March 28, 2024, 09:21:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #18 - 6/22/05  (Read 400515 times)
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1520 on: June 23, 2005, 11:04:15 AM »

ya know, i was thinking..you can get a chip to be implanted to track your pets, why cant someone get something like that for their kids??It doesnt have to be implanted ,per se, but something that has to be worn, etc..I mean, come on..we need to invent SOMETHING that can help us locate kids when they just cannot be found...just my thoughts....

"God dont like ugly"
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1521 on: June 23, 2005, 11:04:42 AM »

Quote from: "DT"
Quote from: "iquitos"
Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Rumors of Sex And Kidnapping Surface In Natalee Holloway Disappearance
Breaking News by Dan Riehl

An online newspaper, AM Digital, hosted at Aruba.com has reported that the three men involved in the Natalee Holloway disappearance claimed to have had sexual relations with the 18 year old Alabama high school senior at the beach prior to returning her to her hotel at approximate 2 AM. A pdf file of the publication is available on this page. Look for the AM Digital link at left.

Also, Aruba and Travel Advisory message boards are abuzz over the disappearance, and one poster purportedly from Alabama posted the curious post below.
Alert: Just wanted to warn everyone: My best friend and her husband chaperoned a senior trip of 160 kids down to Aruba, and she returned last night. Her husband had to stay b/c they think that one of the girls was kidnapped, and is possibly in Venezuela now. Her parents flew down, and the State Dept., DEA and several other groups are involved now. She left with a guy from Carlos and Charlie's, and the cops found out that he is a local drug dealer. Just wanted to let everyone know to please stay safe. If anyone in Aruba has any info., please let me know. I should know more later today. Just please say a prayer.
The above would fit with details in a report here claiming there were "disturbing" circumstances surrounding the disappearance which resulted in a request for ten additional agents of the FBI, now in Aruba. However, it should be noted that the bullentin board message can not be verified as genuine, or credible.

http://www.legendgames.net/showstory.asp?page=blognews/stories/WN0
000183.txt

This is not an AP dispatch, the news is credited to the Aruban online news.

no surprize you are no longer working as a journalist,  you twist facts.  maybe an opening on fox for you.  look at the aruba digital story, as several of us did last night.  it is an ap disatch with a norton byline.  why do you insist on misleading people.  i am a responsible person and i am stating carefully researched and considered information.  you do not have a monopoly on interpretive powers and you are not intellectually honest as is amply evidenced by your posts so far today.  you see one
 side.  look on the other side once in a while.

Why are you so firm on believing one source who early on in the investigation said this. This has since been clarified and explained ad nauseum.  Again why has none of this been brought up since?  Not a single MSM or even local paper to my knowledge is reporting that all three had sex with her.

i thought his is about the authenticity of an initial report.  there are ample references early on to the sex thing.  in fact, it is likely and probably has to do with the subsequent events.  it is central whether greta brings it up or not.  BTW the MSN has not acquitted itself nobly in this story.   few serious outlets have doen anything noteworthy to ferret out what realy happend in anything other than soundbites.   Non -consensual sex may explain why the boys are so ansty and evasive although they apparently told the cops about some sex early on .  if she died in the process ar aftermath, even worse.
AnnieMW1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1522 on: June 23, 2005, 11:04:49 AM »

An online newspaper, AM Digital, hosted at Aruba.com has reported that the three men involved in the Natalee Holloway disappearance claimed to have had sexual relations with the 18 year old Alabama high school senior at the beach prior to returning her to her hotel at approximate 2 AM. A pdf file of the publication is available on this page. Look for the AM Digital link at left.

Also, Aruba and Travel Advisory message boards are abuzz over the disappearance, and one poster purportedly from Alabama posted the curious post below.
Alert: Just wanted to warn everyone: My best friend and her husband chaperoned a senior trip of 160 kids down to Aruba, and she returned last night. Her husband had to stay b/c they think that one of the girls was kidnapped, and is possibly in Venezuela now. Her parents flew down, and the State Dept., DEA and several other groups are involved now. She left with a guy from Carlos and Charlie's, and the cops found out that he is a local drug dealer. Just wanted to let everyone know to please stay safe. If anyone in Aruba has any info., please let me know. I should know more later today. Just please say a prayer.
The above would fit with details in a report here claiming there were "disturbing" circumstances surrounding the disappearance which resulted in a request for ten additional agents of the FBI, now in Aruba. However, it should be noted that the bullentin board message can not be verified as genuine, or credible.

http://www.legendgames.net/showstory.asp?page=blognews/stories/WN0000183.txt

The Alert posted above was the first post put up at TripAdvisor by the wife of one of the chaperones who stayed behind to help look for Nat.  This is OLD NEWS.  

