March 28, 2024, 07:40:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #19 - 6/23/05  (Read 298116 times)
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2005, 01:30:06 PM »

Quote from: "SunnyinTX"
Quote from: "PoorPaulaNNJ"
My feeling today upon hearing reduction of FBI agents was that they got/did what was needed. I don't see them leaving because of lack of interest or because public is not so interested. IMO

I do hope you are correct...however the FBI not  being allowed to 'do their job' it is also a reason for them to leave or at least reduce their staff.

I was very surprised to see the interview with the VDS's last night....I am amazed that their attorney would allow it.  I gotta tell you my heart went out to Mrs. VDS......she is a mother doing what any mother in this situation would do..she loves her son, trusts that he is telling the truth and standing by him..I would do the same things for my son.  It seems to me the only things the general public, us inclided, really knows is Natalee is missing and the 3 young men are presumably the last to see her....and in some way SG has some connection....or maybe he really doesn't....all the rumors and suppositions and theories are just that...I pray that Natalee will be found alive.....but I also pray for world peace...neither do I think either attainable in my lifetime though....I can not even begin to think that Natalee willingly had sex with 3 guys.....that's  pretty hard core IMO....my theory??  I honestly don't have one because there are so few facts that we actually know to be true...has JVS REALLY changed his story???  So it's been reported...but it was also reported that there was a confession and  the police were being led to where she was....???  When no information is giving it leaves the door open to theories and gossip....and there has sure been a lot of that..but also we have heard over and over that if information come out BEFORE a trial then that infoemation may not be used by the prosecution..I saw a retired Aruban police detective on the Abrams Report and was actually ill....he was so off the wall IMO, blaming Natalee...she ran away, the family needs to be looked into...yadda, yadda, yadda... my thought was that others seeing this would think as I I did  'this is representative of the Aruban Polis'....thank goodness he is retired!  I believe the Arbuan Polis messed up by letting the 3 go in the first place and I honestly do not believe they can ever recoup from that error. I have constantly been amazed that there is next to nothing on the news  about the brothers..... My heart goes out to Natalee's family....to all the families involved in this terrible situation....I call it a situation cause we don't know what it REALLY is...

Like nearly everyone on this board I have become 'attached' to the family in my heart....and my heart aches for them...but it also aches for Joren's mother...and no matter how this turns out.....she will forever carry this with her.....

As for the bickering, name calling and racial slurs being tossed around here lately...it's difficult for ME to read, and I have not been involved in it..... it is so senseless and hurtful....hopefully those involved will stop and allow this message baord to be a peaceful haven again.

Thanks

Nicely said Sunny... My heart also went out to Mrs VDS.. I think she was very sincere.. and not that I judge people.. the woman herself looked very haggered.. SHE even said they should of not been let go to begin with when they were questioned.. I found that very impressive on her part!
Lausa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2005, 01:30:46 PM »

Has any info about Lorenzo van Rinj surfaced?  (Besides the original rumors of his being offshoot of van der Sloot, crazy, etc.)

Seems like his name came up and then --- nothing!
asdf
Scared Monkey

« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2005, 01:31:11 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "SunnyinTX"
Quote from: "PoorPaulaNNJ"
My feeling today upon hearing reduction of FBI agents was that they got/did what was needed. I don't see them leaving because of lack of interest or because public is not so interested. IMO

I do hope you are correct...however the FBI not  being allowed to 'do their job' it is also a reason for them to leave or at least reduce their staff.

I was very surprised to see the interview with the VDS's last night....I am amazed that their attorney would allow it.  I gotta tell you my heart went out to Mrs. VDS......she is a mother doing what any mother in this situation would do..she loves her son, trusts that he is telling the truth and standing by him..I would do the same things for my son.  It seems to me the only things the general public, us inclided, really knows is Natalee is missing and the 3 young men are presumably the last to see her....and in some way SG has some connection....or maybe he really doesn't....all the rumors and suppositions and theories are just that...I pray that Natalee will be found alive.....but I also pray for world peace...neither do I think either attainable in my lifetime though....I can not even begin to think that Natalee willingly had sex with 3 guys.....that's  pretty hard core IMO....my theory??  I honestly don't have one because there are so few facts that we actually know to be true...has JVS REALLY changed his story???  So it's been reported...but it was also reported that there was a confession and  the police were being led to where she was....???  When no information is giving it leaves the door open to theories and gossip....and there has sure been a lot of that..but also we have heard over and over that if information come out BEFORE a trial then that infoemation may not be used by the prosecution..I saw a retired Aruban police detective on the Abrams Report and was actually ill....he was so off the wall IMO, blaming Natalee...she ran away, the family needs to be looked into...yadda, yadda, yadda... my thought was that others seeing this would think as I I did  'this is representative of the Aruban Polis'....thank goodness he is retired!  I believe the Arbuan Polis messed up by letting the 3 go in the first place and I honestly do not believe they can ever recoup from that error. I have constantly been amazed that there is next to nothing on the news  about the brothers..... My heart goes out to Natalee's family....to all the families involved in this terrible situation....I call it a situation cause we don't know what it REALLY is...

