March 28, 2024, 12:57:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jackie Collins: Author Dies at 77 After Fight With Breast Cancer  (Read 7778 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: September 20, 2015, 05:54:01 AM »

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-34305950

Novelist Jackie Collins dies aged 77

1 hour ago
From the section Entertainment & Arts

"It is with tremendous sadness that we announce the death of our beautiful, dynamic and one-of-a-kind mother," the statement said.

The British-born writer, sister of actress Joan Collins, died in Los Angeles, her spokeswoman said.

Collins's raunchy novels of the rich and famous sold more than 500 million copies in 40 countries.

In a career spanning four decades, all 32 of her novels appeared in the New York Times bestseller list.

Her sister Joan, 82, who only learned the news herself in the last fortnight, told People magazine she was "completely devastated".

"She was my best friend. I admire how she handled this. She was a wonderful, brave and a beautiful person and I love her," she said.

Jackie Collins, who was born in London, began writing as a teenager, making up racy stories for her schoolfriends, according to a biography on her website.

Her first novel, The World is Full of Married Men, was published in 1968 and became a scandalous bestseller. It was banned in Australia and branded "disgusting" by romance writer Barbara Cartland.

In 1985, her novel Hollywood Wives was made into a mini-series by ABC, starring Anthony Hopkins and Candice Bergen.

Collins said that she "never felt bashful writing about sex". "I think I've helped people's sex lives," she said.

"Sex is a driving force in the world so I don't think it's unusual that I write about sex. I try to make it erotic, too."

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.