April 27, 2024, 03:33:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMBER ALERT: 21 Month Old Lonzie Barton Missing Since 7/24/15 in Jacksonville,FL  (Read 109420 times)
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #180 on: October 23, 2015, 10:33:29 PM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/documents/2015/oct/23/document-ruben-ebron-intention-claim-alibi/

Document: Ruben Ebron intention to claim alibi

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #181 on: October 23, 2015, 10:55:26 PM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/documents-ebron-says-he-did-not-sell-lonzie/36016042

Ruben Ebron said he did not sell Lonzie

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

As a private search group prepares to conduct another search for Lonzie Barton, the toddler who disappeared three months ago, the man police consider a primary suspect in the boy's disappearance sits in the Duval County jail on charges of child neglect and lying to police.

Saturday will mark 3 months since Ruben Ebron reported 21-month-old Lonzie Barton missing. What happened to the toddler remains a mystery.

News4Jax obtained new evidence in the case against Ruben Ebron, including an interview he had last week with Jacksonville Sheriff's Office detectives, well after he had invoked his right to an attorney and told police he was not going to talk with them.

Attorney Ed Birk said the latest notice of discovery signals that investigators feel there's still plenty to uncover.

"So it tells us that the prosecutors and the police are continuing their investigation, and they will continue to develop evidence and discovery, until those questions get answered," Birk said.

Birk is not affiliated with the case, but told News4Jax it's clear that the prosecution isn't letting up.

According to the document, he told officers that Lonzie "had injuries to his head and that the child began to eat little or not at all." He added that, "the child had thrush and was bleeding in his mouth. The blood was being deposited in the child's bottle."

Ebron said he and the child's mother, Lonna Barton, agreed that something was wrong with Lonzie, but they didn't seek medical attention.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2015, 04:14:25 PM »

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2015-10-28/story/sister-missing-toddler-doing-well-without-her-parents-court-told

Sister of missing toddler doing well without her parents, court told

The 5-year-old sister of missing toddler Lonzie Barton is doing well and beginning to come out of her shell with the help of therapy and the efforts of her grandmother, a juvenile court judge was told Wednesday during a hearing that focused on the young child.

The hearing was originally supposed to focus on whether either of the girl’s parents could regain custody of the child. Christopher Arin Barton and Lonna Lauramore Barton both sought individual custody of the girl and told Circuit Judge David Gooding at a Sept. 16 hearing that they wouldn’t use drugs and would work to regain custody of their child.

The estranged couple was arrested hours later in Baker County on drug charges and have been in jail ever since. The daughter is now living with a grandmother.

Attorney’s representing the child, as well as lawyers for the Department of Children and “It’s always difficult to have incarcerated parents,” Gooding said, while adding that it was especially difficult when the criminal charges are in a separate county from where the custody situation is occurring.

Lauramore Barton, 25, was in court in a prison uniform wearing shackles. Christopher Barton, 41, participated by phone from the Baker County jail, but neither parent said much.

Gooding said he’d received written reports saying the child was responding well to therapy and the grandmother was helping. He also inquired about the mental-health status of the parents.

Lawyers for both said they had been examined by psychiatrists and that written reports would be available in the next week or so. Those reports will likely focus on the parents’ mental health and examine any substance-abuse issues they have.

The next hearing was set for Nov. 16.

Lauramore Barton is scheduled back in court with Ebron on Thursday. Circuit Judge Mark Borello, who is the judge in the criminal cases against Barton and Ebron in Duval County, is expected to rule on whether the two will go on trial together.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #183 on: October 28, 2015, 04:18:32 PM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/custody-hearing-held-for-lonzie-bartons-sister/36099884

Custody hearing held for Lonzie Barton's sister

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

The parents of Lonzie Barton appeared before a Duval County judge Wednesday, this time for an update on the couple’s 5-year-old daughter.

Chris and Lonna Barton’s little girl has been living with her grandmother since the day after her brother, Lonzie, disappeared.

While not the main suspect in Lonzie’s disappearance, Lonna Barton was charged with child neglect and lying to police in connection to that case and was out bond when Baker County deputies arrested her and Chris Barton on drug dealing charges.

That arrest came just hours after the two asked the court for custody of their 5-year-old child.

