March 29, 2024, 02:57:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #20 - 6/23/05 Evening  (Read 263457 times)
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2005, 08:03:15 PM »

Quote from: "asdf"
How bout' that poll absolut?

Still waiting for the Judges decision, it could be very telling.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2005, 08:03:26 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Quote from: "LilOrphan"
Quote from: "KackyLacky"

that is my question as well. Like I said on the other board, joran was told to stop talking about this case, but nothing was said about his bragging about sex

Can anyone come up with a plausible reason he or the Kalpoes would say that sex was involved if it truly wasn't?  

PS: Please respond because I'm not going to bite anyone's banana off again.  Not my usual M.O.  Just that  having been in a situation similar to Mrs. VdS, it struck a serious nerve to hear strangers picking her apart as a parent and person. But  rest assured no more dramatic outbursts from me. Smile

could be???

In case they found the body early on and there was evidence of sex they were covered. Or he was.

peace to all
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2005, 08:04:08 PM »

Here's a good question though

if the Van Der Sloots get off criminally, could the Holloway Twitty clan bring a law suit a la Brown vs Simpson???

were the standard of proof is lower?

not that the VDS have any money more for the priniciple
asdf
Scared Monkey

« Reply #123 on: June 23, 2005, 08:04:48 PM »

Quote from: "asdf"
How bout' that poll absolut?

Still waiting for the Judges decision, it could be very telling.

Gotcha.  I don't have tv today, not until Saturday so I'm in the dark as to when it will air.  

And to save 20 questions, we're moving and that is why there is no tv.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #124 on: June 23, 2005, 08:04:54 PM »

Cancon, I don't think I've heard of such a lawsuit, but I'm not a lawyer.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #125 on: June 23, 2005, 08:05:10 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
Awww, HannieC, I'm sorry. It's just that *a lot* of the Dutch civil servants here seem to be know-it-alls.

ah arubagirl that is civil servants everywhere in the world
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #126 on: June 23, 2005, 08:05:25 PM »

Watching Nancy Grace?

Joran is truly EVIL

Casey's only truthful statement:  "Well...maybe I'm a spiteful bitch"

God Don't Like Ugly
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2005, 08:06:36 PM »

Okay, according to TeleAruba, Paul van der Sloot is not a judge.

NOT A JUDGE

Oh, and that from now on a judge from the Netherlands Antilles is going to handle this case, because v/d Sloot did work at Judicial Department.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #128 on: June 23, 2005, 08:07:04 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"

that is my question as well. Like I said on the other board, joran was told to stop talking about this case, but nothing was said about his bragging about sex

Can anyone come up with a plausible reason he or the Kalpoes would say that sex was involved if it truly wasn't?  

PS: Please respond because I'm not going to bite anyone's banana off again.  Not my usual M.O.  Just that  having been in a situation similar to Mrs. VdS, it struck a serious nerve to hear strangers picking her apart as a parent and person. But  rest assured no more dramatic outbursts from me. Smile

could be???

In case they found the body early on and there was evidence of sex they were covered. Or he was.

To denegrate Natalee's reputation.
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2005, 08:07:21 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
Cancon, I don't think I've heard of such a lawsuit, but I'm not a lawyer.

in North America, you can sue someone in the civil courst for wrongful death, whether intentional or by some act of negligence

the Brown family sued OJ Simpson for the death of Nicole Simpson, even though he was acquitted at the criminal trial and they were successful in obtaining a large judgment, which hasn't stopped OJ from hiding his assets and he is still living the good life......
RichinTx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2005, 08:07:24 PM »

Quote from: "Sleeks"
CNN THINKS that it is very significant that the judge is arrested.  They just called it "A big break"

They also do not believe Joran left Natalee walking alone on a beach.  They believe there is much significance in that as well

All the networks say that crap to get you to stay tuned.
sandy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #131 on: June 23, 2005, 08:07:34 PM »

Quote from: "cancon"
Quote from: "sandy"
Quote from: "cancon"
Quote from: "Ting"
Arubans don't trust Dutch people that easily.

Colonization is traditionally less popular with the colonee Wink

except in Canada, LOL, took us centuries to break the apron strings and there are still some threads hanging on......

It's called an umbilical cord.

LOL Long Live Queen Liz!!!! Wink

actually I'd be happy to trade Paul Martin for Tony Blair, oh Brittania!!! Very Happy

I am a genetic Tory so I wuld trade Paul Martin for Pee Wee Herman.
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #132 on: June 23, 2005, 08:08:02 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Hannie:

Do you know anything about the family protection in Aruba?  Not sure the exact name but tonight they said Paulas is legally protected from having to testify against his son.  In this country married couples have that protection, but in Aruba they say it extends to families.

Also, they said this is a big deal given Paulas has been arrested.  Given we know he can't testify against Joran, there is speculation his arrest is for a far greater reason.

Do you know anything about this?

That parent-child privilege is not extended, however, if Paulus had any role assisting Joran in Natalee's disappearance.
luna
Scared Monkey

« Reply #133 on: June 23, 2005, 08:08:16 PM »

Quote from: "littletxlady"
Watching Nancy Grace?

No, TTL!!  I'm not watching anything cus I'm at work!!

Please tell us what' going on instead of posting these teases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your info!!
Juvenal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2005, 08:08:48 PM »

I should say again:

I still think the Kalpoes are just as much a part of this as Joran.

If they were less culpable than he, they would have told the truth as soon as they were arrested, and rolled over on Joran mighty quickly.

I know they have been blaming him for a long time as it is, but I think they were lying too. All three of them were up to no good that night, although I don't think murder was on their minds. "Something bad happened," but they don't want to tell what--because they'd still be in it up to their ears.
LilOrphan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2005, 08:08:58 PM »

Oh, I phrased wrong -meant to ask if there was no sex involved can you think of a reason they'd tell the cops there was sex involved? Arubagirl has a great point if he was bragging to friends and it might not be true just to be macho.  But I was more just thinking that they probably did not have sex, consensual or otherwise -- and he just told the cops that. Don't ask why. Smile

And your informal poll, right now my $$ is that she met with foul play afterwards, but Joran knows what it was.
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2005, 08:09:10 PM »

nancy_drew wrote:

Hannie:

Do you know anything about the family protection in Aruba? Not sure the exact name but tonight they said Paulas is legally protected from having to testify against his son. In this country married couples have that protection, but in Aruba they say it extends to families.

Also, they said this is a big deal given Paulas has been arrested. Given we know he can't testify against Joran, there is speculation his arrest is for a far greater reason.

Do you know anything about this?

To be honest, I never heard such thing over here, that is.. that you can`t testify against any familymember. I could be wrong tho. But early in the evening I was looking on the net to see if that is true but till now I can`t find any jurisprudence on that. Maybe someone who knows a lot more on the judicial laws here can answer that.

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
coco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2005, 08:09:44 PM »

On Paula Zahn - Paul Reynolds, Natalee's uncle and BTH's brother, is saying they assume the arrest of PVDS is because he has more info - no hint of they saying "he's involved." He says they believe they're making progress but he doesn't sound that way.
Juvenal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #138 on: June 23, 2005, 08:09:49 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"

could be???

There is NO way they would say that if it wasn't involved!
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #139 on: June 23, 2005, 08:10:21 PM »

Private message at you leisure....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.