March 28, 2024, 07:51:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #18 - 6/22/05  (Read 400495 times)
gaijin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1700 on: June 23, 2005, 12:29:38 PM »

Quote from: "Kelly"
Quote from: "gaijin"
Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Quote from: "absolut"
Well this is really a sad sight to see today.

People, Tom and Red are getting press like there is no tomorrow and membership is skyrocketing and the best the forum's hottest thread can contain is slurs and racial bias. This is the currently the number 1 forum for Natalee Holloway discussions by most accounts. Each opinion can be wrong you don't have to agree but you can be civil and try to think about the greater good.

I think this is an excellent point and agree whole heartedly. The site is denegrated and its validity diminished by some of what has unnecessarily been going on here the last few days. I personally am embarassed by it and I have nothing to do with the site. But I am certain that Tom and Red are fearful of the NEGATIVE press that might be headed there way if attention stays on them. It has the potential to turn the forum and the site into a joke.
And not a very humorous one.
People should stop it out of respect not only to Natalee, but to their hosts.
We are all, as I have heard Tom say on multiple occasions, guest in his  and Reds house.

It is not everybody, so no need to attack everyone!

...was in no way meant as an attack - only an observation. If it was taken that way, my humble apologizes. Suppose I should have ended it...IMHO.
Sorry, just that I have been here from the beginning...and the tenor of the post has definitly "shifted". But certainly not by everyone.

IMHO
katya
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1701 on: June 23, 2005, 12:29:51 PM »

Quote from: "sandy"
Earlier someone printed the viewer numbers for the various networks covering this event - with FOX so obviously far out in front why would CNN and the others not immediately deploy more resources in this direction?

Because CNN and MSNBC both have healthier more well rounded news reports!!!  Even Fox had Marvin Kalb on with a commentary indicating the same thing.  While we love the intense coverage done by Fox, a good news editor would never approve devoting this amount of time to this one story.  Yes, it's very important...but, given the huge stories going on around the world this was in a ways down the list.

We're in a war where kids are dying everyday...

Could it also be that foxnews is not on Aruba cable therefore they cannot SEE what is said hour after hour. The other 2 I believe are on the cable down there and would not report endless speculation for the authorities and the people to see.

I didn't realize they didn't see Fox there.  How do they find out what O'Reilly is saying?  They seemed very ticked with him...I can't say I blame them.

I do know some must receive Nancy Grace as an Aruban woman I communicated with referred to Grace.

Internet! I don't get Fox in Mexico and CNN Intl doesn't cover these types of stories much, but it's all on the internet. I've never even heard of Nancy Grace before this
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1702 on: June 23, 2005, 12:30:00 PM »

People, Tom and Red are getting press like there is no tomorrow and membership is skyrocketing and the best the forum's hottest thread can contain is slurs and racial bias. This is the currently the number 1 forum for Natalee Holloway discussions by most accounts. Each opinion can be wrong you don't have to agree but you can be civil and try to think about the greater good.

I think this is an excellent point and agree whole heartedly. The site is denegrated and its validity diminished by some of what has unnecessarily been going on here the last few days. I personally am embarassed by it and I have nothing to do with the site. But I am certain that Tom and Red are fearful of the NEGATIVE press that might be headed there way if attention stays on them. It has the potential to turn the forum and the site into a joke.
We are all, as I have heard Tom say on multiple occasions, guest in his  and Reds house.

There are a lot of people on here (majority) that are sincerely concerned for natalees safe return, and have developed an emotional closeness (sort of say) to her poor family. I can only speak for myself, so that is how i feel

Kelly
inthepacific
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1703 on: June 23, 2005, 12:30:12 PM »

Quote from: "CancunMole"
Quote from: "jac723"
Quote from: "KackyLacky"
Did anyone catch what joran's mother said last night--about what Joran was telling her? That "when this girl comes forward he was going to beat her in front of her mother for hiding" I gasped when I heard this

His mom said when he first was ?'d he told his mom--just wait til they find her-I will kick her butt for all the problems she has caused us.

There is a video on fox.com with a 2-part interview on the VDS family--u can hear it from MVDS's own mouth!

Maybe I'm crazy but I didn't find that comment about "when she's found I'll kick her butt" to mean anything more than a means of reassurung his mother that he didn't do anything to her.

You are not crazy, I found the same thing.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1704 on: June 23, 2005, 12:30:40 PM »

Quote from: "Chaumes"
chloe2:
i get it, arrange a cat fight to raise already obscene ratings. no ethics here, just greed and vanity.

On the money, Iquitos.

Yep.  If Greta's efforts can accomplish anything - then, lovely.  However, her "integrity" as a journalist has undergone a bit of a transformation since moving to Fox.  She exclusively covers the sensational.  I have to believe this is largely due to the "climate" that is Fox.  Rupert is a tabloid publisher at his core and this infuses all Fox media.