After waiting up until 2a several days/weeks ago for "the rest of the story" from Mr. Riehl...I tend to take anything he says now with a huge grain of salt.
a Troll
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1523 on: June 23, 2005, 11:06:22 AM »

Quote from: "mbhs05"
Quote from: "nikkibnurse"
Morning, MBHS..hope all is well with you today, and hope you dont let of the inconsiderate a-holes who cant take a joke, ruin your mood.....see, when you cant see body language and facial expressions behind a screen, people take you all serious....I totally understood what you meant last night, and I say DONT LET PEOPLE ON HERE STIFLE YOUR PERSONALITY.....Youre a doll!!

Anywho, JVDS's mom made mention of 2 really serious girlfriends that he had had in the past...said they were the only major 2....wonder if anyone has looked them up to question them about Joran's attitude and demeanor in relationships, what they know about him and the family, etc...I'd be curious to know...

Oh, Morning to the rest of the monkeys!!

Good morning-I dislike rude people.
Anyway I heard that too, but what I'm thinking is that if he was abusive, we'd probably know by now. Because if those girls got hit, they'd most likely hate him, and they'd talk.

Joran's mother didn't mention the 13 year old girl that Joran was dating until her mother found out and made her stop.  Perhaps an intentional oversight, or perhaps that story was not true.
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1524 on: June 23, 2005, 11:06:59 AM »

Quote from: "CatDr"

I think the reasons for the heavy media coverage are that it is intriguing, suspenseful, and close to the hearts of all parents.  Not to mention that it is occuring in what is know as a beautiful, tropical paradise.  If Natalee's pictures are shown more b/c she is beautiful, so be it, anything to help find her.  

Not to be cynical, but there's only one reason for Fox's ongoing, round-the-clock coverage of NH's disappearance:

Tuesday Ratings: P2+ & 25-54 Demo
It was a huge night for Fox News, but not for anyone else. Here are the numbers (with more to come later tonight):

Total viewers:

Total day: FNC: 1,032,000 / CNN: 417,000 / MSNBC: 174,000 / HLN: 194,000 / CNBC: 123,000

Primetime: FNC: 2,460,000 / CNN: 707,000 / MSNBC: 196,000 / HLN: 351,000 / CNBC: 77,000

25-54 demographic:

Total day: FNC: 303,000 / CNN: 122,000 / MSNBC: 61,000 / HLN: 80,000 / CNBC: 30,000

Primetime: FNC: 581,000 / CNN: 191,000 / MSNBC: 52,000 / HLN: 125,000 / CNBC: 31,000

The hourlies:

5pm: Gibson: 1,166,000 / Blitzer: 470,000 / Connected: 128,000 / Kudlow: 151,000

6pm: Hume: 1,391,000 / Dobbs: 408,000 / Abrams: 241,000 / Mad Money: 218,000

7pm: 1,489,000 / Cooper: 535,000 / Hardball: 228,000 / Showbiz: 156,000 / Conan: 117,000

8pm: O'Reilly: 2,779,000 / Zahn: 490,000 / Countdown: 157,000 / Grace: 523,000 / Contender: 133,000

9pm: H&C: 2,313,000 / King: 1,013,000 / Situation: 172,000 / Prime News: 252,000 / Mad Money repeat: 40,000

10pm: Greta: 2,288,000 / NewsNight: 619,000 / Scarborough: 260,000 / Grace repeat: 277,000 / Deutsch: 59,000

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/default.asp
bgcntry72
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1525 on: June 23, 2005, 11:07:12 AM »

Quote from: "AnnieMW1"

http://www.legendgames.net/showstory.asp?page=blognews/stories/WN0000183.txt

The Alert posted above was the first post put up at TripAdvisor by the wife of one of the chaperones who stayed behind to help look for Nat.  This is OLD NEWS.  

After waiting up until 2a several days/weeks ago for "the rest of the story" from Mr. Riehl...I tend to take anything he says now with a huge grain of salt.

x 2.5
There is, however, less 'filth' to wade through to get to relevant posts.
MHO only.

I tell the voices in your head what to say.
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1526 on: June 23, 2005, 11:07:34 AM »

Quote from: "medleyrelay"
Perhaps if she did in fact have sex with all 3 she would have been hysterical and so upset she might have not wanted to have gone back to her room and roamed and maybe fell into even worse situation??

