March 28, 2024, 08:00:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #20 - 6/23/05 Evening  (Read 263444 times)
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #200 on: June 23, 2005, 08:29:11 PM »

clevfan if I read this article it seems really to me that they are doing things just to comfort the american media, b/c I never heart of such things that laywers are not allowed to see the documents or supposed evidence the prosecution has on there clients. very weird is my guess.

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #201 on: June 23, 2005, 08:29:22 PM »

Quote from: "cancon"
Quote from: "Kipster"
>> I remember when old Bill did real good hard hitting investigative journalism

Was it 'Inside Edition' or 'A Current Affair' that he hosted? More like 'National Enquirer' journalism IMO. Wink

no no it was a way long time ago

he used to great exposes on real news affair programs

then again so did Geraldo

how fame dilutes talent sometimes, look at Michael Jackson, prime example

the pond, well it looks like it is a local dumping site so god knows what is in there........

Go take a look at "Dutchlady" posts about the pond and the area over on the "theory" link.
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #202 on: June 23, 2005, 08:29:39 PM »

Quote from: "Ting"
Paul stays in jail, per Karl Penhaul CNN Headline

Argh. It's been my husband's theory all along that Dad was trying to protect Joran and 'handled' the mess he created. This is nauseating. I so feel for Natalee's parents. I keep wishing she would be found alive, but the possibility just seems really slim at this point.
goon squad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #203 on: June 23, 2005, 08:29:40 PM »

<<what if it turns out that Natalee was not dead immediately, that the incompetence of the Aruban police meant a window of time to save her was lost and you could be prove it, now that's the kicker, could you sue the police for it, hmmm, maybe not, they might be immune from that kind of prosecution.......>>

Aruba's worst nightmare.
clevfan1234
Scared Monkey

« Reply #204 on: June 23, 2005, 08:29:44 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
Err, you want the translation word for word?

No, just wondered if there anything in it that we don't already know
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #205 on: June 23, 2005, 08:29:44 PM »

Natalie's father seemed resigned to the fact this was a murder investigation last night......
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #206 on: June 23, 2005, 08:29:46 PM »

Quote from: "KackyLacky"
Quote from: "LilOrphan"
PS: LilOrphan:

I don't have a banana to bite off!  Shocked  Laughing  Laughing

Hee. Duly noted.

On a more somber note - that Hasibokos report says that police are now treating the case as a murder investigation rather than the search and rescue they had been.  Could that help explain the absence of Beth Holloway Twitty in the media today,  if it's true?  I'm still hoping against hope that these boys got in over their heads and Natalee is still alive....

CNN's Karl penhaul had a piece with her during the time she got a call about the dad's arrest. She was dropping off and picking someone up at the airport.

What I wonder about re: the rumor this is now a murder investigation--could there actually be a confession

Also--could dad fropped off joran at the marriott as cover, and told him to call Deepak to pick him up as cover? just wondering

the case has been a murder investigation.  the 3 suspects are remanded on suspicion of accessory to murder, manslaughter, and kidnapping.
AzRose
Scared Monkey

« Reply #207 on: June 23, 2005, 08:29:57 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Hey could "Betty" be Steve Croes?

Wow, now that would be something now, wouldn't it?
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #208 on: June 23, 2005, 08:30:04 PM »

Quote from: "Y'alls Psychic Detective"
Father will be held an additional 48 hours...

Why not 8 days?
DivaToo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #209 on: June 23, 2005, 08:30:04 PM »

Quote from: "DivaToo"
Rolling Eyes Oh, Gawd! here comes Geraldo...

you mean he is alive?????

too bad Geraldo you've been outscooped by the masterful Greta Van Susteren

hey is VanSusteren a Dutch name..........

I always thought it was German  Confused

Praying for Natalee's safe return & comfort for her family
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #210 on: June 23, 2005, 08:30:20 PM »

Quote from: "mehill10"
This was posted here:

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/06/croes_update_1.html#comments

It's a current comment page going at Riehl

"The Vigilante news paper from Curacao Reports that the Croes guy might have been involved in breaking and entering on of the fishersman's huts, where appearently a fisherman reported that ropes, ankers, and tape have been stolen"

Does anyone know anything about this?? I ask because it leads one to suspect the worst.......I hope not.

I read that rumor about 4 days ago. Sad
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #211 on: June 23, 2005, 08:30:27 PM »

Absolut, you call an Aruban boy by a female name, you put your life in danger. Unless 'Betty' is some kind of Sranan Tongo slang that I know nothing about.

If it's true that Aruban boys are homophobic, or that insecure about their masculinity, do you believe it's reasonable to draw a link between Joran's affect by the American girl that broke off their relationship because he was 'too sweet' and 'not man enough', and his presumed responsibility for Natalee's disappearance?
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #212 on: June 23, 2005, 08:30:33 PM »

yea like when Bill claimed he won a Peabody on Inside Edition--only to be proven a liar. The show won it after he left.

Actually, Inside Edition only won a Polk Award, and yes, it was after O'Liely left.
gaijin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #213 on: June 23, 2005, 08:31:13 PM »

Absolut, you call an Aruban boy by a female name, you put your life in danger. Unless 'Betty' is some kind of Sranan Tongo slang that I know nothing about.

See post above about changing the name after the initial pass of the email.

ArubaGirl..I am not casting aspersions, but thats an unusual post to me...its almost gang related...is that the undercurrrent of what is going on here...its just that Ive not heard that kind of slant in this "safe" island before....and again...I'm not suggesting anything..just asking..
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #214 on: June 23, 2005, 08:31:58 PM »

Quote from: "goon squad"
<<what if it turns out that Natalee was not dead immediately, that the incompetence of the Aruban police meant a window of time to save her was lost and you could be prove it, now that's the kicker, could you sue the police for it, hmmm, maybe not, they might be immune from that kind of prosecution.......>>

Aruba's worst nightmare.

if you don't want to subject yourself to incompetent foreign investigations you have the option to remain home and take your chances with law enforcement competence here.
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #215 on: June 23, 2005, 08:31:58 PM »

Why not 8 days?

I heard earlier today it would be 48 hours, but no explanation. Perhaps they are on the verge of formally accusing some folks?
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #216 on: June 23, 2005, 08:32:14 PM »

Actually, Inside Edition only won a Polk Award, and yes, it was after O'Liely left.

Ya'll PD, is that a freudian slip there? o'LIEly Smile
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #217 on: June 23, 2005, 08:32:18 PM »

Why not 8 days?

I interpret the arrest of the father to mean the cops have no solid evidence. They're reaching... Rolling Eyes
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #218 on: June 23, 2005, 08:33:08 PM »

Quote from: "neil"
I thought that Dee Fine lady was a nut for wanting a boycott of Aruba.  Now I am not so sure.  I think the ordinary people of Aruba are safe enough, but the government seems not only incompetent, but very dangerous.  Be suspected and spend a six month vacation in an unairconditioned Aruban prison while they try to figure out if you really did something.

You think Aruba is the only country that does that????  I've done some world travelling myself and as much as we b*itch about our LE, I've seen first hand how it works in other places.  It's MHO that this investigation was botched from the beginning, but I think things are moving now.  In this case we should be happy that the suspects can be held without evidence, but it sure would be a nightmare to be held for so long if you are not guilty of a crime.  My boyfriend urinated in an alley when we were in Mexico (about 20 yrs ago) and we were both arrested and spent the night in jail.  Why was I arrested?  Luckily, it was just one night.

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #219 on: June 23, 2005, 08:33:27 PM »

I cannot watch him without thinking of the falafel dialogues.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.