March 28, 2024, 04:21:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #19 - 6/23/05  (Read 298111 times)
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1200 on: June 23, 2005, 07:17:13 PM »

Quote from: "tuberide"
Quote from: "Brenda"
Quote from: "RB"
I understand that the parents want her home, but I don't think it helps when you put phonenumbers of relatives here. I don't know if you have kids yourself, but sometimes not the whole family knows what their son/brother or grandson is doing all the time. When they grow up you've got to let go and let them make their own decisions. So at their age, as a parent you do not know all the time what they are doing. I still feel you are full of anger. and I can understand, but it costs so much energy that you could use for positive things. And I sound like a psychologist or whatever the name is, and I'm not.Cool

If phone numbers are contained in any post, that post will be edited to remove them.  If you want a phone number, the good folks at Yahoo or Switchboard.com can help you out. Smile

I have zero - repeat zero - phone numbers in posts.  I did that ONE time, had it pointed out that phone numbers are not fair game - but links to them was fair game  -  and have ONLY put links online ONE TIME SINCE, it was today and only after comments from Arubagirl - and only after she went off misquoting me terribly.

I own up to being in the wrong about having put the actual contact addresses, including phone numbers - but do not accept responsibility for fairy tales told by ARubagirl.

you are narcisisisistic Evil or Very Mad

Enough already.
ripple20
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1201 on: June 23, 2005, 07:17:41 PM »

according to MSNBC article
ORANJESTAD, Aruba - The mother of the Dutch teen being detained in connection with the disappearance of an Alabama high school graduate said Thursday that her son changed the story he initially gave police and now admits to being alone with Natalee Holloway on a beach. Anita van der Sloot made the disclosure hours after her husband also was arrested on "suspicion that he was involved in the disappearance" of Holloway, authorities said.

advertisement
Joran van der Sloot, 17, and friends Deepak Kalpoe, 21, and Satish Kalpoe, 18, were arrested 10 days after Holloway disappeared. They first told police that they dropped off Holloway at the Holiday Inn where she was staying.

But Joran's mother, Anita van der Sloot, told The Associated Press on Thursday that her son now says the story is not true, that he and Holloway, 18, were in fact alone together on the beach. But he insisted that he left her there and that she was OK when he left, van der Sloot said.

"He says, 'Mom, I dropped the girl at the beach. I walked with her. I left her there because she wanted to stay there. I left and I don't know what happened. There my statement ends.'"

Earlier Thursday, Joran's father, Paul van der Sloot, a Dutch attorney who was training to be a judge on the island, was taken into custody as a fifth suspect in the 3-week-old case, authorities said.

His wife called the AP to report the arrest as police picked him up at their home. "My husband was just picked up by police," Anita van der Sloot said. "I don't know what to think."

Anita van der Sloot insisted her husband had done nothing wrong and said Aruban authorities had arrested him because they were under pressure from the U.S. government and the news media to produce results.

"My husband is a man of integrity who has been working in the justice system 15 years and was taken without evidence," Anita van der Sloot said. "How can this happen? This is not about Natalee anymore. It's about enormous pressure from the states and the media."

Authorities did not immediately respond to van der Sloot's allegation.

Mariaine Croes, a police spokesperson, told MSNBC that Paul van der Sloot would be held for at least six hours while prosecutors question him about the case. After that time, Croes said, the chief prosecutor will decide whether to hold him for up to 48 hours, as is allowed in Aruba, which is a Dutch protectorate. No further details were available.

Paul van der Sloot had earlier been barred from seeing his son, Joran, because police fear it could harm the investigation. He was also interrogated by police for seven hours over Saturday and Sunday.

Son: ‘I don't know anything’
Earlier Thursday, the Dutch teen's mother told NBC News on Thursday that she's convinced her son is telling the truth when he says he knows nothing about her disappearance.

She said at that time that she believed her son was innocent and that he was receiving unfavorable treatment in jail.

"My son didn't do anything," she said. "I don't understand what is happening" with the case.

In an interview following her husband's arrest, Anita van der Sloot said her son has insisted to her that he and his friends dropped Holloway off at her hotel.

FREE VIDEO
Launch

• Teen's mother
June 23: Anita van der Sloot, mother of Joran van der Sloot, who is in jail in connection with the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, talks to "Today" show anchor Matt Lauer.

Today show

She quoted the 17-year-old him as saying, "Mom, we went to the beach with that girl and then dropped her off."

She also said Joran can't remember many of the details that police have been asking him.

She said she had spoken to her son several times in jail and that he was going through "mental torture." She said he is often interrogated for more than 10 hours a day, and she also accused authorities of turning up the air conditioning to high levels to increase the pressure on him.

"If there was anything he did wrong he would be broken by now," she said.
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1202 on: June 23, 2005, 07:17:42 PM »

So do YOU (posters) believe he killed her or it was an accident or (gasp) she met foul play after him at like say 3:30am?

