April 24, 2024, 05:24:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #20 - 6/23/05 Evening  (Read 263984 times)
Whitney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2005, 07:38:46 PM »

Quote from: "cancon"
Quote from: "nancy_drew

I'm quite certain Beth Twitty said they landed in Aruba at 11pm.  It was in her long two-part initial interview with Greta.  Does anyone have a link to the transcripts at Fox?  I was there the other night and now can't find where they're hidden?  In that interview Beth gave a complete timeline...at least that's what I recall.  I'll try to find the transcript.

I agree nancy that was my recollection, Beth said she found out at 11:00 am and was in Aruba by 11:00 pm

I thought Jug gave a more precise time line last night to Greta but now I cannot remember it

They were at Joran's house by around 3 AM he said...but he also said that they were there within about 3 hours from landing in Aruba....Aruba is ET, Alabama is CT, so he may have been looking at his watch...and depending what time it was set to...but he did state it was around 3 AM when he showed at Joran's the first time and around 3:45 AM the second time.
WonderWoman
Scared Monkey

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2005, 07:39:09 PM »

Quote from: "coco"
Hannie - I think a lot of folks keep forgetting the "different justice system" and just keep making the assumptions we would make if these people were arrested in the US. It's frustrating to see the immediate jumps into "guilty" mode when this happens.

And a lot of folks arrested in the US and "convicted" in the media turn out to be innocent too.

We're not good at those grey areas it seems.

Coco....very much agreed.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2005, 07:39:16 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
By the way, if anyone remembers nativelingo, she's on vacation. That's why she hasn't been around.

Cool thanks for the update. I was wondering.
heartache
Scared Monkey

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2005, 07:39:21 PM »

Thanks Arubagirl... was  thinking that perhaps Papa VDS might have known some of the more unsavory cops and made a request for clean up, thinking they would be a little more saavy about that type of thing, as opposed to some Boat DJ.
Kat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2005, 07:39:28 PM »

Quote from: "Catriana"
Quote from: "Kat"
You know what would be really cool Cat?  A message at the bottom of the closing thread so this Kat doesn't sit there like an idiot hitting refresh for 5 minutes...

LYMI!  Wink

We do put a note on the bottom....  but sometimes, I think people pass that note while they are typing replies!

Cool  Cool

I guess my ADD would explain that.  

(Thanks, Cat. Well done on the management piece BTW.)
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2005, 07:40:01 PM »

Quote from: "cancon"
Quote from: "nancy_drew

I'm quite certain Beth Twitty said they landed in Aruba at 11pm.  It was in her long two-part initial interview with Greta.  Does anyone have a link to the transcripts at Fox?  I was there the other night and now can't find where they're hidden?  In that interview Beth gave a complete timeline...at least that's what I recall.  I'll try to find the transcript.

I agree nancy that was my recollection, Beth said she found out at 11:00 am and was in Aruba by 11:00 pm

I thought Jug gave a more precise time line last night to Greta but now I cannot remember it

Cancon:

These should help:

Beth Twitty's interview with Greta:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,159779,00.html
Jug Twitty's interview with Greta:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,159899,00.html

The Jug Twitty interview was from 6/17, was there a more recent one with Greta? Not sure.
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2005, 07:40:07 PM »

Quote from: "puggywug"
Quote from: "da wench"
Scott wrote: "If, by some incomprehendible circumstance, the truth is that her son is not responsible for Natalee's disappearance, his life, in no way, is ruined. In fact, he would likely be exonerated by the court of public opinion as another victim in this tragedy, as well as in the Aruban legal system."

Yes, and a book deal to boot!

Yes - book deal, movie deal.  He would profit from American capitalism, for sure!

And whether he gets convicted or not, I'm sure he'll have marraige proposals up the wazzoo!

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2005, 07:40:22 PM »

What about our pregnant one?   Any word on a baby.  Has AmericaninAruba stopped by with an update?
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2005, 07:40:57 PM »

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
What about our pregnant one?   Any word on a baby.  Has AmericaninAruba stopped by with an update?

Did DJ go into labor????

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2005, 07:41:06 PM »

They all stated 11pm..they got on the plane as soon they could.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2005, 07:42:02 PM »

heartache, I don't think an Aruban (i.e. Aruban descent) would cover up that quickly for a Dutch official. See, he doesn't have any real influence or power, and I don't think he's that rich to offer a lot of money.

I'm not saying that we're all perfect angels, I'm saying that Arubans don't trust Dutch people that easily.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2005, 07:42:11 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
They all stated 11pm..they got on the plane as soon they could.

They also got internation flight plan approval in record time.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2005, 07:42:34 PM »

Anyone watch Dan Abrahms tonight?

There was a family friend of the VDS' on, stated he was an American--Bob something. He said the judge's arrest was because of the media crush in Aruba, and that Joran's civil rights were being violated. He obviously was comparing Aruba practices against US practices. I just thought it was interesting. Also, he said that Anita while "stunned" was not really surprised as she thought it may be coming.