Wednesday’s court appearance was a status hearing where the judge confirmed both Chris and Lonna Barton completed their psychological and parenting assessments.

But the questions the judge asked attorneys were all about the couple’s daughter, how she’s doing and what the court could do to help.

Lonna Barton could be seen smiling while standing in Duval County Family Court when hearing about her 5-year-old’s Halloween costume. She’s going to be Supergirl.

That’s just one of several updates Judge David Gooding got during the status hearing.

“I visited with her yesterday for three hours, she has a lot of exciting activities going on this week. She went to the pumpkin patch at school yesterday. She is going to be with extended family this evening to carve some pumpkins. Tomorrow they have a big party at school, Friday there is no school and Saturday she is excited about going trick-or-treating,” the girl's guardian ad litem told Gooding.

While the girl’s mother listened in person, her father, Chris Barton, did so over the phone.

Both are in jail on drug charges out of Baker County and Lonna Barton faces charges in Duval County in connection with Lonzie disappearance.

Gooding is the judge who originally placed the 5-year-old in her grandmothers care, an arrangement the Guardian Ad Litem said was working out well.

“I was pleased to see the report from the therapist that the child is responding well to therapy, beginning to open up, and the therapist also said that the grandmother had been very helpful and they have a good relationship with one another. That's so important for a small child,” Gooding said.

The guardian ad litem also said the girl is doing well and she is right where she needs to be with her grandmother.

Local psychologist Dr. Lynn Wadleton, with First Coast Therapy Group, spoke out about what the hearing could mean for the little girl's mental well-being.

"Therapy going better could mean a lot of different things. Maybe the primary interest for the therapist is that the child is feeling better, sleeping better, eating better, less behaviorally upset, those are the important things that we care about as a therapist," Wadleton said. 

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #184 on: October 29, 2015, 04:20:19 PM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/ruben-ebron-lonna-barton-will-be-tried-together/36114608

Ruben Ebron, Lonna Barton will be tried together
Judge decides 2 juries will hear cases together on child neglect, lying charges

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

Duval County Circuit Judge Mark Borello ruled Thursday morning that Lonzie Barton's mother and her boyfriend, Ruben Ebron, will be tried at the same time.

Lonna Barton and Ebron are charged with child neglect and lying to police in the July 24 disappearance of 21-month-old Lonzie. Their cases will be tried together with separate juries in a trial scheduled to begin Dec. 7.

“Essentially because it's economical not to have a trial and then a week later have another trial. There could be multiple juries, but the actual testimony will only be heard one time,” said criminal attorney Janet Johnson, who's not connected to either case.

Ebron also faces charges related to an alleged escape attempt after his initial arrest. Borello ruled that case will be prosecuted separately.

After Thursday's hearing, Ebron's father said the family was not happy about the joint trial.

“I think it's going to get messy. I mean, you're joining two cases -- not all the charges are the same. Two different juries? Somewhere down the line it's going to prejudice one or both cases,” William Ebron said. “It is very tough, but we're strong. We're going to remain strong."

William Ebron acknowledged that he will have to get used to seeing Barton in court with his son.

“I have no ill feelings toward her,” William Ebron said. “We are God-fearing people. She is missing a child. I feel for her. I feel for that family. On the other hand, someone knows something.”

If Barton and Ruben Ebron are convicted of both child neglect and lying to police, they each face a maximum of six years behind bars.

The next hearing for the two will be Nov. 9.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #185 on: October 29, 2015, 10:36:52 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/local/2015/10/29/lonna-chris-barton-seek-out-psychic-for-answers/74838128/

Chris and Lonna Barton turn to psychic for answers

ACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Three months ago, Lonzie Barton's disappearance dominated the news and struck an emotional chord with the community.

Since those first days Lonzie's parents have been mostly quiet—speaking with the media only once before both were arrested on unrelated drug charges.

Before that arrest, they went to a psychic for answers.

First Coast News asked if the psychic happened to record this visit, and he said he had. He offered the video and audio, and that's what you'll be seeing here in this story.

"I'm a retired police officer," is how Chuck Bergman introduced himself.

Bergman, who lives in Middleburg, spent more than 30 years on the police force in Salem, Mass.

"I'm also a psychic medium and I can connect people with dead loved ones," he said it's a job he began in retirement.

