April 28, 2024, 08:34:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT: 21 Month Old Lonzie Barton Missing Since 7/24/15 in Jacksonville,FL  (Read 109443 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #260 on: January 14, 2016, 08:39:51 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/WJXT4AshleyHarding/photos/pcb.1303906229638020/1303905669638076/?type=3&theater

WJXT4 Ashley Harding
2 hrs ·
It is a PACKED house here at Lonzie's vigil. This little boy is SO LOVED! We will never forget you, Lonzie!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 08:41:27 PM by texasmom » Logged

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #261 on: January 14, 2016, 10:32:16 PM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/judge-parallels-in-toddler-death-cases

Judge: Parallels in toddler death cases

Casey Anthony trial judge sees similarities in Lonzie Barton case

ORLANDO, Fla. - The judge who presided over the casey anthony trial told News4Jax on Thursday that the Lonzie Barton case has uncanny similarities to the 2011 Orlando case that captivated the nation.

In that case, 2-year-old Caylee Anthony disappeared in July 2008 and her skeletal remains were found about six months later inside a trash bag in a wooded area. Her mother, Casey Anthony, was charged with and acquitted of murder in the case.

Former Judge Belvin Perry, who is now an attorney with Morgan & Morgan, said the most difficult aspect is the similar six-month time frames.

“It's going to be a very difficult road for the prosecution in this case,” Perry said. “I think the state attorney recognizes that by her comments.”

The Medical Examiner’s Office continues to work to identify the child's remains found this week and determine the cause of death. In the casey anthony trial, the medical examiner ruled Caylee’s death was by “undetermined means.”

“If you have a skeleton and you have a crushed skull, one could find that the child may have died as a result of blows to the head. But without some physical evidence, you would be totally left to speculate as to what the cause of death would be," Perry said. "When you prosecute a case where at this time, you don't exactly know what the cause of death is, you have a body that may have been badly decomposed or completely down to a skeleton, which may make it very difficult to determine the cause of death if they are ever able to."

He said that could lead to reasonable doubt from a jury in a trial.

“When a child is in the custody of multiple adults and we don't have a way to time the injuries, it's been a historic problem for us,” Corey said. “It's very difficult when there is more than one person involved and the cause of death is not immediately known.”

Ebron led police to the site where the remains were found and there were rumors a plea agreement had been reached Monday that would have had Ebron serving 20 years for aggravated manslaughter.

Perry said that as a former judge, he’s not sure he would have accepted a possible plea deal that early, because he said that Ebron had much of the power.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #262 on: January 15, 2016, 06:02:50 PM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/forensic-analyst-the-best-of-the-best-are-working-to-solve-the-case

Forensic Analyst: ‘The best of the best are working to solve the case…'
By Vic Micolucci - Reporter , Francesca Amiker - Reporter , Chris Parenteau - Multi-media journalist
Posted: 4:33 PM, January 15, 2016

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Bayard crime scene where it is believed remains of missing toddler, Lonzie Barton, were found has been cleared Friday, according to authorities.

Authorities said remains in Bayard appear to be that Lonzie Barton, and the suspect in his disappearance, Ruben Ebron, led them to the body last Sunday night.

Many are wondering how long the investigation will take, when the remains will be identified and if the cause of death will be revealed.

Five days following the discovery, the property where the remains were found are still taped off. Police have guarded the scene 24/7 and tons of detectives and Crime Scene Units have been seen coming and going.

Forensic Analyst Michael Knox said that could last for several more days, if not weeks and this case is going to take some patience.

“It could be a while,” Knox said. “These are some of the most personnel-intensive types of investigations that law-enforcement can do.”

Knox spent 15 years with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office – half as a crime scene investigator. Now he's a private forensic consultant. Knox said detectives are looking for any evidence possible; that's why they're taking so long at the scene where they found the remains.

“The search itself is extremely time-consuming because it's very tedious,” Knox said. “That is one of the few crime scenes where I need as many hands as possible because there is just so much area to cover.”

According to Knox, officials most likely are using metal detectors and sifting through the soil for more evidence.

“The last thing the sheriff's office wants to be is responsible for what makes or breaks the case,” Knox explained.

