March 28, 2024, 08:42:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #18 - 6/22/05  (Read 400508 times)
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #740 on: June 22, 2005, 11:47:24 PM »

Quote from: "Sleeks"
Quote from: "rcjasinski"

WOW

Exclamation  Question so what does lorenzo look like????? Question

peace to all
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #741 on: June 22, 2005, 11:47:33 PM »

Quote from: "DAG"
Quote from: "mbhs05"
Quote from: "dragonfly"
Quote from: "columbo"
Quote from: "medleyrelay"
I dont know how I want her to act -but Laci 's mom and family by now were not that upbeat - they were teary eyed and weepy - her father certainly seemed like that earlier today - I mean I just find it odd that she is so perky - perky people always bother me - Joran's mother is crying and Beth is joking and perky? Now, that does not mean that I think they are guilty of anything it just seems odd!

Yep, this has bothered me as well, since the beginning. Not once has BH broke down or shown emotion. I'm not condemning her at all....she may be a strong woman who doesn't show her emotions, but IMO, her demeanor has been odd since the first day. Don't slam me, just seems odd....Van Der Sloot's mom is breaking down, crying and BH is laughing, upbeat.  Something is wrong with that picture, no? It could be BH has become used to the situation and is making the best of it, but I find it odd that she has never broken down.....even while describing Natalee. Just my 2 cents......

In the beginning, she broke down a lot.  In interviews she would be fine for a minute and then she would cry.  I think the woman is surviving on pure adrenalin now.

I agree, she is doing what she has to do.  We all react differently in situations.  I personally admire her courage and ability to face each day strong and confident.  She would not accomplish anything if all she could do was blubber.

Oh, MBHS05.....from pictures I have seen, your friends are all very pretty.  Being pretty is not a curse or a sin.  Just remember not to let that beauty be only skin deep.

I've NEVER thought it was, of course!

I did not mean to offend........it was a compliment  (with a little advise tacked on to the end from someone who also has pretty friends who are also very nice)

Haha that's fine! But I seem to be being hounded by people who can't take a joke...eesh. So now I'm suspicious.  Shocked

arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #742 on: June 22, 2005, 11:47:45 PM »

Well said, MHB! Laughing

Reading, internet, genealogy.
Geraldosgirlfriend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #743 on: June 22, 2005, 11:47:54 PM »

Joran is pretty good looking.  He's better looking than Daddy warbucks Papa sloot.

"In such an ugly world, the only protest...is beauty"
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #744 on: June 22, 2005, 11:48:11 PM »

Quote from: "wantsanswers"
Quote from: "puggywug"
I dont know how I want her to act -but Laci 's mom and family by now were not that upbeat - they were teary eyed and weepy - her father certainly seemed like that earlier today - I mean I just find it odd that she is so perky - perky people always bother me - Joran's mother is crying and Beth is joking and perky? Now, that does not mean that I think they are guilty of anything it just seems odd!

Yep, this has bothered me as well, since the beginning. Not once has BH broke down or shown emotion. I'm not condemning her at all....she may be a strong woman who doesn't show her emotions, but IMO, her demeanor has been odd since the first day. Don't slam me, just seems odd....Van Der Sloot's mom is breaking down, crying and BH is laughing, upbeat.  Something is wrong with that picture, no? It could be BH has become used to the situation and is making the best of it, but I find it odd that she has never broken down.....even while describing Natalee. Just my 2 cents......

I'm not trying to start anything, I promise.  :)   All I want to say is that we don't know how we would react if we were put into that situation.  She has friends and family coming down to visit her, she is keeping her daughter's story in the press, and she is saying nice things about the people of Aruba.  If she was a total whimpering mess, she wouldn't be able to go around and meet people and pass out posters and prayer cards.  Maybe she allows herself time each night, in private, to have a good cry.

Since the very beginning her husband said she falls apart at night and has too take pills to sleep, I think has to take pills to survive. My uncle acted the same way when his wife that he adored died. Theygave him pills just so he could function day to day,

Yes, my guess is she is strong and needs to find ways to stay strong and get her message out.  She is supported by friends and family.  But her loss has to take it's toll in private. Joran's family are perceived as the "bad guys' by the world right now.  I do feel great compassion for Anita, whether Joran is guilty or innocent.  Her life and family changed in one day.  And, it appears she's trying to be fair...and really doesn't know what the truth is. Very sad for both mothers.
Leslie Sprenger
Scared Monkey

« Reply #745 on: June 22, 2005, 11:48:13 PM »

Quote from: "wantsanswers"
Quote from: "Leslie Sprenger"
Quote from: "bob_in_MD"
Quote from: "absolut"
Quote from: "Ting"
Do you think that Natalee would have looked twice at either of the Kalpoe brothers? They only way there could have been any physical interaction would have been if drugs were involved and against her will.

