March 29, 2024, 04:28:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT: 21 Month Old Lonzie Barton Missing Since 7/24/15 in Jacksonville,FL  (Read 109080 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: July 25, 2015, 02:42:04 PM »

AMBER ALERT Issued for 21 Month Old Lonzie Barton Missing Since 7/24/15 in Jacksonville, FL (Update: Boyfriend William Ebron Arrested & Charged with Child Neglect)

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2015/07/25/amber-alert-issued-for-21-month-old-lonzie-barton-missing-since-72415-in-jacksonville-fl-update-boyfriend-william-ebron-arrested-charged-with-child-neglect/

An AMBER ALERT has been issued for 21 month old Lonzie Barton who has been missing since Friday, July 24, 2015 in Jacksonville, Florida. According to  the Jacksonville Sheriff’s office, Lonzie Barton reportedly disappeared in an alleged car jacking Friday morning.  Deputies said Lonzie was last seen at the Ravenwood Apartments at 8030 Old Kings Road South, wearing only a diaper.

The missing toddler was being watched by the mothers boyfriend while she was at work. Ut-oh, here we go again. The boyfriend, William Ebron, claims that he put the boy in the car, but when he came back to the vehicle after running back into the apartment, it was gone. The car was recovered 15 to 20 minutes later a short distance from the apartment complex and Lonzie was nowhere to be found. WHO IS BUYING THIS STORY?

Lonzie Barton is almost two years in age, has blond hair and blue eyes, and weighs about 20 pounds.  Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office at 904-630-0500.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 02:43:20 PM »

Search for missing Jacksonville toddler

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/story/29623614/search-for-missing-jacksonville-toddler

An Amber Alert has been issued for a Jacksonville toddler who police said was apparently taken during a car theft early Friday outside an apartment complex.

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said Lonzie Barton was in a car belonging to his mother's boyfriend, William Ebron, 32, when it was taken just after 2 a.m. Friday.  Authorities said Ebron went into an apartment to get something. When he returned, the car and baby were gone. That has sparked a massive manhunt for the little boy.  The vehicle was recovered several blocks away, but the little boy was not inside.

Authorities are calling this a kidnapping and asking everyone for help in finding him.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 02:46:20 PM »

Sheriff: Missing Jacksonville boy's caregiver is lying

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/sheriff-missing-jacksonville-boys-caregiver-lying/nm6dQ/

Gee, ya think? Who actually thought he was telling the truth from the moment you read about the so-called car-jacking story?

Authorities say a caregiver for a missing Jacksonville toddler has been lying to investigators about the child's disappearance.

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office told reporters Saturday that 32-year-old William Ebron had been arrested and charged with two counts of child neglect.

Chief Tom Hackney said investigators believe Ebron was lying about the disappearance of his girlfriend's son, 21-month-old Lonzie Barton.

Ebron initially told investigators that Lonzie had been in a car stolen at about 2 a.m. Friday, but Hackney said authorities no longer believe the car theft and abduction happened as Ebron described.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 04:17:07 PM »

Sheriff: Missing Jacksonville boy's caregiver is lying

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/sheriff-missing-jacksonville-boys-caregiver-lying/nm6dQ/

Gee, ya think? Who actually thought he was telling the truth from the moment you read about the so-called car-jacking story?

Authorities say a caregiver for a missing Jacksonville toddler has been lying to investigators about the child's disappearance.

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office told reporters Saturday that 32-year-old William Ebron had been arrested and charged with two counts of child neglect.

Chief Tom Hackney said investigators believe Ebron was lying about the disappearance of his girlfriend's son, 21-month-old Lonzie Barton.

Ebron initially told investigators that Lonzie had been in a car stolen at about 2 a.m. Friday, but Hackney said authorities no longer believe the car theft and abduction happened as Ebron described.

When will these mothers learn? As soon as I saw the car jacking BS my heart broke.  ::MonkeyTears::Hope they find the little guy soon.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 08:01:44 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/local/2015/07/24/j-s-o-working-possible-child-abduction-case/30607457/
8:14 p.m. EDT July 25, 2015

Lonna Barton and Lonzie's biological father are being cooperative, Hackney said.

Detectives have also spoken to Lonzie's sister, but Hackney said she has not provided any concrete evidence.

First Coast News confirmed a family relation exists between Lonzie Barton and Haleigh Cummings, who disappeared from her Putnam County home in February 2009. Haleigh's mother and Lonzie's mom are related, according to a family member.

Detectives say Ebron and Lonnie's mother, Lonna Barton, live together in a rented room in an unit at Ravenwood Aaprtments, located at 8030 South Old Kings Road.

According to JSO, Ebron said he brought Lonna Barton to work at Wacko's Gentlemen's Club around 8:30 p.m. Thursday.

