely to be called by one or the other or both, so that’s part of the agreement. She’s going to get up there and tell the truth,” Carlisle said. 

WJCT’s Cyd Hoskinson asked, “Given her history, how would you know it’s the truth?”

Carlisle responded, “Well, she’s going to be placed under oath to tell the truth under penalties of perjury, so it’s up to her.”

Barton faces up to six years in prison.  She will be sentenced Feb. 17.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #232 on: January 07, 2016, 12:04:46 AM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/local/custody-hearing-held-for-lonzie-bartons-sister

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #233 on: January 07, 2016, 04:30:00 PM »

Thank you TexasMom for all the updates!
IMO lonna shouldn't be trusted.....with anything.Now they are saying she isn't even pregnant...thank God!

Karma Is Coming

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #234 on: January 08, 2016, 07:33:40 PM »

IMO lonna shouldn't be trusted.....with anything.Now they are saying she isn't even pregnant...thank God!

Whaaaaat?  Not pregnant?  She sure looked like she was at the hearing.  Wow.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #235 on: January 08, 2016, 07:46:07 PM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/local/jacksonville/lonna-barton-likely-to-testify-in-ebron-hearing

Lonna Barton testifies Ruben Ebron sold drugs in front of Lonzie
Judge will allow cellphone evidence at trial; delays other rulings until Monday

By Chris Parenteau - Multi-media journalist , Scott Johnson - Reporter
Posted: 8:27 AM, January 08, 2016
Updated: 6:08 PM, January 08, 2016

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Lonna Barton, the mother of the toddler missing since July, testified Friday that her boyfriend, Ruben Ebron sold drugs in front of her children, including the hours before he reported 21-month-old Lonzie missing.

Ebron is set to go on trial Monday on charges of child neglect, lying to police and tampering with evidence in connection Lonzie Barton, who disappeared on July 24 and has not been found.

Barton, the mother of the toddler who pleaded guilty to similar charges on Wednesday, testified that she met Ebron in February of last year and knew she could get cocaine from him. She later moved in with him and witnessed him selling drugs to others, sometimes with her children present.

Giving mostly one-word answers, speaking softly and never looking at the defendant, Barton said Ebron was actively selling drugs July 23 and gave her cocaine before she went to work that night. Within hours, Ebron called 911 and reported Lonzie was missing.

Under cross-examination by the state, Barton was asked what kinds of drugs Ebron sold and confirmed they included cocaine, Roxycodone, Vicodin, morphine and hallucinogens.

Asked about time she lived with Ebron, how many days he did not sell drugs, Barton answered, "None."

As Friday's hearing began, Judge Mark Borello ruled the prosecution can use evidence gathered from Ebron's cellphone. At the end of the day, Borello said he would rule on the admissibility of Ebron's drug history and other pending issues until 10 a.m. Monday. Jury selection is set to begin a half hour later.

News4Jax was told there would be 127 potential jurors in a pool to choose a panel of six jurors and three alternates for the trial.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #236 on: January 08, 2016, 07:48:24 PM »

Video of Lonna's testimony at the link.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/n4jlonnatestify

UNCUT: Lonna Barton testifies in Ruben Ebron's final pretrial hearing
Posted: 5:29 PM, January 08, 2016
Updated: 5:29 PM, January 08, 2016

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #237 on: January 09, 2016, 07:04:53 AM »

Yeah,she looked pregnant to me too but now she just looks like she put on a lot of weight.rubens dad even said they knew she was pregnant 3 months ago.Probably just weight gain from being off drugs and all those snacks she's been eating in jail.
 ::piggy::lol

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2016-01-06/story/mother-lonzie-barton-pleads-guilty-neglect-and-lying-police

Afterward defense attorney Kevin Carlisle said Lauramore Barton doesn’t know what happened to Lonzie. He also disputed reports that Lauramore Barton was pregnant with Ebron’s child, saying she is not expecting a baby.

Karma Is Coming

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #238 on: January 09, 2016, 09:38:15 AM »

Yeah,she looked pregnant to me too but now she just looks like she put on a lot of weight.rubens dad even said they knew she was pregnant 3 months ago.Probably just weight gain from being off drugs and all those snacks she's been eating in jail.
 ::piggy::lol

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2016-01-06/story/mother-lonzie-barton-pleads-guilty-neglect-and-lying-police

Afterward defense attorney Kevin Carlisle said Lauramore Barton doesn’t know what happened to Lonzie. He also disputed reports that Lauramore Barton was pregnant with Ebron’s child, saying she is not expecting a baby.

Thank you!  And yes, Thank God!  Someone pointed out right after the reports about the pregnancy that she'd asked for a tampon during one of the interrogations.  So I had my doubts after seeing that on the video, but then she looked like she was!  Some just look that way during their monthly too.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: January 09, 2016, 09:43:54 AM »

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2016-01-07/story/sister-lonzie-barton-will-not-testify-trial-william-ruben-ebron

Sister of Lonzie Barton will not testify in trial of William Ruben Ebron
By Larry Hannan Thu, Jan 7, 2016 @ 6:36 pm | updated Fri, Jan 8, 2016 @ 5:39 am

The 5-year-old sister of missing toddler Lonzie Barton will not testify in the criminal trial of her mother’s boyfriend.
Lawyers for William Ruben Ebron Jr. had intended to call the girl to testify. But after prosecutors objected, defense attorneys told Circuit Judge Mark Borello on Thursday they would not be calling the child.

The child was with Ebron and Lonzie the night her brother went missing. Ebron, 32, said his car was stolen with Lonzie inside, but police say that was a lie.

The girl’s guardian ad litem testified Wednesday that she would not be able to sit down and answer questions. She has previously given three or four versions of what happened that night, the guardian said.

Borello had planned to interview the girl in chambers Thursday but canceled that when defense lawyers said they wouldn’t be calling her.

Ebron is charged with child neglect, tampering with evidence and lying to police in the disappearance of Lonzie and is scheduled for trial next week. Police have said the believe the boy is dead, but no one has been charged with murder. Lonzie would now be 2 years old if he’s alive.

Borello also heard several hours of arguments Thursday on whether Ebron’s cellphone records should be admitted as evidence. Defense attorneys are arguing the phone was illegally seized and the information should be suppressed.

Prosecutors have said the cellphone GPS data shows that Ebron was likely out dealing drugs with the two children the night Lonzie went missing. They also say Ebron took pictures of Lonzie that show the child had been abused and was injured, and deleted those pictures before handing the phone over to police.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.