March 28, 2024, 07:13:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Actress Patty Duke died Tuesday at age 69  (Read 3668 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: April 01, 2016, 07:46:37 PM »

Actress Patty Duke died Tuesday as a result of sepsis from a ruptured intestine, according to Mitchell K. Stubbs & Associates, the agency that represented her. She was 69.

Sepsis is the body's "overwhelming and life-threatening response" to an infection, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It can lead to tissue damage, organ failure and death. Sepsis can be spurred by any type of infection, even a minor one, and occurs when germs enter a person's body and multiply, causing illness and organ and tissue damage. In Duke's case, the site of complication was her intestine.

There is no single sign or symptom of sepsis, but rather a combination of symptoms. Since sepsis is the result of an infection, symptoms can include infection signs -- such as diarrhea, vomiting, sore throat, etc. -- as well as other symptoms such as shivering and fever, extreme pain, pale or discolored skin, sleepiness and confusion, and shortness of breath.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/30/health/sepsis-causes-symptoms-treatment/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 07:50:15 PM »

http://www.snopes.com/2016/03/29/patty-duke-dies/

Patty Duke Dead at 69
The former child star, who went on to have a lifelong career on stage and screen, has died of sepsis from a perforated intestine.
Patty Duke, perhaps best known for the eponymous Patty Duke Show sitcom and her subsequent role in Valley of the Dolls, has died. She was 69.

Born Anna Marie Duke in 1946, Patty was the daughter of a violently depressive cashier and an alcoholic cab driver. Her mother turned her over to talent managers to raise her when she was just 8 years old, became famous first on stage, then in film playing a young Helen Keller in The Miracle Worker (for which she won an Oscar, the youngest person ever to do so at that time).

Duke privately struggled with bipolar disorder, which she revealed in her 1987 autobiography, Call Me Anna: The Autobiography of Patty Duke.  She told the Los Angeles Times that her children suffered because of it:

I had no patience.... This was not all the time. The thing that these kids had going against them was that you never knew when what was all hunky-dory was going to fly out the window and you were going to be screamed at and berated and either ostracized or made to do some humiliating punishment.

She went on to become an outspoken advocate for the mentally ill, working with the National Institute of Mental Health and the National Alliance on Mental Illness.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.