April 25, 2024, 09:15:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #20 - 6/23/05 Evening  (Read 264021 times)
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #360 on: June 23, 2005, 09:12:21 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
I could be wrong but boarded up could just mean like hurricane ready.

Aruba is not in the hurricane belt.
mehill10
Scared Monkey

« Reply #361 on: June 23, 2005, 09:12:24 PM »

Quote from: "cancon"
Quote from: "Juvenal"
Quote from: "mehill10"
hay arubagirl you remember talking the KIA prison  I saw a guy on fox talking  about it He said that they just open up a new wing in the prison he also said it was as nice as any prison in the USA  is that true?

Nice as any prison in the U.S.A? That's still not saying much.

no I think the guy was saying it is a nice prison much nicer than most US prisons, esp the new wing[/quote
so you saw it too
coco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #362 on: June 23, 2005, 09:12:31 PM »

re: boarded up house - a reporter this morning when the PVDS arrest was announced mentioned that the (the reporter - sorry cannot remember which network) went to the house this morning and it was closed up and the dogs were gone then said that Anita and Paul were not there. I think he said Anita was visiting Joran and when she and Paul were driving after, a friend of theirs called them and said there were cops all around the house so they drove straight to the police station and Paul turned himself in. Anita just said the same on tape on Larry King.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #363 on: June 23, 2005, 09:12:43 PM »

Quote from: "arrabba"
Quote from: "littletxlady"
Natalee's mom just said she knows the these guys "kidnapped" her daughter.

more on this interview later........... Rolling Eyes

What channel? Fox, msnbc or cnn?

Why FOX of course, sorry I am not trying to start anything. Smile
Tila_Bean
Scared Monkey

« Reply #364 on: June 23, 2005, 09:12:53 PM »

Quote from: "luna"

LTL....what??? More info please???   THANK YOU!

It's coming up on Fox.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #365 on: June 23, 2005, 09:13:04 PM »

Quote from: "LilOrphan"
Question:  Latest rumor floating around is that the VdS house is now boarded up. Where is Anita VdS and why would they all board up and leave the house?

GVS reported this on Fox about the time the news of dad's arrest was released. GVS said she had rumors of the arrest and had gone out to the house only to find it boarded up.
wwizard
Scared Monkey

« Reply #366 on: June 23, 2005, 09:13:32 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
APS: RIJKSMINISTERRAAD: Benoemingen Gemeenschappelijk Hof van......
20.12.2002 / 17:09 / Rubriek: Binnenland / Organisatie: Rvd/dg
Origineel persbericht.

Ministerie van Binnenlandse Zaken en Koninkrijksrelaties

Persbericht Rijksministerraad

20 december 2002

BENOEMINGEN GEMEENSCHAPPELIJK HOF VAN JUSTITIE VAN DE NEDERLANDSE ANTILLEN EN ARUBA

De Rijksministerraad heeft op voorstel van minister Remkes van Binnenlandse Zaken en Koninkrijksrelaties ingestemd met een tweetal benoemingen.

De heer mr. G.E.M. Polkamp (52) wordt voorgedragen voor benoeming tot lid van het Gemeenschappelijk Hof van Justitie van de Nederlandse Antillen en Aruba. Momenteel is de heer Polkamp plaatsvervangend lid van het Hof. De benoeming gaat in op 1 januari 2003.

De heer mr. P.A.P.J. van der Sloot (50) wordt voorgedragen voor benoeming tot plaatsvervangend lid van het Gemeenschappelijk Hof van Justitie van de Nederlandse Antillen en Aruba. De heer van der Sloot is nu werkzaam als kabinetschef bij de procureur-generaal van Aruba. De benoeming gaat in op 1 januari 2003 voor een periode van drie jaar.

RVD, 20.12.2002

ANP Pers Support, de redactie van het ANP is niet verantwoordelijk voor de inhoud.

Laatste persberichten van: Rvd/dg

The realm council of ministers on proposal of minister Remkes of internal matter and kingdom relations with a pair appointments has agreed. The lord Mr. G.E.M. Polkamp (52) are proposed for appointment to member of the common Court of Justice of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba. At present Mr Polkamp deputy member of the court is. The appointment discusses 1 January 2003. The lord Mr. P.A.P.J. of of the ditch (50) is proposed for appointment to deputy member of the common Court of Justice of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba. The lord of of the ditch is now operative as a principal private secretary at the Procurator-General of Aruba. The appointment discusses 1 January 2003 for a period of three years.

Serpentine and don't bunch up.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #367 on: June 23, 2005, 09:13:38 PM »

Heartache, if 1) the captain knew what he was doing (Croes was a DJ, not a captain) 2) If the coast guard was busy elsewhere 3) if there were no people at the beach, there is a good chance.

But why go to all that trouble?

Reading, internet, genealogy.
coco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #368 on: June 23, 2005, 09:13:44 PM »

Larry King interviews are interesting - or at least a new set of talking heads.
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #369 on: June 23, 2005, 09:13:57 PM »

Quote from: "Juvenal"
Quote from: "neil"
Juvenal,

I think that in inquisition is to the advantage of the government, and historically inquisitions have resulted in confessions.