Like nearly everyone on this board I have become 'attached' to the family in my heart....and my heart aches for them...but it also aches for Joren's mother...and no matter how this turns out.....she will forever carry this with her.....

As for the bickering, name calling and racial slurs being tossed around here lately...it's difficult for ME to read, and I have not been involved in it..... it is so senseless and hurtful....hopefully those involved will stop and allow this message baord to be a peaceful haven again.

Thanks

Nicely said Sunny... My heart also went out to Mrs VDS.. I think she was very sincere.. and not that I judge people.. the woman herself looked very haggered.. SHE even said they should of not been let go to begin with when they were questioned.. I found that very impressive on her part!

I think she knows more than she is telling.
bgcntry72
Scared Monkey

« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2005, 01:33:07 PM »

Quote from: "nikkibnurse"
You know people? It was an IDEA..a THOUGHT ...it wasnt something to be torn apart, ripped to shreads...It wasnt something to have all of you sarcastic ass-licks degrade....It was something to ponder, as are almost every other post on this board...I dont know who died and made you, BIGCOUNTRY , and everyone who stands in agreement with this loser, the end all be all of everything....Cant you be open minded enough to a fawking IDEA???

Got Whine?
Loser...Troll...Whatever...
You had an idea, it was stupid, and you were called on it.
I forgot it halfway through my side-salad.
Grow up.

I tell the voices in your head what to say.
Michael22
Scared Monkey

« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2005, 01:33:28 PM »

Quote from: "Professor"
"We won't be fooled again" is not GWB. It's Pete Townsend.

wait.......Who.?
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2005, 01:33:52 PM »

Quote from: "kirbysquirrel"
Not a troll.  Just reading and not posting.  Got bitten the other day for being new and chose to stay away after that.

Hi, Rob.  Thought your info about security was interesting.  Having them *69 was very thought-provoking.

Never claimed to be psychic and surely due to watching too much Fox,  had a very bizarre dream last night regarding this subject.  Scared me how realistic our thoughts can be.  I guess I went to sleep thinking of that area near JVDS' home with the pond that had not been searched.  That would have been one of the areas I would have thought they would have looked very early on due to proximity, ravine, water and discarded items.  Very common discard area being used by someone and surely JVDS would have been familiar with it.  Other locals would be, too, I would think.  Wonder why no one had checked that before, now? Including family.

I am very much in support of the family, but being from the South, I know that southern attitude when I see it, and I was very much surprised at Mr. Twitty's attitude when being interviewed by Greta last night.  I can surely see their frustration, fatigue, worry, etc. but if he and his friends had come into my yard at 3am with that same attitude, I would have been defensive as well.  I found him to be very different in his approach than Mr. Twitty and Mr. Holloway have been on the occasions I have seen them being interviewed and Mrs. Twitty's approach to the locals.  I am sure she has her own frustrations and negativisms, too, but I think she realizes the importance of "catching more flies with honey" and I personally think putting Mr. Twitty on TV is not going to help them get encourage any of the locals to get more involved or those required to offer anymore than is necessary.

Let's just keep thinking of Elizabeth Smart and that she DID come home.

About that area near the house with the pond and dump area.  I COULD HAVE HEARD THIS WRONG as I was interrupted when that report was on last night.  BUT, did anyone hear them say there was a "smell" coming from that area?  Again, I could be way off base on what was said...but, thought I'd ask if anyone else heard that comment?
UGAmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2005, 01:34:04 PM »

I think she's (Mrs. VDS) finally decided that she needs to speak up to defend her son.
That 'taking the high road' and keeping quiet is not working.

I'm not saying he's not guilty (or guilty for that matter) just that being a mom, you can only take so much before you have to defend your child.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  ~
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2005, 01:34:04 PM »

I am really curious about these 7 or 8 people that are expected to be arrested soon. I keep hearing about the people but nothing you can bite your teeth into.  Up to 12 people involved and NO ONE talks? Sure tickles my brain. Any ideas monkeys?

