April 25, 2024, 07:49:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #19 - 6/23/05  (Read 298689 times)
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #160 on: June 23, 2005, 02:02:30 PM »

Quote from: "asdf"
Quote from: "kimi1230"
I felt sorry for Joran's mom when she talked with Greta...

Then this morning the talked with Matt on the Today Show and it was a different story.  I no longer feel sorry for that lady.

Did anyone else see her this morning?

No, do tell please.........

I didn't feel sorry for her one bit when I watched her interview.  I could sense SOMETHING was up her sleeve.  Too emotional and the father was too quiet.  Way too quiet.

Can someone give some details of this Today Show interview?  I can't access video with my slow connection.
CancunMole
Scared Monkey

« Reply #161 on: June 23, 2005, 02:02:46 PM »

Then this morning the talked with Matt on the Today Show and it was a different story.  I no longer feel sorry for that lady.

No, what was different?
medleyrelay
Scared Monkey

« Reply #162 on: June 23, 2005, 02:02:51 PM »

I am unable to play the interview with Anita on my computer - even though I did not see it - I am thinking that Matt Lauer is much more of a heavy hitter than Greta - Greta shows proper compasion and is very fair and has a much better approach to people like the VDS - Matt he probably is ticked cuz Greta scooped everyone and at this point the VDS who are not used to our crazy media frenzy - are not so willing to talk - can't blaim them!

Also where are these 7to8  people that Mr. Holloway talked about - I expected a gang arrest today - and the rumor is that there is a stalemate??
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #163 on: June 23, 2005, 02:03:08 PM »

Quote from: "floridamom"
That's what I'm wondering, when the Twittys showed up at the VDS home at midnight-ish on 5/30, were the VDS's already aware that Natalee was missing, or was this "news". It might be very insightful to know that. Thanks for the input. By the way, I grew up in Cahaba Heights, and my family still lives in B'ham, so I'm very interested in this case. Could've happened to almost any girl I knew in high school, including myself.

I don't think they knew Natalee was missing. The police didn't even know until the Twitty's contacted after they'd landed at 11 pm. They spent, what? the next two hours finding out Joran's name and address, contacted the police and drove there, arriving around 1 am and were there until about 4 am.

IF Joran were innocent in this and IF he did swim with Natalee and they both parted at the Marriott to walk home in separate directions, then THAT'S what he would have told her parents. IF he told them that, then he COULDN'T have told the police a different story about driving her to the H.I. because he definitely would have been busted.

That means he LIED the first time he was hit with the news she was missing -- when Natalee's mom and stepfather were at his house.

I think that means he's probably not the little angel his mother thinks he is.
And papa v.d. sloot? Somethings just not right there.
UGAmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #164 on: June 23, 2005, 02:03:48 PM »

I didn't feel sorry for her one bit when I watched her interview.  I could sense SOMETHING was up her sleeve.  Too emotional and the father was too quiet.  Way too quiet.

Maybe I'm too symphathetic, but I didn't see anything but a mom defending her child.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  ~
inthepacific
Scared Monkey

« Reply #165 on: June 23, 2005, 02:04:05 PM »

Quote from: "Compananzi"
Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "SunnyinTX"
Quote from: "PoorPaulaNNJ"
My feeling today upon hearing reduction of FBI agents was that they got/did what was needed. I don't see them leaving because of lack of interest or because public is not so interested. IMO

I do hope you are correct...however the FBI not  being allowed to 'do their job' it is also a reason for them to leave or at least reduce their staff.

I was very surprised to see the interview with the VDS's last night....I am amazed that their attorney would allow it.  I gotta tell you my heart went out to Mrs. VDS......she is a mother doing what any mother in this situation would do..she loves her son, trusts that he is telling the truth and standing by him..I would do the same things for my son.  It seems to me the only things the general public, us inclided, really knows is Natalee is missing and the 3 young men are presumably the last to see her....and in some way SG has some connection....or maybe he really doesn't....all the rumors and suppositions and theories are just that...I pray that Natalee will be found alive.....but I also pray for world peace...neither do I think either attainable in my lifetime though....I can not even begin to think that Natalee willingly had sex with 3 guys.....that's  pretty hard core IMO....my theory??  I honestly don't have one because there are so few facts that we actually know to be true...has JVS REALLY changed his story???  So it's been reported...but it was also reported that there was a confession and  the police were being led to where she was....???  When no information is giving it leaves the door open to theories and gossip....and there has sure been a lot of that..but also we have heard over and over that if information come out BEFORE a trial then that infoemation may not be used by the prosecution..I saw a retired Aruban police detective on the Abrams Report and was actually ill....he was so off the wall IMO, blaming Natalee...she ran away, the family needs to be looked into...yadda, yadda, yadda... my thought was that others seeing this would think as I I did  'this is representative of the Aruban Polis'....thank goodness he is retired!  I believe the Arbuan Polis messed up by letting the 3 go in the first place and I honestly do not believe they can ever recoup from that error. I have constantly been amazed that there is next to nothing on the news  about the brothers..... My heart goes out to Natalee's family....to all the families involved in this terrible situation....I call it a situation cause we don't know what it REALLY is...