At the same time, the medical examiner is doing an autopsy on the remains trying to positively identify them and determine the cause of death. Knox said they may be using DNA and looking at the bones for clues.

“For example if somebody is strangled, you have a bone in your throat and it can be broken due to strangulation,” Knox said.

Lonzie Barton was reported missing in July and his remains weren't found until this week. That makes it harder for investigators.

Knox said given the timeframe a significant amount of decay could be expected.

“Because we have had very warm weather all the way through the month of December, so I would expect there would be a significant amount,” Knox said.

Still, Knox says the best of the best are working to solve the case and he's confident they will get justice for the toddler.

“You have considerable amount of experience here. Especially with Chief Hackney leading the investigation,” Knox said. “This is a man who has held every single rank within the homicide unit that there is to hold.”

A lot of people are hoping murder charges come from the investigation. Knox said that's very possible. But to remember detectives and prosecutors now have time to develop their case, especially since Ruben Ebron waived his right to a speedy trial.

With this much time passing, Knox said it could be hard to get an exact cause of death.

However Knox explained the experts will be looking for broken bones, they can look for tiny fractures in the skull, they can look for chemicals or drugs in the body, and even potentially injuries to the brain.​

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #263 on: January 15, 2016, 06:50:38 PM »

http://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/showstory.php?Story_id=546862

I just love this man!

How Tom Hackney of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office became the voice for Lonzie Barton

Friday, January 15, 11:25 AM EST

By Marilyn Young, Editor
JULY 24

“We believe this to be an abduction. … We believe that somebody may have this child.” — Chief of Investigations Tom Hackney, 10 hours after Lonzie Barton was reported missing July 24

Soon after 21-month-old Lonzie Barton was reported abducted, Chief of Investigations Tom Hackney started talking to not just the media, but to the community, as well.

A community that prayed for Lonzie, searched for Lonzie and now grieves for Lonzie.

“This family of this community is really Lonzie’s family and they love him,” Hackney said Monday at a news conference after remains believed to be Lonzie’s were found.

They especially supported Hackney. His straight-forward approach made them trust him. His compassion made them feel his heart.

And the veteran investigator’s emotions mirrored what they were feeling.

From hope when the 20-pound boy first went missing to frustration when suspect Ruben Ebron wasn’t cooperating with police to heartbreak on Monday when a small body was pulled from a trash heap.

Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler understands why the community bonded with Hackney.

“I think he got angry a few times at the right moments and showed some passion,” Beseler said.

The sheriff also praised Hackney for not publicly sharing details that didn’t need to be said, despite the media badgering him for information.

Frank Mackesy, who retired in 2011 as undersheriff at the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office, worked with Hackney for 15 to 20 years.

“He (Hackney) became a very good spokesman for the sheriff’s office and the community,” he said of how his former colleague has handled this case.

JULY 25

“We are not working this as a stranger abduction anymore. … I can’t say at this point in time whether Lonzie is alive or dead.” — Hackney

On the second day of the search, Hackney shared the news that Ebron was lying and not being fully cooperative with officers.

Even worse, Hackney said at a news conference, he wasn’t sure if the blond-haired, blue-eyed boy was alive or dead.

Dozens and dozens of officers were searching, but Ebron held the answers. Hackney wanted those answers. He needed them, he said.

As time ticked away, Hackney said, hope faded that Lonzie would be found alive.

MONDAY

“I mentioned several times that that little boy didn’t need to be discarded like a piece of trash.” — Hackney

Massive organized searches for Lonzie were held several days after he disappeared. Nine days later, on Aug. 2, the search was scaled back. But the investigative team kept working to find Lonzie.

The remains being found Monday in the Bayard neighborhood was the first step in justice, Hackney said at a news conference. (He could not be interviewed for this story because the case is still under investigation.)

It also would give Lonzie the chance to “spend his eternity in somewhere that’s peaceful.”

There were a lot of emotions for investigators working the case, Hackney said Monday.

