March 28, 2024, 04:52:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zachary Marr: 22yo, missing 2/13/16 Boston MA near Faneuil Hall  (Read 11398 times)
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« on: February 14, 2016, 08:37:47 PM »

Police looking for man last seen near a Boston bar
Published On: Feb 14 2016 01:38:05 PM EST
Updated On: Feb 14 2016 03:38:59 PM EST

Police say Zachary Marr, 22, of Harvard, was last seen Saturday at about 1:40 a.m. in the area of the Bell in Hand Tavern at 45 Union Street. Marr was wearing dark jeans, a blue sweatshirt and black sneakers.

http://m.wcvb.com/news/police-looking-for-man-last-seen-near-a-boston-bar/37991730
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 08:45:08 PM »

Police looking for missing 22-year-old last seen near Faneuil
Updated: Feb 14, 2016 - 6:34 PM

http://www.myfoxboston.com/news/police-looking-for-missing-22-year-old/82432895

His cousin said on Facebook that Marr wasn't wearing a coat when he stepped outside Saturday morning.

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 08:53:17 PM »

His cousin, Amanda Marr, posted about him being missing on Facebook. I can't seem to grab the text on my iPad.

https://m.facebook.com/amanda.michelle.1990/posts/10153648532512284?__tn__=%2As

It has been historically cold and he went out for a cigarette without a coat on... Hopefully he just ended up somewhere and is ok.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 10:05:51 AM »

His cousin, Amanda Marr, posted about him being missing on Facebook. I can't seem to grab the text on my iPad.

It has been historically cold and he went out for a cigarette without a coat on... Hopefully he just ended up somewhere and is ok.

From the facebook page above:

Amanda Marr with Zach Marr.

My cousin, Zach Marr, went missing last night around 1:50 a.m. He was last seen near Bell in Hand Tavern at the intersection of Hanover & Congress Street. He is 22 years old, about 5'9", and has blue eyes. He was wearing a long sleeve black button up with white vertical stripes and a charcoal grey pullover sweater. He had jeans on, but no coat. If anyone has any information please contact Boston Police at 1-(617) 343-4240. Thank you.
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 10:33:16 AM »

Sorry, I just read he went out to make a phone call not to have a cigarette.
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 10:36:34 AM »

Police looking for man last seen near a Boston bar
Published On: Feb 14 2016 01:38:05 PM EST
Updated On: Feb 15 2016 06:43:33 AM EST

The Marr family's nightmare started as a celebration. Matt Marr dropped his son off at the Littleton train station Friday.

"It's not often he's able to go into the city and have fun with his cousins," Matt Marr said. "They were celebrating his birthday. His birthday was on the 11th."

Not too long before closing time, Zachary Marr stepped outside the Bell in Hand bar in Boston to make a phone call. He sent a Snapchat photo to his cousins that he couldn't get back inside.

As the bar emptied out, Zachary Marr was nowhere to be found. His cousins kept calling.

"Then he tried it again and this is within a 4 or 5 minute span, it went right into voicemail," Matt Marr said.

http://m.wcvb.com/news/police-looking-for-man-last-seen-near-a-boston-bar/37991730
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 02:32:17 PM »

Interesting couple of comments under this post. I was concerned about the same thing.. I feel like this keeps happening in the city. But then again is it that it happens more because there are more people/bars/waterside or is something going on.

Police search for a man last seen outside downtown bar
By adamg on Sun, 02/14/2016 - 1:19pm

I think I know where he's
By mdecast on Sun, 02/14/2016 - 8:49pm
I think I know where he's leaning towards. There is some group of people that believe a serial killer is behind some of these disappearances which result in a body being found in the Charles. Not saying he is or isn't one of those people, but might be.

My first thoughts were that this story sounds too familiar. Drunk 20 something leaves a bar late at night in the cold and ends up in the Charles. It's happened a lot. Enough that the state and city is increasing the amount of surveillance along the banks of the river. A few security systems have been able to trace some of the last steps these individuals have taken, but nothing catches anyone actually getting in the water, in the cases I know most of.

I hope this isn't the case, I hope he's found safe and sound. I hate to hear of this crap whenever it happens.

