March 28, 2024, 11:35:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #18 - 6/22/05  (Read 400609 times)
coco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #660 on: June 22, 2005, 11:27:53 PM »

hey folks - I think MBHS was just making a joke ...

whereas lesley (and dublin earlier) were unfortunately quite serious
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #661 on: June 22, 2005, 11:28:19 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
Quote from: "Itawamba"
I think the cowboy confrontation in the middle of the night at the Sloots might have gone a bit differently if Anita had been home.

anita is obviously good people.  paulus is stiff and probably not confident of his english.  he is a petty bureaucrat in the legal system and very serious.  of course, legally, paulus was right and "jug" was wrong.  jug is in a foreign country and has no right to throw his weight around like he did for any reason.  let a foreigner try that stunt in alabama and see what happens.   another problem with what jug said:  he kept saying joran was talking and his dad and deepak (Satish? they all look alike) was saying Joran you don't have to speak.  Joran kept trying to help.  Now he may be a sociopath but it looks to me like he was being more forthcoming than his own good would indicate. and unfortunately, he probalby lied.  but the legend of joran initially stonewalling them is not true.  

"they came back to the v/d Sloot residence and Joran and Satish were leaning casually on the grey honda"

All of these people have a ton of Paid time off. They are all gonna have to work through christmas.
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #662 on: June 22, 2005, 11:28:27 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Quote from: "KerinTX"
I realize I may not be a "seasoned veteran" of these type forums (sorry Nancy, RB and Absolut...not pointing at you guys) but I am really amazed at what people will post when given online anonymity.

Call it "looking at the world through rose colored glasses" but I sure hope I never become as bitter as some of you are appearing to be.

Fo' sizzle my nizzle homegurl!

:::throwing up peace sign:::

I understand.  That's the problem with the Internet sometimes - it affords people a definite cover until someone with a chuzpah and technical know how can discover who they are.  The bad part for me is for the longest time I really did use my real name (I have nothing to hide - I yam what I yam), until identity theft became commonplace.

You are welcome to call me by my name, which is Rebecca.  I guess if I'm jaded about anything, I have seen people who profess to to be this and that, and with a little effort, you discover what they aren't at all.  Therefore, I probably approach this medium with a lot less emotion in discussing these types of cases.
Itawamba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #663 on: June 22, 2005, 11:28:33 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
Good news, Ita.

Crap, I guess this means I have to take down the nasty things that I posted about our PM.

Naw, that's probably what turned the tide, don'tcha know?  "Arubagirl said on Scared Monkeys that Mr. O is a finkface!"

LET THERE BE COWBOYS!

And there were cowboys!
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #664 on: June 22, 2005, 11:28:56 PM »

Quote from: "nikkibnurse"
Tim Miller and the TX EquuSearch crew are

IN THE AIR!!!!

Thank God!!!! Does anyone else feel that though they are the ones that will start finding answers? Just a gut feeling i get....

DEFINITELY HAVE MUCH MORE HOPE NOW I think these people mean business - he wasn't at all a marshmallow when he was interviewed.  The man who is in charge (that is).  I was impressed.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #665 on: June 22, 2005, 11:28:57 PM »

Quote from: "someone"
Quote from: "mbhs05"
Quote from: "dragonfly"
mbhs05, I believe you.  I've always thought my friends were pretty.  Nothing wrong with that.  (okay, not all of my friends...lol)

Haha...agreed! I think all of mine are...pretty is as pretty does, and I don't waste my time on people that can't be nice. And I see no problem in sharing that!

"pretty is as pretty does" interesting.  I can easily say that once you go to college the attitude you currently hold doesn't help you to make new friends that aren't from Mtn. Brook

Well if they aren't nice, then why be friends with them? There's no point in hanging around people that bring you down! Pretty people are nice and funny and healthy and just fun to be around...THAT'S what GOHGEOUS is...knowing how to have a good time at NO ONE else's expense.
And I'm sure not everyone in college is mean.

mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #666 on: June 22, 2005, 11:29:50 PM »

Quote from: "coco"

I don't think we understand jokes in here...I'll  keep that in mind.

waitingtoknow
Scared Monkey

« Reply #667 on: June 22, 2005, 11:30:42 PM »

Quote from: "columbo"
Quote from: "medleyrelay"
I dont know how I want her to act -but Laci 's mom and family by now were not that upbeat - they were teary eyed and weepy - her father certainly seemed like that earlier today - I mean I just find it odd that she is so perky - perky people always bother me - Joran's mother is crying and Beth is joking and perky? Now, that does not mean that I think they are guilty of anything it just seems odd!