No joy, he said, but a bit of relief and satisfaction.

more at link

Karma Is Coming

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: January 16, 2016, 03:29:33 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205962015186472&set=a.1025043503338.2005017.1142764415&type=3&theater

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #265 on: January 16, 2016, 03:38:08 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1192837210746420&set=pcb.1192841947412613&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204184048036395&set=pcb.10204184050316452&type=3&theater

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: January 16, 2016, 10:28:11 PM »

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2016-01-13/story/ebron-allowed-speak-parents-and-other-witnesses-lonzie-barton-case-again

Ebron allowed to speak with parents and other witnesses in Lonzie Barton case again
By Larry Hannan Wed, Jan 13, 2016 @ 6:52 pm | updated Wed, Jan 13, 2016 @ 7:25 pm

The man who led police to the human remains that are believed to be toddler Lonzie Barton is now allowed to speak to his parents and the mother of his children again.

Circuit Judge Mark Borello lifted an order this week that prevented William Ruben Ebron Jr., 32, from having any contact with William Ebron Sr. or Wanda Ebron. He also will be allowed to speak to a woman identified as J.R. in court documents who has three children with Ebron.

J.R. has accused Ebron of raping her and filed injunctions for protection against him. J.R. was on the witness list for Ebron’s trial and lived with his parents. Prosecutors said Ebron was attempting to communicate with her through his parents, which led Circuit Judge Marianne Aho to ban Ebron from communicating with them.

Borello ended almost all of the prohibitions against Ebron communicating with people involved in the case Tuesday at the request of his defense lawyers. Prosecutors did not object to this, Borello said in his order. The only person Ebron is still prohibited from communicating with is Lonna Lauramore Barton, Lonzie’s mother and Ebron’s former girlfriend.

Ebron is charged with child neglect, tampering with evidence, lying to police, attempted escape, criminal conspiracy, unlawful possession of a concealed handcuff key and introducing/smuggling contraband into a detention facility.

His trial was delayed Monday after he pointed authorities to Lonzie’s possible location in the Bayard area.

The Public Defender’s Office, which represents Ebron, has said they hope to have a resolution to his case soon. But efforts to reach a plea deal were unsuccessful.

Police have consistently said Ebron lied about having his car stolen with Lonzie inside. Monday after finding the remains, they said they believe Lonzie was already dead when Ebron reported the car stolen.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: January 16, 2016, 11:54:14 PM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/local/owner-property-where-remains-believed-be-lonzie-ba/np6J9/

Posted: 10:06 p.m. Friday, Jan. 15, 2016
Owner of property where remains believed to be Lonzie Barton found speaks about investigation

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — For the first time in five days, the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office has reopened the area in Bayard where they found the remains they believe are Lonzie Barton's, the toddler missing since July.

On Friday, Action News Jax talked to the man who owns the property investigators have been scouring, looking for more evidence.

From the Action News Jax Skyvision drone on Thursday, we saw a lot of police activity on a three-acre piece of property along Snyder Street near State Road 9B in Bayard. 

Early Monday morning, investigators found human remains they strongly believe are Lonzie’s. They said his mom's boyfriend, Ruben Ebron, dumped the toddler's body there in July.

"I don't know how he got to where the body was. He could've come in off the 9B property and just walk right in," said property owner Gary Morrison.

Morrison owns the property.  He said the remains were found less than a hundred yards from the closest home.

"That's where he was found, was at the edge of the trash pile," Morrison said.

Morrison explained how the stench of remains could have gone unnoticed.

"We had a big dead dog laying down here. That probably was the smell ‘cause you could come out here and you could smell. But you looked over there, you saw the dead dog and didn't pay any attention to it," Morrison said.

Morrison said people have been dumping trash on his property for years, but he couldn't believe that the search for Lonzie would end on his property.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #268 on: January 17, 2016, 09:11:48 AM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/local/owner-property-where-remains-believed-be-lonzie-ba/np6J9/

Posted: 10:06 p.m. Friday, Jan. 15, 2016
Owner of property where remains believed to be Lonzie Barton found speaks about investigation

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — For the first time in five days, the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office has reopened the area in Bayard where they found the remains they believe are Lonzie Barton's, the toddler missing since July.

On Friday, Action News Jax talked to the man who owns the property investigators have been scouring, looking for more evidence.

From the Action News Jax Skyvision drone on Thursday, we saw a lot of police activity on a three-acre piece of property along Snyder Street near State Road 9B in Bayard. 

