March 28, 2024, 09:39:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Legendary Singer David Bowie Dead At 69  (Read 9672 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: January 11, 2016, 07:54:52 AM »

Legendary Musician David Bowie Dies at 69, Rest in Peace

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2016/01/11/legendary-muscian-david-bowie-dies-at-69-rest-in-peace/

THIS MORNING I WOKE UP STUNNED AND SADDENED …

David Bowie, one of my all-time favorite musicians, has passed away at the age of 69. According to reports, Ziggy Star Dust died after an 18-month battle with cancer. Honestly, I never knew he had it. Bowie had just released his last album, “Blackstar,” this past Friday on his birthday. His music spanned so many generations and Bowie kept reinventing himself and his music. See David Bowie in concert was more than a concert, it was an epic event. The man was a music legend with more fantastic songs than most band have songs. In 1975, Bowie achieved his first major American crossover success with the number-one single “Fame” and the hit album Young Americans. But that is not before the glam rocker had such huge hits as  ”Space Oddity” and “Star Man.” However, probably my favorites are probable “Changes” and “Heroes”. But there are just too many to pick from. Then there was the MTV years where Bowie hit it big with “Let’s Dance,” “Modern Love” and “China Girl.”
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 07:58:23 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/david-bowie-dead-dies_566875fce4b080eddf568aa2

"Blackstar," his 25th studio album, was released this month.
 
 01/11/2016 01:56 am ET | Updated 4 minutes ago

British singer David Bowie died Sunday at the age of 69 after an 18-month battle with cancer. The news was posted on the artist's official social media accounts; Bowie's rep also confirmed the news to The Hollywood Reporter.

Bowie, who was born David Robert Jones in Brixton, south London, scored his first hit in 1969 with the song "Space Oddity" and secured an enduring fanbase with his early albums "The Man Who Sold the World" and "Hunky Dory."

But the singer's breakthrough didn't happen until 1972, when he unveiled his androgynous alter ego, Ziggy Stardust, which catapulted him from "cult figure to rock icon." He leveraged that glam-rock persona and popularity to produce albums for Lou Reed and Iggy Pop, before retiring the Stardust character in 1973. Bowie made his last appearance as his alter ego at a London show on July 3 of that year. At one point during the 18-song set, he told the audience, "Of all the shows on the tour, this particular show will remain with us the longest, because not only is it the last show of the tour, it’s the last show we’ll ever do.”

In 2004, the musician suffered chest pains while performing at a festival in Germany and collapsed backstage. While Bowie initially thought he pinched a nerve in his shoulder, the pain was later diagnosed as a clogged coronary artery and required emergency heart surgery. Rumors of his failing health persisted after the incident and his appearance was apparently cause for concern in 2012, when he was spotted in New York City looking like a "pale shadow of his former self," according to The Telegraph.
  much more and videos at link  RIP My friend.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 08:03:00 AM »

I almost forgot ... One of my favorite Christmas songs ...

Bing Crosby and David Bowie: "The Little Drummer Boy (Peace On Earth)"

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 12:18:12 PM »

Rest in peace, David.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 03:08:55 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U16Xg_rQZkA

MY personal FAV

David Bowie - Rebel Rebel

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 03:05:23 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/#!/unify/photos/a.517823741562555.122439.517818901563039/1099089686769288/?type=3&theater

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.