March 28, 2024, 06:05:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #20 - 6/23/05 Evening  (Read 263441 times)
asdf
Scared Monkey

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2005, 07:33:11 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Quote from: "Kat"
You know what would be really cool Cat?  A message at the bottom of the closing thread so this Kat doesn't sit there like an idiot hitting refresh for 5 minutes...

LYMI!  Wink

She put that note in and another post slide in under it before the lock.

You know what I like about reading your posts?  You manage to say the same thing in one line rather than in a paragraph.  Good writing, nice job.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2005, 07:33:14 PM »

Quote from: "da wench"

And don't forget...the war in Iraq is "in its last throws."

Quote from: "KackyLacky"

unless you listen to Gen Abizaid today testifying in front of Congress. At which time he said the "insurgence" was as strong as ever.I believe him, he has actually been there, not behind a desk getting "updates" from sycophants.

Quote from: "cancon"

sure because whenever the Islamists smell weakness in American resolve they step it up a few notches, that is how you go from WTC 1993 to WTC 2001, but hey that's just my own opinion......

I find it curious too what is starting to happen in Lebanon, Iraq the sequel perhaps and the US had absolutely nothing to do with driving Syria out of their 20 year occupation of Lebanon, the Lebanese people made their feelings known and the UN finally did something right,  the Islamists called Hezbollah are itching to start a civil war and the Syrians are pissed off at having to leave with their tails between their legs and man do they hate anything that remotely smells like democracy and thusly the terror tactics begin in Lebanon......

Cancon, I would LOVE to debate this with you, but everyone may start slinging arrows at us. I find it interesting however, that a certain group of politics decided that Al-Jareeza were repeating Durbin's comments (mind you, I think he was way way over the line and it pissed me off) over and over and over, only to have it proven it was NOT.As a matter of fact was even given little notice on their website. I just realize that not agreeing with the war ( remember my son is there right now) does not mean I have no respect or love of my military or country. I just think we were lied to. And as an American, that is my opinion.
That said, friends?  Very Happy
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2005, 07:33:36 PM »

Scott wrote: "If, by some incomprehendible circumstance, the truth is that her son is not responsible for Natalee's disappearance, his life, in no way, is ruined. In fact, he would likely be exonerated by the court of public opinion as another victim in this tragedy, as well as in the Aruban legal system."

Yes, and a book deal to boot!

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
sarah
Scared Monkey

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2005, 07:33:48 PM »

Quote from: "TG"
So do YOU (posters) believe he killed her or it was an accident or (gasp) she met foul play after him at like say 3:30am?

Two weeks ago I thought for sure Joran killed her accidently (drugs most likely).
Now I have no idea.  Inspector makes a damn good point about Jorans actions in the days following her disappearance (if those are true).

Seems he was calm, cool, and collected.  But remember Scott Peterson?
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2005, 07:33:49 PM »

Are you guys watching the report on CNN?

Joran is truly EVIL

Casey's only truthful statement:  "Well...maybe I'm a spiteful bitch"

God Don't Like Ugly
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2005, 07:33:56 PM »

Quote from: "sarah"
Quote from: "DT"
You know I've asked like four people who watched the interview last night with Jug on On THe Record, and none of them remember anyone saying that Joran was in school bragging about having sex with holloway. I didn't hear this either but I missed part of the interview. Does anyone remember if this was said?

I believe I heard that he was talking about it at school, but don't recall the word "sex" as ever being used.  Remember, a teacher called Anita and told her that Joran needed to stop talking about it because Natalee was still missing.  Why don't they talk to the kids at school and find out exactly what he was saying?

Right I heard things about him talking at school, and I remember a statement from his mother about kids asking him what happened that night. But I don't remember the words bragging or sex.  Maybe he implied it?
harleymom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2005, 07:34:44 PM »

Another difference between the legal systems is here in the US a minor can not be interrogated without a parent present... or at least have the testimony in court.  Also in the US you can have a lawyer present who generally controls your answers.

From what I understand, the boys do not have lawyers and we know the parents aren't there.   This would never happen the the US otherwise the case couldn't include anything he says without lawyer or folks present... I think.?
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2005, 07:34:48 PM »

Quote from: "coco"
Hannie - I think a lot of folks keep forgetting the "different justice system" and just keep making the assumptions we would make if these people were arrested in the US. It's frustrating to see the immediate jumps into "guilty" mode when this happens.

And a lot of folks arrested in the US and "convicted" in the media turn out to be innocent too.

We're not good at those grey areas it seems.

Maybe Hannie can correct me if I get this example wrong  Wink

In the US when a crime happens, a report is made, then start investigating etc etc then when they have enough facts they put out a warrant and arrest someone etc etc

Dutch system when a crime happens, someone's taken, investigating starts, then the facts come, then the charges are pressed etc etc

Huge differences. Har dto understand but not everywhere is like the US.
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2005, 07:35:10 PM »

CNN THINKS that it is very significant that the judge is arrested.  They just called it "A big break"

They also do not believe Joran left Natalee walking alone on a beach.  They believe there is much significance in that as well

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2005, 07:35:16 PM »

I have not EVER, EVER heard that the cops are on the 'take', in the example that you referenced.

