March 28, 2024, 05:02:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keurig recalls 6.6 million home brewing machines  (Read 4547 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: January 01, 2016, 01:52:11 PM »

http://cw39.com/2014/12/23/keurig-recalls-6-6-million-home-brewing-machines/

12/23/15

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) — Keurig is recalling 6.6 million of its popular coffee makers after receiving “90 reports of burn-related injuries.”

“Hot liquid could escape from certain MINI Plus Brewing System units during use,” the company said Tuesday. That is more likely “if the brewer is used to brew more than two cups in quick succession.”

The coffee makers are stamped with the model number K10 and were made between December 2009 and July 2014. They may have been purchased at a Kmart, Kohl’s, Target or Walmart, or directly from Keurig Green Mountain.

Keurig told customers to visit its website to see if theirs is among those recalled. If it is, the company will ship a free repair kit.

Additional information is available from its call center, though it will be closed on Christmas and New Year’s Day.

“In the meantime, you can continue to use your brewer,” Keurig said. “We recommend you avoid brewing more than two cups in rapid succession and maintain an arm’s length distance from the brewer during the brewing process.”

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 12:52:08 AM »

Thank you Nut.....this is the information at their website....
http://miniplusbrewer.com/

Have a great New Year, and thank you for the recall information.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.