Leslie, why do you say that?

Because they are ugly.

Wow that may drop the board to a new low.

The truth is what it is.

Speaking of ugly, racism's pretty ugly too.  But that has nothing to do with it, right?

Exactly right.

Not racism, their surinese friend Max is cut, they are not!! Everyone get your mind outof the racism cloud.

I think Joran is ugly too and he is really really white!  But Natalee seemed to like him. Why does this bother people so much?
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #746 on: June 22, 2005, 11:48:20 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
Well said, MHB! Laughing

Thanks! How have you been by the way? I don't remember seeing you around much lately!

scared-tom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #747 on: June 22, 2005, 11:48:24 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Quote from: "RB"
So Absolut is your husband/significant other/child/parent...whoa...maybe we shouldn't hide; now I am really confused ConfusedHusband.  And a damned fine one at that, even if he just a young buck Wink

::falls out of loft::: Ouch I hurt myself...

Woah! I thought that the other nite but wasn't sure!!!

Awwwwww

I get the feeling Cali is very happy she kept some potential PM's to herself right now... lol... love ya!!!  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #748 on: June 22, 2005, 11:48:52 PM »

So Absolut is your husband/significant other/child/parent...whoa...maybe we shouldn't hide; now I am really confused ConfusedHusband.  And a damned fine one at that, even if he just a young buck Wink

well, damn..absolut and RB are hitched???

"God dont like ugly"
amillerwvu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #749 on: June 22, 2005, 11:49:08 PM »

That's so awesome you guys can do this type of thing together.  My husband thinks I am nuts!!  I wait until he goes to bed orto work before I get on (the discussion board)Sad
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #750 on: June 22, 2005, 11:49:30 PM »

I'm fine, I'm slowly learning to step away from the computer. I went to see Mr & Mrs. Smith today and stayed for a bit at my friend's house.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
DAG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #751 on: June 22, 2005, 11:49:33 PM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"

In the beginning, she broke down a lot.  In interviews she would be fine for a minute and then she would cry.  I think the woman is surviving on pure adrenalin now.

I agree, she is doing what she has to do.  We all react differently in situations.  I personally admire her courage and ability to face each day strong and confident.  She would not accomplish anything if all she could do was blubber.

Oh, MBHS05.....from pictures I have seen, your friends are all very pretty.  Being pretty is not a curse or a sin.  Just remember not to let that beauty be only skin deep.

I've NEVER thought it was, of course!

I did not mean to offend........it was a compliment  (with a little advise tacked on to the end from someone who also has pretty friends who are also very nice)

Haha that's fine! But I seem to be being hounded by people who can't take a joke...eesh. So now I'm suspicious.  Shocked

I was pretty sure you were joking with the smilie you attached.

And by the way, I am glad you are having a good day!!!
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #752 on: June 22, 2005, 11:50:12 PM »

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY The Texas Equosearch team was originally supposed to leave Tuesday night and now is not scheduled to arrive until Friday MORNING??????????????? Question  Question  Question  Question  Question  Question

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #753 on: June 22, 2005, 11:51:01 PM »

Quote from: "Scared-Tom"
Quote from: "CaliGirl"

::falls out of loft::: Ouch I hurt myself...

Woah! I thought that the other nite but wasn't sure!!!

Awwwwww

I get the feeling Cali is very happy she kept some potential PM's to herself right now... lol... love ya!!!  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Now thats funny. GitRDone. "And I am guessing"
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #754 on: June 22, 2005, 11:51:04 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Quote from: "pybird"
You gotta wonder why Joran's dad was telling him not to talk at that early date?  Unless he knew there was foul play, what would possess him to ask Joran to stay quiet? And, one of the brothers was doing the same.

Well nancy...I'm over an hour behind in posts, but I can tell you I would tell my son to keep his mouth shut, too.  We've all been around these kind of crimes on the forums for quite a few years. Right?
Just curious, what would you tell your son to do, spill his guts?  Don't think so.