We have had dirty cops, certainly, but not so blatantly.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
Kat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2005, 07:35:17 PM »

Quote from: "asdf"
You know what would be really cool Cat?  A message at the bottom of the closing thread so this Kat doesn't sit there like an idiot hitting refresh for 5 minutes...

LYMI!  Wink

She put that note in and another post slide in under it before the lock.

You know what I like about reading your posts?  You manage to say the same thing in one line rather than in a paragraph.  Good writing, nice job.

Why thank you.  I'll pass this along to my husband, who won't believe it.
Juvenal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2005, 07:35:17 PM »

Quote from: "coco"
Wantsanswers - the hats and tight jeans are great ... the posse mentality is not.

That said, I'd be posse-ing if my daughter were missing too - but that doesn't make it the best way to deal with things, IMO.

coco--

Can we agree that the local LE seemed paralyzed, for whatever reason, and the "posse attitude" at that point would be understandable?

I cannot fault them for taking matters into their own hands.
writergal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2005, 07:35:18 PM »

To answer the question Absolut posed in Thread 19: Aruba Girl's observation that Joran is implicated by virtue of the fact that he keeps changing his story seems indisputable. Something bad happened to Natalee, and he knows what that was, or helped to cause it. Possibly he committed what the police call "a rape gone wrong." She might have run from  him after the attack, he chased her, she fell and injured herself very badly--perhaps striking her head on a rock. She died and he was left with a body on his hands. Or--he appears to be a big strong guy--she could have screamed, and he tried to quiet her forcibly.
puggywug
Scared Monkey

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2005, 07:35:26 PM »

Scott wrote: "If, by some incomprehendible circumstance, the truth is that her son is not responsible for Natalee's disappearance, his life, in no way, is ruined. In fact, he would likely be exonerated by the court of public opinion as another victim in this tragedy, as well as in the Aruban legal system."

Yes, and a book deal to boot!

Yes - book deal, movie deal.  He would profit from American capitalism, for sure!

A Pug in a monkey Suit!
Catriana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2005, 07:35:33 PM »

LYMI!  Wink

We do put a note on the bottom....  but sometimes, I think people pass that note while they are typing replies!

Cool  Cool

Summaries Available at Tom and Red's Weblog   www.scaredmonkeys.com [/i]
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2005, 07:35:33 PM »

unless you listen to Gen Abizaid today testifying in front of Congress. At which time he said the "insurgence" was as strong as ever.I believe him, he has actually been there, not behind a desk getting "updates" from sycophants.

sure because whenever the Islamists smell weakness in American resolve they step it up a few notches, that is how you go from WTC 1993 to WTC 2001, but hey that's just my own opinion......

I find it curious too what is starting to happen in Lebanon, Iraq the sequel perhaps and the US had absolutely nothing to do with driving Syria out of their 20 year occupation of Lebanon, the Lebanese people made their feelings known and the UN finally did something right,  the Islamists called Hezbollah are itching to start a civil war and the Syrians are pissed off at having to leave with their tails between their legs and man do they hate anything that remotely smells like democracy and thusly the terror tactics begin in Lebanon......

Cancon, I would LOVE to debate this with you, but everyone may start slinging arrows at us. I find it interesting however, that a certain group of politics decided that Al-Jareeza were repeating Durbin's comments (mind you, I think he was way way over the line and it pissed me off) over and over and over, only to have it proven it was NOT.As a matter of fact was even given little notice on their website. I just realize that not agreeing with the war ( remember my son is there right now) does not mean I have no respect or love of my military or country. I just think we were lied to. And as an American, that is my opinion.

This almost looks like the kitty cat discussion. Maybe a thread in an obsure place could be all yours Smile
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2005, 07:36:38 PM »

Quote from: "DT"
You know I've asked like four people who watched the interview last night with Jug on On THe Record, and none of them remember anyone saying that Joran was in school bragging about having sex with holloway. I didn't hear this either but I missed part of the interview. Does anyone remember if this was said?

that is my question as well. Like I said on the other board, joran was told to stop talking about this case, but nothing was said about his bragging about sex
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2005, 07:37:25 PM »

This almost looks like the kitty cat discussion. Maybe a thread in an obsure place could be all yours Smile

I know absolute, that is why I said we were probably in the wrong place! lol
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2005, 07:38:21 PM »

By the way, if anyone remembers nativelingo, she's on vacation. That's why she hasn't been around.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2005, 07:38:25 PM »

I don't think it was Jug who said it or maybe it was the night before, not last night

I had heard somewhere that the reason Mr. V couldn't see Joran beause he has told him to not talk about Natalee and they caught it on wiretap

because Joran was shooting his mouth off at school

Mrs. V explained to Greta in their interview that indeed Joran had been talking about Natalee in school, including saying things like I'm going to kick her butt when she shows up for causing me so much trouble

in fact didn't she say the headmaster of the school expressed concern about Joran talking about it and it not being appropirate or that his words could be misconstrued, she told Mr. V,  who called Joran on his cell phone, to keep his mouth shut....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.