Like nearly everyone on this board I have become 'attached' to the family in my heart....and my heart aches for them...but it also aches for Joren's mother...and no matter how this turns out.....she will forever carry this with her.....

As for the bickering, name calling and racial slurs being tossed around here lately...it's difficult for ME to read, and I have not been involved in it..... it is so senseless and hurtful....hopefully those involved will stop and allow this message baord to be a peaceful haven again.

Thanks

Nicely said Sunny... My heart also went out to Mrs VDS.. I think she was very sincere.. and not that I judge people.. the woman herself looked very haggered.. SHE even said they should of not been let go to begin with when they were questioned.. I found that very impressive on her part!

Wow you took the words out of my mouth.  I do have to differ on the retired polis, so called Elio Nicolaas... Yes he is miffed on the short interview, and he did say he wanted to have the parents also interviewed., with some  50 question he has to collaborate and get a feel for the situation.  I know many here say it s inconsequential that Nat or Hootie, is beyond question, and is the victim, so are all the MB student and family. Well, true investigation you need to question over and over all suspect or witnesses....Today in Aruba.com, there is a source saying FBI, wanted to interview the parents..is this why Beth Holloway Twitty could not accompany Greta Van Susteren to a second interview with the Van Sloots?   Anyway back to Elio, he was also I believe a high ranking official, maybe even Prime Minister of Aruba. I dunno this for sure tho.  

Let me just reitterate for all those who might quickly say the 3 suspect are  the murderer. ... again this based so far on MSM (main stream media, both Arubian and American equally froth with all kinda errors...and also sniplets of comments here there in cluded MB that were close there..).

1. No confession, none of the 3 have confessed to murder.  With assistance or observation of FBI, I think despite near Gitmo treatment 3 young men, never in trouble, have not 'cracked', because they are telling the truth.
2. These so called sniplets of suspect changing there stories, supposedly Deepak email, all this is either bogus or heresay.  Maybe the cops are trying to sow misinformation in there desperation to hang this on someone.  There is no coverup, there is not pin it on the White guy vs. the black guy.  Yes he was the last with Nat, but on the way to HI, a second story unfolded.
3. What the heck happened in CnC, Im still curious, I think this can shed light to the the mystery.  Yes Nat may have made a judgement error, but what if she did not?  Trust you feeling, she went with Joran, despite a near fist fight in CnC, despite all her 'good friends' that were right there!  Something strange happened before something Bad happened.
4. Oh the issue of 'Something Bad Happened, let me explain my view..
Police 1:  Natalee is still missing, you were the last to see her.  Where is she?
Joran: I left her on the beach, that is the last time I saw her.
Police 1: Your lying! You psycho where i s Natalee?
Joran: I don't Know, I don't know
Police 1: Well what you think happened with her?
Joran: I don't know, maybe something bad happened with her afterwards..

Five hours later Police 1, steps out, gets mugged from the American Press.

Press: Did the suspect confess?
Police: no.
Press: Did the suspect say where Natalee is?
Police: no
Press: What does the suspect think happened with Natalee.
Police:  I don't know, but I think he thinks something bad happened to Natalee.

AP press, Fox News: Suspect confesses, "Something Bad Happened" to Natalee.

Also lest not forget, major sophisticated MSM, report wrong info, remember the story of the suspect confessed, Natalee is dead, etc etc..we even had a web page here in memory of her.

5. I ve turned 180 degrees and now am focusing on alternative ending where Joran is telling the truth, and the Kalpoes as well. If that is the case my focus now possibly lies to SGC, SBF, and the Students hanging out till 5am at Holiday Inn.

I think you have a good point. Who is SGC and SBF?
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #166 on: June 23, 2005, 02:04:12 PM »

I have been very emotional myself when it comes to my son.. hes been in some trouble himself.. Stupid trouble to say the least.. and I have cryed my eyes out because of it.. and because I did.. didnt make him guilty.. its a mothers emotions over their child is all.. guilty or not...My son wasnt guily of anything other then being a teenage boy...AND was told this by professionals as well.. where I again I sat and cryed..!!
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #167 on: June 23, 2005, 02:04:26 PM »

Quote from: "HannieC"
CancunMole wrote:

I may be wrong but I don't think it is within the Dutch culture to seek media attention. If Greta and BHT hadn't approached them that 1st day, I'll bet the VdSs' wouldn't have approached the media. Hannie C, are you here to comment, I hope?