Before going to pick up Barton from work early Friday morning, Ebron put Lonzie and his 5-year-old sister into his car and went to a laundromat and put a load of clothes in, he told detectives. He then drove back to the apartment to use cocaine, leaving the children in the car with the engine running.

Hackney says it is unclear at this time how long the children were in the car after Ebron went inside.

Ebron said the 5-year-old girl then ran into the apartment and told him she was scared. Ebron said he went back outside and that's when he saw the orange 1995 Honda Civic being driven away - and it was unclear at the time if Lonzie was inside.

Ebron reported the auto theft and abduction to police around 2:20 a.m. Friday.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 08:06:22 PM »

Lots of info in the above link,a few videos and on the bottom of the page is a timeline.

Wow,just noticed we can modify our posts.Good thing because this post had a huge blank space in it.I bet TamikosMom is thrilled lol

« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 08:09:15 PM by KarmaRoundUp » Logged

Karma Is Coming

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 11:25:11 AM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/local/2015/07/24/j-s-o-working-possible-child-abduction-case/30607457/

AMBER ALERT: Police say evidence has brought them to retention ponds

#FINDLONZIE JSO update Day 3 morning

News Staff, First Coast News 11:37 a.m. EDT July 26, 2015

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — At a press conference Sunday morning, JSO Chief of Investigations said that officials are not searching the retention ponds near Philips Highway and the I-95/I-295 interchange for 21-month-old Lonzie Barton on accident.

Hackney said that evidence in the Amber Alert case of Lonzie has led them to the area south of the Avenues Mall, where they will spend Sunday canvassing Southern Oaks mobile home park and searching the multiple retention ponds in the are.

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office stressed that William Ebron Jr, 32, was the key to finding Lonzie and the chief suspect in his abduction. Ebron was reportedly watching Lonzie before reporting him missing to authorities early Friday morning.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 11:51:41 AM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/search-for-lonzie-barton-enters-third-day/34361362

Police ask for prayers as search for Lonzie Barton enters third day
Police ask for prayers, saying, 'Our chances of finding Lonzie alive slip away'

Author: Elizabeth Campbell, General assignment reporter, ecampbell@wjxt.com
Steve Patrick, Managing editor of digital content, spatrick@news4jax.com
Published On: Jul 26 2015 08:29:49 AM EDT   Updated On: Jul 26 2015 09:44:19 AM EDT

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -
Over 150 officers from local, state and federal agencies are now focused on an area south of the Avenues Mall in the search for 21-month-old Lonzie Barton. Meanwhile, a suspect in the toddler's disappearance early Friday morning sits in the Duval County jail, not cooperating with police.

"As time progresses, as time goes on, our chances of finding Lonzie alive slip away. That breaks my heart," Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Chief of Detectives Tom Hackney said Sunday morning. "We want a positive resolution. Nevertheless, we want a resolution. (His mother) deserves answers and Lonzie deserves justice for what may have happened to him."

Police, K-9 and dive teams are now forced on a wooded area, bodies of water and a mobile home park on Saturday near Philips Highway and Interstate 295 whereWilliam Ruben Ebron Jr., the man who last saw Lonzie, used to live.

Police divers in search for Lonzie
"We will go where the tips and information lead us," Hackney said. "As evidence comes back, that leads us various places. We're looking in these bodies of water for a reason."

Asked what the public could do to help, Hackney noted it was a Sunday morning.

"If you're so inclined ... pray. Pray for the answers. Pray for a successful resolution," Hackney said.

Hackney said in addition to detectives, patrol officers, dive team and other resources from the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, the Jacksonville Fire and Rescue, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the Alachua County Sheriff's Office, the FBI and Florida Fish and Wildlife are assisting in the search for Lonzie.

JSO has asked Texas Equusearch, who has been involved in many of the nation's biggest missing person's cases, to join the search.

"I have a lot of areas to search. I have a lot of wooded areas to search; a lot of bodies of water to search. That's a group of people that are helping us look. By looking, we find," Hackney said.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 12:13:41 PM by texasmom » Logged

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 12:13:06 PM »

Please Lord, help them find this baby.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/timeline-police-search-for-missing-child/34335866

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 12:20:43 PM »

http://www.news4jax.com/uncut-jacksonville-sheriffs-office-chief-of-investigations-tom-hackney/34357246

UNCUT: Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Chief of Investigations Tom Hackney
Published On: Jul 25 2015 09:37:58 PM EDT   Updated On: Jul 26 2015 08:29:46 AM EDT

During Saturday evening's update on search for Lonzie Barton, the JSO names William Ebron a suspect in his abduction.

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 07:34:14 PM »

this is so sad.....today during a seach of a pond they discovered a vehicle with the body of a person that had been missing since 2003, I really hope and pray that they find this baby soon.

