March 28, 2024, 08:03:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #18 - 6/22/05  (Read 400503 times)
sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1680 on: June 23, 2005, 12:20:16 PM »

Quote from: "AZsunny"
[He went to anger management too; right? I felt he was angry with her, but not because she got him into a mess by vanishing. JVDS mother said he went to anger management for kicking his brother? Denial
[/i]

What she said was he had a confrontation with one of his school mates that was resolved by talking to the parents of the boy.  I didn't hear any confirmation of his attending anger management, that was the question from Greta....did I miss something here?[/quote]
She sent Joran to YOGA..  Very Happy
gaijin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1681 on: June 23, 2005, 12:20:48 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Quote from: "absolut"
Well this is really a sad sight to see today.

People, Tom and Red are getting press like there is no tomorrow and membership is skyrocketing and the best the forum's hottest thread can contain is slurs and racial bias. This is the currently the number 1 forum for Natalee Holloway discussions by most accounts. Each opinion can be wrong you don't have to agree but you can be civil and try to think about the greater good.

I think this is an excellent point and agree whole heartedly. The site is denegrated and its validity diminished by some of what has unnecessarily been going on here the last few days. I personally am embarassed by it and I have nothing to do with the site. But I am certain that Tom and Red are fearful of the NEGATIVE press that might be headed there way if attention stays on them. It has the potential to turn the forum and the site into a joke.
And not a very humorous one.
People should stop it out of respect not only to Natalee, but to their hosts.
We are all, as I have heard Tom say on multiple occasions, guest in his  and Reds house.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1682 on: June 23, 2005, 12:22:15 PM »

Quote from: "sandy"
Earlier someone printed the viewer numbers for the various networks covering this event - with FOX so obviously far out in front why would CNN and the others not immediately deploy more resources in this direction?

Because CNN and MSNBC both have healthier more well rounded news reports!!!  Even Fox had Marvin Kalb on with a commentary indicating the same thing.  While we love the intense coverage done by Fox, a good news editor would never approve devoting this amount of time to this one story.  Yes, it's very important...but, given the huge stories going on around the world this was in a ways down the list.

We're in a war where kids are dying everyday...

Could it also be that foxnews is not on Aruba cable therefore they cannot SEE what is said hour after hour. The other 2 I believe are on the cable down there and would not report endless speculation for the authorities and the people to see.
CancunMole
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1683 on: June 23, 2005, 12:22:55 PM »

Quote from: "jac723"
Quote from: "KackyLacky"
Did anyone catch what joran's mother said last night--about what Joran was telling her? That "when this girl comes forward he was going to beat her in front of her mother for hiding" I gasped when I heard this

His mom said when he first was ?'d he told his mom--just wait til they find her-I will kick her butt for all the problems she has caused us.

There is a video on fox.com with a 2-part interview on the VDS family--u can hear it from MVDS's own mouth!

Maybe I'm crazy but I didn't find that comment about "when she's found I'll kick her butt" to mean anything more than a means of reassurung his mother that he didn't do anything to her.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1684 on: June 23, 2005, 12:23:26 PM »

People, Tom and Red are getting press like there is no tomorrow and membership is skyrocketing and the best the forum's hottest thread can contain is slurs and racial bias. This is the currently the number 1 forum for Natalee Holloway discussions by most accounts. Each opinion can be wrong you don't have to agree but you can be civil and try to think about the greater good.

Seems this is the pot calling the kettle black!

How is that I have never insulted or used slurs to or about anyone on this site or the case. Not even you Nancy.

careful nancy or i will call you an arrogant, obnoxious slimeball who turns one's stomach
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1685 on: June 23, 2005, 12:23:59 PM »

Did anyone catch what joran's mother said last night--about what Joran was telling her? That "when this girl comes forward he was going to beat her in front of her mother for hiding" I gasped when I heard this

His mom said when he first was ?'d he told his mom--just wait til they find her-I will kick her butt for all the problems she has caused us.

There is a video on fox.com with a 2-part interview on the VDS family--u can hear it from MVDS's own mouth!

