April 24, 2024, 11:02:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #20 - 6/23/05 Evening  (Read 263996 times)
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2005, 08:10:24 PM »

Quote from: "cancon"
Here's a good question though

if the Van Der Sloots get off criminally, could the Holloway Twitty clan bring a law suit a la Brown vs Simpson???

were the standard of proof is lower?

not that the VDS have any money more for the priniciple

Interesting question.  A civil suit in Aruba?  Hmmmmm.
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #141 on: June 23, 2005, 08:10:32 PM »

the Brown family sued OJ Simpson for the death of Nicole Simpson

While we wait for the decision on Mr. VDS and resulting serverplosion, I propose a change of culture war.

Did OJ do it?
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2005, 08:10:50 PM »

Quote from: "sandy"
Quote from: "sandy"
Quote from: "Ting"
Arubans don't trust Dutch people that easily.

Colonization is traditionally less popular with the colonee Wink

except in Canada, LOL, took us centuries to break the apron strings and there are still some threads hanging on......

It's called an umbilical cord.

LOL Long Live Queen Liz!!!! Wink

actually I'd be happy to trade Paul Martin for Tony Blair, oh Brittania!!! Very Happy

I am a genetic Tory so I wuld trade Paul Martin for Pee Wee Herman.

I am genetic Tory too but at this rate, Blair is better than Martin, at least Blair doesn't lead by sticking his finger in the wind...
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2005, 08:10:56 PM »

Sorry...but I have to say...I can't stand O'Reilly!! Mad
Juvenal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2005, 08:10:57 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
Awww, HannieC, I'm sorry. It's just that *a lot* of the Dutch civil servants here seem to be know-it-alls.

ah arubagirl that is civil servants everywhere in the world

LOL very true! Especially state university bureaucrats!
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2005, 08:11:03 PM »

arubagirl wrote:

Awww, HannieC, I'm sorry. It's just that *a lot* of the Dutch civil servants here seem to be know-it-alls.

It`s ok girl no offense taken Wink

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
DivaToo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #146 on: June 23, 2005, 08:11:18 PM »

Rolling Eyes Oh, Gawd! here comes Geraldo...

Praying for Natalee's safe return & comfort for her family
K in TX
Scared Monkey

« Reply #147 on: June 23, 2005, 08:11:23 PM »

Juvenal, I'm with you.  I think that, yes, "something bad" did happen, and that they are praying (no wonder Joran has taken to reading the Bible in jail) she's never found.  In which case, they don't have to say a word, and will likely be let go.  

I really pray that doesn't happen, though.  I hope they find her alive, and if that doesn't happen, and she is deceased, I pray that they can find her.  Her parents will need that closure, and most certainly deserve it.
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #148 on: June 23, 2005, 08:12:58 PM »

Quote from: "DivaToo"
Rolling Eyes Oh, Gawd! here comes Geraldo...

you mean he is alive?????

too bad Geraldo you've been outscooped by the masterful Greta Van Susteren

hey is VanSusteren a Dutch name..........
Terry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #149 on: June 23, 2005, 08:13:02 PM »

Quote from: "bluebob"
Terry - it is on Riehl World
TY Blue
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #150 on: June 23, 2005, 08:13:17 PM »

Arubagirl - would it have been Aruba or Curacao where I ate iguana? We went to a local restaurant. I can't remember which island it was though.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #151 on: June 23, 2005, 08:13:17 PM »

Quote from: "coco"
On Paula Zahn - Paul Reynolds, Natalee's uncle and BTH's brother, is saying they assume the arrest of PVDS is because he has more info - no hint of they saying "he's involved." He says they believe they're making progress but he doesn't sound that way.

