March 28, 2024, 09:46:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #18 - 6/22/05  (Read 400522 times)
pybird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #700 on: June 22, 2005, 11:37:54 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
You gotta wonder why Joran's dad was telling him not to talk at that early date?  Unless he knew there was foul play, what would possess him to ask Joran to stay quiet? And, one of the brothers was doing the same.

Well nancy...I'm over an hour behind in posts, but I can tell you I would tell my son to keep his mouth shut, too.  We've all been around these kind of crimes on the forums for quite a few years. Right?
Just curious, what would you tell your son to do, spill his guts?  Don't think so.
chelsblu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #701 on: June 22, 2005, 11:37:55 PM »

I agree with NikkiB. It's definitely out there tonight.
And btw I thinks Cali's right. Greta got screwed. Everywhere I google it says Deepak is oldest.
another monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #702 on: June 22, 2005, 11:37:57 PM »

Quote from: "columbo"
Quote from: "medleyrelay"
I dont know how I want her to act -but Laci 's mom and family by now were not that upbeat - they were teary eyed and weepy - her father certainly seemed like that earlier today - I mean I just find it odd that she is so perky - perky people always bother me - Joran's mother is crying and Beth is joking and perky? Now, that does not mean that I think they are guilty of anything it just seems odd!

Yep, this has bothered me as well, since the beginning. Not once has BH broke down or shown emotion. I'm not condemning her at all....she may be a strong woman who doesn't show her emotions, but IMO, her demeanor has been odd since the first day. Don't slam me, just seems odd....Van Der Sloot's mom is breaking down, crying and BH is laughing, upbeat.  Something is wrong with that picture, no? It could be BH has become used to the situation and is making the best of it, but I find it odd that she has never broken down.....even while describing Natalee. Just my 2 cents......

Some antidepressants are known to help you not cry and sort of blunt your emotions but I have no knowledge of her being on any medication, just guessing.  Personally I thought she looked different tonight, more fragile looking than I have seen her yet. She is one determined lady. Joran's mom may not have the benefit of any medication and probably does not have the family and friends' support in Aruba that BH has.
rcjasinski
Scared Monkey

« Reply #703 on: June 22, 2005, 11:38:13 PM »

tuberide
Scared Monkey

« Reply #704 on: June 22, 2005, 11:38:15 PM »

still 3 pages back but , anyone know definitively whether or not the HI had cameras out back?...if they were hanging out on the beach, walking possibly, and NH decided to stumble up to her room via the beach - would there be possible footage of it......

i am thinking that there probably isnt a known camera there, which is unfortunate - - i'm imagining how easy someone could grab an obviously wasted(or sober) girl and drag her into his room.  If the hotel was full of entourage and concert goers, etc...... its a possibility  - - someone could have even been following her once she was got out of the car (no matter where in the beach area she was actually let out)

think positive
Michael22
Scared Monkey

« Reply #705 on: June 22, 2005, 11:38:22 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"
Quote from: "Michael22"

Joran has a striking resembalnce to Learch from the 'Munsters'

Are you thinking of Lurch from the Addams Family or Herman Munster?

ahh yes addams family it's been awhile
KKM
Scared Monkey

« Reply #706 on: June 22, 2005, 11:38:52 PM »

“But they are reading it all check out the lurker numbers.”

You caught me and yes, I have been lurking most of the day, with my jaw on the floor I might add, for a number of reasons.

1.   I won’t post for fear of being attacked.
2.   I have no desire to get into the flaming going on tonight.  What began as such a fine group and support forum has quickly turned into a complete nightmare.
3.   FYI – the talk and “chat” on this board far surpasses ANYTHING I have heard here in town.  You have 2 scenarios – Natalee is alive or she’s not.  That really about sums it up and the only, and I mean only, thing we can do is support her family.

Another thing I find interesting is that I posted a couple of days ago offering to purchase the blue “Hope for Natalee” bracelets (the entire proceeds of which are going to help offset the family’s expenses) for anyone that wanted one.  One person asked me to do so.

I won’t leave.  I am just waiting for things to calm down.  If you saw Beth on Greta tonight, you may understand what a kind, compassionate and graceful woman she is.  I don’t know Natalee, but how could the apple NOT fall far from that tree?

I am speaking only for myself (not for anybody else in this community, her classmates or her family) in what I stated above.
LostinTime
Scared Monkey

« Reply #707 on: June 22, 2005, 11:38:53 PM »

I dont know how I want her to act -but Laci 's mom and family by now were not that upbeat - they were teary eyed and weepy - her father certainly seemed like that earlier today - I mean I just find it odd that she is so perky - perky people always bother me - Joran's mother is crying and Beth is joking and perky? Now, that does not mean that I think they are guilty of anything it just seems odd!

Yep, this has bothered me as well, since the beginning. Not once has BH broke down or shown emotion. I'm not condemning her at all....she may be a strong woman who doesn't show her emotions, but IMO, her demeanor has been odd since the first day. Don't slam me, just seems odd....Van Der Sloot's mom is breaking down, crying and BH is laughing, upbeat.  Something is wrong with that picture, no? It could be BH has become used to the situation and is making the best of it, but I find it odd that she has never broken down.....even while describing Natalee. Just my 2 cents......

She may just be running on automatic pilot,  We also need to remember she may be trying to be strong for the rest of the family, and to keep her own sanity.
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #708 on: June 22, 2005, 11:39:08 PM »

Quote from: "nikkibnurse"
okguys, this was short, but sweet tonight...i have a 2 year old screaming h er head off yelling, "my nose, my nose" I must go see what the problem is....i do not see anything,but with a toddler you never know....

besides, people in here are ornery tonight...geez....

