May 30, 2024, 04:43:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 YO Boy Missing After Alligator Attack at Disney’s Grand Floridian in Orlando - Found deceased  (Read 2527 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: June 15, 2016, 08:18:10 AM »

2 Year Old Toddler Missing After Alligator Drags Boy Away into the Water at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2016/06/15/2-year-old-toddler-missing-after-alligator-drags-boy-away-into-the-water-at-disneys-grand-floridian-resort-spa/

A 2 year old boy is still missing after he was attacked and dragged into the water by an alligator at the Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Tuesday night around 9:20 pm. According to accounts, the Nebraska family of five was relaxing on the shoreline when the alligator attacked the boy. The father entered the water and tried to pry the child from the gator, but was unsuccessful.  Orange County Sheriff’s deputies are using sonar to search the man-made lake, with help from a helicopter and 10-person dive team. The alligator was said to be between 4 and 7 feet long.  The search continues for the child in the Seven Seas Lagoon for hours in a search and recovery effort but had not found him.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 08:19:20 AM »

Deputies: Child dragged into water by gator near Disney's Grand Floridian

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-child-dragged-alligator-disney-20160614-story.html

Deputies are in the water and air, calling it a search-and-rescue operation.

"Right now we're going to bring in some fresh eyes and continue with the search," said Jeff Williamson, a spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Office. "Prepare for the worst, hope for the best."

Teams searching for the toddler found four gators, but no sign of the child.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 02:15:33 PM »

More than you might want to know about alligators.....unless you intend to visit Florida or other parts of the southeast USA.....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_alligator

the American Alligator from National Geographic.....
http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/reptiles/american-alligator

You can also google large alligator and see the massive one who has been seen on a golf course.

I have been in Louisiana most of my life....but spent some years in middle Florida.  Have come home to find a small one on the front porch in LA and another in the pool in FL.....and have many "sightings" driving along waterways.  So I feel educated....but I am not sure that someone coming from Nebraska would even think about alligators before their trip.

Red, it looks like your Orlando Sentinel link updates with more current information.  Thank you for opening this thread.   

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 04:18:29 PM »

Body found intact.  This is such a sad story.  Hind sight.  Personally, I would not go near the waters edge at night, which is feeding time anywhere that there might be alligators.  From what I hear though, even though there were no swimming signs there weren't alligator warning signs.  I'm sure we'll be hearing more as the investigation continues. 

I cannot imagine what this family is going through. 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 08:16:02 PM »

Body found intact.  This is such a sad story.  Hind sight.  Personally, I would not go near the waters edge at night, which is feeding time anywhere that there might be alligators.  From what I hear though, even though there were no swimming signs there weren't alligator warning signs.  I'm sure we'll be hearing more as the investigation continues. 

I cannot imagine what this family is going through. 

Very sad, it hurts to even imagine!   

We had several alligators come and go on the farm we lived on for many years.  The game warden's wouldn't do anything about them because we lived close to a lake that they traveled through the woods to and from.  They said if they took one out, we'd have another before we knew it.  And it was true.  If our comfort level was crossed with one with our kids out there, we handled it ourselves.  And my kids were never allowed to wade or swim in the pond, ever.  We had a pool for that.  I remember how fast they could sneak in and steal a stringer of fish without your knowing they were even near beforehand...scary!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.