March 28, 2024, 08:10:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #18 - 6/22/05  (Read 400506 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1560 on: June 23, 2005, 11:20:13 AM »

Quote from: "bgcntry72"
Quote from: "jane"
Tracking chips for kids.
This discussion is really getting somewhere now!
I am suddenly reminded of the scene in 'Total Recall' where Ahnold had to remove the tracking chip from his brain, through his nose.
Hindsight is 20/20, and this discussion is going nowhere.

'Maybe if everyone wore parachutes, all the time, we could drasticly reduce plane crash deaths.'

Specious reasoning, to say the least.

Nice. This technology has been around for awhile and is being implemented. It's a great idea:

maybe they should make leashes for 18 year olds.....
A Mexican company has launched a service to implant microchips in children as an anti-kidnapping device.

Solusat, the Mexican distributor of the VeriChip -- a rice-size microchip that is injected beneath the skin and transmits a 125-kilohertz radio frequency signal -- is marketing the device as an emergency ID under its new VeriKid program.

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,60771,00.html

I guess I will do it the old fashioned way and instill some fawking common sense in my kid.
Lazy Americans, looking to lazier Mexicans, to help save us from ourselves.
Beautiful.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1561 on: June 23, 2005, 11:20:29 AM »

Quote from: "nikkibnurse"
ya know, i was thinking..you can get a chip to be implanted to track your pets, why cant someone get something like that for their kids??It doesnt have to be implanted ,per se, but something that has to be worn, etc..I mean, come on..we need to invent SOMETHING that can help us locate kids when they just cannot be found...just my thoughts....

I thought you might be interested in seeing this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5439055/

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=42355
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1562 on: June 23, 2005, 11:21:38 AM »

Quote from: "Rob"
EVER BEEN IN THE AOL METALLICA CHAT ROOM?

Why in (Insert Deity here)'s name would I go there?
Good Lawd!!!

i meant AIM.. i see the same mannerisms Shocked

u have had 2 much coffee???? Wink

peace to all
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1563 on: June 23, 2005, 11:21:48 AM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Quote from: "Professor"
Nancy Drew wrote: While we're not sure that describes Joran's family, it's very possible.

My response: I will go one step further and say challenge you to find ONE instance in which EITHER Joran OR his family deviates from this profile.

I really don't know enough about the parents or Joran to give an opinion. AND, I am not a trained mental health professional able to pass out diagnoses.

As I said, it's very interesting, and seems very possible.  However, given we really don't have a full profile, except media reports, I would never say this is for sure.

Nancy_Drew  -- I sent you a PM, but I can't tell if they go through -- there's no confirmation that I can see.
Compananzi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1564 on: June 23, 2005, 11:22:13 AM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
Quote from: "no x it"
Quote from: "mbhs05"
some people are just really mean behind a computer screen.

And the wheel of a car.  Do the same you do to them:  leave them in the dust and forget them.  Btw we all apprecate your input and sorry you and others are swept up in this..

HEREZ a thought::

what if JVDS  did pick up Joran at 11 at McD"S...the two bro's picked him up to sneak over to C&CS there are gonna be hot chicks there...Natallee and Joran hook up...He says he
will take her back to hotel...NH may have at first
thought it was a cab but too late...Joran assures they are his friends...on the way the bro's mention stopping by a hot underground party...there are drugs involved...then something bad happens =
why they said they all had sex with her and Thought sh'ed show up at a crackhouse?

This is confusing, I thought the word 'had fun' was first mentioned.  Or 'vrijen' in dutch.  When and where specifically did the physical sex   come in?   I used to have a Honda accord, number 1. the backseat is fricken small, 2 as an owner of your car no one will be permitted to mess up my car.    Is it possible that fun is just kissing and neckin?
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1565 on: June 23, 2005, 11:23:13 AM »

Tracking chips for kids.
I am suddenly reminded of the scene in 'Total Recall' where Ahnold had to remove the tracking chip from his brain, through his nose.