Maybe that's when those dreadlocked black (Jamaican or Grenadan) roadies from the Soul Festival got their filthy black hands on her. After all, it isn't so bad to be drugged and gang-raped by nice middle-class Aruban boys. She shouldn't have complained.
Chaumes
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1527 on: June 23, 2005, 11:08:18 AM »

Does anyone know if Valentijn or Sebastian (Joran's brothers) has been questioned?  Not for cupability, of course, but for what they know of Joran's/Paulus' comings and goings the night in question.

Do we know if Van der Sloot neighbors have been questioned about observations/activities at Van der Sloot home that evening?

DT:  Thank you for response.
nisxan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1528 on: June 23, 2005, 11:08:41 AM »

FYI, the microchips used in animals are not GPS beacons or anything. They simply have a unique code embedded into them which can only be read by a special scanner.

Putting a microchip or similar device would only be helpful if you ran across several children who looked EXACTLY like your child and you couldn't tell which one was yours.

So the chips would only be useful AFTER you have found your child.
bgcntry72
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1529 on: June 23, 2005, 11:09:47 AM »

Quote from: "nisxan"
FYI, the microchips used in animals are not GPS beacons or anything. They simply have a unique code embedded into them which can only be read by a special scanner.

Putting a microchip or similar device would only be helpful if you ran across several children who looked EXACTLY like your child and you couldn't tell which one was yours.

OnStar for teens?
TeenStar?

nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1530 on: June 23, 2005, 11:10:21 AM »

OK, well then, why cant somebody find something that actually can be used to track your child? I mean, as technologically advanced as we are, it shouldnt be that hard to do..there should be something that can be found /invented that can be used as a tracking device...

"God dont like ugly"
bgcntry72
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1531 on: June 23, 2005, 11:11:02 AM »

OK, well then, why cant somebody find something that actually can be used to track your child? I mean, as technologically advanced as we are, it shouldnt be that hard to do..there should be something that can be found /invented that can be used as a tracking device...

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!
Why not just invite Big Brother into your house?

mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1532 on: June 23, 2005, 11:11:22 AM »

I'm sure they could...cell phones have tracking chips.

Compananzi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1533 on: June 23, 2005, 11:11:26 AM »

I am still unsure what happened that night let me recap:

1. JVDS, and Kalpoes dropped of Natalee after sightseeing at the Lighthouse.
2. The Kalpoes dropped of JVDS and Nat at the vicinity of Marriot.
dandylion
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1534 on: June 23, 2005, 11:11:54 AM »

Hello BlueKYGirl - It's a great read!  Just read it last year, I am a Kentuckian myself.  I was blown away by how vast the corruption was and how deep in the sh*t these people from Lexington were.  It went as far as the Iran/ Contra Affair!  Copies of the book are hard to find.

My thoughts exactly though - this situation is taking on the same flavor.
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1535 on: June 23, 2005, 11:12:21 AM »

Quote from: "Compananzi"

I am still unsure what happened that night let me recap:

1. JVDS, and Kalpoes dropped of Natalee after sightseeing at the Lighthouse.
2. The Kalpoes dropped of JVDS and Nat at the vicinity of Marriot.

But we already knew that...

la_cavalière
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1536 on: June 23, 2005, 11:12:22 AM »

Quote from: "a Troll"

Joran's mother didn't mention the 13 year old girl that Joran was dating until her mother found out and made her stop.  Perhaps an intentional oversight, or perhaps that story was not true.

The story is true. I have confirmation from the blog of the girl's best friend, who is Valentijn's girlfriend. She talked about it in her blog back in March.

Maybe Joran's mom never knew about it....
jane
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1537 on: June 23, 2005, 11:12:41 AM »

Maybe this was gone over when I wasn't looking, but has there been anything more said about the scuffle that allegedly happened between Mountain Brook boys and Joran?

Also, I wonder why it was so important for Joran to go to C&C even though it was going to close right away?
Terry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1538 on: June 23, 2005, 11:12:44 AM »

I totally agree with you. Thinking that may be available one day, must get past the privacy act though, I am sure.
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1539 on: June 23, 2005, 11:13:08 AM »

Quote from: "mbhs05"

I'm sure they could...cell phones have tracking chips.

Some may think its stupid, inviting big brother in, etc..but as a parent,i know i would do anything in my absolut power, purchase anything i had to, use any device, etc., to not feel like Beth Holloway does this very minute....

"God dont like ugly"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.