Believe him or not, reality is, Chuck is popular in the psychic community. He's written a book about his skills, hosted radio programs and been on reality TV shows.

So, it was no surprise to him when his phone rang about two months ago.

It was Chris Barton, Lonzie Barton's father.

He said their conversation began with small talk, with Lonna offering little and Chris less.

But then the video recording stops about 24 minutes into the session, Chuck blaming a camera malfunction.

However, the audio kept rolling.

"If I don't stand strong for my baby, no one else will. I'm his mom," Lonna can be heard saying in the recording.

She does most of the talking, explaining why she'd choose to visit a psychic.

"I feel stuck, I feel like my family is not complete… until whenever. When he's brought back to us, or he's laid to rest I can't move on with my life," she said.

"You guys [the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office] are saying Ruben done it, Ruben done it, Ruben done it… but you won't show us no proof," she is heard saying.

"Yeah, she expresses frustration with JSO because of their sole focus on Ruben, which makes sense because he was the last known adult with the child," Baughman added after hearing her on tape.

"She was very non-emotional," said Bergman, adding analysis from his reading with the couple. "She seemed to be more into protecting Ruben."

Baughman even says this may not be as desperate as it looks, but instead an attempt to better their image.

"I'm not sure, since she knew it was recorded, she was trying to get out every exculpatory statement she could," he said.

And just before the session recording ends, Lonna comments about Ruben again.

"He's told me, he's told everybody, 'They need to find the baby and get him back with his mom.' He says that, 'I'm not the key that they keep saying I am. I'm a dead end.'"

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #186 on: October 31, 2015, 02:53:30 PM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/man-arrested-with-the-bartons-dies-in-jail/36178006

Man arrested with Lonna, Chris Barton dies

Macclenney, Fla. -

Shawn Clayton Hall, the man who was arrested with Lonna and Chris Barton on drug charges in Baker County, died Friday night. He had bonded out of jail earlier in the week.

Baker County Sheriff Joey Dobson said the medical examiner will perform an autopsy and determine the cause of death.

Karma Is Coming

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #187 on: October 31, 2015, 04:46:28 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/local/2015/10/31/man-arrested-with-chris-and-lonna-barton-found-dead-in-home/74945818/

Man arrested with Chris and Lonna Barton found dead in home
News Staff, First Coast News 4:51 p.m. EDT October 31, 2015

BAKER COUNTY, Fla. — A man arrested on drug charges with Chris and Lonna Barton back in mid-September was found dead in his home Saturday, according to Baker County Sheriff Joey Dobson.

Shawn Clayton Hall, 32, was out on bail when he was found dead, apparently from a drug overdose, authorities said.

Family members speaking to First Coast News say they wish people could see the good in him.

They said Hall was found Friday by his grandmother, who also raised him.

When he got out of jail this past Wednesday, the father of two - a 10-month-old and a three-year-old - told family he was excited to see his kids.

Hall is survived as well by his wife, who he'd been married to for the past five years, family said.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #188 on: November 04, 2015, 07:45:58 PM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/police-lonna-chris-barton-caught-on-video-using-drugs/36256498

Video evidence is 'smoking gun' against Bartons, expert says
State Attorney's Office releases undercover video from drug investigation

Chris Barton, Lonna Barton and Hall then get ready to leave the hotel room to buy drugs, but the informant says he wants to stay back to try to calm down from some drugs that he had taken previously. At that point, Lonna Barton makes a comment about calming down.

Well, when he died, you know how they told me to slow my heart rate down? Like how to calm yourself or whatever? Start at like 60 and just start counting backwards,” Lonna Barton says. “Close your eyes while you’re doing it. Kinda like sit back in the chair, kinda with your eyes closed. It really will slow your heart rate down; you are thinking about something else.”

The State Attorney’s Office said more recordings related to the case are being redacted and should be available sometime next week.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #189 on: November 06, 2015, 04:09:12 AM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/crime/2015/11/05/judge-borello-court-order-granting-denying-joinder-ebron-barton/75232372/

Judge's order partially combines Barton, Ebron cases

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A judge issued a court order Wednesday in part granting and in part denying a motion from the state to join its cases against William "Ruben" Ebron and Lonna Lauramore Barton, according to court documents obtained by First Coast News.