Joran is truly EVIL

Casey's only truthful statement:  "Well...maybe I'm a spiteful bitch"

God Don't Like Ugly
CancunMole
Scared Monkey

« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2005, 01:34:09 PM »

Quote from: "LostinTime"
Quote from: "CancunMole"
Quote from: "Yellow Ribbon"
trimmer wrote:
This was posted on Riehl today.

This is what the latest we got from a reporter who is known on the island to get confidential info from his friends in the police department.
1. All three guys agreed they left JVDS and NH near the Marriot on that night.
2. JVDS testified that he and NH went for a swim and after that whey walked bak to the hotel, where he walked home and NH to Holiday Inn, which is just a few 100 meters away. Easiest if you walk on the beach, there is a walkway connecting all hotels from the beach area. He insists he left her there.
3. The DJ was suspected because he told an friend erlier that he was asked to use his boat (not the TATTOO) but a smaller vessel to dump something in the sea. That's why when inteviewed he said that he saw the guys leaving the girl at the HI, but when this story came apart, they arrested him the next day.

Has anyone heard any details on the possibility of #3. Where is this boat? Was it searched? If the above is true, how could they not seize the boat? We've heard when the police have seized other things but I have not seen anything about this "smaller vessel."

This is the first I've heard about #3, Is this being stated as factual, any idea where this originated..

Got your point....I'm a blond give me a break

So sorry. Didn't realize it would print so large......
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2005, 01:34:12 PM »

Absolut,

As the crow flies, aren't you about 40 miles west of a mess instead of 60? Was in the Harper's Ferry area last year. Beautiful area.

But I digress...
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2005, 01:34:50 PM »

Not a troll.  Just reading and not posting.  Got bitten the other day for being new and chose to stay away after that.

Hi, Rob.  Thought your info about security was interesting.  Having them *69 was very thought-provoking.

Never claimed to be psychic and surely due to watching too much Fox,  had a very bizarre dream last night regarding this subject.  Scared me how realistic our thoughts can be.  I guess I went to sleep thinking of that area near JVDS' home with the pond that had not been searched.  That would have been one of the areas I would have thought they would have looked very early on due to proximity, ravine, water and discarded items.  Very common discard area being used by someone and surely JVDS would have been familiar with it.  Other locals would be, too, I would think.  Wonder why no one had checked that before, now? Including family.

I am very much in support of the family, but being from the South, I know that southern attitude when I see it, and I was very much surprised at Mr. Twitty's attitude when being interviewed by Greta last night.  I can surely see their frustration, fatigue, worry, etc. but if he and his friends had come into my yard at 3am with that same attitude, I would have been defensive as well.  I found him to be very different in his approach than Mr. Twitty and Mr. Holloway have been on the occasions I have seen them being interviewed and Mrs. Twitty's approach to the locals.  I am sure she has her own frustrations and negativisms, too, but I think she realizes the importance of "catching more flies with honey" and I personally think putting Mr. Twitty on TV is not going to help them get encourage any of the locals to get more involved or those required to offer anymore than is necessary.

The Arubans don't get Fox so they won't see his interview.

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2005, 01:35:11 PM »

Quote from: "bgcntry72"
quote="mia"]
ya know, i was thinking..you can get a chip to be implanted to track your pets, why cant someone get something like that for their kids??It doesnt have to be implanted ,per se, but something that has to be worn, etc..I mean, come on..we need to invent SOMETHING that can help us locate kids when they just cannot be found...just my thoughts....

That's something to Ponder

Yea, ponder this...maybe that is why it is all happening...to make you think you need to chip your kids...and that you need big brother to protect you from the bad guys...then eventually you have to chipped in order to work, to buy, or to sell...666

You know people? It was an IDEA..a THOUGHT ...it wasnt something to be torn apart, ripped to shreads...It wasnt something to have all of you sarcastic ass-licks degrade....It was something to ponder, as are almost every other post on this board...I dont know who died and made you, BIGCOUNTRY , and everyone who stands in agreement with this loser, the end all be all of everything....Cant you be open minded enough to a fawking IDEA???

Got Whine?
Loser...Troll...Whatever...
You had an idea, it was stupid, and you were called on it.
I forgot it halfway through my side-salad.
Grow up.[/quote]

So you missed the post about being a guest in someone else' house?
inthepacific
Scared Monkey

« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2005, 01:35:29 PM »

Quote from: "Michael22"
Quote from: "Professor"
"We won't be fooled again" is not GWB. It's Pete Townsend.

wait.......Who.?