Not necessarily Fox bashing, here.  I have pretty much watched them exclusively for last few years, but I can't the deny the obvious.  A whore is a whore is a... That said, it's the lesser of evils among vices of other networks.[/quote]

MY RESPONSE STARTS HERE...guess I messed up the "reply" function....
I agree she's covering the more sensational cases...but, then they all do.  I still think she's the best Fox has...And, I think she's provided the best, most informative, factual coverage on this case.  Except the news guy she had on last night that didn't know Satish was the younger brother!  Sheesh.
jane
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1705 on: June 23, 2005, 12:31:37 PM »

Quote from: "Lausa"
Quote from: "jane"Speaking of being in the garage with the door shut, why don't you? Leave your car running while you're at it...K?[/quote

Overreacting a little, IMHO.  I just logged in and this is the first post I read.  Hope it's not going to be that kind of day.

LOL. You should have read a few pages earlier. I was being pretty good for awhile. I'll be good for the rest of the day no matter how much I get attacked.
Just Wondering
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1706 on: June 23, 2005, 12:32:45 PM »

Absolut:

I am afraid the timeline for the future will look something like this by July 5th:

1. June 23rd  --- scaredmonkeys starts wandering off topic and  in-fighting
2. FBI pulls back 2 agents
3. June 24th Equusearch either does or does not get permission to enter island.

---------------------July 4th weekend----------

4. Fox pulls out crews. It is too expensive to stay and too expensive to return. EquuSearch the same.
5. Natalee falls off radar. BTW has to get back to the rest of her family. Comes down sporadically.
6. 116 days pass.   Everyone walks.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1707 on: June 23, 2005, 12:33:03 PM »

Quote from: "la_cavalière"
Quote from: "chloe2"
quote]

He went to anger management too; right? I felt he was angry with her, but not because she got him into a mess by vanishing. JVDS mother said he went to anger management for kicking his brother? Denial

I don't believe we have actual confirmation of this anywhere. Just more hearsay and speculation.

I don't recall Mrs. VdS saying he went to anger management in that term. She sent him to yoga.........

In the first interview, Greta said that BHT asked about the anger management classes, and Anita said yes, she sent him there after he developed an attitude problem partly due to the fact that his father was gone all the time.

She talked about yoga in the second interview, saying that Joran was doing yoga in prison even though he didn't like the yoga class she made him take. He is also reading the Bible.[/quote]

nice prison... on that note I'm off to get a massage.
bye all

peace to all
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1708 on: June 23, 2005, 12:33:16 PM »

Quote from: "la_cavalière"
quote]

He went to anger management too; right? I felt he was angry with her, but not because she got him into a mess by vanishing. JVDS mother said he went to anger management for kicking his brother? Denial

I don't believe we have actual confirmation of this anywhere. Just more hearsay and speculation.

I don't recall Mrs. VdS saying he went to anger management in that term. She sent him to yoga.........

In the first interview, Greta said that BHT asked about the anger management classes, and Anita said yes, she sent him there after he developed an attitude problem partly due to the fact that his father was gone all the time.

She talked about yoga in the second interview, saying that Joran was doing yoga in prison even though he didn't like the yoga class she made him take. He is also reading the Bible.[/quote]

yes I also heard that too.. JVS mother said a polcie officer gave him a Bible.... Maybe some will disagree.. but my heart did go out to his mother as well.. She appeared to be very sincere...
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1709 on: June 23, 2005, 12:33:47 PM »

Quote from: "Professor"
Prof - Dude! Take a breather!  There have been plenty of posters on this board who have slammed Joran and his family.

The Arubans are under attack right now. Just as Mississippians were when I was growing up. I recall Johnny Carson (pre-Leno days) joking that he made a point of going to the bathroom as his plane flew over Mississippi. This is the type of denigration the Arubans are being subjected to. It's painful. It's ugly. And it's just plain small-minded. But for you to accuse this entire forum of being racist is equally foolish.

Chloe, I hear what you are saying, but yesterday I was on this blogsite and EVERY posting was about the Brothers from the Soul Festival, and how we needed to look more closely at them. Were you there? Did you not see?

And, as for taking a breather, I have to go to work pretty soon, but I'M JUST WARMING UP. (To quote Al Pacino, in Scent of a Woman.)

It was discussed the same way the email was and the original stories as well. No need to lump all the SBF sec guards in a bucket either. It is a theory just like the 14 that are currently in my PM box. If it was bit more inviting possible those would end up here they would be discussed as well. You have stated which theory you believe and shot holes in other which is the idea here. The doesn't need to be anger and frustration about it.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1710 on: June 23, 2005, 12:34:19 PM »

edittorial comment: gaijin if you think this is bad you should see the night crew!  seriously, i have not seen much change in the tone since i came in.  it gets a little raunchy when we are theoried out and there is no breaking news but it is generally civil and  informative.  we have fewer contributors from aruba and mb, but hey, they have lives too.  this is very intense and for the serious participants an almost a full time activity.  some impressive fact checking has been done here and some original research that has shown up in MSM days later.  you have to be here longer term to see what is really happening.  if you only peek in at the wrong time you might get the wrong impression. the last thing we want to do is stifle any information.  FYI here is am aruba digital for today:  

http://www.arubaam.com/~victor/am23jun05.pdf
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1711 on: June 23, 2005, 12:34:49 PM »

Quote from: "Just Wondering"
Absolut:

I am afraid the timeline for the future will look something like this by July 5th:

4. Fox pulls out crews. It is too expensive to stay and too expensive to return. EquuSearch the same.
5. Natalee falls off radar. BTW has to get back to the rest of her family. Comes down sporadically.

