March 28, 2024, 05:22:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #19 - 6/23/05  (Read 298098 times)
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #880 on: June 23, 2005, 05:40:25 PM »

chloe2 wrote:

Anita van der Sloot insisted her husband had done nothing wrong and said Aruban authorities had arrested him because they were under pressure from the U.S. government and the news media to produce results.

"My husband is a man of integrity who has been working in the justice system 15 years and was taken without evidence," she said. "How can this happen? This is not about Natalee anymore. It's about enormous pressure from the states and the media."

I have to agree on that, they are so focused on all persons involved I really think it`s because the pressure of the media, i sure don`t hope they ignore other leads or the possiblility that other people are involved.

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #881 on: June 23, 2005, 05:40:54 PM »

Quote from: "chloe2"
Nancy_Drew - -sorry, I saw some discussion about a press conference and an aunt -- your name is the only one I recall -- can you post again what / when this press conference is? thanks

Yes, 6pm ET press conference by Marsha Twitty.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #882 on: June 23, 2005, 05:40:56 PM »

Quote from: "heavyheart"
Please remember, in all this "excitement," there is still a young woman missing and family and friends who are devastated by the events, which took place on 5/30.  

I'll be the first one to demand justice but right now all the family wants is their daughter back.

Isn't that where this investigation is leading? I'm puzzled by your reaction.  I don't think anyone here is demanding justice--we'll leave that to the legal system--but we are following an investigation that we believe will lead to Natalee.  That's the whole point. Arrow

BRING NATALEE HOME
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #883 on: June 23, 2005, 05:42:03 PM »

Quote from: "HannieC"
chloe2 wrote:

Anita van der Sloot insisted her husband had done nothing wrong and said Aruban authorities had arrested him because they were under pressure from the U.S. government and the news media to produce results.

"My husband is a man of integrity who has been working in the justice system 15 years and was taken without evidence," she said. "How can this happen? This is not about Natalee anymore. It's about enormous pressure from the states and the media."

I have to agree on that, they are so focused on all persons involved I really think it`s because the pressure of the media, i sure don`t hope they ignore other leads or the possiblility that other people are involved.

Remember to consider the source.  She lives in Anita-land.

BRING NATALEE HOME
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #884 on: June 23, 2005, 05:42:07 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
And since he can't testify against his son...the speculation is his arrest may well be for being further involved.

It's interesting their law goes past the marital law we have it extends to the family.

nancy do you have a link for that? i also believe i read something about not having to self-incriminate

The state of the condition insults my intuition
Juvenal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #885 on: June 23, 2005, 05:42:39 PM »

from the msnbc article:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8290302/

Nice. Blame it on the U.S. A familiar MO as of late what with Guantanamo, Abu Ghraib, etc.

None of these people (Joran, Paul, Gitmo detainees, Saddam Hussein, etc.) did anything wrong. It's just the sadistic cowboys from the United States love to interrogate or torture people for no reason.

This is nothing but a media ploy, and it's beneath contempt.
Brenda
Scared Monkey

« Reply #886 on: June 23, 2005, 05:43:13 PM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
Quote from: "KackyLacky"
Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Quote from: "nikkibnurse"
more "breaking news" from fox....

Do you guys feel sorry for mama VDS, or do yall think she's covering up crap too?
Just curious for your thoughts....

I honestly think the woman is so confused at this point that she doesn't know what to think.

I do feel for her in a way, I don't think she really has any idea what her son and husband is capable of. I think she suspects something, because she made the comments last pm about why didn't LE pick up her son and the bros as soon as Natalee went missing. But I don't think she knows the details. Mr. VDS was probably scared if he told her, she would melt down, however, I think she is close not to that.

Past entries or reports have described her at "out there."  She is a self-described "spiritual" person.  She teaches art.  She's in denial about her little boy's behavior.  The fact that she refers to him as "good boy" is telling.  The poor woman is well-meaning but out of touch with reality.  She just doesn't get it and lives in "Anita-world" where everything operates according to her reality.  When the real world intrudes, like the past couple weeks, it's confusing and puzzling to her.  I've known people like her--we all have--and she's not involved in this.

Other than obviously being a crappy mother who didn't care where/what her kids were......I don't think she is personally responsible...

HOWEVER, exactly how many searches for Natalee did she and her family participate in??????

I have never heard of her doing anything helpful - only heard of her endlessly being quoted as saying her sonny boy was "perfect"....

lack of doing something/anything is just as telling.....

God give me the serenity to accept things I cannot change...Courage to change things I can change.... And the wisdom to know the difference....
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #887 on: June 23, 2005, 05:44:13 PM »

Quote from: "mojo"
And since he can't testify against his son...the speculation is his arrest may well be for being further involved.

It's interesting their law goes past the marital law we have it extends to the family.

nancy do you have a link for that? i also believe i read something about not having to self-incriminate

It was an interview a few minutes ago on Fox with Gibson...they'll probably repeat it and will have a transcript up at some point.
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #888 on: June 23, 2005, 05:44:15 PM »

Quote from: "Juvenal"

from the msnbc article:

Nice. Blame it on the U.S. A familiar MO as of late what with Guantanamo, Abu Ghraib, etc.