'Maybe if everyone wore parachutes, all the time, we could drasticly reduce plane crash deaths.'

Nice. This technology has been around for awhile and is being implemented. It's a great idea:

maybe they should make leashes for 18 year olds.....
A Mexican company has launched a service to implant microchips in children as an anti-kidnapping device.

Solusat, the Mexican distributor of the VeriChip -- a rice-size microchip that is injected beneath the skin and transmits a 125-kilohertz radio frequency signal -- is marketing the device as an emergency ID under its new VeriKid program.

I guess I will do it the old fashioned way and instill some fawking common sense in my kid.
Beautiful.

ROB r u just trying 2 up your posts now??

peace to all
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1566 on: June 23, 2005, 11:23:23 AM »

Quote from: "Compananzi"

And the wheel of a car.  Do the same you do to them:  leave them in the dust and forget them.  Btw we all apprecate your input and sorry you and others are swept up in this..

what if JVDS  did pick up Joran at 11 at McD"S...the two bro's picked him up to sneak over to C&CS there are gonna be hot chicks there...Natallee and Joran hook up...He says he
thought it was a cab but too late...Joran assures they are his friends...on the way the bro's mention stopping by a hot underground party...there are drugs involved...then something bad happens =
why they said they all had sex with her and Thought sh'ed show up at a crackhouse?

This is confusing, I thought the word 'had fun' was first mentioned.  Or 'vrijen' in dutch.  When and where specifically did the physical sex   come in?   I used to have a Honda accord, number 1. the backseat is fricken small, 2 as an owner of your car no one will be permitted to mess up my car.    Is it possible that fun is just kissing and neckin?

I can't imagine that they did more than that with his FRIENDS in the front seat. She wouldn't have sex with him willingly, but I'm sure it was making out, and that's all. I just can't see him being like...hey...I think I'll rape her...in front of my friends....doesn't make sense.

bgcntry72
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1567 on: June 23, 2005, 11:23:33 AM »

I am sure it would take a kidnapper YEARS to figure out were these devices are implanted and how.
So now you've got a kidnapped kid with a hole gouged in their neck or back, and their tracking rice in a trash can somewhere.
FANTASTIC!!!

I tell the voices in your head what to say.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1568 on: June 23, 2005, 11:23:41 AM »

joran looks a bit big to be thrownin it all around in the back of that little car....

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
gaijin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1569 on: June 23, 2005, 11:24:08 AM »

EVER BEEN IN THE AOL METALLICA CHAT ROOM?

Why in (Insert Deity here)'s name would I go there?
Good Lawd!!!

...I forgot who said it...but I guess they were right. There IS a bunch of useless meandering chatter on this board.
jane
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1570 on: June 23, 2005, 11:24:18 AM »

Tracking chips for kids.

Beautiful.

You're on a roll. Common sense cannot save children from abductions. Many children and adults fall for plausible ruses, as well. Accept it or not, abductions, assaults, and murders happen all the time. It would save millions of dollars in search and investigation resources and save lives.
LostinTime
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1571 on: June 23, 2005, 11:24:24 AM »

ya know, i was thinking..you can get a chip to be implanted to track your pets, why cant someone get something like that for their kids??It doesnt have to be implanted ,per se, but something that has to be worn, etc..I mean, come on..we need to invent SOMETHING that can help us locate kids when they just cannot be found...just my thoughts....

That's something to Ponder
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1572 on: June 23, 2005, 11:24:58 AM »

friend:  you hve it to a point.  we just can't figure out what happend after she left but it certainly can be narrowed down to some risky behaviour on the part of some or all that ended bad.  alchohol was definitely a factor.  there are witnesses to that.  what other factors?  there have been reports of sex and speculation about drugs, extasy, date rape,etc.  lorenzo's questioining brings in underground parties.  if natalee ingested crack she could have easily gone off the deep end and if kept doped up will not easily let it go.  deepak mentioned a crack house and so did "jug" twitty early on.  we have testimony of a recent visitor that crack is a problem on aruba.  I suspect it is actually pasta basica de coca (unrefined coca paste from nearby Colombia) which is similar to crack.  we just don't have enough to forulate a crdible hypothsis.  But if crack is involved, she could still be alive.
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1573 on: June 23, 2005, 11:25:47 AM »

Also, I wonder why it was so important for Joran to go to C&C even though it was going to close right away?