Early Monday morning, investigators found human remains they strongly believe are Lonzie’s. They said his mom's boyfriend, Ruben Ebron, dumped the toddler's body there in July.

"I don't know how he got to where the body was. He could've come in off the 9B property and just walk right in," said property owner Gary Morrison.

Morrison owns the property.  He said the remains were found less than a hundred yards from the closest home.

"That's where he was found, was at the edge of the trash pile," Morrison said.

Morrison explained how the stench of remains could have gone unnoticed.

"We had a big dead dog laying down here. That probably was the smell ‘cause you could come out here and you could smell. But you looked over there, you saw the dead dog and didn't pay any attention to it," Morrison said.

Morrison said people have been dumping trash on his property for years, but he couldn't believe that the search for Lonzie would end on his property.

Thank you TexasMom
I was wondering how little Lonzie could be in that spot all these months so close to homes and no one noticed he was there.

Karma Is Coming

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: January 23, 2016, 08:51:42 AM »

Video at the link:   

http://www.news4jax.com/news/local/jacksonville/owner-shows-news4jax-property-where-remains-found

Owner shows News4Jax property where remains found
Child's remains found week ago believed to be toddler Lonzie Barton

By Vic Micolucci - Reporter
Posted: 5:20 PM, January 18, 2016
Updated: 10:54 PM, January 18, 2016

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The owner of the wooded property where police found what they believe are the remains of toddler Lonzie Barton said he hopes the discovery proves to be a step toward justice for the 21-month-old boy.

Lonzie was reported missing last July. The prime suspect in the case, Ruben Ebron, led police to the end of Snyder Street near State Road 9B in Bayard on Jan. 10. They found the remains of a child in that area early Jan. 11 and are working to confirm if they are Lonzie's.

"I hate to see something like that happened to the kid," property owner Gary Morrison said. "I just really hate it, but at least they found him, you know. You just have to look at it that way."

Crime Scene Unit and homicide investigators spent five days combing the area for more evidence. They left on Friday.

Morrison has no trespassing signs posted all across the property, but on Monday he took News4Jax back to the edge of his property, where detectives said they found the remains.

"It's quite a ways back in here," Morrison said as he led a News4Jax crew through 200 feet of thick brush and weeds.

Morrison has owned the land for years and rents it out. Two families live on the property, which borders SR 9B. The part of the woods where the remains were found is likely public land.

"You can come in from 9B and that's only 35-40 feet through the swamp to get through this area," Morrison explained.

Morrison said the area is off the beaten path, and he doesn't know how Ebron knew about it.

He said he visited the property a few times a week and he did notice a foul smell, but he thought it was because people often dump animal carcasses in the vicinity.

"It's not out of the ordinary, because there's all kinds of animal carcasses dumped out here on a regular basis," Morrison said. "I just don't pay any attention to the smell."

Morrison said the spot has now been bulldozed because detectives had to do a thorough search, but before it looked much like the surrounding woods. It was raised a little bit, as a trash mound created decades ago and covered in brush, dirt and weeds.

"Right over there where that clear area is, they pushed the dirt back from the mound, pushed it back over the area," Morrison said. "Over the years they dump the trash along the roadways, but this back here was people filling in the property, and that's how they used to do it 40 years ago."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: January 23, 2016, 09:14:15 AM »

Makes me sick!   

A father of three young children led them to the trash heap, and he purposely waited until this precious baby was just bones to do it.

No regard or respect for anyone other than himself, remember that.

I can't help but think of sweet little Caylee, and think that this monster followed her monster's example hoping to get away with it too.  Thank the Lord for the surveillance video that caught him in his lie from the beginning.  Otherwise, he probably would have taken his chances and not been concerned about making a deal.

JMO

Justice for Lonzie!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: January 23, 2016, 09:17:13 AM »

https://twitter.com/wjxt4/status/689221455683309569

http://www.news4jax.com/news/local/jacksonville/owner-shows-news4jax-property-where-remains-found

Morrison said the spot has now been bulldozed because detectives had to do a thorough search, but before it looked much like the surrounding woods. It was raised a little bit, as a trash mound created decades ago and covered in brush, dirt and weeds.