Circuit Judge Mark Borello granted the state's motion to consolidate counts of child neglect and giving false information to law enforcement against Ebron and Barton, citing the nearly identical allegations against the pair in the disappearance of Barton's toddler son, Lonzie, who went missing in July.

Borello denied the state's motion to consolidate counts two, four, five and six in Ebron's case and count two in Barton's case, saying the information detailed in charging documents did not allege the offenses were "part of a common scheme or plan," the court order said.

While the pair will be tried together on the related charges, there will be a separate jury for each at trial and the court will instruct jurors to consider each defendant and charge separately. It's not yet clear whether there will be two trials for Ebron to settle the escape charges, or whether jurors in Barton's case will leave the courtroom for unrelated charges.

Karma Is Coming

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #190 on: November 08, 2015, 07:50:13 PM »

Thanks for all the updates, Karma.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #191 on: November 13, 2015, 08:04:56 PM »

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2015-11-13/story/mother-lonzie-barton-told-police-she-believes-her-son-overdosed

Mother of Lonzie Barton told police she believes her son overdosed

In an interview with police six days after her son went missing, Lonna Lauramore Barton tells police she now believes the toddler got a hold of some drugs that her live-in boyfriend kept in their apartment and accidentally overdosed.

William Ruben Ebron Jr. then “freaked out” and came up with a story for what happened, Lauramore Barton said.

The interview was part of materials released by prosecutors Friday in compliance with public-records requests filed by The Florida Times-Union and Jacksonville television stations.

The materials included the 911 call that Ebron made reporting Lonzie Barton missing, multiple interviews police conducted with Lauramore Barton before she was arrested, at least 100 pictures of the car Ebron reported missing and surveillance photos of several different areas.

The child, who would now be 2 years old, has never been found and police believe he is dead. Ebron and Lauramore Barton are both facing charges of child neglect and lying to police. In the portions of interviews reviewed by the Times-Union, Lauramore Barton doesn’t say where she thinks Lonzie ended up.

The 911 call was noticeable for Ebron’s demeanor. In a calm, almost monotonous voice, Ebron told a 911 operator that his car had been stolen in the early morning hours of July 24.

He describes it as a bright orange Honda Civic and says he didn’t see the people who stole the car. It takes 15 to 20 seconds before Ebron mentioned that “his kid” was in the back seat.

“Your what?” says the 911 operator after Ebron mentions it in the same tone of voice he uses throughout the call. Ebron tells the operator he had two kids in the car, but one of them got out before the theft.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #192 on: November 13, 2015, 08:14:08 PM »

http://www.fox30jax.com/news/news/local/new-undercover-video-lonzies-mom-talks-about-drug-/npMKW/

New undercover video: Lonzie's mom talks about drug use, custody of her daughter

GAINESVILLE, Fla. —

Two months after Lonzie Barton disappeared, newly released video shows how his mother was behaving.

Lonna Lauramore Barton was seen jumping on a hotel bed, laughing, smoking a cigarette and doing drugs. That's what police say she was doing in the video from a confidential informant, who was given money by deputies, to buy drugs from Lauramore Barton and her husband, Chris Barton. The video shows the informant getting in the car with them as Lauramore Barton opens up about her son's case and about those criticizing her.

"You wanna sit here and put me down for making a bad decision on who I left my child with, honestly I peed clean," she can be heard saying on the video.

She goes on to say "When all this **** was going on, I wasn't even ****** up on drugs."

She also says, "People that know me, know better ... If you have to question whether I'd do something like that ... that's just, who could, what momma could," said Lauramore Barton.

Lauramore Barton even talked about her tattoo of Ebron's name.

"I need someone to cover up a tattoo for me," said Lauramore Barton.

Lauramore Barton also talks about her daughter's custody case, saying her daughter has lost both brothers and has no one.

"I see her four days, more than what you give me. I said my mom brings her to my house every morning. I give her a bath and get her dressed and my mom takes her to school. She’s lost both brothers … she has nobody.”