Bye.  Good luck with the 2 year old.
DAG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #709 on: June 22, 2005, 11:39:22 PM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"

In the beginning, she broke down a lot.  In interviews she would be fine for a minute and then she would cry.  I think the woman is surviving on pure adrenalin now.

I agree, she is doing what she has to do.  We all react differently in situations.  I personally admire her courage and ability to face each day strong and confident.  She would not accomplish anything if all she could do was blubber.

Oh, MBHS05.....from pictures I have seen, your friends are all very pretty.  Being pretty is not a curse or a sin.  Just remember not to let that beauty be only skin deep.
amillerwvu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #710 on: June 22, 2005, 11:39:37 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"

If everyone was naked this wouldn't be an issue.

Hey...You never know..you might be suprised.. Wink  Laughing
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #711 on: June 22, 2005, 11:39:38 PM »

Quote from: "Scared-Tom"
Quote from: "amillerwvu"
Quote from: "RB"

You are welcome to call me by my name, which is Rebecca. quote]

For some reason I thought you were a man....Sorry  Confused

But odds are I would not be nearly as popular in this room tonight...  Rolling Eyes

Here comes the winning post, I guess from what we know now. Anyone from MB would be so it would all balence out.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #712 on: June 22, 2005, 11:39:40 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Quote from: "tuberide"
Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Quote from: "iquitos"
i thought deepak is the elder and satish the younger.  deepak works in the internet cafe and deepak in the colegio arubano.  i guess my circuits are fried from all these monkey shines in here  tell me o am wrong, or is it rite?

Wink Deepak is older.

been without power or battery for most of the last 6 hours,,,,,,im only 28 pages back now (im geting there).....Cali, i thought i just heard satish is older on FUXNews?

Yes which leads me to a saying I once heard, trust NOTHING you hear and only half of what you see... I never put much thought into it until AFTER the reporter made such a mistake and Greta did not correct him.

::running to Aruba to have drinks and strart supplying correct info:: JK lmao

i had fox on those for those 2 "official"" spokespersons while trying to read back so i'm just as f'd as you are!!!  the two guys come off pretty dumb...i tuned em out to catch up here...... then
WHOOOOOAAAAAA!!
                    MONKEY SLIPS ON  BIG BANANNA PEEL !___________________

peace to all
Terry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #713 on: June 22, 2005, 11:39:45 PM »

Quote from: "amillerwvu"
Quote from: "RB"

You are welcome to call me by my name, which is Rebecca. quote]

For some reason I thought you were a man....Sorry  Confused

Somethig tells me it would!! LMFAO!!
puggywug
Scared Monkey

« Reply #714 on: June 22, 2005, 11:39:47 PM »

Quote from: "Sleeks"
OK FOLKS DO LET'S GET OFF THE "ATTRACTIVE' SUBJECT.  She explained herself and it really is not relavent.

I second that motion...moving on...

A Pug in a monkey Suit!
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #715 on: June 22, 2005, 11:40:15 PM »

Quote from: "rcjasinski"

WOW

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
arrabba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #716 on: June 22, 2005, 11:40:19 PM »

I didn't feel she was upbeat.  I think she was being gracious.  I don't know BH and can't speak specifically about her, but some people are good at smiling whether they are happy or not, politicians come to mind.  Southern hospitality could be ingrained.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #717 on: June 22, 2005, 11:40:54 PM »

Total hearsay, but some people who have been searching with Beth say that she's not on anti-depressants. They have some medical experience, so I guess they would know, but I'm not sticking my hand in fire for anyone at this point.

Hugs to MHB05

Reading, internet, genealogy.
Leslie Sprenger
Scared Monkey

« Reply #718 on: June 22, 2005, 11:41:03 PM »

Quote from: "mbhs05"
Quote from: "WonderWoman"
Quote from: "mbhs05"

Well if they aren't nice, then why be friends with them? There's no point in hanging around people that bring you down! Pretty people are nice and funny and healthy and just fun to be around...THAT'S what GOHGEOUS is...knowing how to have a good time at NO ONE else's expense.
And I'm sure not everyone in college is mean.

Please tell me by saying "pretty" people you mean as in personality not just physically attractive people are nice and funny.

No...I'm really very shallow and only physically pretty people are acceptable to me. Oh wait...I forgot...we can't joke in here.
Pretty people, as I've already said, are people who know how to take of themselves...spiritually and mentally as WELL as physically, and know how to treat others the way they should. People who are positive and can have fun and NO ONE'S expense.

By your definition of "pretty" I assume you would judge the Kalpoes and Joran to be quite unattractive.  I think those 3 had fun at someone's expense.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #719 on: June 22, 2005, 11:41:29 PM »

Quote from: "pybird"
Quote from: "nancy_drew"
You gotta wonder why Joran's dad was telling him not to talk at that early date?  Unless he knew there was foul play, what would possess him to ask Joran to stay quiet? And, one of the brothers was doing the same.

Well nancy...I'm over an hour behind in posts, but I can tell you I would tell my son to keep his mouth shut, too.  We've all been around these kind of crimes on the forums for quite a few years. Right?
Just curious, what would you tell your son to do, spill his guts?  Don't think so.

I'm all for staying quiet...guilty or innocent.  However, as a mother putting myself in that situation my first instinct would be to help find a missing kid.  If I thought my child had info that could help...I'd sure encourage him to speak up.

This was very early in this case...long before the Dad would have known his son was a target.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.