March 28, 2024, 04:28:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #18 - 6/22/05  (Read 400467 times)
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1220 on: June 23, 2005, 06:15:22 AM »

Quote from: "Julia Romero"
This may be totally irrelevant, but JVS has hair plugs. (Hair transplanted on the top of his head).  The rows are obvious in all of his photos.

PVS is bald. I've never seen a 17 year old with hair plugs. Premature balding, yes -- but hair plugs -- no.

This speaks of a mountainous ego and of a person that is terribly vain.

Being a narcissist is a hallmark of a sociopath.

Food for thought. Hmm.

Interesting comment. Joran indeed fits the profile of a narcissist. Let me give it to you in brief, and see if the shoe fits. A narcissist is usually the life of the party. He/she makes friends easily, and is skillful at manipulating other people to get what he/she desires. He/she is vain and looks out for Numero Uno at all times. He/she sees other people as inanimate objects, to be manipulated. He/she normally comes from a family of nacissists. A telltale sign of a narcissistic family is a mother who collects a dossier on possible mates for her son, and finds that none of them are good enough. Of course, the extreme form of narcissism is the sociopath. A person who knows right from wrong, but really doesn't care.

Psycologists used to call them psychopaths, but they now call them sociopaths, because there is no psychosis involved. These people are entirely "normal," except that they have no remorse whatsoever for the pain inflicted upon others.
roxyluv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1221 on: June 23, 2005, 06:18:54 AM »

Quote from: "Professor"
Quote from: "Julia Romero"
This may be totally irrelevant, but JVS has hair plugs. (Hair transplanted on the top of his head).  The rows are obvious in all of his photos.

PVS is bald. I've never seen a 17 year old with hair plugs. Premature balding, yes -- but hair plugs -- no.

This speaks of a mountainous ego and of a person that is terribly vain.

Being a narcissist is a hallmark of a sociopath.

Food for thought. Hmm.

Interesting comment. Joran indeed fits the profile of a narcissist. Let me give it to you in brief, and see if the shoe fits. A narcissist is usually the life of the party. He/she makes friends easily, and is skillful at manipulating other people to get what he/she desires. He/she is vain and looks out for Numero Uno at all times. He/she sees other people as inanimate objects, to be manipulated. He/she normally comes from a family of nacissists. A telltale sign of a narcissistic family is a mother who collects a dossier on possible mates for her son, and finds that none of them are good enough. Of course, the extreme form of narcissism is the sociopath. A person who knows right from wrong, but really doesn't care.

Psycologists used to call them psychopaths, but they now call them sociopaths, because there is no psychosis involved. These people are entirely "normal," except that they have no remorse whatsoever for the pain inflicted upon others.

Yeah Ok!! Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

If we can send one man to the moon, why can't we send them all?
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1222 on: June 23, 2005, 06:21:00 AM »

Update on the narcissist: I forgot to mention that most narcissists are outstanding students, and excel in many areas, such as athletics and business. They are upwardly mobile, as a group, and usuall never end up in therapy. It is usually the SPOUSE who ends up in therapy.
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1223 on: June 23, 2005, 06:28:49 AM »

I am not a trained psychologist. I went into therapy, after experiencing sever problems in my marriage. On the third session, the therapist opened the drawer to his desk and took out a sheet of paper. It was entitled, "Profile of a Narcissist." It was written on a single page, and described my wife and her family to a TEE. And then came the bad news. Narcissists seldom change. The only way they can change is by a process called metanoia. Christians refer to it as the "born again" experience.
roxyluv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1224 on: June 23, 2005, 06:39:15 AM »

I am not a trained psychologist. I went into therapy, after experiencing sever problems in my marriage. On the third session, the therapist opened the drawer to his desk and took out a sheet of paper. It was entitled, "Profile of a Narcissist." It was written on a single page, and described my wife and her family to a TEE. And then came the bad news. Narcissists seldom change. The only way they can change is by a process called metanoia. Christians refer to it as the "born again" experience.

BTW, you shouldn't really post something that personal but are you telling me your therapist gave you info on a "narcississt" to make a diagnosis of your wife’s condition.

Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1225 on: June 23, 2005, 06:43:09 AM »

Quote from: "roxyluv"

BTW, you shouldn't really post something that personal but are you telling me your therapist gave you info on a "narcississt" to make a diagnosis of your wife’s condition.

I was the one who was going crazy. Not her. And that's the way it normally works. The spouse of a narcissist is usually the one to seek therapy.
sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1226 on: June 23, 2005, 06:45:20 AM »

Quote from: "da wench"
Quote from: "wantsanswers"
Hey, I like Nancy Grace - go ahead and flame me
she honors our heros!!

I LOVE Nancy Grace...is that a bad thing here?  lol

On another note...it was the day from hell (last day at my office) and i missed EVERYTHING going on today.  Is there any news?

