April 19, 2024, 08:44:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #20 - 6/23/05 Evening  (Read 263893 times)
asdf
Scared Monkey

« Reply #900 on: June 23, 2005, 11:32:04 PM »

Quote from: "bendex"
Quote from: "asdf"
bendex - NO PUN INTENDED BUT JUST OUT OF CURIOUSITY, WHY DO YOU TYPE IN CAPS?  thanks.

I LIKE TO GET NOTED !? sorry i did not know rwriting in caps in the world of blogs is rude

Oh it's probably not, I was just curious.
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #901 on: June 23, 2005, 11:32:22 PM »

Ok I'm actually going to bed tonight...let's hope something happens SOON, geez.

KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #902 on: June 23, 2005, 11:32:46 PM »

Quote from: "Ting"
not willing to blame anyone yet ... still all hearsay and rumour

Indeed. A small detail we all (including me) tend to forget as we scurry around like drunken squirrels.

Which may be what we are intended to do...

Very Happy scurrying away with no nuts, only imaginary ones! The picture of squirrels running about is a cute one. Very Happy
columbo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #903 on: June 23, 2005, 11:33:32 PM »

Quote from: "inspector_detector"
Quote from: "rcjasinski"
Quote from: "bob_in_MD"
Weird question perhaps --  but what does that gang sign that we see the boys giving in the photographs mean?

Someone posted it was sexual in nature.  Where might those fingers go?  Shocked

You couldn't have found a better emoticon for that post! Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I noticed that to, cracking up here!! Too Funny!  Laughing  Laughing
gaijin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #904 on: June 23, 2005, 11:33:33 PM »

Quote from: "mbhs05"

what are you stilll doing here, girl?
DAG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #905 on: June 23, 2005, 11:34:07 PM »

Is that your horse in your avatar???

It is beautiful!!!
Ocicat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #906 on: June 23, 2005, 11:34:08 PM »

Just a brain-addled lurker trying to put a few pieces together before I go to bed. I found the link to BH's Mom's interview on Fox very helpful. Most everything on the board is speculative but here's where I am at:

1. JVD changed his story. No one would do that in a case like this unless they were involved right? If innocent, they would come totally clean and not get caught in a lie. So today, for the first time I am SURE he is in on this. Until now, I thought it was more speculative.
2. BH's Mom says on the interview that JVD-Dad revealed something to her in her meeting with him that made her think he knew something. Coincidentally, the very next day (today), he is arrested. So, I am feeling much more sure Dad is in on it.
3. In interview, BH's Mom seems clear in delineating what is her "intuition" versus what is based on real information. I gathered that, based on real information, she believes more people are involved.

Bare bones but that's where my head is at. This is all I am now accepting for sure. I think everything else is speculative- the whys and wherefores-- who knows.
I have to say that thinking there are more folks in on this gives me some (tiny) hope she is alive as opposed to a solitary act by JVD.

I've enjoyed the conversation (when constructive and friendly) on the board. Thank you and good night!
bendex
Scared Monkey

« Reply #907 on: June 23, 2005, 11:34:36 PM »

I did not ask for a response

Quote from: "Juvenal"
JUVENAL PLEASE DONT PITTY YOURSELF, NOBODY IS BLAMING THE STATES , LOTS OF HORRIBLE CRIMES ARE COMMITED AT EVERY PART OF THE WORLD MANY OF THEM NOT RECIEVING THE SAME ATTENTION AS THE CASE OF NATALEE AND STAY UNSOLVED. I THINK HANNIE WAS AMING AT THAT. THE REMARK ABOUT EUROPE OR ARUBA ARE SENSLESS ,
 LOOK UPON IT THIS WAY YET AGAIN THE WORLD HAS LOST ANOTHER GREAT CREATURE OF LIFE WHO MIGHT HAVE CONTRIBUTED FOR THE BEST IN THE WORLD WE LIVE IN ......... NATALEE HOLLOWAY !

Quote from: "Juvenal"
Quote from: "HannieC"
But what they are doing know in aruba, seems to me only they arrest a lot of people to make the americans happy

You know what would make me happy?

If people would stop murdering Americans or causing them to disappear, you wouldn't have to worry about what we do.

Europe could continue it's long, self-induced slide into complete irrelevance, and we'd be content to let you do it.

But, on the other hand, you're right. Clearly, every arrest in this case was made on the express orders of the U.S. media.