Zach is NOT a reckless 20 something....
By Mike McNally (not verified) on Mon, 02/15/2016 - 3:47am
I know this family.

He was celebrating his birthday with a few friends and his cousin that night.

He works FULL TIME and goes to school FULL TIME and is extremely responsible. At most, he had 3 drinks and was NOT intoxicated. He stepped out for a quick smoke and when he was done, he went to open the door AND THEY REFUSED TO LET HIM IN.

This kid's coat was still inside and they wouldn't open the door for him, those POS employees. He called and texted his cousin inside to say what happened. They went outside 10 min later to find him completely vanished. No trace.

The friends and cousin NEVER left Boston and reported him immediately missing, as it was very unusual circumstance.

KNOW what you're talking about before writing stupid crap.

THIS kid was abducted, there was no way around it. He was lured, coaxed then abducted as he is somewhat gullible/innocent.

http://www.universalhub.com/2016/police-search-man-last-seen-outside-downtown-bar
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 06:40:06 PM »

Tavern says video shows missing Harvard man heading toward Surface Artery
Family hand out fliers throughout Boston
UPDATED 5:59 PM EST Feb 15, 2016

“None of us know Boston really,” said Jeremy Wuth, a cousin of Marr. “We’re all out from Leominster. We’re not here all the time. Anything could’ve happened.”

The bar released a statement Monday saying surveillance video showed Marr leaving the establishment at 1:20 a.m. “The video clearly shows that Zachary did not try to re-enter the Bell in Hand,” read the statement. “Other video has shown he was last seen in front of the garage heading towards Surface Artery.”

Bell in Hand Tavern said the video shows other customers leaving and re-entering after 1:20 a.m. and said Marr would not have been denied access.

Marr’s family said he has had his struggles, but he’s been working full-time, recently got promoted, and is also in school.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/tavern-says-video-shows-missing-harvard-man-heading-toward-surface-artery/38007938
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 06:55:56 PM »

New Images Released as Search for Missing 22-Year-Old Man Continues
Published at 12:03 PM EST on Feb 15, 2016

Amanda says they were hanging out at the Bell in Hand and just before 1:30 a.m. Marr stepped outside to smoke a cigarette, not grabbing his coat because it was in the coat check.

"He sent me a Snapchat saying they're not letting me back in let's leave," said Amanda, "I texted him and said where are you, and he said out front and that was at 1:41 a.m."

But when Amanda and her cousins grabbed their coats and got outside about ten minutes later they couldn't find him.

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/New-Images-Boston-Search-22-Year-Old-Zachary-Marr-Harvard-Massachusetts-368845361.html

« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 04:13:52 PM by Samantha » Logged
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 07:00:46 PM »

Man from central Mass. town goes missing in Boston
FEBRUARY 15, 2016

The beginning of the year already was difficult for the family. Zachary Marr’s paternal grandmother died in January from breast cancer, the family said. Marr helped care for her, and she lived near the family home.

“He was very, very close with our grandma,” Amanda Marr said. “They had a special relationship.”

The family had planned to clean out his grandmother’s apartment on the Saturday that Zachary went missing,Amanda Marr said. Later that evening Zachary’s birthday celebration would resume with cake at his father’s home.

She said they had a drink before leaving to go to the Bell in Hand about 10 p.m. She said Zachary Marr stepped out to smoke a cigarette several times.

At 1:30 a.m. Saturday, Zachary sent Marr a text that he was going out for a smoke, she said. About five minutes later, she said, he sent her a Snapchat saying that bar staff was not letting him back in.

During a brief text exchange Zachary told her he was “Out front.” At 1:50 a.m. Amanda Marr and the rest of the group made their way outside, but Zachary Marr was nowhere to be found, she said.

“I was trying to stay calm,” she said. “Maybe he went for a walk.”

Another cousin searched around the corner and found no sign of him.