Because the horny kid thought he was going to get laid.
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1574 on: June 23, 2005, 11:26:06 AM »

Quote from: "Compananzi"

They didn't say they all three had sex with her thats the thing.  The lawyer for one of the security guards said specifically that it was kissing and fondling, the email whether you believe it or not says the same thing, not one report that I know of past the first week of the case makes the claim. Not a single reliable source for it.  I'm not saying that it couldn't have happened it could have.  But I'm growing weary of people stating that it is a fact.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1575 on: June 23, 2005, 11:26:32 AM »

joran looks a bit big to be thrownin it all around in the back of that little car....

SO if they stopped at an underground party w/ lots of sex/x/drugs...
NH might have misinterpreted what they meant by party?? mabe it was at Lorenzoes house?? then something bad....

peace to all
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1576 on: June 23, 2005, 11:27:40 AM »

SO if they stopped at an underground party w/ lots of sex/x/drugs...
NH might have misinterpreted what they meant by party?? mabe it was at Lorenzoes house?? then something bad....

That could have been right...parties here are not these wild underground things I've heard described...party would mean a bunch of his friends chillin' and drinking together.

DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1577 on: June 23, 2005, 11:28:27 AM »

Quote from: "iquitos"

friend:  you hve it to a point.  we just can't figure out what happend after she left but it certainly can be narrowed down to some risky behaviour on the part of some or all that ended bad.  alchohol was definitely a factor.  there are witnesses to that.  what other factors?  there have been reports of sex and speculation about drugs, extasy, date rape,etc.  lorenzo's questioining brings in underground parties.  if natalee ingested crack she could have easily gone off the deep end and if kept doped up will not easily let it go.  deepak mentioned a crack house and so did "jug" twitty early on.  we have testimony of a recent visitor that crack is a problem on aruba.  I suspect it is actually pasta basica de coca (unrefined coca paste from nearby Colombia) which is similar to crack.  we just don't have enough to forulate a crdible hypothsis.  But if crack is involved, she could still be alive.

I've always thought that drugs were involved in this case somehow, maybe Steve was the supplier?  I don't know but it just seems to me like it explains why their families think they couldn't have killed her, and also why they arent confessing what happened.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1578 on: June 23, 2005, 11:28:54 AM »

Quote from: "Scott"
Also, I wonder why it was so important for Joran to go to C&C even though it was going to close right away?

Because the horny kid thought he was going to get laid.

Exclamation NO SHIT... well said i might add guy!

peace to all
joebob
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1579 on: June 23, 2005, 11:29:03 AM »

Quote from: "Terry"
Quote from: "la_cavalière"
Quote from: "Terry"
Quote from: "nisxan"
FYI, the microchips used in animals are not GPS beacons or anything. They simply have a unique code embedded into them which can only be read by a special scanner.

Putting a microchip or similar device would only be helpful if you ran across several children who looked EXACTLY like your child and you couldn't tell which one was yours.

So the chips would only be useful AFTER you have found your child.

OK, well then, why cant somebody find something that actually can be used to track your child? I mean, as technologically advanced as we are, it shouldnt be that hard to do..there should be something that can be found /invented that can be used as a tracking device...
I totally agree with you. Thinking that may be available one day, must get past the privacy act though, I am sure.

They're already available:

http://www.wherifywireless.com/prod_watches.htm
Oh cool, thanks Cav. But I am looking for something that cannot be removed. Put a tracking chip in my children.

Real cool. Not. Can't wait for the database or access control for those chips to be cracked so that every molester in the world will be able to pattern your kids movements and know exactly where your kids are...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.