March 28, 2024, 05:14:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Grizzly Adams' star Dan Haggerty dead at 74  (Read 3860 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: January 15, 2016, 03:43:52 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/01/15/grizzly-adams-star-dan-haggerty-dead-at-74/

Published January 15, 2016

Dan Haggerty, best known for his role in "The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams," died Friday morning, his close friend and manager told FOX411. He was 74.

The '70s star died of cancer surrounded by his kids, his manager told us. Haggerty had been battling cancer.

"He had cancer and had been fighting... and he had a great Thanksgiving and a great Christmas, and he died with his kids around him and people who love him," his manager, Terry Bomar, said.

Bomar added he spoke to the star yesterday on the phone.

"He had fought a long hard battle with cancer of the spine that was discovered in August of this year," he stated. "He would light up any room he entered. He loved life, loved his family, loved his friends and fans. The last words I heard him say were 'I love you.'"

More on this...

Stars we've lost in 2016

Haggerty starred as the loveable mountain man first in the 1974 movie and later in the TV series by the same name. Haggerty's character, James Capen "Grizzly" Adams, was best friends with a grizzly bear in the 1977 show.

The show ran for two season on NBC, and Haggerty went on to guest star on several shows including "Charlie's Angels" and "CHiPs."

In more recent years, he had film roles in 2007's "Big Stan" and 2013's "Dead in 5 Heartbeats."

According to the International Movie Database, Haggerty had several films in post-production that are slated for release in 2016, such as "40 Nights" and "The Untold Story."

More...  

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 03:47:44 PM »

facebook http://www.chron.com/entertainment/tv/article/Grizzly-Adams-star-Dan-Haggerty-dead-at-74-6761245.php

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.