March 18, 2024, 08:15:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Donald Trump plans to tour flood damage in Louisiana  (Read 75808 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« on: August 19, 2016, 06:56:53 AM »

Donald Trump plans to tour flood damage in Louisiana

CBS/AP   August 18, 2016, 11:53 PM   CBS News’ Arden Farhicontributed to this report

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-plans-to-tour-flood-damage-in-louisiana/

ME: This brings back memories of Sean Penn trying to rescue people in his little boat in flooded waters after Hurricane Katrina.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 07:00:33 AM by seahorse » Logged

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 09:58:07 AM »

Just landed in Baton Rouge.....lots of guys with him (maybe security) and also Mr. and Mrs. Pence.
Sure hope he does not get wet.  

The area looks so much like post-Katrina.  Am glad that someone came to see what this looks like.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 10:00:06 AM by Mere » Logged

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 10:27:01 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/08/18/they-survived-hurricane-katrina-and-rebuilt-in-baton-rouge-now-theyve-lost-everything-again/?utm_term=.44bee3bc9e1f

This is an excellent article that covers the connection of some people who moved from New Orleans, rebuilt, obtained new jobs and became part of the Baton Rouge community for eleven years.....and then the rain started.  It is hard to explain the shock of losing everything you have with no notice.  When you come home, it is all gone.

I have met some of them in the past couple of days when they came to the grocery or to Walmart.  They could hardly speak.  I hope that Trump will see how difficult this is for the 40,000 people who have lost their homes.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.