With so little known at this point, I am still ruling out only:

1) FBI is just sitting in

2) abducted for matrimonial purposes by Ethiopian tribesmen
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1203 on: June 23, 2005, 07:18:01 PM »

Quote from: "Loren"
Would someone please post what the news conference contains as soon as it airs? It is 12:15 here in London and I'm fading.......

I am sure you have nothing to worry about there Smile
Terry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1204 on: June 23, 2005, 07:18:04 PM »

Quote from: "puggywug"
Quote from: "Loren"
Puggy-LOL!

See how easy it is to get along?  Maybe others will follow our lead.  Wink
LOL
ExTexinAZ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1205 on: June 23, 2005, 07:18:08 PM »

Maybe this has been addressed before.  If so, sorry.  
We have a smelly pond that is in close proximity to one of their houses and it hasn't been searched/dragged/drained because????
I know - they're waiting for the Texas Search Group to do the honors!
GO TEXANS!!!!

"If only you believe in miracles, baby, so would I"
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1206 on: June 23, 2005, 07:18:32 PM »

Ting, good point.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1207 on: June 23, 2005, 07:18:36 PM »

Quote from: "Brenda[/quote
I have zero - repeat zero - phone numbers in posts.  I did that ONE time, had it pointed out that phone numbers are not fair game - but links to them was fair game  -  and have ONLY put links online ONE TIME SINCE, it was today and only after comments from Arubagirl - and only after she went off misquoting me terribly.

Jeez, you guys, can we just QUIT with the phone numbers already?  Brenda obviously thought she was doing a GOOD thing - holy cow, I didn't think we had to discuss this for the next 30 pages.

You all are willing to cut Joran some slack, and a lot of you were posting days ago to give Poppa VDS some slack - but you can't forgive Brenda??????
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1208 on: June 23, 2005, 07:18:45 PM »

Quote from: "harleymom"
Good evening all,
I've been think and wonder if any of this idea could be possible.

He took Natalee to the beach, she may have been drugged or drunk enough to be in Blackout mode. He takes advantage of her on the beach. She passes out or is already out. He just leaves her, thinking she'll wakeup and stumble home.

Now he has to have stories to keep himself from getting in trouble for what he did and that he left her passed out instead of making sure she got safely to the hotel.

Meanwhile someone else came across Natalee , security guard, etc and now she is gone.....
or he was approached by some of the drug lord guys and gave her up to them  If he tells what he did and who has her, he will be killed...mafia style?

This is how he can continue to say she doesn't know where she is for all these hours of questioning?

Okay, re-reading this it looks like a reach.....but I'll post anyway to give folks something to chew on... VBG.
Praying for Natalee...

*Off topic* I'm a harley mom too  Wink We ride a RK.

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1209 on: June 23, 2005, 07:18:53 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
What fairy tales? You just said that you put phone numbers, that's what I said that you did.

Are you telling me that you did NOT post the phone numbers of different people with the last name Janssen?

I'm not defending Brenda...and, Arubagirl I totally understand where you're coming from...BUT, we post private personal information about innocent people all the time on this forum!!!  Lorenzo for one!  It has bothered me that a person whose possibly mentally off, had a painful parental death, etc. has been blasted from one end of this forum to the other.  Natalee's in his basement, his father is Paulas....

That info could be a hot tip and valuable info...but, I personally think some good old fashioned research should be done before someone like that becomes a household name on the forum.

We all should be careful what we say about innocent people...until they're proven guilty or known for sure to be part of the case.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1210 on: June 23, 2005, 07:19:10 PM »

Quote from: "da wench"
Quote from: "absolut"
So do YOU (posters) believe he killed her or it was an accident or (gasp) she met foul play after him at like say 3:30am?

I haven't changed my opinion yet.  I think it was accidental (drug overdose, drowning, slip & fall...whatever), but Joran was there and knows what happened.  I also think that PVDS has helped to either dispose of the body or cover his son's arse somehow.  If PVDS didn't dispose of the body but knows where it is, he may have advised his son and the Kalpoe brothers to keep their mouths shut because w/o the body, they cannot be convicted.  JIMHO!

wench, I totally agree with you. I don't think joran did anything on "purpose"
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1211 on: June 23, 2005, 07:19:15 PM »

I think it's accidental death caused by Joran also, due to the lying.

If it was something that he had absolutely nothing do with, he would have told what happened a long time ago.

DEFINITELY AGREE with Arubagirl.  Something happened.  And Joran was the one who was with her.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1212 on: June 23, 2005, 07:19:45 PM »

Quote from: "harleymom"
Good evening all,
I've been think and wonder if any of this idea could be possible.

He took Natalee to the beach, she may have been drugged or drunk enough to be in Blackout mode. He takes advantage of her on the beach. She passes out or is already out. He just leaves her, thinking she'll wakeup and stumble home.

