February 23, 2019, 06:27:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kara Nichols, 19yrs old, missing since 10/9/2012, Colorado Springs, Colo  (Read 11783 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2014, 09:48:18 PM »

http://www.koaa.com/news/mother-of-missing-woman-speaks-out-after-sheriff-s-office-releases-interview-amid-controversy/

21 hours 6 minutes ago by Kelsey Kennedy
Mother of Missing Woman Speaks out After Sheriff's Office Releases Interview amid Controversy

The El Paso County Sheriff's Office released an old audio recording of an interview done with Deputy Cliff Porter, who has filed a complaint of abuse and sexual favoritism against the sheriff.

During the 50-minute long interview, Porter was questioned about some controversial comments he made about the investigation into Kara Nichols. She was last ween in October of 2012.

The recording is very upsetting to Kara's family. Her mother, Julia Nichols, says Deputy Porter was disengaged from the beginning, refusing to take their calls or meet with the family.

"He was very dismissive," she says. "He made assumptions such as he immediately thought that our daughter was dead and told us so without having done much investigative work."

Porter says in the recording he was frustrated with lack of leads to follow up on.

"Look, this is a cold case. This girl's probably dead. We're going to work the leads, but we're going to shelve this thing, and we won't overreact when Mr. Nichols comes in."

Nichols says the recording is simply heartbreaking.

"To learn now that he complained about our concerns, the natural concerns of a family when a person goes missing, is more than appalling."

She says once the case was transferred to another detective, her family was kept informed and treated with respect. Julia is holding out hope that Kara will be found.

Julia says the department contacted her family on Wednesday to ensure they are still actively following leads to find Kara.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2014, 10:09:41 PM »

Looks like the sheriff's in hot water too.   

http://www.koaa.com/news/el-paso-county-commissioners-vote-unanimously-to-ask-maketa-to-resign/

May 29, 2014 3:12 PM by Eric Ross, David Randall
El Paso County Commissioners vote unanimously to ask Maketa to resign

UPDATE: The Board of Commissioners voted unanimously to ask Sheriff Maketa to resign.  Maketa will have to decide if he leaves office or not.  They cannot force him to do so.

EL PASO COUNTY - County commissioners are meeting Thursday morning.  On the agenda, is a discussion about how to handle the accusations against El Paso County Sheriff Terry Maketa.  Sheriff Maketa had been under investigation by the commissioners after allegations that he promoted under qualified female staff members to key positions after becoming romantically involved with them.  The commissioners removed themselves from the investigation after retaining outside counsel.

Many of these accusations came to light after an EEOC complaint was filed by three members of the EPCSO command staff. Those staff members were placed on leave shortly thereafter. The Sheriff's Office denies that there is a connection between the commanders being placed on leave, and an employment complaint.

http://www.koaa.com/files/Statement.pdf

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2015, 02:49:02 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/HelpUsFindKaraNichols/photos/a.437580099628883.116610.433766176676942/892900550763500/?type=1&theater

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.