April 24, 2024, 11:42:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gabriella Doolin, 7yrs Old Found Murdered After Football Game, KY 11/14/15  (Read 51068 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2018, 12:12:36 PM »

Disgusting pig.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2018, 01:25:39 PM »

Disgusting pig.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2018, 10:46:22 PM »

http://www.wbko.com/content/news/Madden-attorney-disqualified-trial-date-pushed-back-483375331.html

Lawyer disqualified, state funding granted in Timothy Madden murder case
By Sean Baute | Posted: Tue 3:40 PM, May 22, 2018  |  Updated: Tue 6:38 PM, May 22, 2018

SCOTTSVILLE, Ky. (WBKO) – The trial date for the Allen County man accused of killing 7-year-old Gabbi Doolin in 2015 has again been pushed back.

Timothy Madden’s attorney, Travis Lock, was disqualified to represent Madden moving forward in order to provide Madden state funding for experts in mitigation.

The case will be handed over to the Kentucky Department of Public Advocacy.

Judge Janet Crocker said Madden was indigent from day one and that his constitutional right to counsel of his choice is “not rational” to choose over his constitutional right to proper mitigation.

"This case has taken up two and a half years of my life," said Lock. "I don't know that I'll ever wipe my hands clean of this case. I will certainly be available to help the Department of Public Advocacy in any way I can."

Lock had hoped that he'd be able to continue to represent Madden, but in order for Madden to obtain the public funding he was seeking, he could not simultaneously secure his right to his choice of counsel.

Judge Crocker also added that it’s rare for capitol cases to be privately funded, based on their very nature, which could lead to either death or life in jail.

The Doolin family was present for Tuesday's hearing.

"It's been 920 days since Gabbi was taken, and nobody offered her delays or continuances, or her rights or anything," said Lori Doolin-Wilson, family spokesperson. "920 days and here we are saying here you go, let's start again. Does anyone think that's fair?"

Commonwealth Attorney Clint Willis was shocked by Tuesday's proceedings.

"About absolutely the worst thing that could have happened in this case, as far as we were concerned," he said. "We were ready to go forward in July, [we] thought the trial was appropriate. What they were saying, what they were essentially asking for was the same thing that they asked for back in November and they said they already had underway. That's what they swore under oath."

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2019, 04:49:09 PM »

https://www.wnky.com/state-can-proceed-with-death-penalty-against-man-accused-of-killing-gabbi-doolin

State can proceed with death penalty against man accused of killing Gabbi Doolin
May 4, 2019  Deborah Highland

SCOTTSVILLE, Ky. – Allen Circuit Judge Janet Crocker ruled against a defense motion Friday seeking to declare the Kentucky death penalty unconstitutional in the case against the man accused of sexually assaulting and killing Gabbi Doolin, a 7-year-old Scottsville girl in 2015.

Timothy Madden, of Scottsville, is facing the death penalty in the case. He is charged with kidnapping-victim death, first-degree rape – victim under 12 years old, first-degree sodomy – victim under 12 years old and murder. Gabbi’s official cause of death was strangulation and drowning, according to her death certificate.

Gabbi Doolin was sexually assaulted and killed in a field near Allen-County Scottsville High School while her older brother Alec played in a youth league football game in November 2015.

Friday’s ruling allows the state to proceed with seeking the death penalty against Madden, said Corey Morgan, 49th Judicial Circuit Commonwealth’s Attorney.

The case is scheduled to be tried Sept. 4 in Hardin County. Morgan anticipates the trial to last one month.

Prior to the trial, Madden will have two additional hearings and will be evaluated at the Kentucky Correctional Psychiatric Center to determine whether or not he had criminal responsibility at the time of Gabbi’s death. This is not an evaluation to determine if he is competent to stand trial, Morgan said.

Madden’s defense team is having DNA evidence in the case retested.