I can see where it would be only concievable to them that he knew, not that he was involved in the cover up in the actual misfortune. They probably have a lot of faith in the human spirit and couldn't fathom that someone would be evil enough to have actually done something and then invite BHT into his house.
puggywug
Scared Monkey

« Reply #152 on: June 23, 2005, 08:13:20 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

I'll have to agree with you, there.   Laughing

A Pug in a monkey Suit!
Juvenal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2005, 08:13:41 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

I'm with you there, klaasend.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #154 on: June 23, 2005, 08:14:08 PM »

Oh no!  Geraldo is back!
He's giving a comment tonight on Fox!
I don't think he's there..but, making comment.

It's one of the few times I've ever agreed with O'Reilly when he said, "Greta is kicking butt in Aruba!!!"

What I like about her is she gets up from a desk and actually goes where the story is...not just the country, that's easy...but, to the parent's homes, all the pertinent locations.  Outstanding work!
sandy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #155 on: June 23, 2005, 08:14:29 PM »

Quote from: "LilOrphan"
Quote from: "absolut"

In case they found the body early on and there was evidence of sex they were covered. Or he was.

Oh, I phrased wrong -meant to ask if there was no sex involved can you think of a reason they'd tell the cops there was sex involved? Arubagirl has a great point if he was bragging to friends and it might not be true just to be macho.  But I was more just thinking that they probably did not have sex, consensual or otherwise -- and he just told the cops that. Don't ask why. Smile

And your informal poll, right now my $$ is that she met with foul play afterwards, but Joran knows what it was.

I/m with you about Joran not being the culprit but most likely well aware of the eventual outcome - I think Beth's statements suggest this as well
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #156 on: June 23, 2005, 08:14:57 PM »

K, you're only allowed to read the Bible while you are in the jail at the police station.

I'm amazed by the reams of useless information I have stored in my brains.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
Juvenal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #157 on: June 23, 2005, 08:15:37 PM »

Quote from: "K in TX"
Juvenal, I'm with you.  I think that, yes, "something bad" did happen, and that they are praying (no wonder Joran has taken to reading the Bible in jail) she's never found.  In which case, they don't have to say a word, and will likely be let go.  

I really pray that doesn't happen, though.  I hope they find her alive, and if that doesn't happen, and she is deceased, I pray that they can find her.  Her parents will need that closure, and most certainly deserve it.

I have to think that, whatever they did with her, they are confident that no one will find her!

I'm really disgusted by that. 3 kids? They should've broke a long time ago! What in God's name did they do that they can be so confident?

Hopefully VDS Sr.'s arrest will shake them up a little.
puggywug
Scared Monkey

« Reply #158 on: June 23, 2005, 08:15:59 PM »

Riehl World View:

Paul Van der Sloot Involved In Natalee Holloway Disappearance
After discussions with two independent sources on Aruba this evening, it would appear that a strong working theory by some close to the investigation is that Paulus Van der Sloot was directly involved with the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, up to and including disposal of her body after the fact.

This could explain Joran Van der Sloot's unusual interaction with Satish and Deepak Kalpoe during interrogation, as first reported here.

That interaction involved Joran Van der Sloot changing his story immediately after being called a liar by one of the Kalpoe brothers for stating that he had picked him up at the beach.

I asked questions involving a Scared Monkey's report suggesting the Kalpoe brothers and Steve Croes may be released - neither source felt that was likely. In the opinion of one, "the boys are in this up to their ears," and another contact suggested while there will be a court hearing tomorrow, it was not expected that anyone would be released.

Additionally, in a refreshing change, individuals close to the currently ongoing independent search seemed to praise the co-operation of the Aruban Government, as well as the FBI, suggesting that no stone would be left unturned and all co-operation possible would be extended to gain maximum benefit from the independent search.

It was also suggested that police and FBI would be party to the search, as well as supporting it, and that from initial interaction with EquuSearch, they seemed like an incredibly competent group with an impressive capability.

The search could include up to eight divers, as well as resources capable of handling a ground search. Recent fly-overs over several days have been used to identify areas and locations where a body might have been concealed given the last known location of Natalee Holloway and the presumed time line available for that purpose.

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/

A Pug in a monkey Suit!
vet4bush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #159 on: June 23, 2005, 08:16:05 PM »

SM kicks @$$
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.