March 28, 2024, 07:34:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #18 - 6/22/05  (Read 400493 times)
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #260 on: June 22, 2005, 09:33:11 PM »

Quote from: "maggie fff"
Quote from: "xcptnl"
Don't attack - but didn't everyone feel sorry for Scott Peterson when that all first happened???  

Um, no.

I did feel sorry for him in the beginning, but as soon as the mistress info came out, I sure thought he was guilty as hell.  I thought Susan Smith was guilty the first time I saw her.  She just didn't seem right to me and I felt a little bad about it, but I was very suspicious from the start.

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #261 on: June 22, 2005, 09:33:12 PM »

Quote from: "wantsanswers"
Quote from: "RB"
Flame Flame - yes, one of those crazy stories is it was the step father - he wanted the life insurance...Give me a break

Wantsanswers, I have rapidly come to the conclusion you really don't want any answers, you're a cheerleader.  Give me my cross-dressing clothes back, will ya? Smile

If this case took place here in the US, you would be all over asking those questions.  What makes the fact it's in Aruba any different?  We all appear to want  the Arubans to investigate this as we would here - well, why wouldn't those same avenues not be up for discussion?

Just please think about it. Why would he oft her there, pay a lot of money I might add, for an airline ticket for a hit man. He doesn't need the money, has many connections. Etc... I am not being a cheerleader for anyone. Believe me, if it smelled rotten, I would be the first one to throw it out to the group... The kids keep lying and that is where it lies....with them.

This I can accept.  Thanks for explaining.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #262 on: June 22, 2005, 09:33:56 PM »

I NEVER waste my valuable time discussing theories that aren't based on some facts. I fully believe in discussing the possibilies...however, time must be taken to do real live deep research before I'll put it in my sleuthin' bag of tricks or start throwing innocent names around!

They why, nancy, are you discussing it on an Internet messageboard?  What's the be gained for your way of thinking by doing that?  Wouldn't you want your view to not be tainted by what's been floating around? Possibilties and discussion is what's happening here - I haven't posted a theory yet, nor half half the posters here.

Because I was a major player in probably the very first Internet crime forum.  I know how important discussion and debate is to finding truth!  It's the basic premise in free speech...throw all kinds of BS around and sooner or later TRUTH floats to the top! However, my time is very valuable...and cheesecake-way-off-target discussions frankly bore me...especially when valuable bandwidth is at stake.  Many times peoples egos have an urgent need to "crack the case" they can't help themselves. The crazier and kookier the theory..the better.  I can't play that game.  Show me a theory that has been researched, has facts as it's structure and research to help prove the theory...I'm there!
bob_in_MD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #263 on: June 22, 2005, 09:34:03 PM »

A small victory....

Yesterday I filed a complaint with Yahoo because they allowed a Yahoo Group to exist that was extremely offensive with regard to Natalee and her family.  If you went to Yahoo/Groups and searched using the term "Natalee Holloway" you got a list of groups related to this case, but the first one listed was just horrendous both in terms of its name and its description.  I will spare you the details.

At any rate, I got this response back from them today:

We appreciate your report of possible abuse in Yahoo! Groups. We have
investigated your report and have taken appropriate action as per our
Terms of Service (TOS). For further details about the Yahoo! TOS, you
can visit:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Please know that Yahoo! is unable to disclose the action taken on
another user's account with a third party. We are not able to make
exceptions to this rule.

At any rate, the offensive group is now off the site.
bendex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #264 on: June 22, 2005, 09:34:20 PM »

Every day I am more convinced that the three suspects are innocent.

Interogation techniques are very during. They break you down and build you up .
I think they have nothing to confess. They left her at the beach . point.

If they have not confessed untill now for commiting a crime. I bow in deep respect for these guys being such diehards.

only what I want to know when where they aware for the first time that she was missing and why make up a story.

If would asume that the case would have been cracked by know with a confession.

Only the facts
xcptnl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #265 on: June 22, 2005, 09:34:23 PM »

The only point I am trying to make is that none of us 'know' anything.

And for a place where nothing is supposed to be shared about cases while they are being investigated we sure have a lot of stuff to talk about.  

I guess I am just trying to say until this is all over and the facts are known there should be no rush to judgment.  And yes, were mistakes made in the beginning, it's possible but when we become perfect then we can criticize.
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #266 on: June 22, 2005, 09:34:44 PM »

didn't everyone feel sorry for Scott Peterson when that all first happened???

No, I didn't. I can't claim to be a big fan of Nancy Grace like some here, but I did agree with her that it was very unusual that a man whose wife was expecting a child would choose to go fishing on Christmas Eve.

I thought that if the family were Jains, or Muslims or Shinto, that somehow that would have been mentioned with all the coverage, and in the US, many families who are not Christian still celebrate in one way or another. It is a day off, and the family can get together and eat.

I apologize for the off topic post, and I will strive to improve.
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #267 on: June 22, 2005, 09:36:18 PM »

Quote from: "bendex"
Every day I am more convinced that the three suspects are innocent.

Interogation techniques are very during. They break you down and build you up .
I think they have nothing to confess. They left her at the beach . point.

If they have not confessed untill now for commiting a crime. I bow in deep respect for these guys being such diehards.

only what I want to know when where they aware for the first time that she was missing and why make up a story.

If would asume that the case would have been cracked by know with a confession.

Me too.
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #268 on: June 22, 2005, 09:36:54 PM »

Quote from: "Ting"
didn't everyone feel sorry for Scott Peterson when that all first happened???

No, I didn't. I can't claim to be a big fan of Nancy Grace like some here, but I did agree with her that it was very unusual that a man whose wife was expecting a child would choose to go fishing on Christmas Eve.