And all this, of course, is just the secret preliminary run-up to the U.S. invasion of Aruba, so we can get our grubby hands on their massive oil supply.

bendex--

Retype your message properly (ie not in all caps) and I'll be happy to respond.

Only the facts
Whitney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #908 on: June 23, 2005, 11:34:39 PM »

Quote from: "LilOrphan"
Quote from: "absolut"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "sandinmytoes"
Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Well, absolut and Cali Girl, you are apparently the only two people currently online who read my big, long theory last night about Lorenzo.   Laughing

I sent it to absolt! lol

I'd like to read it if someone could PM it to me please!!

Today I posted it on the theory board:

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/Discussion/viewtopic.php?t=263

Ok...so what if Lorenzo has some "dirt" on Pappa Van Der Sloot.  Lorenzo tells Joran he wants an American girl or else he'd tell all and Pappa will loose his job, etc?  Joran is scared but delivers Natalee to Lorenzo.  Once Joran gets home he tells his dad "something bad happened".  Pappa, not wanting Lorenzo to talk but knows Joran will be the prime suspect when Natallee turns up missing comes up with alibi.  Everyone is scared of Lorenzo and the people he associates with...they are all affraid to talk.

and all this is hatched between say 9:30pm and the time the dance at CNC's?

But remember a post made by the chaperone's wife's friend who said that Natalee had been spending time with a "known drug dealer" (but she wasn't aware he was one) during the trip?  Some folks assumed that was Joran. Maybe it wasn't.

We don't know for certain she didn't meet him. Some sources from Aruba who've been accurate about other info have alluded to previous interaction between the two.

Who knows. This case is craaazy and if she can be brought home alive and well, I'd settle for alien abduction theories. Smile
Nice scenario...I'm essentially posting this to myself so I can find it later!
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #909 on: June 23, 2005, 11:34:58 PM »

Quote from: "gaijin"

Sigh....lurking. I'm doing it again. Oy.

WonderWoman
Scared Monkey

« Reply #910 on: June 23, 2005, 11:35:04 PM »

Quote from: "Ting"
not willing to blame anyone yet ... still all hearsay and rumour

Indeed. A small detail we all (including me) tend to forget as we scurry around like drunken squirrels.

Which may be what we are intended to do...

uh huh
tuberide
Scared Monkey

« Reply #911 on: June 23, 2005, 11:35:40 PM »

Quote from: "asdf"
bendex - NO PUN INTENDED BUT JUST OUT OF CURIOUSITY, WHY DO YOU TYPE IN CAPS?  thanks.

I LIKE TO GET NOTED !? sorry i did not know rwriting in caps in the world of blogs is rude

think positive
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #912 on: June 23, 2005, 11:35:44 PM »

Quote from: "DAG"

Is that your horse in your avatar???

It is beautiful!!!

Yes that's my BABY, Johnny. THe most seriously spoiled horse ever, probably.

KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #913 on: June 23, 2005, 11:36:03 PM »

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
She said she was there for a family celebration.  No details.
'
for a week, heard about this the day before she left or the day she left. Because she said she worried all the way home.
gaijin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #914 on: June 23, 2005, 11:36:25 PM »

outside of taking care of the cat...you been here all day...
(not to start a "kitten thread" again, Tom)

dont burn out, babe..
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #915 on: June 23, 2005, 11:37:24 PM »

outside of taking care of the cat...you been here all day...
(not to start a "kitten thread" again, Tom)

dont burn out, babe..

Nah, I was out for horse training earlier...got home about 7:30, 8:00 and have been on since then. But now...OFF. Must. Stop.
I just keep thinking I'll MISS something important!

KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #916 on: June 23, 2005, 11:37:29 PM »

Quote from: "Ocicat"
Just a brain-addled lurker trying to put a few pieces together before I go to bed. I found the link to BH's Mom's interview on Fox very helpful. Most everything on the board is speculative but here's where I am at:

1. JVD changed his story. No one would do that in a case like this unless they were involved right? If innocent, they would come totally clean and not get caught in a lie. So today, for the first time I am SURE he is in on this. Until now, I thought it was more speculative.
2. BH's Mom says on the interview that JVD-Dad revealed something to her in her meeting with him that made her think he knew something. Coincidentally, the very next day (today), he is arrested. So, I am feeling much more sure Dad is in on it.
3. In interview, BH's Mom seems clear in delineating what is her "intuition" versus what is based on real information. I gathered that, based on real information, she believes more people are involved.

