April 19, 2024, 11:25:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalie Cole dead at 65: R&B singer was daughter of Nat King Cole  (Read 8559 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: January 01, 2016, 11:25:53 AM »

Chart-topping R&B singer Natalie Cole, who followed her famous father in the music business with hits like “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) and “Unforgettable,” died at age 65.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/singer-natalie-cole-dead-65-article-1.2482580
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 02:39:24 PM »

Singer Natalie Cole dead at 65

Natalie Cole, the Grammy-winning singer who had hits with such songs as "This Will Be" and "Our Love" and recorded "Unforgettable ... With Love," a best-selling album of songs made famous by her late father, Nat King Cole, died Thursday evening.

She was 65.

Cole's death was confirmed by publicist Maureen O'Connor.

Notables were quick to express their condolences.

Born in 1950, Cole grew up among musical royalty. Her father was one of the most accomplished singers and jazz musicians of the postwar era, and her mother, Maria Hawkins Cole, was a singer for Duke Ellington. Their house, in Los Angeles' upscale Hancock Park neighborhood, was a regular spot for her parents' colleagues.

"I remember meeting Peggy Lee, Danny Thomas, Lena Horne, Dorothy Dandridge, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong and so many others at parties," she told The Wall Street Journal in 2014.

Tony Bennett, who also knew many of the legends of that era, expressed his sadness on Instagram on Friday.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/01/entertainment/natalie-cole-death/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.