Question  Question so NH did not behave/cooperate (at party??) then something bad happened....

if i heard "home sweet home" by motley crue
i would take it as a sign that there is still hope

peace to all
la_cavalière
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1686 on: June 23, 2005, 12:25:04 PM »

[He went to anger management too; right? I felt he was angry with her, but not because she got him into a mess by vanishing. JVDS mother said he went to anger management for kicking his brother? Denial
[/i]

What she said was he had a confrontation with one of his school mates that was resolved by talking to the parents of the boy.  I didn't hear any confirmation of his attending anger management, that was the question from Greta....did I miss something here?[/quote]

Yes, BTH asked about the anger management classes and Anita VdS confirmed it. She said that her husband was away a lot and that Joran was developing an attitude problem, so she sent him there. She also said Joran sometimes fought with his younger brothers, but it was pretty normal sibling stuff.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1687 on: June 23, 2005, 12:25:08 PM »

Quote from: "sandraK"
[/i]

What she said was he had a confrontation with one of his school mates that was resolved by talking to the parents of the boy.  I didn't hear any confirmation of his attending anger management, that was the question from Greta....did I miss something here?

She sent Joran to YOGA..  Very Happy[/quote]
I also heard the thing about yoga too.. what impressed me is when Mrs VDS said the boys should have been taken ito custody to begin with and questioned and never let go like they did.. I was shocked to hear that.. and if it was talked about already.. Im sorry.. guess I am to lazy to sit here and read the last 80 pages or so..lol
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1688 on: June 23, 2005, 12:25:09 PM »

Quote from: "gaijin"

I think this is an excellent point and agree whole heartedly. The site is denegrated and its validity diminished by some of what has unnecessarily been going on here the last few days. I personally am embarassed by it and I have nothing to do with the site. But I am certain that Tom and Red are fearful of the NEGATIVE press that might be headed there way if attention stays on them. It has the potential to turn the forum and the site into a joke.
And not a very humorous one.
People should stop it out of respect not only to Natalee, but to their hosts.
We are all, as I have heard Tom say on multiple occasions, guest in his  and Reds house.

It is not everybody, so no need to attack everyone!

Kelly
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1689 on: June 23, 2005, 12:25:26 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
Quote from: "DT"
Quote from: "la_cavalière"
Was it ever explained why BHT didn't show up for the meeting with Greta and the VDS parents?

It wasn't ever officialy explained but I think it might have something with either her lawyer or the police advising her otherwise.

Excuse me - have I missed something - are you speaking of the meeting featured on yesterday's report - therefore a second meeting with the 2 families and Greta was arranged?
I have asked a few times yesterday about the ethics not to mention the legal implications of Greta's tactics - something does not seem quite right about Greta's tactics - albeit I am not questioning her personal good intentions, only her less laudable journalistic ambition and her questionable legal manoeuvring.

NO SHIT!!

i get it, arrange a cat fight to raise already obscene ratings.  no ethics here, just greed and vanity.

peace to all
xcptnl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1690 on: June 23, 2005, 12:25:40 PM »

Quote from: "CancunMole"

Maybe I'm crazy but I didn't find that comment about "when she's found I'll kick her butt" to mean anything more than a means of reassurung his mother that he didn't do anything to her.

I agree - it was a bad way to say it but I agree with you.  I don't think his Mom meant anything bad by it.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1691 on: June 23, 2005, 12:25:44 PM »

Earlier someone printed the viewer numbers for the various networks covering this event - with FOX so obviously far out in front why would CNN and the others not immediately deploy more resources in this direction?

Because CNN and MSNBC both have healthier more well rounded news reports!!!  Even Fox had Marvin Kalb on with a commentary indicating the same thing.  While we love the intense coverage done by Fox, a good news editor would never approve devoting this amount of time to this one story.  Yes, it's very important...but, given the huge stories going on around the world this was in a ways down the list.

Could it also be that foxnews is not on Aruba cable therefore they cannot SEE what is said hour after hour. The other 2 I believe are on the cable down there and would not report endless speculation for the authorities and the people to see.

I didn't realize they didn't see Fox there.  How do they find out what O'Reilly is saying?  They seemed very ticked with him...I can't say I blame them.

I do know some must receive Nancy Grace as an Aruban woman I communicated with referred to Grace.
CancunMole
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1692 on: June 23, 2005, 12:26:18 PM »

Quote from: "chloe2"
quote]

He went to anger management too; right? I felt he was angry with her, but not because she got him into a mess by vanishing. JVDS mother said he went to anger management for kicking his brother? Denial

I don't believe we have actual confirmation of this anywhere. Just more hearsay and speculation.[/quote]

I don't recall Mrs. VdS saying he went to anger management in that term. She sent him to yoga.........
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1693 on: June 23, 2005, 12:26:54 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"

Seems this is the pot calling the kettle black!

