April 19, 2024, 06:07:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #20 - 6/23/05 Evening  (Read 263813 times)
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #380 on: June 23, 2005, 09:17:07 PM »

Quote from: "Terry"
Quote from: "Scott"
Quote from: "absolut"
I could be wrong but boarded up could just mean like hurricane ready.

Aruba is not in the hurricane belt.

Actually, Greta said when she arrived at the VDS house this morning, it was boarded up, with only one dog in site. They left, thinking they ran, or were trying to hide from Greta. Greta returned later, and even the dog was gone this time, that is when she assumed the police must have them.
My question is, why did they board the house, and what exactly did Greta mean by that?

Probably worried about Human Hurrricane hitting it. This is so sad.
Juvenal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #381 on: June 23, 2005, 09:17:10 PM »

Quote from: "wwizard"
Quote from: "iquitos"
APS: RIJKSMINISTERRAAD: Benoemingen Gemeenschappelijk Hof van......
20.12.2002 / 17:09 / Rubriek: Binnenland / Organisatie: Rvd/dg
Origineel persbericht.

Ministerie van Binnenlandse Zaken en Koninkrijksrelaties

Persbericht Rijksministerraad

20 december 2002

BENOEMINGEN GEMEENSCHAPPELIJK HOF VAN JUSTITIE VAN DE NEDERLANDSE ANTILLEN EN ARUBA

De Rijksministerraad heeft op voorstel van minister Remkes van Binnenlandse Zaken en Koninkrijksrelaties ingestemd met een tweetal benoemingen.

De heer mr. G.E.M. Polkamp (52) wordt voorgedragen voor benoeming tot lid van het Gemeenschappelijk Hof van Justitie van de Nederlandse Antillen en Aruba. Momenteel is de heer Polkamp plaatsvervangend lid van het Hof. De benoeming gaat in op 1 januari 2003.

De heer mr. P.A.P.J. van der Sloot (50) wordt voorgedragen voor benoeming tot plaatsvervangend lid van het Gemeenschappelijk Hof van Justitie van de Nederlandse Antillen en Aruba. De heer van der Sloot is nu werkzaam als kabinetschef bij de procureur-generaal van Aruba. De benoeming gaat in op 1 januari 2003 voor een periode van drie jaar.

RVD, 20.12.2002

ANP Pers Support, de redactie van het ANP is niet verantwoordelijk voor de inhoud.

Laatste persberichten van: Rvd/dg

The realm council of ministers on proposal of minister Remkes of internal matter and kingdom relations with a pair appointments has agreed. The lord Mr. G.E.M. Polkamp (52) are proposed for appointment to member of the common Court of Justice of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba. At present Mr Polkamp deputy member of the court is. The appointment discusses 1 January 2003. The lord Mr. P.A.P.J. of of the ditch (50) is proposed for appointment to deputy member of the common Court of Justice of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba. The lord of of the ditch is now operative as a principal private secretary at the Procurator-General of Aruba. The appointment discusses 1 January 2003 for a period of three years.

LOL @ "the lord of the ditch." It made more sense in Dutch!
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #382 on: June 23, 2005, 09:17:11 PM »

Quote from: "LilOrphan"
Question:  Latest rumor floating around is that the VdS house is now boarded up. Where is Anita VdS and why would they all board up and leave the house?

She may have left for Holland with police approval.

Greta referred to it as "closed up" and "boarded up" when they went there this morning first thing.  Then she said she suspects they knew he was going to be arrested and were in a different location to avoid the cameras.

Not sure if that's what happened, or not.
Itawamba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #383 on: June 23, 2005, 09:17:15 PM »

I saw a news photo and it was "boarded up" in the sense that the big outdoor shutters were all closed over the windows.
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #384 on: June 23, 2005, 09:17:21 PM »

Quote from: "tuberide"
...anyone find it odd that if PAPASloot was intelligent enough to actually orchestrate and possibly participate in this ordeal, that he would be dumb enough to then  hang himself with his interviews with media, etc??

And the answer would be :::bing! bing! bing!::: SCOTT PETERSON!
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #385 on: June 23, 2005, 09:17:51 PM »

Gee, I was at the doctors all day got home, and saw scared monkeys on CNN.  Thought they might read one of my posts!!!
Hello all!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
puggywug
Scared Monkey

« Reply #386 on: June 23, 2005, 09:18:09 PM »

Quote from: "ExTexinAZ"
Quote from: "puggywug"
Quote from: "ExTexinAZ"
My stomach is turning over what O'Liely just reported on Fox about Jessica Lunsford.   Crying or Very sad

I missed it.  Will you fill us in?

They're saying that Jessica was kept alive for 3 days in his (the perp's)house while 3 other people were also in the house witnessing it all.  She was then buried alive in garbage bags.  Something about the police botched the investigation.  Didn't hear much past that.  I was in tears.  Let's just hope the same didn't happen to NH - that she was alive in their house when the police/BHT, etc. came to the VDS house that night.
This is all too much to handle.  White wine spritzers are helping!

*OFF TOPIC*
Oh, BLESS Jessica's little heart.  She must have been so terrified!  Why on earth aren't the other people being charged with accessory to the crime or anything?  This case is pitiful.  It breaks my heart.....I PRAY Natalee is alive.  Oh, and vodka tonics are helping me along...

A Pug in a monkey Suit!
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #387 on: June 23, 2005, 09:18:43 PM »

Quote from: "cancon"

is European law based on the Napoleonic Code which is once charged you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent??

that is tough because of course the state has way more resources than the average defendant, guys like MJ excepted of course.........