Now he has to have stories to keep himself from getting in trouble for what he did and that he left her passed out instead of making sure she got safely to the hotel.

Meanwhile someone else came across Natalee , security guard, etc and now she is gone.....
or he was approached by some of the drug lord guys and gave her up to them  If he tells what he did and who has her, he will be killed...mafia style?

This is how he can continue to say she doesn't know where she is for all these hours of questioning?

Okay, re-reading this it looks like a reach.....but I'll post anyway to give folks something to chew on... VBG.
Praying for Natalee...

I think the timeline for the story gets to late to involve other people.
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1213 on: June 23, 2005, 07:19:47 PM »

Jeez, you guys, can we just QUIT with the phone numbers already? Brenda obviously thought she was doing a GOOD thing - holy cow, I didn't think we had to discuss this for the next 30 pages.

You all are willing to cut Joran some slack, and a lot of you were posting days ago to give Poppa VDS some slack - but you can't forgive Brenda??????

We forgave Brenda. Move on.
Brenda
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1214 on: June 23, 2005, 07:19:52 PM »

What fairy tales? You just said that you put phone numbers, that's what I said that you did.

Are you telling me that you did NOT post the phone numbers of different people with the last name Janssen?

Take a valium.  I already said I was WRONG to put up the phone numbers the one time I did....admitted having it pointed out to me...have publicly ackknowledged this...

Get a grip.  What do you want, a pint of blood?  

My concern is ONLY that Natalee comes home - dead or alive - even though I believe this is a rape case gone bad, and Natalee died the night she disappeared.  

God, Please see to it that ALL those who know what happened get whatever pressure they need to see to it that Beth Holloway Twitty can get closure.  

The very least we can do is to pray that whatever it takes to let Beth have closure comes about.

God give me the serenity to accept things I cannot change...Courage to change things I can change.... And the wisdom to know the difference....
Dublin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1215 on: June 23, 2005, 07:20:03 PM »

I have been at work today, unable to get to a pc. So, I apologize if this has been covered already.  I'm wondering what prompted the arrest of Paul VDS now, as opposed to two days ago? Was it appearing on Greta's show? They want him to keep quiet? Or is it something else? Did more evidence show up from inside the house that would incriminate him? I can't imagine testimony from any of the boys had any impact now, as they've been in custody awhile.
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1216 on: June 23, 2005, 07:20:17 PM »

Quote from: "KackyLacky"
Quote from: "da wench"
Golden wrote: I've heard that the case is about to be wrapped up for the last 3 weeks. Not sure I believe that. From what I can tell. The police have no evidence whatsoever. And if it was in the United States, all these suspects would never have been arrested.

And don't forget...the war in Iraq is "in its last throws."

unless you listen to Gen Abizaid today testifying in front of Congress. At which time he said the "insurgence" was as strong as ever.I believe him, he has actually been there, not behind a desk getting "updates" from sycophants.

sure because whenever the Islamists smell weakness in American resolve they step it up a few notches, that is how you go from WTC 1993 to WTC 2001, but hey that's just my own opinion......

I find it curious too what is starting to happen in Lebanon, Iraq the sequel perhaps and the US had absolutely nothing to do with driving Syria out of their 20 year occupation of Lebanon, the Lebanese people made their feelings known and the UN finally did something right,  the Islamists called Hezbollah are itching to start a civil war and the Syrians are pissed off at having to leave with their tails between their legs and man do they hate anything that remotely smells like democracy and thusly the terror tactics begin in Lebanon......
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1217 on: June 23, 2005, 07:20:40 PM »

Tune into see if PVDS will be held.. decision I believe was anounced to be made in 40 mins?
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1218 on: June 23, 2005, 07:20:46 PM »

Scott wrote:

She most certainly is in real pain. And, if you care to speculate any other reason she would be besides knowing WHY her son is in prison, I'm all ears...

Scott, you seem to forget that our justicesystem is very different than that of the US. In the dutch system they can hold you for 116 days only to interrogate you, that has nothing to do with if you`re quilty or not.

So if i`m playing the devils advocat here, then I`m saying; The hold and arrest are just for interrogation b/c joran or /and the brothers are the last KNOWN were natalee was! That doesn`t mean they are really the last....
If they or Joran leaves her really on the beach....

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1219 on: June 23, 2005, 07:21:04 PM »

nancy_drew, brenda, everyone, have no problem to continue discussing this, but the general consensus seems to be to not talk about this anymore, I would love to PM you, but they are disabled.

So, you have my views, I was very pissed, still am a bit.

Arubagirl, the email button works.  Email those you choose at your leisure.  I'm sorry we had to turn off PM, but them's the breaks - the server was overloaded this afternoon.  We'll turn in back on after we see what traffic looks like.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.