You`re absolutly right cancun, it isn`t near our culture to do such thing.
In the US everything is being played tru the media especially high profile cases, I think that`s also b/c of the jurysystem there. But here it isn`t that same way b/c we don`t have a jurysystem.

The 'jury' in this case is the American tourist, responsible for nearly 80% of Aruba's tourism revenue.

JVDS may well find himself safer in prison over the next 10-20 years than a walking target for anyone intent on seeing justice served.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #168 on: June 23, 2005, 02:05:56 PM »

I have a question do we have a timeline of the following hours all the way to the twittys showing up at VDS when JVDS was actually there at 3:30 am

This does have a point I swear. Please list what happened by time after 3am on the 30st- 3am 31st for JVDS and the brothers. The best you know it. This will tell an interesting tail i believe not to mention a couple of kids who were up for a long long time.
floridamom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #169 on: June 23, 2005, 02:05:57 PM »

Quote from: "writenow"
That's what I'm wondering, when the Twittys showed up at the VDS home at midnight-ish on 5/30, were the VDS's already aware that Natalee was missing, or was this "news". It might be very insightful to know that. Thanks for the input. By the way, I grew up in Cahaba Heights, and my family still lives in B'ham, so I'm very interested in this case. Could've happened to almost any girl I knew in high school, including myself.

I don't think they knew Natalee was missing. The police didn't even know until the Twitty's contacted after they'd landed at 11 pm. They spent, what? the next two hours finding out Joran's name and address, contacted the police and drove there, arriving around 1 am and were there until about 4 am.

IF Joran were innocent in this and IF he did swim with Natalee and they both parted at the Marriott to walk home in separate directions, then THAT'S what he would have told her parents. IF he told them that, then he COULDN'T have told the police a different story about driving her to the H.I. because he definitely would have been busted.

That means he LIED the first time he was hit with the news she was missing -- when Natalee's mom and stepfather were at his house.

I think that means he's probably not the little angel his mother thinks he is.
And papa v.d. sloot? Somethings just not right there.

That's what I'm thinking. If the boys were innocent, and news of the disappearance hadn't gotten out yet, they lied to cover up their involvement in a crime. All the lies!
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #170 on: June 23, 2005, 02:07:01 PM »

Quote from: "LostinTime"
Quote from: "absolut"
Quote from: "Michael22"
Quote from: "littletxlady"
I am really curious about these 7 or 8 people that are expected to be arrested soon. I keep hearing about the people but nothing you can bite your teeth into.  Up to 12 people involved and NO ONE talks? Sure tickles my brain. Any ideas monkeys?

yeah I keep hearing this
what the heck...how could it be so many people all at once

what the heck is it a gang or something..?

'the street gang of aruba that roams the beaches at night"

ugh

Lead by really tall 17 year old.

It's 'led' by, not 'lead'. . . unless you were implying a bad pun. (Apologies -- editorial pet peeve -- going back to lurking now.)
DivaToo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #171 on: June 23, 2005, 02:09:20 PM »

OK, I just watched the interview on MSNBC and she does come off in a more arrogant way, tho defending her son, she said he was questioned the first day, and should now be released b/c he has not broken under interrogation. So that kinda contradicts her statement to Greta that he should have been held the first day. She was not emotional like last night and says she cant understand why BHT feels like these 3 hold the key to her daughter vanishing. She also says more ppl saw Natalee that nite? Did I hear that right? Anywhoo, I understand her defending her son, but she's got a completely different attitude than she did w/ Greta

JMO

Matt the impeccable journalist should have asked her about all the story changes Rolling Eyes

Praying for Natalee's safe return & comfort for her family
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #172 on: June 23, 2005, 02:10:07 PM »

Quote from: "roxyluv"
Quote from: "DivaToo"
Quote from: "UGAmom"
I think she's (Mrs. VDS) finally decided that she needs to speak up to defend her son.
That 'taking the high road' and keeping quiet is not working.

I'm not saying he's not guilty (or guilty for that matter) just that being a mom, you can only take so much before you have to defend your child.

Exactly, I think Anita is a very, nice compassionate person.  After seeing them interviewed my opinion has toatally changed about them . They are good people and only want answers and whats best for their son.

Maybe Anita but Paulus, NAH
Did you see Greta's crew do a close up of all that sweat rolling down PapaSmurfs head? EEEWWW get a hanky , dude!