Bare bones but that's where my head is at. This is all I am now accepting for sure. I think everything else is speculative- the whys and wherefores-- who knows.
I have to say that thinking there are more folks in on this gives me some (tiny) hope she is alive as opposed to a solitary act by JVD.

I've enjoyed the conversation (when constructive and friendly) on the board. Thank you and good night!

welcome Ocicat!
CancunMole
Scared Monkey

« Reply #917 on: June 23, 2005, 11:37:58 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "sandinmytoes"
Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Well, absolut and Cali Girl, you are apparently the only two people currently online who read my big, long theory last night about Lorenzo.   Laughing

I sent it to absolt! lol

I'd like to read it if someone could PM it to me please!!

Today I posted it on the theory board:

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/Discussion/viewtopic.php?t=263

Ok...so what if Lorenzo has some "dirt" on Pappa Van Der Sloot.  Lorenzo tells Joran he wants an American girl or else he'd tell all and Pappa will loose his job, etc?  Joran is scared but delivers Natalee to Lorenzo.  Once Joran gets home he tells his dad "something bad happened".  Pappa, not wanting Lorenzo to talk but knows Joran will be the prime suspect when Natallee turns up missing comes up with alibi.  Everyone is scared of Lorenzo and the people he associates with...they are all affraid to talk.

and all this is hatched between say 9:30pm and the time the dance at CNC's?

But remember a post made by the chaperone's wife's friend who said that Natalee had been spending time with a "known drug dealer" (but she wasn't aware he was one) during the trip?  Some folks assumed that was Joran. Maybe it wasn't.

We don't know for certain she didn't meet him. Some sources from Aruba who've been accurate about other info have alluded to previous interaction between the two.

Who knows. This case is craaazy and if she can be brought home alive and well, I'd settle for alien abduction theories. Smile

This is a post that was discussed previously but I'm wondering if it might have more significance now. We know that MB folks have been back and forth so who, how and why was this posted?

Location: Gardendale,AL    Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject:    

i saw this on riehl world view Posted on "The Troubling Puzzle" blog:

I'm in Mountain Brook and from the people who have recently returned from Aruba is that Van der Sloot's dad was seen at a McDonald's at 3 a.m. the night Natalee disappeared. I don't think this has been reported in the mainstream media so hopefully this will help those of of you who are following this closely. This is my first post here and I'm posting something I think all of you might find significant. Natalee goes missing at about 1 to 1:30 a.m. and the Van der Sloot's dad is seen at a McDonalds at 3a.m. I assume the dad has a job and would have to be at work the next day. There to me it is very suspicious....... Posted by: samthebam | June 19, 2005 03:35 PM interesting might explain why dad is being questioned
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #918 on: June 23, 2005, 11:38:12 PM »

What I was saying is that it's ridiculous to suggest that the Arubans are making arrests only to make Americans happy, as the poster I cited had suggested.

I think it is pretty clear that the US would like to wind the case up.

I hope that all parties will be able to agree on an arrangement that will return Natalee to her family.

I do not think that her mother will settle for less, and I said before, even if she is encouraged to do so by her own government.
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #919 on: June 23, 2005, 11:38:13 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Quote from: "RB"
Maybe you have further info you haven't posted. But, I don't see any facts at all.

Post some of your own, nancy.  I'd like to see them Smile

That's not the point RB. This isn't a tit for tat crime game or "my theory is better than your theory" deal.  I don't have a theory yet...we went over that yesterday.  I'm truly not trying to be difficult. I've read the theory and in my opinion it doesn't have legs or even toes. I say that in a respectful way.  Now, if a group is serious enough about this theory to do real research to link it up...that's different.  It may well turn into something important.

Thing is, a good, solid theory can't just sound good, or contain juicy hearsay... to hold up it's got to have some real live facts.  We aren't writing scripts for CSI.

Perhaps you don't see how you can be interpreted in your posts.  I'll explain.  Note:  you may not mean to be perceived this way, but since you wish to debate it, I'm there for you. Smile

When you end your post with "I don't see any facts at all", the impression is your discounting someone else's thoughts and suppositions as if it must be proved to you.  In that perception I'm describing, you are not the final authority in this case, and you are not a part of the investigative authorities in Aruba.  You have no different "facts" than anyone else.

Perhaps you like to lend helping develop a theory, rather than providing an armchair judgement what is and isn't "fact."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.