A jury will determine whether or not to sentence Madden to death.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2019, 07:37:34 PM »

Guessing this will exclude the death penalty, but at least spare Gabbi's family additional pain at trial.

https://www.wbko.com/content/news/Timothy-Madden-558134921.html

Timothy Madden pleads guilty to the murder of Gabbi Doolin

By WBKO News Staff | Posted: Sat 3:43 PM, Aug 24, 2019  |  Updated: Sat 7:38 PM, Aug 24, 2019

SCOTTSVILLE, Ky. (WBKO) - The Scottsville man accused of killing and raping a 7-year-old girl in 2015 has pleaded guilty to her murder and kidnapping and entered an alford plea for rape and sodomy.

"I was able to sit down with Mr. Madden and his family and discuss the offer and the ins and outs of what was happening," said Defense Attorney, Tom Griffiths.

Timothy Madden appeared in Allen Circuit Court Saturday before Judge Janet Crocker.

"He additionally entered what is called and Alford plea, to counts two and three which means that he agreed that the Commonwealth had enough evidence to convict him, but he did not agree that he committed the act of count two and three which is the rape and the sodomy charges," Griffiths said.

Madden entered an Alford plea to the charges of rape and sodomy. An Alford plea is a plea "under which a defendant may choose to plead guilty, not because of an admission to the crime, but because the prosecutor has sufficient evidence to place a charge and to obtain conviction in court."

"So, Mr. Madden entered a plea to count one and county 4 of the indictment which is a plea to kidnapping and murder," Griffiths said.

Gabbi Doolin was killed on November 14, 2015 at a youth football game on the campus of Allen County-Scottsville High School after being reported missing for only thirty minutes. Doolin was found in a creek near the football field by police.

Madden was arrested a week later after police confirmed DNA at the crime scene.

Sentencing is scheduled for October 24 and 25.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2019, 06:29:38 AM »

https://www.lex18.com/news/kentucky-man-to-be-sentenced-in-kidnapping-murder-of-gabbi-doolin

Gabbi Doolin case: Detective says blood found on Timothy Madden's clothes linked him to crime
Posted: 9:05 AM, Oct 23, 2019 Updated: 5:19 PM, Oct 23, 2019
By: Nick Beres, Laken Bowles

The man who confessed to killing a 7-year-old Kentucky girl was sentenced to life without parole. He appeared in court for the sentencing hearing in which investigators are outlined evidence in the case.

Back in September, Timothy Madden pleaded guilty to kidnapping and murdering Gabbi Doolin at a youth football game in Allen County in 2015. He will serve life in prison without parole. However, during sentencing Madden maintained his innocence.

"Mr. Madden entered the plea because it was the right thing to do for himself and for the victim's family and for everybody involved including the community," said Madden's attorney Tom Griffiths in a press conference.

As Wednesday's hearing got underway, a detective testified that after Doolin went missing, they gathered everyone who as at the football game in the gym to identify possible suspects.

Police went to Madden’s home where he provided them with the clothes he was wearing that night. Officials linked him to the crime after a DNA test matched Doolin’s DNA to blood that was found on Madden’s underwear and belt buckle.

However, the defense said it typically takes weeks or months for DNA testing to be done. In the Doolin case, DNA testing was done in three days. An analyst said there was a request by police to “rush” the testing.

Her official cause of death was determined to be manual strangulation and drowning.

Prosecutors say the death penalty was on the table, the family approved a life sentence to avoid the drawn-out process of appeals.

Emotions ran raw as Amy Doolin, Gabbi's mother, gave her victim impact statement. Her statement moved most of the room to tears as she described in painful detail what it was like losing her only daughter.

“Because of you, we lost our baby girl. Our boys lost their sister. Before she was even 8 years old, you took her from us,” Amy Doolin said as he took the stand to give her victim impact statement.

The emotions hit an all time high as Gabbi's father, Bryan, erupted in anger at Madden and his attorney, who were speaking while Amy spoke.

"Sir, that's the most disrespectful thing I've ever seen...We've had four years waiting, you can let him listen to what she has to say. Do you understand me?"

