March 28, 2024, 06:30:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Eagles' Glenn Frey dead at 67  (Read 9862 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: January 19, 2016, 01:42:41 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 01:47:27 AM »

Updated 9:36 PM ET, Mon January 18, 2016

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/18/entertainment/glenn-frey-obit-feat/
video

(CNN)—Glenn Frey, a founding member of the rock band the Eagles, has died at 67, a publicist for the band has confirmed.

"Glenn fought a courageous battle for the past several weeks but, sadly, succumbed to complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis and pneumonia," reads a post on the band's official website.

Frey had been suffering from intestinal issues, which caused the postponement of the band's inclusion in the 2015 Kennedy Center Honors.

Frey and the other original members of the Eagles — Don Henley, Randy Meisner and Bernie Leadon -- came together to form singer Linda Ronstadt's backup band in the early 1970s.

"We are all in a state of shock, disbelief and profound sorrow," Henley said in a statement Monday. "I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet.

"It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it," Henley added. "But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some."

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 01:51:37 AM »

http://www.tmz.com/2016/01/18/glenn-frey-the-eagles-dead/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 01:53:17 AM »

https://www.google.com/search?q=glenn+frey&newwindow=1&biw=1496&bih=761&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiz_anRq7XKAhXOth4KHZNECSMQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=Vylg22JwB25T7M%3A

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 01:53:42 AM »

RIP My friend.......

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.