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #193 on: November 13, 2015, 08:20:12 PM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/videos/news/blood-evidence-in-lonzie-bartons-disappearance/vDd72y/

Blood evidence in Lonzie Barton's disappearance

on video above:For the first time we are hearing about blood evidence in the case of Lonzie Barton's disappearance

Karma Is Coming

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #194 on: November 15, 2015, 10:20:58 PM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/videos/news/blood-evidence-in-lonzie-bartons-disappearance/vDd72y/

on video above:For the first time we are hearing about blood evidence in the case of Lonzie Barton's disappearance

blood evidence?

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #195 on: November 17, 2015, 04:28:25 AM »

blood evidence?

Sister,in the video at this link they talk about the blood evidence.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/lonna-barton-tells-detectives-lonzie-may-have-accidentally-overdosed/36482258

Lonna Barton tells detectives Lonzie may have accidentally overdosed
State attorney releases evidence in the case against Ruben Ebron

Published On: Nov 16 2015 06:57:46 PM EST   Updated On: Nov 16 2015 07:02:22 PM EST

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

In an interview with detectives just after 21-month-old Lonzie Barton was reported missing in July, the toddler's mother, Lonna Barton, suggested her son may have accidentally overdosed while in the care of her boyfriend, Ruben Ebron.

Video of that interview was just one of dozens of files released Friday by the State Attorney's Office in the case against Ebron, the prime suspect in the disappearance of the boy in July.

Detective: “What do you think really happened?”
Lonna Barton: “I think he wasn’t watching him well and something happened to him and I think maybe he got a hold of something out of his dresser or out of his drawer or off the floor … something … and maybe you know, accidentally overdosed or something and he freaked out and came up with something quick to make it look like something else.”

Ebron said he and Lonna Barton agreed that something was wrong with Lonzie, but they didn't seek medical attention.

When investigators spoke with Lonna Barton after Lonzie's disappearance, they showed her pictures of the boy she calls "Babyman," including photos of blood on Lonzie's shirt and then blood on a white sheet on the floor of Ebron's apartment.

Lonna Barton broke down looking at the photos and detectives asked her about Lonzie's head injury.

"What did he do to him?" she asked the detectives.

At another point in an interview with detectives, Barton called Ebrton a coward.

"He could have f****** called me to come home and get my baby if he was getting on his f****** nerves," Barton said. "There's a lot of things he could have done to keep my baby from getting hurt, period. Could have called my mom. She would have come."

Karma Is Coming

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #196 on: November 18, 2015, 01:03:09 PM »

Thanks Karma.  I had totally missed that.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #197 on: November 24, 2015, 04:46:28 PM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/local/sources-lonzie-barton-mom-pregnant/npWCm/#sthash.xC3Gwbw0.gbpl&st_refDomain=www.facebook.com&st_refQuery=/

Posted: 4:50 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 24, 2015

Family members, law enforcement sources: Lonzie Barton’s mom is pregnant

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. —

Family members and multiple law enforcement officials tell Action News Jax that the mother of missing toddler Lonzie Barton is pregnant.

Lonna Lauramore Barton is currently in the Duval County Jail on charges of child neglect and giving false information to police. She is also facing drug charges in Baker County.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #198 on: November 24, 2015, 04:48:45 PM »

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2015-11-24/story/lonzie-bartons-mother-wants-trial-pushed-back-her-boyfriend-wants-dec-7

Lonzie Barton's mother wants trial pushed back, while her boyfriend wants Dec. 7 trial

The mother of missing toddler Lonzie Barton asked Tuesday to push back her trial date, a common legal procedure in high-profile felony cases. The mother's boyfriend, however, expects to go to trial Dec. 7.

A judge had originally ruled that William Ruben Ebron Jr. and Lonna Lauramore Barton would go to trial at the same time for charges of child neglect in the disappearance of the toddler they were caring for with another sibling.

If the judge grants Barton's motion and continues with Ebron's trial on time, then their trials will be separated, something both Ebron's and Barton's attorneys had wanted.

Prosecutors and defense attorneys had previously said the Dec. 7 trial was probably unrealistic.

Ebron's attorney, Assistant Public Defender Al Perkins, said he will do his best to prepare for the Dec. 7 date.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #199 on: November 24, 2015, 04:51:29 PM »

This lady on this facebook page has went thru a lot of trouble to post documents and videos and such on her page.
Thank you!

https://www.facebook.com/Lonzie-Barton-The-Blue-Eyed-Child-1507525932903473/timeline?ref=page_internal

Karma Is Coming

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.