"Right over there where that clear area is, they pushed the dirt back from the mound, pushed it back over the area," Morrison said. "
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 09:19:19 AM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: January 23, 2016, 09:29:33 AM »

an angelic monkey

https://www.facebook.com/1507525932903473/photos/pb.1507525932903473.-2207520000.1453560716./1553186981670701/?type=3&theater

Lonzie Barton The Blue Eyed Child
January 20 · Edited ·

Saturday is going to be extremely cold so please bundle up and dress warm. We will provide the candles, hot chocolate, hot tea and water. There will be a cake in celebration of Lonzies life and a "Never Forgotten" canvas for everyone to sign. Each person will receive a small keepsake bag with flower seeds we ask that you plant them in memory of Lonzie. This will be a peaceful vigil honoring a child who stole the hearts of thousands! BCSO and security will be present. Family and friends are encouraged to attend. At this point the only thing we should be fighting for, is JUSTICE! Hope to see you there!

https://www.facebook.com/830415610388132/photos/a.878142088948817.1073741829.830415610388132/914990635263962/?type=3&permPage=1

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #273 on: February 10, 2016, 03:22:54 AM »

Ebron: Lonzie died in bathtub, we lied about kidnapping

The future for Lonna Barton

11:42 PM. EST February 05, 2016

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/crime/ebron-lonzie-died-in-bathtub-we-lied-about-kidnapping/33148504

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- "Lonna and I were both involved and now we have to pay the price," Ruben Ebron said at a hearing Friday where he pleaded guilty to four counts related to the death of toddler Lonzie Barton.

In court, Ebron testified that he left Lonzie unattended in the bathtub of the home he shared with the toddler's mother, Lonna Lauramore Barton.  Jacksonville Sheriff's Office chief Tom Hackney said Friday that Barton and Ebron were having sex while Lonzie was in the bathtub.

When he and the child's mother returned, the child was face down in the tub, dead.

That's when Ebron staged the elaborate false kidnapping of the child, prompting a massive weeks-long search across the city. An AMBER Alert was issued and hundreds of police officers and volunteers scoured the area.

"He said he panicked and staged a kidnapping," State Attorney Angela Corey said in a press conference after Ebron entered a guilty plea Friday morning.

Ebron admitted to dumping the child's body in the Bayard area on the Southside of Jacksonville. In early January, Ebron led police to the site.

Prosecutors say preliminary evidence confirms that the body they found is little Lonzie's.

In court Friday, Ebron apologized to Lonzie in a statement that partially reads "I failed to protect you from the harm of others, I will and have continued to ask for forgiveness."

In accepting his plea, judge Mark Borello says "Mr. Ebron only you know how much truth is in that statement."

The big question now is what happens to Lonna, First Coast News legal analyst Janet Johnson says. Lonna faces child neglect and other counts but has not yet been charged in the child's death.

Ebron was sentenced to 20 years in state prison on four counts, the most serious being aggravated manslaughter.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #274 on: March 04, 2016, 05:31:22 PM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local/lonna-lauramore-barton-to-be-sentenced-in-lonzie-barton-case/144512842

Attorney: Lonzie Barton's sister was in the car when body was dumped
by: Kristen Dressel Updated: Mar 4, 2016 - 12:59 PM

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. —
The mother of Lonzie Barton was sentenced to prison on Friday in connection with her son’s disappearance in Duval County Court.

Lonna Lauramore Barton pleaded guilty in January to charges of child neglect and giving false information to police. The judge sentenced Lauramore Barton to the maximum of five years in prison with a credit of 169 days served, plus fines.

Lauramore Barton is not a candidate for probation because of unrelated drug charges in Baker County. 

The parents of Ruben Ebron, Lauramore Barton's boyfriend, showed for the sentencing. 

"I'm never gonna dispute my son had some involvement but he wasn't alone" said William Ebron Sr. "True justice for this baby would be equal amount."

Lauramore Barton's parents were also in court for the hearing. However, no witnesses testified on either side.

Lauramore Barton's attorney said she bought fever reducer as well as eye and ear drops the day before Lonzie disappeared. The attorney also said she planned to take him to the doctor the day he went missing.

Lonzie disappeared on July 24.

State Attorney Rich Mantei said photos on Ebron's phone showed a serious abdominal would that would potentially be deadly and photos of multiple injuries to the head.