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 07:56:01 PM »

this is so sad.....today during a seach of a pond they discovered a vehicle with the body of a person that had been missing since 2003, I really hope and pray that they find this baby soon.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/hundreds-of-searchers-head-out-for-fifth-day-of-search-for-lonzie-barton/34392502

Search for toddler turns up car, remains in pond
Jacksonville Sheriff's Office homicide detective says car was in pond for years

Author: News4Jax.com Staff, webteam@wjxt.com
Heather Leigh, Mobile journalist, hleigh@wjxt.com
Published On: Jul 28 2015 07:34:34 AM EDT   Updated  2 h

ACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

Police divers searching a pond off Bowden Road near Interstate 95 late Tuesday morning as part of the effort to find 21-month-old Lonzie Barton found a submerged Mazda RX-7 with human remains inside.

JSO Chief of Investigations Tom Hackney said it was connected to a 2003 missing persons case.

Once the car was pulled out of the water, it took firefighters using a pry bar and sledge hammer to get the doors open. It will be up to the medical examiner to identify the remains and determine the cause of death.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2015-07-28/story/2nd-body-found-pond-during-lonzie-search-car-linked-2003-case

2nd body found in pond during Lonzie search; car linked to 2003 case
Jax NAS sailor was reported missing the same year driving a vehicle of the same style

By Dan Scanlan Tue, Jul 28, 2015 @ 1:44 pm | updated Tue, Jul 28, 2015 @ 6:09 pm

The five-day search for 21-month-old Lonzie Barton resulted in a second grisly discovery late Tuesday morning, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.

Sheriff's Office divers checking a pond in the 5400 block of Bowden Road discovered a submerged late 1980s Mazda RX-7 with the human remains of what appears to be an adult male inside, Sgt. Craig Waldrup said.

"It is in pretty bad condition, as is the body inside," he said. "It is kind of all over because we had to move it out of the water and up the hill."

Waldrup said they have recovered the license plate and are searching files to determine who might be inside. Due to the deteriorating state of the vehicle, covered in algae and mud, he said the car has been in the pond near Interstate 95 for years.

At a separate news conference updating the search for Lonzie, Chief Tom Hackney said the car is linked to a 2003 missing-persons case but didn't specify a name.

Missing-persons websites and databases list a 22-year-old sailor missing since Jan. 31, 2003, when he failed to report for duty at Jacksonville Naval Air Station.

Yaroslav Victorovich Iventyev was last seen at dinner with friends that evening at the Russian Moscow Nights Restaurant. He was driving a gold 1987 Mazda RX-7.

Police have not confirmed it's the same case.

Monday another search in some woods in a business park off Southside Boulevard, near The Avenues mall, uncovered the remains of another adult male. There appears to be no foul play in that case, and the body likely has been there a year or two, police said. They're searching missing-persons files for a possible identity.

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 06:23:02 PM »

My son works K9 and has been called in on this search now....so so sad.

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 07:59:15 AM »

Interview with Lonzie's  Father

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/2015/07/29/lonzie-barton-father-speaks-out/30835007/

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 08:34:14 AM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/local/mother-suspect-lonzie-bartons-disappearance-said-s/nm8yH/

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. —

On Day 6 in the search for 21-month-old Lonzie Barton, police expanded their efforts even further.

Action News spotted crews at Losco Park on the Southside Wednesday, and for a fourth time police returned to the Southern Oaks Mobile Home neighborhood off Philips Highway, where Ruben Ebron used to live. Ebron, the boyfriend of Lonzie's mother Lonna Lauramore, is considered a suspect in Lonzie's disappearance.

"We are doing everything in our power to put him back in his mom's arms," said Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Chief of Investigations Tom Hackney.

Hackney said crews have covered more than 2,500 acres and 40 bodies of water since Friday.

Now, he said, new evidence is leading them more than 15 miles away from where Lonzie was first reported missing.

Police are now looking for information that puts Ebron in the area east of Interstate 95 to the beach, and along the Trout River north to Nassau County, between Thursday night and Friday morning.

"It’s very, very, very good information that’s leading us there," Hackney said.

That area of Duval County is made up mostly of marsh and water, but it is also home to Ebron’s parents.

"It makes perfect sense to go to areas he’s familiar with, he grew up in," said Action News Law and Safety Expert Dale Carson.

While police have not said exactly what’s leading them there, Carson said police likely have more than a tip.

"That window of time, he could’ve driven all the way to Orlando and back. What we’re likely basing his presence here in Jacksonville on is his statements and the pinging of his cellphone."

