March 28, 2024, 07:46:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #20 - 6/23/05 Evening  (Read 263443 times)
sandy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2005, 07:57:02 PM »

Quote from: "cancon"
Quote from: "Ting"
Arubans don't trust Dutch people that easily.

Colonization is traditionally less popular with the colonee Wink

except in Canada, LOL, took us centuries to break the apron strings and there are still some threads hanging on......

It's called an umbilical cord.
Terry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2005, 07:57:20 PM »

Quote from: "bluebob"
new report on PVDS' involvement
When?

Thanks
luna
Scared Monkey

« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2005, 07:57:23 PM »

Hey...when is this conference supposed to be??

AND....I was cruising other boards last night and I found a *very* interesting reference to an Aruban newspaper article (no link provided) that said one of the Fisherman's Huts in the Lover's Lane area had been broken into the night Natalee went missing.....

and an anchor, rope etc had been stolen.....

Any of our Aruban friends hear anything about that???  Someone speculated that SGC was haning out on the Tattoo that night since it doesn't sail on Sundays....and if things went wrong, he might have been pulled in to help.  The poster also said that the Tattoo had two smaller boats, a dinghy and something else....

Anyway....found it all curious....obviously completely a rumor, and most likely wrong.
Juvenal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2005, 07:57:31 PM »

except in Canada, LOL, took us centuries to break the apron strings and there are still some threads hanging on......

HA! Least popular of all in America! If I'm not mistaken, we were the only ones to actually overthrow British rule, rather than gradually have it removed over many years.
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2005, 07:57:37 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Quote from: "arubagirl"
Absolut, try coming for carnival (FEB). It would be a blast.

Good idea 20 degrees here and possible 6-12 inches of snow, to the bright sunshine and clear waters of aruba. Can I wear my Don Johnson (Miami Vice) wear in Feb?

Laughing  Laughing and SPEEDOS  Laughing  Laughing
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2005, 07:58:06 PM »

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "nancy_drew

I'm quite certain Beth Twitty said they landed in Aruba at 11pm.  It was in her long two-part initial interview with Greta.  Does anyone have a link to the transcripts at Fox?  I was there the other night and now can't find where they're hidden?  In that interview Beth gave a complete timeline...at least that's what I recall.  I'll try to find the transcript.

I agree nancy that was my recollection, Beth said she found out at 11:00 am and was in Aruba by 11:00 pm

I thought Jug gave a more precise time line last night to Greta but now I cannot remember it

They were at Joran's house by around 3 AM he said...but he also said that they were there within about 3 hours from landing in Aruba....Aruba is ET, Alabama is CT, so he may have been looking at his watch...and depending what time it was set to...but he did state it was around 3 AM when he showed at Joran's the first time and around 3:45 AM the second time.

There must be a 2 hour time difference between Alabama and Aruba.
BlueBob
Scared Monkey

« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2005, 07:58:19 PM »

don't know arubagirl - i thought BHT's sister was going to hold a press conference, but have checked all the channels and haven't seen it.  Riehl World just posted more news.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2005, 07:58:48 PM »

Awww, HannieC, I'm sorry. It's just that *a lot* of the Dutch civil servants here seem to be know-it-alls.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2005, 07:58:52 PM »

Quote from: "HannieC"
CaliGirl wrote:

Maybe Hannie can correct me if I get this example wrong  

In the US when a crime happens, a report is made, then start investigating etc etc then when they have enough facts they put out a warrant and arrest someone etc etc

Dutch system when a crime happens, someone's taken, investigating starts, then the facts come, then the charges are pressed etc etc

Huge differences. Har dto understand but not everywhere is like the US.

You`re absolutly right my girl  Very Happy so it`s indeed frustrating to see what some people on this forum come up with. A bookdeal or whatever doesn`t work in our culture that`s the "American"culture excuse my generalization if i`m not correct! That simply don`t happens here.
if and I say IF it prooves that the vds and the kalpoes have nothing to do with whatever happens to natalee there lives will be ruined no bookdeals or sues for money or something. That is why I personally thinks this mediahype is so dangerous.