Lauramore Barton's attorney said she lied about being pregnant because she thought it would make Ebron tell where Lonzie was located. She can't have any more children because of a surgery she had after Lonzie was born, attorneys said.

Lonzie's remains were found in the Bayard area in January after Lauramore Barton’s boyfriend, Ruben Ebron, led authorities to the remains after she pleaded guilty in exchange for testimony against Ebron. Ebron told officials Lonzie was locked in a bathroom and drowned while they were intimate.   

The State Attorney said Lauramore Barton and Ebron have different versions of what happened to Lonzie, but neither can be disproved by evidence.

Attorneys said Ebron traumatized Lonzie Barton's sister when he made the girl ride in the car when Ebron dumped the toddler's body.

Mantei said an autopsy showed that Lonzie had seven healing rib fractures. The defense attorney said Lauramore Barton took Lonzie to the doctor after his sister pushed him down the stairs.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #275 on: March 04, 2016, 05:42:28 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/lonzies-mother-lonna-lauramore-barton-sentenced-to-5-years-in-prison/67831826

Lonzie's mother, Lonna Lauramore Barton, sentenced to 5 years in prison

Larry Hannan, The Florida Times-Union , WTLV 12:11 PM. EST March 04, 2016

Punishment for the mother of toddler Lonzie Barton in her criminal charges related to her son’s disappearance will be the maximum five years in prison, according to Judge Mark Borello’s ruling Friday.

Lonna Lauramore Barton, 26, made no comments and had no reaction to the sentence. She pleaded guilty in January to one count each of child neglect and lying to police. As part of her plea she agreed to testify against former boyfriend William Ruben Ebron Jr., but that became unnecessary when Ebron confessed and told police where Lonzie’s body had been hidden.

Friday there was no discussion about whether Lauramore Barton could still face more charges in Lonzie’s death. Lauramore Barton’s attorneys have said she didn’t know what happened to Lonzie, but Ebron told prosecutors the child drowned in the bathtub while the couple had sex in another room.

Ebron was watching Lonzie and the child’s 5-year-old sister that day while Lauramore Barton went to work as a dancer at Wacko’s on Emerson Street.

Prosecutors have not hinted on whether that claim might lead to more charges. But prosecuting her for manslaughter would be difficult since they would only have Ebron’s testimony.

One thing that came out at the sentencing was that Lauramore Barton had her tubes tied after Lonzie died. She was never pregnant, as some media reported. It was a ruse to trick Ebron, her attorney said.

Ebron hid Lonzie south of downtown Jacksonville near Bayard in July. The body was not found until Ebron led police to the child in January.

Due to the decomposition of the body, prosecutors have not been able to determine a cause of death.

Ebron pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter and was sentenced to 20 years in prison without the possibility of parole in February.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #276 on: April 07, 2016, 07:28:14 AM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/baker-county/lonzie-barton-laid-to-rest

Lonzie Barton laid to rest in private service
Parents brought from Baker County Jail to attend

By Vic Micolucci - Reporter
Posted: 11:41 AM, April 06, 2016
Updated: 5:51 PM, April 06, 2016

BAKER COUNTY, Fla. - Lonzie Barton's parents were brought from the Baker County Jail to attend the toddler's burial service Tuesday, Baker County Sheriff Joey Dobson told News4Jax.

His funeral was held at V. Todd Ferreira Funeral Services in Macclenny and the service was private, with 20 to 30 family members and a couple of close friends.

At the family's request, the public was not invited.

Lonzie was buried with other family members at Turner Cemetery, a private cemetery in the northern part of the county, Dobson said.

Nearly six months after he was reported missing, Lonzie's remains were found in January in a wooded area in Bayard. V. Todd Ferreira, the owner of Ferreira Funeral Services, told News4Jax that he would provide the services free of charge to the family.

"What is important to us is Lonzie and his family, and that's what we are committed to, and to giving him a special goodbye, one that he deserves," Ferreira said.

News4Jax spoke with members of the Justice Coalition, who were with Lonzie's family during the difficult process. They said it's been a terrible situation, but now there is some closure and the toddler was given a proper burial.