Yep, this has bothered me as well, since the beginning. Not once has BH broke down or shown emotion. I'm not condemning her at all....she may be a strong woman who doesn't show her emotions, but IMO, her demeanor has been odd since the first day. Don't slam me, just seems odd....Van Der Sloot's mom is breaking down, crying and BH is laughing, upbeat.  Something is wrong with that picture, no? It could be BH has become used to the situation and is making the best of it, but I find it odd that she has never broken down.....even while describing Natalee. Just my 2 cents......
Sometimes people put on a mask to hide their hurt...some ppl don't want others to see the real pain.  It has been said that at night she breaks down when she and her husband are alone.  Alot of southern women do this....they are great actors...have the ablility to make everybody around them think their life is perfect, when it really isnt.
Itawamba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #668 on: June 22, 2005, 11:30:49 PM »

Rebecca???  That's a funny name for a boy.
Leslie Sprenger
Scared Monkey

« Reply #669 on: June 22, 2005, 11:31:05 PM »

I dont know how I want her to act -but Laci 's mom and family by now were not that upbeat - they were teary eyed and weepy - her father certainly seemed like that earlier today - I mean I just find it odd that she is so perky - perky people always bother me - Joran's mother is crying and Beth is joking and perky? Now, that does not mean that I think they are guilty of anything it just seems odd!

Yep, this has bothered me as well, since the beginning. Not once has BH broke down or shown emotion. I'm not condemning her at all....she may be a strong woman who doesn't show her emotions, but IMO, her demeanor has been odd since the first day. Don't slam me, just seems odd....Van Der Sloot's mom is breaking down, crying and BH is laughing, upbeat.  Something is wrong with that picture, no? It could be BH has become used to the situation and is making the best of it, but I find it odd that she has never broken down.....even while describing Natalee. Just my 2 cents......

That is called strength.  It is admirable not something to wonder about.
Joran is alive and his mother knows where he is.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #670 on: June 22, 2005, 11:31:09 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
I realize I may not be a "seasoned veteran" of these type forums (sorry Nancy, RB and Absolut...not pointing at you guys) but I am really amazed at what people will post when given online anonymity.

Call it "looking at the world through rose colored glasses" but I sure hope I never become as bitter as some of you are appearing to be.

Out of most people here I never went for this anonymity and I post what I think, how odd. The only other person that seemed to be on the line with you guys was Dash. We haven't heard from her directly in days now I think because the mask may have gotten to her.

You have my web address and my email address right under the news some of you even have used it. You notice in my reply thats my name.

Maybe if we took of the mask we could actually change the world.

Sounds like a plan to me....

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
amillerwvu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #671 on: June 22, 2005, 11:31:14 PM »

Quote from: "RB"

You are welcome to call me by my name, which is Rebecca. quote]

For some reason I thought you were a man....Sorry  Confused
puggywug
Scared Monkey

« Reply #672 on: June 22, 2005, 11:31:43 PM »

I'm not trying to start anything, I promise.  Smile   All I want to say is that we don't know how we would react if we were put into that situation.  She has friends and family coming down to visit her, she is keeping her daughter's story in the press, and she is saying nice things about the people of Aruba.  If she was a total whimpering mess, she wouldn't be able to go around and meet people and pass out posters and prayer cards.  Maybe she allows herself time each night, in private, to have a good cry.

A Pug in a monkey Suit!
Michael22
Scared Monkey

« Reply #673 on: June 22, 2005, 11:31:47 PM »

Tim Miller and the TX EquuSearch crew are

IN THE AIR!!!!

Godspeed
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #674 on: June 22, 2005, 11:31:53 PM »

Rebecca???  That's a funny name for a boy.

As Kerin alluded, I must be a cross dresser Smile  I never said I was a man Smile
someone
Scared Monkey

« Reply #675 on: June 22, 2005, 11:32:15 PM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"
mbhs05, I believe you.  I've always thought my friends were pretty.  Nothing wrong with that.  (okay, not all of my friends...lol)

Haha...agreed! I think all of mine are...pretty is as pretty does, and I don't waste my time on people that can't be nice. And I see no problem in sharing that!

"pretty is as pretty does" interesting.  I can easily say that once you go to college the attitude you currently hold doesn't help you to make new friends that aren't from Mtn. Brook
GuyWdog
Scared Monkey

« Reply #676 on: June 22, 2005, 11:32:50 PM »

Did you THINK Joran was "Beautiful" when you first saw him? Need to leanr that it is only Skin, the REAL Person is UNDERNEATH. I wonder just wonder what all of the Girls had to say about Joran....on the trip....

GuyWdog / aka NOT SHALLOW ,cause I have to look in the mirror at 43 yrs old....
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #677 on: June 22, 2005, 11:32:55 PM »

In the beginning, she broke down a lot.  In interviews she would be fine for a minute and then she would cry.  I think the woman is surviving on pure adrenalin now.
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #678 on: June 22, 2005, 11:33:11 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"

Out of most people here I never went for this anonymity and I post what I think, how odd. The only other person that seemed to be on the line with you guys was Dash. We haven't heard from her directly in days now I think because the mask may have gotten to her.

You have my web address and my email address right under the news some of you even have used it. You notice in my reply thats my name.

Maybe if we took of the mask we could actually change the world.

Sounds like a plan to me....

Well those of us for MB have our reasons for masks...but I do think that there's a good case against them. Maybe if we really felt like we knew each other we wouldn't play the I'll-randomly-attack-someone game.

Leslie Sprenger
Scared Monkey

« Reply #679 on: June 22, 2005, 11:33:23 PM »

Quote from: "coco"

I don't think we understand jokes in here...I'll  keep that in mind.

Do you think the Kalpoe brothers are attractive people?  Or Joran?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.