And by the way I understand that the main factor is to bring Natalee home
But not to crusify maybe 'innocent' people who have nothing to do whith what happens......

I've become well-versed in the Aruban/Dutch legal system over these past three weeks.  I'm not reading anything further into the fact that PVDS has been taken into custody as a potential suspect.  It is how the system there operates.  My conclusions are drawn strictly from the circumstantial evidence presented to us all.

IF JVDS is not arraigned on murder charges, he will resume his playboy life in Florida as a freshman at St. Leo College.  

IF PVDS is not arraigned, or implicated in the crime surrounding NH's death, his career as a judge-in-training in Aruba will proceed.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2005, 07:59:29 PM »

Quote from: "littletxlady"
Are you guys watching the report on CNN?

like your new logo... remember on June 18 when you posted that
Hubert Teal(dariio)  was on fox reporting on the NH in venezuela story???
what happened??? Rolling Eyes

peace to all
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2005, 07:59:57 PM »

nancy_drew wrote:

I have a legal question. Are you a Dutch lawyer?

No not close nancy Laughing didn`t you see my bad english writings? LOL

I`m only a dutch citizen who happens to search the internet on more info about natalee since the dutch media didn`t do much coverage of the case.

Wink

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2005, 07:59:58 PM »

Luna, I swear I don't remember if there was such a report.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
BlueBob
Scared Monkey

« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2005, 08:00:02 PM »

Terry - it is on Riehl World
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2005, 08:00:23 PM »

Hannie:

Do you know anything about the family protection in Aruba?  Not sure the exact name but tonight they said Paulas is legally protected from having to testify against his son.  In this country married couples have that protection, but in Aruba they say it extends to families.

Also, they said this is a big deal given Paulas has been arrested.  Given we know he can't testify against Joran, there is speculation his arrest is for a far greater reason.

Do you know anything about this?
puggywug
Scared Monkey

« Reply #114 on: June 23, 2005, 08:01:28 PM »

Quote from: "da wench"
Quote from: "puggywug"
Quote from: "da wench"
Scott wrote: "If, by some incomprehendible circumstance, the truth is that her son is not responsible for Natalee's disappearance, his life, in no way, is ruined. In fact, he would likely be exonerated by the court of public opinion as another victim in this tragedy, as well as in the Aruban legal system."

Yes, and a book deal to boot!

Yes - book deal, movie deal.  He would profit from American capitalism, for sure!

And whether he gets convicted or not, I'm sure he'll have marraige proposals up the wazzoo!

Yes, even if he isn't American, he'll garner American groupies  Laughing

A Pug in a monkey Suit!
BlueBob
Scared Monkey

« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2005, 08:01:30 PM »

Luna, I vaguely remember it.  Have been following the posts for days, but until today was blocked from posting.
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2005, 08:02:16 PM »

Quote from: "sandy"

It's called an umbilical cord.

LOL Long Live Queen Liz!!!! Wink

actually I'd be happy to trade Paul Martin for Tony Blair, oh Brittania!!! Very Happy
asdf
Scared Monkey

« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2005, 08:02:20 PM »

How bout' that poll absolut?
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #118 on: June 23, 2005, 08:02:30 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "absolut"
Quote from: "arubagirl"
Absolut, try coming for carnival (FEB). It would be a blast.

Good idea 20 degrees here and possible 6-12 inches of snow, to the bright sunshine and clear waters of aruba. Can I wear my Don Johnson (Miami Vice) wear in Feb?

Laughing  Laughing and SPEEDOS  Laughing  Laughing

There are many reasons that is bad idea and I only proud of half of them.
LilOrphan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #119 on: June 23, 2005, 08:03:14 PM »

Quote from: "KackyLacky"

I am not talking about the "messing around or having fun" in the car, it seemed to me that what inspector meant was full on sex!

Well, I didn't hear anyone say he was bragging about that, just that this was what he said took place to police and parents.  I did hear someone - Jug, someone else? - say that he was going around school talking about something going wrong when they were swimming. Nada about the deed, though.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.