March 18, 2024, 08:17:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Schneider on 'One Day at a Time,' Dies at 86  (Read 2670 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: January 08, 2016, 04:47:30 AM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/tv/pat-harrington-jr-who-played-schneider-one-day-time-dies-n492091

Pat Harrington Jr., who won an Emmy Award for playing handyman Schneider on the popular sitcom "One Day at a Time," has died at age 86, his daughter announced Thursday morning.

Tresa Harrington posted on Facebook that her father died Wednesday night, two months after she wrote that he had Alzheimer's disease and his health was deteriorating.

"My heart is broken to pieces and I will cry and cry until I just won't," Harrington said in her post.

Harrington Jr. was born in New York City, the son of a song and dance man. After the Air Force, he began working in the NBC mailroom, eventually getting a job as a junior advertising salesman, The Washington Post reported.

But his true talents were as an actor, and for nine seasons in the 1970s and 80s he played the comic relief on CBS' "One Day at a Time," which starred a then-unknown Valerie Bertinelli. He won an Emmy for the role in 1984 and also took home a Golden Globe in 1980.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.