I'm all for staying quiet...guilty or innocent.  However, as a mother putting myself in that situation my first instinct would be to help find a missing kid.  If I thought my child had info that could help...I'd sure encourage him to speak up. This was very early in this case...long before the Dad would have known his son was a target.

so nancy how do you rationalize the presence of the police during this activity and in a lead role at first accornding to "jug"?  so the police are talking to your son and he should talk his head off?  personally, i would have to go with the advice of the local legal expert on the scene not knowing the local law myself.
DAG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #755 on: June 22, 2005, 11:51:23 PM »

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY The Texas Equosearch team was originally supposed to leave Tuesday night and now is not scheduled to arrive until Friday MORNING??????????????? Question  Question  Question  Question  Question  Question

I heard it had to do with getting permission or clearance for the dogs to fly.
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #756 on: June 22, 2005, 11:51:40 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
I'm fine, I'm slowly learning to step away from the computer. I went to see Mr & Mrs. Smith today and stayed for a bit at my friend's house.

Well glad you've gotten to get out!
I've been keeping myself busy...less computer...is better...

Itawamba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #757 on: June 22, 2005, 11:51:56 PM »

DEFINITELY HAVE MUCH MORE HOPE NOW I think these people mean business - he wasn't at all a marshmallow when he was interviewed.  The man who is in charge (that is).  I was impressed.

Tim has "been there" with the disappearance of his own daughter, Laura.  She was one of several young women who went missing for months and even years and then were found buried in an area known NOW as the Killing Fields.

It's a rural area, but also residential--just homes spaced way apart.  It is kind of rundown housing.  Once I went with a girlfriend of mine to visit her elderly aunts for one of their birthdays.  As we got to the end of their road, to turn onto the smaller road in front of their houses, my friend pointed to the empty, overgrown lot on the corner and told me that was the Killing Field.

Accck, I immediately got the heebie-jeebies in the middle of the afternoon and they NEVER went away during the rest of the visit and party.  I asked both aunts and all their relatives why in the world they lived ACROSS THE STREET from that.  They said it didn't matter to them, the land and houses were cheap.

(Well, I *guess so*!)

Anyway, I went back there several times to visit and just couldn't shake the creeps--but then, I'm a sensitive soul to things like that.

I believe it was 17 months between Laura Miller going missing and her body being found, could be wrong.  She was a lucky one--by then, they were really paying attention to the missing girls and that area.

Our other outstanding SAR group here was also founded by the parents of a missing and murdered young girl named Laura--Smithers.  That is the Laura Recovery Group, which is older and larger, but doesn't use horses--in fact, they often work hand-in-hand with Tim's group.

*That* Laura was a classmate of one of my nieces and that struck closer to home, since it was in their neighborhood and they all searched for Laura.  The LRCF helped Laci Peterson's mom with their early searches, by organizing the volunteers--but they couldn't give more support than that (the volunteers were Modestans, not Texans imported to the scene) because they limit themselves to cases involving children.  (They made a small exception for Laci because of Connor being expected.)

More about all that later.  I've worked with both in my real work, with fund-raising, grantmaking and corporate giving.
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #758 on: June 22, 2005, 11:52:18 PM »

Quote from: "pybird"
You gotta wonder why Joran's dad was telling him not to talk at that early date?  Unless he knew there was foul play, what would possess him to ask Joran to stay quiet? And, one of the brothers was doing the same.

Well nancy...I'm over an hour behind in posts, but I can tell you I would tell my son to keep his mouth shut, too.  We've all been around these kind of crimes on the forums for quite a few years. Right?
Just curious, what would you tell your son to do, spill his guts?  Don't think so.

I'm all for staying quiet...guilty or innocent.  However, as a mother putting myself in that situation my first instinct would be to help find a missing kid.  If I thought my child had info that could help...I'd sure encourage him to speak up.

This was very early in this case...long before the Dad would have known his son was a target.

I would ask PVDS if he agrees with what his wife said.

(Paraphrasing) That, if their son did something wrong, he should brought to justice.

(Does anyone have the exact quote from AVDS?)
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #759 on: June 22, 2005, 11:52:26 PM »

I heard it had to do with getting permission or clearance for the dogs to fly.

THANK U Cool

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.