"It breaks your heart into pieces that someone could even have the mentality to throw away a baby," said Ann Dugger, the executive director of the Justice Coalition. "His memories will always live on in all of our hearts, because he became a community child. People talk about a poster child, but he became the heartbeat of Jacksonville and the surrounding areas."

Dugger is in charge of the Justice Coalition, a victims' advocate group that is working with Lonzie's family. She said it's been a hard time for them, being at the center of such a high-profile case.

"There will never be a closure on this baby. There is no such thing as closure. (It will help) if you get some answers and they are able to kind of go on and maybe put a little bit of the pieces of their life together," Dugger said. "He did deserve the dignity and respect that was given to him for a decent funeral and burial. And also, so did the family. His grandparents and the family, they deserved to have a private funeral so they could mourn him they wanted to mourn, they could love the way they wanted to love and they could have the privacy that they needed to do this."

The Bartons will be moved into the custody of the Florida Department of Corrections on Thursday, Dobson said.

Anyone wishing to honor Lonzie, and other victims of crime, can do so at the Justice Coalition's Tossing of the Roses at 6 p.m. Monday, April 11 at the Jacksonville Landing.

From the video at the link:

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: July 23, 2016, 12:51:20 AM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/crime/active-warrant-issued-for-ruben-ebron-stemming-from-2006-sex-assault/279146746

Active warrant issued for Ruben Ebron stemming from 2006 sex assault

Jacob Rodriguez, WTLV 4:21 PM. EST July 21, 2016

LEON COUNTY, Fla.—An active arrest warrant was issued early last week for Ruben Ebron, the man sentenced in the death of 21-month-old Lonzie Barton. The new warrants is related to a sexual assault case from 2006, the State Attorney’s Office confirmed to First Coast News Thursday.

Ebron, 33, is accused of sexual assault on a person over the age of 12 in Leon County ten years ago, the warrant out of the 2nd Judicial Circuit alleges.

The warrant, signed July 11, orders a $25,000 bond and that he has no contact with the victim. The bond is moot, as he is currently in a state prison.

He is serving a 20-year sentence for aggravated manslaughter and child neglect charges after toddler Lonzie died while in his care almost a year ago – and he stashed the body under a pile of tires in the Bayard area of Jacksonville.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #278 on: July 23, 2016, 12:52:14 AM »

Lonzie's been gone a year now.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: July 23, 2016, 01:05:02 AM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/community/new-information-from-angela-corey-on-lonzie-case/279402444

New information from Angela Corey on Lonzie case

Heather Crawford, WTLV 6:29 PM. EST July 22, 2016

JACKSONVILLE, Fla.—State Attorney Angela Corey recalls walking to the woods where Ruben Ebron led authorities on a cold January night.

Six months earlier, Ebron had reported 21-month-old, Lonzie Barton, missing.

"We've had a lot of tragic baby deaths, but none where the child was missing for as long as Lonzie was and I think is what added to the heartache," Corey said.

Corey said Ebron lead them very close to Lonzie's remains that night but it wasn't until the next morning when authorities came back to the woods that he was found.

"The plea bargain we made with Ebron was not just dependent on him taking us out here but on us recovering Lonzie's body and that any determination by a medical examiner matched what he said happened to this baby which would have matched the lower charge," Corey said.

There was a tire over Lonzie's body when they found him. He was in the spot where his 5-year-old sister had alluded to investigators early on.

Corey said Lonzie's sister was able to tell them that they came to the "scary woods."

Hundreds of officers and community members had spent countless hours searching ponds and woods looking for little Lonzie.

Corey said she remembered when word started to spread that there had been a plea deal and Ruben was going to serve 20 years in prison.

"I vividly remember one woman crying and saying how can you tell me that child was only worth 20 years," Corey said. "My choice was simple, give up 10 years off of a 30-year max sentence to get that baby's body back and that's what we had to do."

"So much time had passed and once the baby's body had degenerated to the point it's just bones; it's very difficult to determine the cause of death or to disprove what Ruben Ebron said happened which he said was an accident," Corey said.

"I don't know this case will ever be closed," Corey said. "I think it allowed closure but the criminal case will never be closed."

"All I can hope and pray and hope for is that a lot of people have comfort knowing we found little Lonzie, and if that's what the 1 year anniversary brings then it was worth what we did to get that child back," Corey said.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.