If we are interested in freedom and justice, then I think we need to understand first that government is the most incompetent form of organization known, and secondly that government is the most dangerous form of organization known.

Don't we want innocent people to be safe from the power of government? How is that possible if we are supposed to trust in beaurecrats to reach the conclusion that one is innocent or guilty? (Not likely, thank you.)

You might be right that common law keeps the concepts of "law" and "government" seperate better than does civil law (and they are two different things). That would definitely be an advantage of common law.

I agree with you. I prefer common law. I'm just saying that common law does have its weaknesses, and Michael Jackson being able to pay Mesereau to get him off the hook is one of those.

Or, if you prefer, OJ could pony up the cash for Johnnie C. And he walked.

Also, the "inquisition" is not the same as the "Spanish Inquisition" of the 16th century. All it means is that you have a panel of judges who examine plaintiff/defendant/witnesses. They don't torture people, as a general practice, to get confessions, anymore.

is European law based on the Napoleonic Code which is once charged you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent??

that is tough because of course the state has way more resources than the average defendant, guys like MJ excepted of course.........
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #370 on: June 23, 2005, 09:14:01 PM »

Question:  Latest rumor floating around is that the VdS house is now boarded up. Where is Anita VdS and why would they all board up and leave the house?

She may have left for Holland with police approval.

No way. She would not abandon her husband and kid. Though she may send her two younger sons to Holland to spend time with relatives and get them out of the country. Maybe she's staying at someone else's home. Maybe staying in the house alone with the media calling and dropping by was freaking her out.
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #371 on: June 23, 2005, 09:14:13 PM »

Quote from: "arrabba"

What channel? Fox, msnbc or cnn?

Why FOX of course, sorry I am not trying to start anything. Smile

Fox new channel.
ExTexinAZ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #372 on: June 23, 2005, 09:14:14 PM »

Quote from: "puggywug"
Quote from: "ExTexinAZ"
My stomach is turning over what O'Liely just reported on Fox about Jessica Lunsford.   Crying or Very sad

I missed it.  Will you fill us in?

They're saying that Jessica was kept alive for 3 days in his (the perp's)house while 3 other people were also in the house witnessing it all.  She was then buried alive in garbage bags.  Something about the police botched the investigation.  Didn't hear much past that.  I was in tears.  Let's just hope the same didn't happen to NH - that she was alive in their house when the police/BHT, etc. came to the VDS house that night.
This is all too much to handle.  White wine spritzers are helping!

"If only you believe in miracles, baby, so would I"
LilOrphan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #373 on: June 23, 2005, 09:14:15 PM »

She may have left for Holland with police approval.

She didn't seem like someone who would leave her son and husband in jail and go away. Seems so steadfast and loyal.  That's kind of odd if she did.
Terry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #374 on: June 23, 2005, 09:15:43 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"

Aruba is not in the hurricane belt.

Actually, Greta said when she arrived at the VDS house this morning, it was boarded up, with only one dog in site. They left, thinking they ran, or were trying to hide from Greta. Greta returned later, and even the dog was gone this time, that is when she assumed the police must have them.
My question is, why did they board the house, and what exactly did Greta mean by that?
pybird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #375 on: June 23, 2005, 09:15:45 PM »

Quote from: "puggywug"
Quote from: "ExTexinAZ"
My stomach is turning over what O'Liely just reported on Fox about Jessica Lunsford.   Crying or Very sad

I missed it.  Will you fill us in?

Trust me, you really do not want to know.
kandeyingeorgia
Scared Monkey

« Reply #376 on: June 23, 2005, 09:16:12 PM »

Quote from: "Terry"

you have to say that or succumb to the alternative. I think that is wishful thinking.
She also said, "and hopefully not raped and murdered".

I too think that it is wishful thinking.  I do not believe that NH is alive.  That is just my humble opinion.  I would love to be proven wrong.  I don't believe any of this was planned, however.  I think illicit drugs were given to her without her knowledge and she got sick and aspirated.  I think JVS freaked at that point and involved the Kalpoe brothers and his father.  What still bothers me is IF the Kalpoes only helped him dispose of the body, why would they have not broken by now and just said that they were accessories and that Joran was the culprit?  Friendship only goes so far.  I would just think that by now ONE of those boys would have pointed the finger at another and said "he did it and here's how".  All I have heard is differing stories.  Just thinking out loud here and trying to make sense of all this.  In any event, I truly hope Natalee's family finds her so they can take her home and have at least some form of closure.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #377 on: June 23, 2005, 09:16:16 PM »

Which of the following did Joran Van Der Sloot do?
Killed Natalee    
  31%  [ 7 ]
Accidental death but he knew    
  54%  [ 12 ]
He has no knowledge of what happened after he left the beach.    
  13%  [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 22
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #378 on: June 23, 2005, 09:16:39 PM »

Wow........finally CNN international report on it... pff after 2 weeks

I`ll be right back ... Wink

I`ve put my videorecorder on. You guys have news sooner Smile

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
mehill10
Scared Monkey

« Reply #379 on: June 23, 2005, 09:16:50 PM »

Arubagirl   Do you think they are any closer to finding natelee?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.