None of these people (Joran, Paul, Gitmo detainees, Saddam Hussein, etc.) did anything wrong. It's just the sadistic cowboys from the United States love to interrogate or torture people for no reason.

YEAH, ITS ALL BUSH'S FAULT! BUSH KILLED NATALEE! Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
monkeysMOO
Scared Monkey

« Reply #889 on: June 23, 2005, 05:45:18 PM »

My thoughts on the reason for Natalee's aunt holding the press conference instead of BHT...

Paul VDS is being interrogated now, and possibly LE is trying to cross reference the statements made to Greta and BHT with the interrogation.  The cameras were turned off for the 90-minute interview with BHT and Mr. and Mrs. VDS.  Therefore, the police may have BHT on hand to answer questions and/or corroborate statements made by PVDS that cannot be verified except by persons present during that interview.

Just a theory...

O give me a home, where the primates all roam, to opine in the cyber melee!
neworleansbigeasy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #890 on: June 23, 2005, 05:46:29 PM »

so what is the deal in Aruba? The mother or father can't testify against the son? I am soooo frustrated that they won't let the FBI (unless I am wrong)  interrogate these guys and get them to break.
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #891 on: June 23, 2005, 05:46:35 PM »

PM'S have been disabled on this board. I wonder why?
Teo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #892 on: June 23, 2005, 05:46:36 PM »

Nancy_Drew - -sorry, I saw some discussion about a press conference and an aunt -- your name is the only one I recall -- can you post again what / when this press conference is? thanks

By the way..is that PRESS conference going to be hold on ARUBA? of some other american media? like CNN or FOX?

PLEASE WANNA KNOW...or is it a press conference on Top 95??

They are just playing music at this time

Teo

You can always listen to different Arubian Radio stations at http://www.arubadag.com so tune in and be informed at the spot
Juvenal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #893 on: June 23, 2005, 05:46:51 PM »

Quote from: "inspector_detector"
Quote from: "Juvenal"

from the msnbc article:

YEAH, ITS ALL BUSH'S FAULT! BUSH KILLED NATALEE! Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Oh! and Texas cowboys are already preparing to invade Aruba with their horses! Eeeeeeeeek! Help! Torturing Yankee cowboys! Help!!!
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #894 on: June 23, 2005, 05:46:54 PM »

Wonder where all the Aruban locals are? I'm surprised none have shown up.
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #895 on: June 23, 2005, 05:47:07 PM »

Quote from: "wwizard"
This is beginning to sound like a typical night at the Kennedy compound.

Shocked

Too true to be funny.
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #896 on: June 23, 2005, 05:47:37 PM »

With Fox News unavailable in Aruba, I believe the unaware PVDS was effectively ambushed by the savvy Greta van Susteren, a seasoned prosecutor who, in her subtle stealth-like manner, ripped the case wide open.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #897 on: June 23, 2005, 05:47:48 PM »

Quote from: "Teo"

By the way..is that PRESS conference going to be hold on ARUBA? of some other american media? like CNN or FOX?

PLEASE WANNA KNOW...or is it a press conference on Top 95??

They are just playing music at this time

Teo

Not sure about Aruba....will be broadcast on MSM...
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #898 on: June 23, 2005, 05:47:55 PM »

Quote from: "Brenda"

Other than obviously being a crappy mother who didn't care where/what her kids were......I don't think she is personally responsible...
HOWEVER, exactly how many searches for Natalee did she and her family participate in??????
I have never heard of her doing anything helpful - only heard of her endlessly being quoted as saying her sonny boy was "perfect"....
lack of doing something/anything is just as telling.....

Telling of what?  Are you implying that she is covering up for the son and father and knows what happened?  I really doubt it.  Listening to her pour her heart out to Greta was revealing.  It showed she is oblivious to the reality around her.  They would never have confided in her.  She would have marched into the police and told on them immediately.  That's her reality and it bears no resemblance to the real world.

BRING NATALEE HOME
LilOrphan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #899 on: June 23, 2005, 05:48:28 PM »

Quote from: "AZLady"

Past entries or reports have described her at "out there."  She is a self-described "spiritual" person.  She teaches art.  She's in denial about her little boy's behavior.  The fact that she refers to him as "good boy" is telling.  The poor woman is well-meaning but out of touch with reality.  She just doesn't get it and lives in "Anita-world" where everything operates according to her reality.  When the real world intrudes, like the past couple weeks, it's confusing and puzzling to her.  I've known people like her--we all have--and she's not involved in this.

Wow, what a backhanded compliment. Judgmental, much?  I missed the memo that stated being "spiritual" and an art teacher somehow makes someone less of a human being than you.  Here's a newsflash -- we don't know these people. Any of them. We may sit on our perches (some with sceptors in hand, apparently) and pass judgments on them, but that doesn't make them real.   I mean, do you and Brenda actually hear
yourselves?

Try some kindness and real compassion, lady. It does wonders for the soul.[/b]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.