I thought that if the family were Jains, or Muslims or Shinto, that somehow that would have been mentioned with all the coverage, and in the US, many families who are not Christian still celebrate in one way or another. It is a day off, and the family can get together and eat.

I apologize for the off topic post, and I will strive to improve.

Actually, I think the big picture of looking at how we intrepet the potential guilt of suspects is relevent.  Thanks for sharin' Smile
Perforator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #269 on: June 22, 2005, 09:37:02 PM »

Please tell me why it makes a difference what her behavior was before she left?
Yes before she left with Joran, you don't believe that now?

Didn't say I didn't believe it  -  I said there are conflicting stories about it from the MB'ers and that I believed it probably happened.  

The problem here is the partying in the hours and minutes before she left, or directly afterwards.  People do stupid things they would not normally do when in a vacation setting; I'm sure we all have.  If I'm in a bar, and if I actively accept alcohol and or drugs, it takes that accidental death thing to a really muddied moral interpretation for those of us watching this. It's almost a chicken and egg scenario - understand what I'm saying?

[/quote]

I think so. I don't think that interogatting the students that were with her about wether or not she was drunk is the correct aproach. She was last seen with the 3 in custody. They know what happened after they left. The students do not. If it was a case of accidental overdose or a drunk related accident the students still could not answer. Only the 3 they have in custody. See my point?
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #270 on: June 22, 2005, 09:37:30 PM »

Quote from: "xcptnl"
Don't attack - but didn't everyone feel sorry for Scott Peterson when that all first happened???  I think that is what the retired detective was trying to say. I don't think you can ever know what goes on in the worlds of others.  You always think someone has the perfect life and then you find out things that make you realize no one has a perfect life.  Until it is all over - no one can be discounted.  The only one that knows what really happened is Natalee and the people involved and until it all comes out everything is a rumour.

No I thought he did it from the get go. I felt sorry for her mother
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #271 on: June 22, 2005, 09:37:39 PM »

Quote from: "bob_in_MD"
A small victory....
At any rate, the offensive group is now off the site.

Good job!

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
Leslie Sprenger
Scared Monkey

« Reply #272 on: June 22, 2005, 09:37:57 PM »

Scott Peterson was another guy who could not keep his stories straight even before we knew about Amber Frey.  He also acted the opposite of a suffering husband and showed a strange lack of emotion considering his pregnant wife was missing 2 days before Christmas.  Reminds me of the VDS kid.
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #273 on: June 22, 2005, 09:39:18 PM »

I think so. I don't think that interogatting the students that were with her about wether or not she was drunk is the correct aproach. She was last seen with the 3 in custody. They know what happened after they left. The students do not. If it was a case of accidental overdose or a drunk related accident the students still could not answer. Only the 3 they have in custody. See my point?

If she combined medications or perhaps some x, it surely is something those friends closest to her would know.  Girls talk, Perf.  A lot.  or didn't you know? Smile
Red
Scared Monkey

« Reply #274 on: June 22, 2005, 09:39:23 PM »

Quote from: "martin connahey"
Link from Michelle Malkin's article, "Missing Pretty Girl Syndrome," at her site. Nice overview of all the sociological aspects of the case.

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/002712.htm

-MC

You are kidding, right? Have you read her entire post? She really does not think this story is news worthy.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #275 on: June 22, 2005, 09:39:51 PM »

Quote from: "DivaToo"
Quote from: "Onnimus"
Quote from: "wantsanswers"

No they are NOT perfect, they are for the most part, spoiled little rich kids!!  But it's all our fault for letting them be... We over indulge our children, but it shouldn't have to die for it.

Are MBHS kids actually rich, or just upper middle class- what defines rich here? Also it's a pretty big assumption to say these kids are spoiled...I know you mean ALL our kids are spoiled these days and I can agree with that, but these MBHS kids don't seem to be any different than other kids to me. I wouldn't call them rich or spoiled just because their unofficial class trip was to Aruba.

Back on-topic, what has Nancy Grace said tonight?

<edited to edit out some typos>

Thanks for you post Omni, I just loooove how some here seem to know everyone in MB, and how spoiled and rich they are  Rolling Eyes Whatever....

don't know about spoiled but rich they are as many of them have said themselves on the site.  look at the demographcs folks, $100,000 median income, $375,000 median house price (not san francisco but not cheap), lilly white, 60 blacks and 106 hipanics (domestics?) in the whole place of 12,000.  rich yes and sometimes rich and spoiled go together.   note also that less than half the class participated in the trip for various reasons including parental permission and financial issues.
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #276 on: June 22, 2005, 09:40:16 PM »

:::::loggin on and falling down from the loft:::::

Anyone ever find it odd, the since Natalee's mom truly believes she is alive, that she hasn't made a message on TV to her or those who might have her since she believes she is on the island?

Just something that came to me. Usually we see moms doing that along with trying to search.
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #277 on: June 22, 2005, 09:40:18 PM »

Quote from: "Leslie Sprenger"
Scott Peterson was another guy who could not keep his stories straight even before we knew about Amber Frey.  He also acted the opposite of a suffering husband and showed a strange lack of emotion considering his pregnant wife was missing 2 days before Christmas.  Reminds me of the VDS kid.

Well in defense of my ignorance regarding SP, I wasn't watching the news much.  AFTER Amber Frey is when the wench discovered Nancy Grace.

RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #278 on: June 22, 2005, 09:41:07 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"

Anyone ever find it odd, the since Natalee's mom truly believes she is alive, that she hasn't made a message on TV to her or those who might have her since she believes she is on the island?

Just something that came to me. Usually we see moms doing that along with trying to search.

Welcome to the jungle...grab a vine...and swing Smile
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #279 on: June 22, 2005, 09:41:08 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"

She's doing it in person though.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.