No I liked him too !!
They showed a lot of class, if someone was saying the stuff they are saying on the media about my son and my family. I don't think I would be as kind.

Natalee thought Joran was pretty charming, too. Bottom line: Narcissists can really turn on the charm, when they need to.
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #173 on: June 23, 2005, 02:10:32 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"

Can someone give some details of this Today Show interview?  I can't access video with my slow connection.

She came across as someone concealing a lot of information. That's the way she seemed to me. Like she was telling everyone what a wonderful son she had, but at the same time it was almost like she was mentally shoving down the fact that he was involved in this. She had very twitchy gestures, like she was trying to avoid her son's involvement. It just wasn't the passionate, firm, indignant maybe even angry attitude you would expect a mother to have if she REALLY believed her son was TOTALLY innocent. Mother's are very protective. But when they REALLY believe their child is innocent and wrongly accused, they are MAD. She wasn't like that.
Compananzi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #174 on: June 23, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »

In the first local TV show, about Natalee dissaperance most Arubians were dumbfounded, as if the message was not clear...see the poster..

http://www.geocities.com/dutch_on_aruba/nhposteraruba.jpg
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #175 on: June 23, 2005, 02:11:02 PM »

Quote from: "Professor"
I think she's (Mrs. VDS) finally decided that she needs to speak up to defend her son.
That 'taking the high road' and keeping quiet is not working.

I'm not saying he's not guilty (or guilty for that matter) just that being a mom, you can only take so much before you have to defend your child.

Exactly, I think Anita is a very, nice compassionate person.  After seeing them interviewed my opinion has toatally changed about them . They are good people and only want answers and whats best for their son.

Maybe Anita but Paulus, NAH
Did you see Greta's crew do a close up of all that sweat rolling down PapaSmurfs head? EEEWWW get a hanky , dude!

No I liked him too !!
They showed a lot of class, if someone was saying the stuff they are saying on the media about my son and my family. I don't think I would be as kind.

Natalee thought Joran was pretty charming, too. Bottom line: Narcissists can really turn on the charm, when they need to.

I am pretty sure we don't know what Natalee thought.
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #176 on: June 23, 2005, 02:11:14 PM »

Scott wrote:

The 'jury' in this case is the American tourist, responsible for nearly 80% of Aruba's tourism revenue.
JVDS may well find himself safer in prison over the next 10-20 years than a walking target for anyone intent on seeing justice served.

So b/c the 'american tourist'  is responsible for tourism on aruba, that gives them the right to prosecute and sentence a boy with them selfs
even without any prove or something? Sounds like taking the rights in your own hands! We don`t live in the middleages anymore fyi!!

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
kirbysquirrel
Scared Monkey

« Reply #177 on: June 23, 2005, 02:12:05 PM »

Thanks for allowing me to express my thoughts on this.  Yes, I can imagine there is an odor from all of that garbage in that pond area.  It will be interesting to see what they do find in there that is not related to this case at all!

I am glad that the folks there are not able to see the televised casts of Fox, there.  I would be disappointed for the locals who are truly trying to help to see some of what is shown.

And personally, if I had done something really bad, my mother WOULD be the very one I would tell the truth to.  There is no way I could look her in the eye and see that much hurt and continue to lie to her.  I would have to be a true sociopath to continue to hurt someone that much.

Gotta run for a while but I will continue to keep reading your thoughts and hoping this resolves, soon.

You have to be nuts to love a squirrel.
Kirby
puggywug
Scared Monkey

« Reply #178 on: June 23, 2005, 02:12:14 PM »

Maybe I'm too symphathetic, but I didn't see anything but a mom defending her child.

I agree, I didn't think she was anything but composed and even-toned.  Matt Lauer wasn't rude, either.  It was just one more interview that gave us NO more information than we already know.

A Pug in a monkey Suit!
asdf
Scared Monkey

« Reply #179 on: June 23, 2005, 02:13:09 PM »

OK, I just watched the interview on MSNBC and she does come off in a more arrogant way, tho defending her son, she said he was questioned the first day, and should now be released b/c he has not broken under interrogation. So that kinda contradicts her statement to Greta that he should have been held the first day. She was not emotional like last night and says she cant understand why BHT feels like these 3 hold the key to her daughter vanishing. She also says more ppl saw Natalee that nite? Did I hear that right? Anywhoo, I understand her defending her son, but she's got a completely different attitude than she did w/ Greta

JMO

Matt the impeccable journalist should have asked her about all the story changes Rolling Eyes

Yep and Matt didn't question her nearly as much as Greta.  I think she is covering something up.  It's almost like she was about to say, "my son feels guilty for what he has done"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.