When asked what pvds' position was he could not answer. But a lady attorney who had worked with pvds in the prosecution office previously said he was a nice kind man, and that many on the island were shocled
icey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2005, 07:43:28 PM »

We'll even though I wish for Natalee's safe return, I have to say the story sounded like a murder or accidental death and cover-up from the start.

With the arrest of SC and papa, it points to a story of a natalee dieing at the beach or the house, and papa helping cover it up. SC fit's in with suppling the drugs and possibly a boat to dispose of the body. (The 6:30 am call could be a confirmation that the deed was done, and to reaffirm the "dropped her at HI" lie.

My apologies and prayers to Natalee and her family and friends for discussing this in such a cold manner. I wish Natalee was alive, and could be safely returned to her family. But all the lies seem to point to a simple truth that Natalee has perished.

May those who treated her with such disrespect burn in hell!

icey
coco
Scared Monkey

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2005, 07:43:41 PM »

Juvenal - I certainly understand the posse reaction - my daughter, who is now a responsible young woman, stayed out overnight once when she was 15 with no word to me - I was at the police station immediately filing a report. (and since we live in a small town, the local tough cop was at our house when she returned home to give her quite a talking to!)

But I've also travelled to the Carib. and have lots of friends there - a lot of tourists including the young spring breakers, etc - get pretty out of control and act in a way that looks irresponsible. It would not surprise me if local authorities thought - oops, another young lady got too drunk or decided to stay with new boyfriend or ran away. We even here in the states have to wait, what 24 hours or so before a missing person report is taken seriously. It does seem that the initial police report was mishandled and not filed - that's awful - but I'm not convinced the Aruban police are off the wall. In fact, a lot of parents in the US whose teens go missing complain that it's almost impossible to convince the cops they are not runaways.

still a mystery
wantsanswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2005, 07:44:11 PM »

Joran is a kid, but the dad is an adult working for the government. You would think he would have just told him to tell the truth and nothing much would happen to him with his father in the position he is in.  What was he thinking?
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2005, 07:44:17 PM »

hasibokos has posted more as promised and now the larger american papers are picking up the story as well - nytimes, washpost

PDATE 33: Hasibokos.com has received confirmation that Paul van der Sloot has been arrested on Thursday afternoon. According to a report by TOP95 the public prosecutions spokesperson Mariaine Croes confirmed to them that van der Sloot has been arrested because they suspect that either he had something to do with the disappearance of Natalee Paul van der SlootHolloway or he knows more information regarding her disappearance. We understood that he is being interrogated at the police station at Noord and will remain in custody thereafter. Up until now the Dutch media has not dedicated much attention to the Holloway disappearance, but after the arrest of Joran van der Sloot almost 2 weeks ago, the Dutch media began reporting more developments in this case. We can predict that the arrest of Paul van der Sloot on Thursday will definitely change things as the unexpected arrest of a Dutch jude-in-training is already covering most of the headlines of the online news media in The Netherlands  We expect most of the printed media to follow on Friday. The arrest of Paul van der Sloot in Aruba took place in the afternoon in Aruba and was reported inmediatly in The Netherlands. Considering the European time zone that The Netherlands is in (6 hours ahead), the news was reported in evening hours over there. Almost all the online news media in The Netherlands are reporting that the Aruban authorities are not really pursuing this case as a Search & Rescue (anymore). According to the Dutch media the Aruban authorities believe that a crime has been committed and that this has led to Natalee’s death.  Also because of the fact that Natalee has been missing for more than 3 weeks now,  the authorities are conducting a murder investigation.  The fact the suspect have been changing their stories it's believed that they are hiding something. Hasibokos.com has lost count of the times that the suspects, especially Joran van der Sloot, changed their stories. According to a (unconfirmed) recent information we got, Joran has changed his statement again. He is still saying that he did not harm Natalee in any way but he has admitted now that he was not dropped at home but instead had spend more time with Natalee (allegedly on the beach) on the night of her disappearance.

http://www.hasibokos.com/hbknews/default.asp?view=day&blogDate=6/10/2005

The state of the condition insults my intuition
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2005, 07:44:20 PM »

Kacky Lacky yes we could debate for days on the topic, I could quote directly from Osama Bin Laden but we'll leave the politics aside except Arubian politics, that's a whole other discussion board......

does Anita Van Der Sloot feel her family is being railroaded perhaps by her comments today

I do feel sorry for her, if her son and husband are guilty of some crimes yet to be determined, I don't think she's in on the truth, not quite yet....
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2005, 07:44:30 PM »

Arubans don't trust Dutch people that easily.

Colonization is traditionally less popular with the colonee Wink
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2005, 07:45:00 PM »

NANCY GRACE ON CNN JUST SAID  She feels that perhaps the judge put the kids up to that original statment.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.