NG a Tiny litttle thing only 5'1 . She has to be Tough!!
.Hope We get good news soon. If the  locals went to the LE with  info they   would be in the klink.Friendly  witnesses there are not treated well. IMHO
roxyluv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1227 on: June 23, 2005, 06:49:28 AM »

I was the one who was going crazy. Not her. And that's the way it normally works. The spouse of a narcissist is usually the one to seek therapy.[/quote]

I'm sure my ex could say that about me too Laughing
Anyways we are way off topic and don't want to get yelled at for our relevance to the case.

mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1228 on: June 23, 2005, 06:58:40 AM »

hair plugs? oh brother

The state of the condition insults my intuition
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1229 on: June 23, 2005, 07:01:41 AM »

Morning all...well, nothing new overnight if we're discussing rows of hair, I take it...LOL

There's only 60+ pages this morning.  Other mornings, there's been 72+, and I think one time, there were 90!
roxyluv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1230 on: June 23, 2005, 07:03:10 AM »

Quote from: "mojo"
hair plugs? oh brother

Yep, that surely makes somebody a  psycho . Laughing

tkubi7
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1231 on: June 23, 2005, 07:45:25 AM »

Can someone add an area in the index with iformation on purchasing the bracelets? I would try but I'm not that computer literate and the whole board may poof. Thankx

"Leave no stone unturned"
amillerwvu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1232 on: June 23, 2005, 07:50:24 AM »

Quote from: "tkubi7"
Can someone add an area in the index with iformation on purchasing the bracelets? I would try but I'm not that computer literate and the whole board may poof. Thankx

There already is one there...it's just on the second page.  Click here, and it should take you there.
http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/Discussion/viewtopic.php?t=137
rogers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1233 on: June 23, 2005, 07:51:27 AM »

Quote from: "tkubi7"

I could do that, except I'm not sure that this is the best method for ordering the bracelets.
http://wzzk.com/event_guide/nataleehollowaybracelets.html
dandylion
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1234 on: June 23, 2005, 08:01:54 AM »

Good morning - I've been following this room for over a week now, but I haven't had much input.  Great informations guys!
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1235 on: June 23, 2005, 08:04:05 AM »

Hey all, thought Id pop in and say good morning. Trying to catch up after having to leave the board yesterday (for the real world). I did watch the fox news greta show and hannity though.
I see someone is talking about NPD (narcisstic personality disorder). I thought I would post a couple of links on the disorder if you dont mind. My ex who kidnapped my son was diagnosed with this disorder while we were married. It only effects less then 10% of the known population however I was also told many go undiagnosed. Most of those diagnosed are men, and the onset is generally during teen yrs or early adulthood. It is usually pretty hard to spot someone with the disorder as they tend to blend into society quite well. The fact they do not "feel" emotions the same way we do, and are pretty smart, and able to cover that emotional problem up makes it hard to tell who has it. I could really go on and on about the disorder since I have made myself aware of the ins and outs of dealing with someone with the disorder.
http://samvak.tripod.com/npdglance.html

http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/dsm-iv.html

Ok well I hope I can keep up today but doubt I will. I have real life stuff again today

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
dandylion
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1236 on: June 23, 2005, 08:05:20 AM »

I don't know what to make of Greta's interview with Mother Van der Sloot - I have to admit for a minute there I was compelled to feel sorry for Joran.  Is she believable?  Sorry if this has already been bashed to death last night.
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1237 on: June 23, 2005, 08:13:10 AM »

Quote from: "dandylion"
I don't know what to make of Greta's interview with Mother Van der Sloot - I have to admit for a minute there I was compelled to feel sorry for Joran.  Is she believable?  Sorry if this has already been bashed to death last night.

It may have been talked about all night, but I wasnt on all night so I will answer  Smile
I think she was a typical mother who loves her child and desperately wants to believe in her son.

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
bgcntry72
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1238 on: June 23, 2005, 08:17:35 AM »

Love wading throught ebonics chit-chat to find info.
Isn't there an empty chit-chat forum somewhere?
Every morning "My cizzoffe is cizzold" bullchit.
Thanks for killing a good forum.
Feel free to holler 'troll'...cackling hens.

I tell the voices in your head what to say.
TexasSugarfoot
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1239 on: June 23, 2005, 08:18:53 AM »

I was prepared to hate JVDS and the brothers. When they were taken into custody, I, like many others, was of the opinion that they were the last seen with NH so they must have something to do with her disappearance. I looked at all the pictures and web pages about them. My thoughts were that they were a bunch of little smart ass punks with their gang signs and partying. I still think they're little smart ass punks that wanted to look cool..perhaps had their own little "gang" thing going on, but I also think they're kids caught in a situation that is way beyond their understanding.

I'm no longer positive they're guilty of more than being stupid kids. They've lied, yes..many times. I haven't seen many kids in that age group that won't lie especially when they're trying to cover their asses. I don't mean covering their asses in the abduction/rape/whatever of NH. I mean sneaking out of the house without parents knowledge.

I can picture JVDS leaving her on the beach. He goes there with her, has a quick "hook up". She passes out and now he's in a spot. He has school in the morning..from what I understand, final exams. If he goes for help, he's busted for sneaking out. If he stays there with her, he's facing the possibility of missing school and again busted for sneaking out. I don't imagine it ever entered his mind that she could be in distress or in danger if he left her there. He probably thought she'd wake up with a hangover and be pissed but was leaving the next morning so it wouldn't really matter. Being a stupid kid and making a bad choice, he left her there..went home, got up and went to school.

I don't know what happened to NH and yes I've followed it closely. I know all the theories and speculations but  in my heart, I can't believe those boys are guilty of more than making stupid decisions that kids of that age make. They're young, they're not hardened criminals that can plan and execute a perfect crime. They're under much pressure and stress, I feel they would've cracked and confessed by now. I think they keep lying now because they've realized that this is going to destroy their lives and its gone so far that nobody is going to believe they really did have nothing to do with her disappearance.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.