April 18, 2024, 09:56:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marjorie Lord, ‘Make Room for Daddy’ Star, Dead at 97  (Read 3613 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: December 12, 2015, 04:20:16 PM »

December 12, 2015

The actress-turned-L.A. philanthropist was also mother of Oscar-nominated “Fatal Attraction” star Anne Archer

Marjorie Lord, the actress best known for playing Danny Thomas’ sitcom wife on 11 seasons of “Make Room for Daddy,” has died at age 97.

Lord, who became a philanthropist in L.A. after leaving acting and co-founded the Scripter Award, was found in her Beverly Hills home on November 28, the Los Angeles Times reported Friday.

She was also mother of Oscar-nominated “Fatal Attraction” star Anne Archer, her daughter from her marriage to her first husband, actor John Archer. She also had a son, Gregg Archer.

Lord got her start on Broadway in the 1930s when she was still in her teens, then headed West during Hollywood’s Golden Age after signing contracts at RKO and later Universal.

But she became a star on television in the 1950s, first on Danny Thomas’ sketch show and then on his family sitcom “Make Room for Daddy,” which ran through 1965.

Other credits include the 1943 movie “Sherlock Holmes in Washington,” the short-lived 1970 sitcom “Make Room for Grandaddy” and the 1988 TV movie “Side by Side.”

For the last several decades, she devoted less time to acting and more to supporting arts endeavors in L.A., including the Joffrey Ballet, the Music Center and the USC libraries — where she helped found the Scripter Award in 1988 to recognize authors and screenwriters for book adaptations.
http://www.thewrap.com/marjorie-lord-make-room-for-daddy-star-dead-at-97/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.