I will do everything in my power for that not to happen.
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1712 on: June 23, 2005, 12:35:27 PM »

Quote from: "trimmer"
This was posted on Riehl today.  

This is what the latest we got from a reporter who is known on the island to get confidential info from his friends in the police department.
1. All three guys agreed they left JVDS and NH near the Marriot on that night.
2. JVDS testified that he and NH went for a swim and after that whey walked bak to the hotel, where he walked home and NH to Holiday Inn, which is just a few 100 meters away. Easiest if you walk on the beach, there is a walkway connecting all hotels from the beach area. He insists he left her there.
3. The DJ was suspected because he told an friend erlier that he was asked to use his boat (not the TATTOO) but a smaller vessel to dump something in the sea. That's why when inteviewed he said that he saw the guys leaving the girl at the HI, but when this story came apart, they arrested him the next day.

#3 Is disturbing and plausible. Interesting stuff.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1713 on: June 23, 2005, 12:36:18 PM »

Prof - Dude! Take a breather!  There have been plenty of posters on this board who have slammed Joran and his family.

The Arubans are under attack right now. Just as Mississippians were when I was growing up. I recall Johnny Carson (pre-Leno days) joking that he made a point of going to the bathroom as his plane flew over Mississippi. This is the type of denigration the Arubans are being subjected to. It's painful. It's ugly. And it's just plain small-minded. But for you to accuse this entire forum of being racist is equally foolish.

Chloe, I hear what you are saying, but yesterday I was on this blogsite and EVERY posting was about the Brothers from the Soul Festival, and how we needed to look more closely at them. Were you there? Did you not see?

And, as for taking a breather, I have to go to work pretty soon, but I'M JUST WARMING UP. (To quote Al Pacino, in Scent of a Woman.)

It was discussed the same way the email was and the original stories as well. No need to lump all the SBF sec guards in a bucket either. It is a theory just like the 14 that are currently in my PM box. If it was bit more inviting possible those would end up here they would be discussed as well. You have stated which theory you believe and shot holes in other which is the idea here. The doesn't need to be anger and frustration about it.

I don't understand why my name appears here...yet none of these comments are mine.   Hmmmmmmmmm.  It's not appearing now but did above....
hope
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1714 on: June 23, 2005, 12:36:39 PM »

Absolut:

I too feel like this might happen as well- sure hope not!!
Compananzi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1715 on: June 23, 2005, 12:37:02 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
Quote from: "no x it"
Quote from: "mbhs05"
some people are just really mean behind a computer screen.

And the wheel of a car.  Do the same you do to them:  leave them in the dust and forget them.  Btw we all apprecate your input and sorry you and others are swept up in this..

HEREZ a thought::

what if JVDS  did pick up Joran at 11 at McD"S...the two bro's picked him up to sneak over to C&CS there are gonna be hot chicks there...Natallee and Joran hook up...He says he
will take her back to hotel...NH may have at first
thought it was a cab but too late...Joran assures they are his friends...on the way the bro's mention stopping by a hot underground party...there are drugs involved...then something bad happens =
why they said they all had sex with her and Thought sh'ed show up at a crackhouse?

I do believe the cabs in Aruba have clearly defined signs, usuall a taxi sign on the top of the roof.  And comments from MB highschool saying that Nat was enjoying her self to the point of shouting out ... Aruba! Woohoo!
bobntexas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1716 on: June 23, 2005, 12:37:20 PM »

If VDS Mother is not allowed to discuss the case with her son, it seems disingenuous that she would be allowed to hear from her son about what the police are saying to him when being interrogated.
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1717 on: June 23, 2005, 12:37:31 PM »

Absolut:

Why would they leave when everyone is so passionate about this? I don't see passion ebbing anytime soon. IMO
I would hate to see that as reality.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1718 on: June 23, 2005, 12:37:51 PM »

I don't understand why my name appears here...yet none of these comments are mine.   Hmmmmmmmmm.

I don't see your name in any of that?
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1719 on: June 23, 2005, 12:38:00 PM »

Nah, I work. I don't have time to read every post all day long. Plus, I try to ignore the most accusatory ones.  For the first week every post was about what a slimeball Joran and the Kalpoe brothers were. It's the nature of a lynch mob mentality.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.