Gearge W. Bush
AZsunny
Scared Monkey

« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2005, 01:35:49 PM »

Quote from: "Yellow Ribbon"
trimmer wrote:
This was posted on Riehl today.

This is what the latest we got from a reporter who is known on the island to get confidential info from his friends in the police department.
1. All three guys agreed they left JVDS and NH near the Marriot on that night.
2. JVDS testified that he and NH went for a swim and after that whey walked bak to the hotel, where he walked home and NH to Holiday Inn, which is just a few 100 meters away. Easiest if you walk on the beach, there is a walkway connecting all hotels from the beach area. He insists he left her there.

Assuming that this may have happened,  can anyone remember which hotel had a security video showing a girl walking on the beach by herself that night?  could that have been Natalee walking back to her hotel?  I am not sure which hotel reported that.  I wonder if it is logical location.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2005, 01:37:04 PM »

Quote from: "writenow"
Absolut,

As the crow flies, aren't you about 40 miles west of a mess instead of 60? Was in the Harper's Ferry area last year. Beautiful area.

But I digress...

Its 54 miles from my house to Mclean while riding the Mustang from the ford stable. Tried the crows approach to commuting, took too many to get us off the ground the car is heavy.
xcptnl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2005, 01:37:07 PM »

I thought the same thing when he was being interviewed.  THe part about going into the school and hanging up posters.  I am surprised they were not kicked out.  There is not a school in the USA that would allow people just to walk in and start asking if a student is there.  I realize their frustration and anger.  But I am telling you - if my daughter was involved in something and I had no knowledge of it and a bunch of strangers came to my house in the middle of the night and started questioning me - I would call the the authorities.  

Now, having said all that I truly feel for her family and understand the frustration anger, etc.  I do believe Jorans mother said we both have pain, but I know where my son is and she does not know where her daughter is - I in no way thought she was trying to say her suffering was the same or worse, in fact I thought she was trying to point out that their was less.  I watched that interview and when it was over I had much more respect for her - I thought she showed much empathy for what was going on.  Just my thoughts for the day.
jlspence
Scared Monkey

« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2005, 01:37:19 PM »

Quote from: "Chicago_510"

I remember seeing something a while ago about the police seaching boats.  Maybe the police already looked into the boat.  Remember, the police probably know a lot more that they are telling us.  We, as Americans, are not used to the way other countries handle their investigations.

Not sure if this is realted, I can't understand what the article says, but find the story on this page that says "Polis ta controla tur yate na Bucuti Yacht Club."  Can someone translate?

http://www.geocities.com/proud_college_republican/

The title translates as something like:  Police are controlling all yachts at Bucati Yacht Club.

Polis ta controla tur yate na Bucuti Yacht Club
Yellow Ribbon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2005, 01:37:20 PM »

Quote from: "floridamom"
I'm copying my earlier post here. Has this been discussed already? I'm very curious about this.

"Hi all! Apologies if this has been discussed. I have been wondering at what time did the news of Natalee's disappearance become "news" on the island? I ask this because if the boys were innocent, but had heard of the disappearance, it might have scared them into making up a story to cover themselves, even though they didn't know what happened to her (unlikely, but possible). If, however, their "story" was put together and they were questioned before her disappearance became common knowledge, that to me indicates some definite culpability.

Has anyone figured out that order of events? Thanks!"

It was pretty quick. Word started to spread around here before it appeared in the Birmingham News or on local TV. I went on line and found some local newspapers in Aruba that had Natalee's picture up. I do not remember the timeline but I found out either 5-31 or 6-1 and started looking then. Natalee's mom and step dad were in Aruba the night of 5-30 so they may have been on the island and at the VDS house before the newspapers, etc. picked up the story. Maybe that will help you get started.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2005, 01:37:28 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"

About that area near the house with the pond and dump area.  I COULD HAVE HEARD THIS WRONG as I was interrupted when that report was on last night.  BUT, did anyone hear them say there was a "smell" coming from that area?  Again, I could be way off base on what was said...but, thought I'd ask if anyone else heard that comment?

I heard the same thing also Nancy.. but also there is alot of garbage near the pond as well.. I cant get over that it hadnt been searched prior.. what BS.....!!!  SO.. you heard right!
BlueBob
Scared Monkey

« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2005, 01:38:01 PM »

Read yesterday that Kerin in Tx posted one of her students was missing in Mexico. . .j/w if everything is okay??
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.