During the hearing, the judge said a jury likely would have sentenced Madden to death, but the family agreed to accept his plea deal. And Commonwealth Attorney Corey Morgan spoke to that choice in a press conference following the hearing.

"There would have been the death penalty given. I have no question in my mind. But at the same time, you have years and years of appeals. The family understood that and the family at this juncture is looking toward having closure - as I said before you can't have complete closure on a heinous crime like this, but they do need to be able to move forward with their lives and they would not have been able to do that..."

NewsChannel 5 did not stream the hearing, per the judge’s order.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2019, 11:19:05 PM »

There are several video clips at the link, Judge Croker's statement is a good listen. If you have any doubt he's the monster that raped, sodomized, and murdered, 7 year old Gabriella Doolin, take the 14 minutes and listen to her statement before sentencing.  They knew within four days who did this, it took four years for justice. 
A lot of people on social media still want to blame his son, and he's been alright with that....let that sink in.  Stone cold evil. 
Rest in peace, Gabbi, you will never be forgotten.
God bless and comfort all the broken hearts in this case.

https://www.wbko.com/content/news/Emotional-testimony-details-heartbreak-no-doubt-of-guilt-during-Timothy-Madden-Sentencing-563803941.html

Emotional testimony details heartbreak, no doubt of guilt during Timothy Madden sentencing

By Cory McCauley | Posted: Thu 4:26 PM, Oct 24, 2019  | Updated: Mon 12:03 PM, Oct 28, 2019

SCOTTSVILLE, Ky. (WBKO) - After an emotionally painful eight hours in court, the family of Gabbi Doolin can now begin a new chapter of their lives.

Timothy Madden, the man who pleaded guilty to the murder of seven-year-old Gabbi Doolin will officially remain behind bars for the rest of his life.

Wednesday, family members from both sides appeared in Allen County Circuit Court for Timothy Madden's sentencing.

In August, Madden entered into a guilty plea to Doolin's murder and kidnapping and entered an Alford plea for rape and sodomy.

"Of course, there is a perversity with respect to this plea that is hard to understand," said Allen County Circuit Court Judge Janet Crocker. "I will admit that I kidnapped and killed this child, but I'm not going to admit that I raped and sodomized this child because somehow my family might think less of me."

The case took nearly four years to come to a close and more details of the investigation surfaced during the sentencing.

Ultimately, the decision came down to Judge Crocker who accepted the commonwealth's recommendation and sentenced Timothy Madden to life in prison without parole.

Though the Doolin family can be assured Timothy Madden with spend the rest of his life behind bars, the toll it took on the them will take a lifetime to heal from.

In court Wednesday, Gabbi's mom Amy Doolin recalled the moment she was told she would never see her daughter again saying, "And I saw the ambulance behind the baseball field. I ran to get her, but I was stopped by the paramedics. I said, 'I want to see my baby' and they said, 'No, Ms. Doolin you can't go down there.' I was crying and asking, 'Please let me go to my baby.' They said 'We're doing all we can do.' I hit my knees crying out loud, 'God, please let my baby be okay, please' and then they came to me and said, 'I'm sorry, but she's gone.' The hardest words I've ever heard in my life, the most gut-wrenching moment of my life. I wailed and I screamed, 'No, I want my baby, God, please no I want my baby.'"

In the moments leading up to Judge Crocker reading her sentencing, she commented on Timothy Madden's behavior saying there is no doubt he is guilty of the crimes against Gabbi Doolin.

"You know, I've observed Mr. Madden through all of these proceedings and not one time have I observed one ounce of remorse, not once have I observed one ounce of fear. I, too, have watched him come in and smile and smirk and blow kisses and slouch in his chair as if this were somehow happening to somebody else. But the reality is this court accepts the commonwealth's plea, he'll be moved immediately from where he is to maximum security prison housed with other offenders who have committed similar heinous crimes. Whether or not ultimately the department of corrections can keep him safe in that environment remains to be seen."

The Doolin family told 13 News Wednesday's sentencing was about Gabbi and justice was served.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.