How is that I have never insulted or used slurs to or about anyone on this site or the case. Not even you Nancy.

careful nancy or i will call you an arrogant, obnoxious slimeball who turns one's stomach

Uhhhhh, hope not AND I did apologize for my comment.
Chaumes
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1694 on: June 23, 2005, 12:27:13 PM »

chloe2:
i get it, arrange a cat fight to raise already obscene ratings. no ethics here, just greed and vanity.

On the money, Iquitos.[/quote]

Yep.  If Greta's efforts can accomplish anything - then, lovely.  However, her "integrity" as a journalist has undergone a bit of a transformation since moving to Fox.  She exclusively covers the sensational.  I have to believe this is largely due to the "climate" that is Fox.  Rupert is a tabloid publisher at his core and this infuses all Fox media.

Not necessarily Fox bashing, here.  I have pretty much watched them exclusively for last few years, but I can't the deny the obvious.  A whore is a whore is a... That said, it's the lesser of evils among vices of other networks.
LostinTime
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1695 on: June 23, 2005, 12:28:13 PM »

Having a hard time keeping up, someone just posted that the FBI was scaling back and mentioned it was considered a missing person case, Am I wrong I thought it was changed to a kidnapping case..
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1696 on: June 23, 2005, 12:28:24 PM »

I didn't realize they didn't see Fox there.  How do they find out what O'Reilly is saying?  They seemed very ticked with him...I can't say I blame them.

I do know some must receive Nancy Grace as an Aruban woman I communicated with referred to Grace.

Top95 radio rebroadcast the inflammatory stuff said about Aruba. Arubagirl can confirm.
trimmer
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1697 on: June 23, 2005, 12:28:53 PM »

This was posted on Riehl today.  

This is what the latest we got from a reporter who is known on the island to get confidential info from his friends in the police department.
1. All three guys agreed they left JVDS and NH near the Marriot on that night.
2. JVDS testified that he and NH went for a swim and after that whey walked bak to the hotel, where he walked home and NH to Holiday Inn, which is just a few 100 meters away. Easiest if you walk on the beach, there is a walkway connecting all hotels from the beach area. He insists he left her there.
3. The DJ was suspected because he told an friend erlier that he was asked to use his boat (not the TATTOO) but a smaller vessel to dump something in the sea. That's why when inteviewed he said that he saw the guys leaving the girl at the HI, but when this story came apart, they arrested him the next day.
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1698 on: June 23, 2005, 12:29:28 PM »

Prof - Dude! Take a breather!  There have been plenty of posters on this board who have slammed Joran and his family.

The Arubans are under attack right now. Just as Mississippians were when I was growing up. I recall Johnny Carson (pre-Leno days) joking that he made a point of going to the bathroom as his plane flew over Mississippi. This is the type of denigration the Arubans are being subjected to. It's painful. It's ugly. And it's just plain small-minded. But for you to accuse this entire forum of being racist is equally foolish.

Chloe, I hear what you are saying, but yesterday I was on this blogsite and EVERY posting was about the Brothers from the Soul Festival, and how we needed to look more closely at them. Were you there? Did you not see?

And, as for taking a breather, I have to go to work pretty soon, but I'M JUST WARMING UP. (To quote Al Pacino, in Scent of a Woman.)
la_cavalière
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1699 on: June 23, 2005, 12:29:31 PM »

Quote from: "CancunMole"
quote]

He went to anger management too; right? I felt he was angry with her, but not because she got him into a mess by vanishing. JVDS mother said he went to anger management for kicking his brother? Denial

I don't believe we have actual confirmation of this anywhere. Just more hearsay and speculation.

I don't recall Mrs. VdS saying he went to anger management in that term. She sent him to yoga.........[/quote]

In the first interview, Greta said that BHT asked about the anger management classes, and Anita said yes, she sent him there after he developed an attitude problem partly due to the fact that his father was gone all the time.

She talked about yoga in the second interview, saying that Joran was doing yoga in prison even though he didn't like the yoga class she made him take. He is also reading the Bible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.