Cancon
my understanding is yes, and that is what is driving some crazy
tuberide
Scared Monkey

« Reply #388 on: June 23, 2005, 09:18:47 PM »

Quote from: "clevfan1234"
Ok 1 last time, how far in miles or time by foot is it from Mariott to VDS house?

I am interested in learning this too

http://www.arubatravelinfo.com/maps/arubabeachmap.jpg

id say approx 1 mile! little less possibly

think positive
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #389 on: June 23, 2005, 09:19:04 PM »

Quote from: "mehill10"
Quote from: "Juvenal"
Quote from: "mehill10"
hay arubagirl you remember talking the KIA prison  I saw a guy on fox talking  about it He said that they just open up a new wing in the prison he also said it was as nice as any prison in the USA  is that true?

Nice as any prison in the U.S.A? That's still not saying much.

no I think the guy was saying it is a nice prison much nicer than most US prisons, esp the new wing[/quote
so you saw it too

Nice? Wow, I never thought of a prison being nice.

Somehow being locked up virtually alone never sounds nice.
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #390 on: June 23, 2005, 09:19:14 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Question:  Latest rumor floating around is that the VdS house is now boarded up. Where is Anita VdS and why would they all board up and leave the house?

Greta referred to it as "closed up" and "boarded up" when they went there this morning first thing.  Then she said she suspects they knew he was going to be arrested and were in a different location to avoid the cameras.

Not sure if that's what happened, or not.

Think about it. People there are going to be so mad at what was brought on them. It sounds like anticipation of a Human Hurricane because something is about to be found. IMO
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #391 on: June 23, 2005, 09:19:18 PM »

Quote from: "KackyLacky"

yes, I learned several days ago from a friend and GVS's name means of sister. This from someone ( me) whose surname means "head of a goat" in my heritage language.

ja that makes sense the dutch word for sister is zuster and zusteren would be plural and somewhere down the line the Z got changed to an S makes sense because our last name is a German name that was Dutchified and when I went to Aruba, the customs guards got a good laugh....
coco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #392 on: June 23, 2005, 09:19:20 PM »

Hey Shellbell - no laptop at the docs?

Hope the news was good!
Terry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #393 on: June 23, 2005, 09:19:39 PM »

Quote from: "Itawamba"
I saw a news photo and it was "boarded up" in the sense that the big outdoor shutters were all closed over the windows.
Ah ha. I was thinking boards over the windows. Threw me for a loop.

Thanks!!
icey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #394 on: June 23, 2005, 09:19:46 PM »

Sorry if this was asked before but does anyone know if I could obtain one of the prayer cards and wrist bands that Beth is passing out?  I would love to make a donation and possibly receive these items.  I would like to have these items to show support from the Chicago, Il area, where I live.

Also, Are there other donation opportunities other than the AmSouth fund?

icey

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..
Here is the donation info for the AmSouth Holloway fund:

How to support the Holloway/Twitty family
A trust fund has been set up to support Natalee Holloway's mother, Beth Twitty, who has pledged to stay in Aruba until her daughter is found.

Contributions may be made at any AmSouth Bank, or by mail to:

Natalee Holloway Trust
    AmSouth Bank
    P.O. Box 11426
    Birmingham, AL 35202

Please note on your check that the donation is for the search effort.
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #395 on: June 23, 2005, 09:20:29 PM »

Quote from: "coco"
Hey Shellbell - no laptop at the docs?

Hope the news was good!

No, it sucked!!!!!  I never want to go through that again.  They filled me with all kinds of nuclear meds.  I find out the results hopefully tomorrow.  Thanks for asking!!!
arrabba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #396 on: June 23, 2005, 09:20:33 PM »

She didn't seem like someone who would leave her son and husband in jail and go away. Seems so steadfast and loyal.  That's kind of odd if she did.

Probably hiding from greta
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #397 on: June 23, 2005, 09:20:37 PM »

Quote from: "Itawamba"

Interesting. I wonder if she's having to stay somewhere else because people are hounding her especially since she still ahs two young boys.
Juvenal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #398 on: June 23, 2005, 09:20:57 PM »

Quote from: "Juvenal"
Quote from: "neil"
Juvenal,

I think that in inquisition is to the advantage of the government, and historically inquisitions have resulted in confessions.

If we are interested in freedom and justice, then I think we need to understand first that government is the most incompetent form of organization known, and secondly that government is the most dangerous form of organization known.

Don't we want innocent people to be safe from the power of government? How is that possible if we are supposed to trust in beaurecrats to reach the conclusion that one is innocent or guilty? (Not likely, thank you.)

You might be right that common law keeps the concepts of "law" and "government" seperate better than does civil law (and they are two different things). That would definitely be an advantage of common law.

I agree with you. I prefer common law. I'm just saying that common law does have its weaknesses, and Michael Jackson being able to pay Mesereau to get him off the hook is one of those.

Or, if you prefer, OJ could pony up the cash for Johnnie C. And he walked.

Also, the "inquisition" is not the same as the "Spanish Inquisition" of the 16th century. All it means is that you have a panel of judges who examine plaintiff/defendant/witnesses. They don't torture people, as a general practice, to get confessions, anymore.

is European law based on the Napoleonic Code which is once charged you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent??

that is tough because of course the state has way more resources than the average defendant, guys like MJ excepted of course.........

Yeah, same basic thing, cancon, except "Napoleonic Code" just applies to French-speaking countries: Louisiana in U.S.A. and, I assume, Quebec.

I could be wrong, but I think Louisiana has code law (as opposed to common law), but with adversarial courtroom procedure.

If anyone's a lawyer and/or has done jail time in Louisiana, they might be able to correct if me if I'm wrong.  Wink
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #399 on: June 23, 2005, 09:21:47 PM »

I bet Greta has some securtiy following her!!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.