Ebron’s parents declined to go on camera Wednesday evening, but his mother Wanda told Action News that she was preparing to visit him in jail.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 08:38:50 AM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/local/jso-19-month-old-missing-after-reported-vehicle-ta/nm52T/

Timeline: Find Lonzie Barton

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. —
The details of missing 21-month old Lonzie Barton:

A car with a 1-year-old inside was reported stolen just before 2:30 a.m. Friday.
    The car was found nearby, but the child was not in the car.
    The child, Lonzie Barton, was wearing only a diaper.
    A Florida Amber Alert was issued around 6:15 a.m. #FindLonzie
    Barton has blonde hair, blue eyes and is 2 feet 6 inches tall and weighs about 20 pounds.
    The last person to see Lonzie was 32-year-old William Ebron Jr., the boyfriend of Lonzie's mother Lonna Lauramore.
    Both Ebron and Lauramore were questioned by police. Ebron was charged late Friday night with 2 counts of child neglect.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2015, 08:16:15 AM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/local/ebron-shares-his-side-story-florida-star/nm9cL/

Posted: 10:51 p.m. Thursday, July 30, 2015

Ebron shares his side of the story with The Florida Star

So far, McLaughlin is the only media contact that Ebron has spoken with since he reported Lonzie had been abducted. She told Action News she became aware that the Ebron family was familiar with her work earlier in the week and took a chance by requesting a sit-down interview with him.

For two hours Wednesday, she and a reporter listened to Ebron behind bars in the Duval County Jail. She told Action News his demeanor was calm and pleasant, but frustrated. He tells her he has been nothing but cooperative with investigators and believes police have targeted him, instead of looking for other potential suspects.

McLaughlin will not yet reveal exactly what Ebron’s story is, but said it is very different from what police have so far revealed in their investigation.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2015, 08:20:53 AM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/local/week-after-lonzie-barton-disappears-ebron-breaks-h/nm9jk/

Posted: 6:14 a.m. Friday, July 31, 2015

Week after Lonzie Barton disappears, Ebron breaks his silence

Ebron shared his side of the story with Ciara McLaughlin, who is the publisher and editor of the Florida Star newspaper. She talked with Ebron for two hours on Wednesday.

“Any admission that he makes can be used against him. Even if it's given to a civilian,” Carson said. “The question is whether or not that civilian is credible.”

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2015, 08:28:12 AM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/local/search-lonzie-barton-continues-his-mother-talks-in/nm9TC/

Posted: 5:33 p.m. Thursday, July 30, 2015

As search for Lonzie Barton continues, his mother talks with investigators

By Lorena Inclán

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. —

It’s been a week since 21-month-old Lonzie Barton disappeared. The Crime Stoppers reward for whoever helps locate him is now at $10,500.

Lonzie's mom Lonna Lauramore spent the day at Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office headquarters talking with investigators.

Lauramore looked exhausted. Action News saw her speaking with an investigator earlier Thursday and asked not to give any more statements until she's had a chance to rest. We did speak with her great aunt, who said they are so thankful for the work JSO is doing to find Lonzie.

During his seventh day of news conferences, JSO Chief Tom Hackney expressed his gratitude for the outpouring of support from the community, especially from a little boy who took time to go to the command center to thank officers in person.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2015, 08:40:58 AM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/officers-begin-sixth-day-of-search-for-lonzie/34419144

Jacksonville police expand search and appeal to find Lonzie Barton

Published On: Jul 29 2015 11:49:03 AM EDT   Updated On: Jul 30 2015 07:36:30 AM EDT

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

New tips in the search for 21-month-old Lonzie Barton have police expanding their appeal for help in tracking the movements of the suspect's orange 1995 Honda Civic with a black hood between 7 p.m. Thursday and 2 a.m. Friday.  The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office have taken their search into the Northside with the new command post located at New Berlin Elementary.

Wednesday morning, Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Chief of Investigations Tom Hackney said the distinctive car belonging to Ruben Ebron, the boyfriend of Lonzie's mother, may have traveled up Interstate 95 or Main Street Thursday night after dropping the children's mother off at work. Ebron, who has been named a suspect in the case, was watching Lonzie and his sister that night.

Given that new information, Hackney asked anyone who lives or works east of I-95 between the Southside and Nassau County to try to remember if they saw that car (pictured below) or to review any surveillance video to see if it passed their business or home.

“The potential strongly exists that he's told somebody (where he left Lonzie)," Hackney said of Ebron. “I need to find Lonzie's body. This community needs to find Lonzie's body. This has caused heartbreak throughout this community, throughout each one of these searchers.”

Anyone who saw the car or has surveillance video they believe could help is asked to call JSO at 904-630-0500. Anyone knowing where Lonzie's body is should call Crime Stoppers at 866-845-TIPS.

“He has made efforts to control detectives and control this situation," Hackney said. “I will give him this much, he's clever. But he can do the right thing.”

Karma Is Coming

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.