Amanda said she figured Zachary might have spotted a friend or met a woman, but she thought she’d hear from him later that day.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/02/15/man-from-town-harvard-goes-missing-boston/oiJk05Q1wbh5qoMpnkmmPJ/story.html
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 07:03:43 PM »

Sorry for so many posts.. Just feel a connection because I am from the area and can picture this happening to anyone.. luckily with my friends, we/they mostly went outside in pairs. (I can't say every time, since I am not a smoker.. but from what I can remember.)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 04:01:08 AM »

Missing in Boston...not good.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2016, 03:32:19 PM »

Officials search Boston Harbor and Charles River for missing 22-year-old
2:08 pm Zachary Marr was last seen Saturday morning at the Bell in Hand tavern near Faneuil Hall.

Investigators are searching the waters of the Charles River and Boston Harbor in connection with missing 22-year-old Harvard, Massachusetts, man Zachary Marr.

Authorities have focused their attention on the waters around Boston’s North Station on the Charles River as the Boston police’s dive team searched near the Zakim Bridge, NECN reported.

Police told NECN that they received information that led them to undertake a search in this area.

“There’s no information to indicate foul play played a role,” Boston police spokesman Officer James Kenneally said in a related Boston Globe article. “We continue to seek the public’s help in an effort to locate Zach.”

http://touch.metro.us//boston/officials-search-boston-harbor-and-charles-river-for-missing-22-year-old-harvard-massachusetts-man/zsJpbq---8749yxIyRpHA/

Authorities search around the Charles River locks.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2016, 11:21:50 PM »

Video appears to show missing man enter water

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/02/23/boston-police-divers-search-for-missing-harvard-man/pLMo6ls3KrMVveRGYDQFDM/story.html

February 23, 2016

The recently discovered footage prompted a renewed search for Marr’s body Tuesday, as Boston and State Police dive teams scoured the water near the Charles River Dam. Marr, who was visiting Boston from the town of Harvard, was last seen outside the Bell in Hand Tavern near Faneuil Hall around 1:50 a.m. on Feb. 13.

“The video shows a male heading toward the water and disappearing,” said Boston Police Commissioner William Evans. “We believe that is him. It’s a sad case.”

Matthew Marr, Zachary’s father, said police recently contacted the family about the grim footage, which shows Marr on a walkway, and then walking on train tracks before he disappears into the water.

“Nothing is final, until it’s final,” Marr said. “The percentages have been getting thinner. And it’s thin now. But there’s always that 1 percent that you hold on to.”

Marr said he suspected that Zachary might have tried to swim in the river, or fell through the walkway.

“I just want him home. I just want to get closure,” Marr said. “I know that he probably won’t get home . . . but our floodlights will stay on anyway.”

Since 2009, at least nine bodies, mostly of young men, have been found in the water in the Boston area. They generally involved drugs or alcohol, while some were accidental drownings or suicides, law enforcement officials said.

“Many of these cases are clearly accidental, others are clearly suicides, and in some the evidence doesn’t point conclusively in one direction or another, but there are no signs of trauma or other indications of foul play,” said Jake Wark, spokesman for the Suffolk District Attorney’s Office.

“A relatively minuscule number, over the years, have been homicides,” said State Police spokesman David Procopio. “If there is any evidence to suggest a crime has been committed, we act accordingly. But that is usually not the case.”

In a recent five-year period, more than a dozen people who had fallen or jumped into water near the Tobin Bridge were saved thanks to passersby who witnessed the incidents and alerted authorities, Wark said.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2016, 02:26:02 PM »

Thanks Nut!

It's helpful to know that they have cameras around the area.

And that they hadn't found foul play on most of the cases of missing/found people in the water.
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2016, 07:34:33 PM »

Body found in Charles River identified as Zachary Marr
Published On: Mar 15 2016 06:00:22 PM EDT
Updated On: Mar 15 2016 07:27:24 PM EDT

A body found in the Charles River Tuesday is that of missing Harvard man Zachary Marr, state police said.

State police said a marine unit went to the river behind Leverett Circle by the Museum of Science for a report of body observed by two passerby on a walkway around 5:45 p.m.

The area is where state police have been searching for Marr since February.

http://m.wcvb.com/news/body-found-in-charles-river/38530942
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2016, 04:15:57 PM »

Very sad 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2016, 12:47:23 AM »

I just knew it   

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.