March 28, 2024, 04:25:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #20 - 6/23/05 Evening  (Read 263425 times)
Compananzi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1020 on: June 24, 2005, 12:12:35 AM »

Quote from: "WonderWoman"
portion from comments on Riehl:

my uncle was in the tailor's shop earlier this week and got into a discussion about natalee holloway with in which the tailor told my uncle that the mayor of birmingham, who had also been by the shop earlier, informed him that the holloway family has already paid a ransom to natalee's captors, but has yet to receive her, although they are confident that officials are working to get her back very, very soon. this tailor's brother in law is originally from suriname (where the suspect brothers are from) and says that the island is a notorious port through which women are kidnapped and then shipped off to such far eastern locales as bankok and indonesia. being a native of suriname, he feels quite confident that this is exactly what happened to natalee and she is still alive.

This is what scares me, so much attention, they are being scared off of returning her....and this gets out, after the family has been trying to keep it under wraps....

Crying or Very sad

Gasp!
mordred
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1021 on: June 24, 2005, 12:13:53 AM »

Please...this quote is multi-dimensional...as are most songs.
if she had "for those about to rock-we salute you"
would you now assume she had a coke habit??
Or was she likely to sail away with a DJ???
I don't see anything in that quote except aspiration for where she
thought she was going in life.[/quote]

I admit, I maybe reading too much into a teenager's song quotation choice. I have been following this story from day one & have lately begun to believe that Natalle maybe alive. This leaves me few possibilities for possible scenarios.
1. The kidnap/sex slave theory is a myth- It happens but not to people of Natalle's profile (discussion for another day)
2. Foul play on a small island with the resources that have been deployed would likely turn up some physical evidence.
3. Three teenage stooges would have a very difficult time keeping the FBI & Aruba police completely clueless! Even with the help of Joran's dad!

Of all these, voluntarily absconding seems like a logical scenario!
(sorry- I always wanted to use the word abscond in a sentence)

Rolling Eyes
Mom in Ark
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1022 on: June 24, 2005, 12:14:30 AM »

Quote from: "asdf"
I didn't know caps were rude either until a few others said something.

It's like screaming.
WonderWoman
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1023 on: June 24, 2005, 12:14:43 AM »

Like I said, I would Like to Believe, she just ran away.....
Juvenal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1024 on: June 24, 2005, 12:15:29 AM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
Quote from: "chloe2"
Quote from: "Onnimus"
By the way, I've been reading the posters who feel certain that the Twittys know something, that they have some info where they really think Natalee is alive. Does anyone know if it's just continued hope or if anything has been confirmed?

One thing I would like to know is when this first happened, wasn't it some politician who got the FBI involved who said they has "disturbing information" and were sure this was not a case of a runaway. How did they know, what made them think so SO early in the case- has this ever come out, what the disturbing circumstances were? I believe this was said within a day of Natalee going missing.

Senator Sessions from AL, he is the one who demanded the FBI be involved. Said her disappearance was under 'disturbing circumstances' and the family knew about it - 'definitely not the case of a teenager just walking away' or something to that effect.

sessions got the fbi in some alabama congressman was the guy who talked about the sinister aspects.

Right, iquitos. It was Spencer Bachus who said that, not Sessions.
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1025 on: June 24, 2005, 12:15:53 AM »

Quote from: "Ocicat"

LOL-- I don't have cable either. Yes, it is posted on the Foxnews website. On the right hand side it says "free video" and then there's a place to click to see more choices than initially visible and you'll see the one with BH's mom. Let me know what you think.

Well, I don't see a new interview with Natalee's mom posted.  Shocked
writergal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1026 on: June 24, 2005, 12:16:02 AM »

Come on. Does anyone really believe that the mayor of Birmingham told his tailor that the Holloways had paid a ransom?
Compananzi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1027 on: June 24, 2005, 12:16:18 AM »

Quote from: "golden"
Just saw this on riehlworld.  Interesting.  Claims NH parents have already paid ransom.

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/06/natalee_hollowa_39.html

Couldn't find exactly what you were talking about on the site, but a story in Black and White posted earlier this week said they were set up to pay a ransom during their first week on the island - and the girl turned out not to be Natalee. You can read that article here:
http://www.bwcitypaper.com/1editorialbody.lasso?-token.folder=2005-06-16&-token.story=129206.112112&-nothing

hi dan,
have been keeping up with your blog along the way and have to say thank you so much for all that you are doing to get the word about about natalee holoway. i am a native birminghamian (having grown up in mountain brook), now living in new york city. since it seems as though so few people from birmingham are talking i wanted to make your readers aware of some of the latest buzz going around the "tiny kingdom"...hope some of this helps...

our family has a tailor in birmingham - who is known by nearly everyone who's anyone in birmingham, a sort of "tailor of birmingham." as he dresses most of the affluent residents - from the infamous richard scrushy to the pastor of briarwood church (one of the largest churches in the US). he is the eyes and ears and a great source of information....

my uncle was in the tailor's shop earlier this week and got into a discussion about natalee holloway with in which the tailor told my uncle that the mayor of birmingham, who had also been by the shop earlier, informed him that the holloway family has already paid a ransom to natalee's captors, but has yet to receive her, although they are confident that officials are working to get her back very, very soon. this tailor's brother in law is originally from suriname (where the suspect brothers are from) and says that the island is a notorious port through which women are kidnapped and then shipped off to such far eastern locales as bankok and indonesia. being a native of suriname, he feels quite confident that this is exactly what happened to natalee and she is still alive.

you may already know most of this and i'm sure you have loads of emails to answer, but i thought i'd pass along whatever tips i have. i praise God for people like you who are working so hard to get the truth out. may God continue to bless you in your efforts. congrats on all of your great press thus far and please continue to keep us posted.

Sounds like the story earlier on where a local newspaper brokered a meeting with a hostage holder and demanded 10K, and later to her dissapointment the lady was old and did not have blonde hair.  Is this the story you are referring to?
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1028 on: June 24, 2005, 12:16:25 AM »

Maybe senator sessions has a election in the near future...

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
asdf
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1029 on: June 24, 2005, 12:16:28 AM »

Quote from: "writergal"
Come on. Does anyone really believe that the mayor of Birmingham told his tailor that the Holloways had paid a ransom?

Great question.  No.
GeOrGiA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1030 on: June 24, 2005, 12:16:46 AM »

Just my opinion, but I honestly believe Beth is keeping herself going by convincing herself Natalee was taken and is still alive.  By believing that, she doesn't have to believe the alternative.  Natalee's father is getting the same information that Beth is getting - I'm sure he's hearing everything from everywhere that Beth is hearing, but he's being more realistic.  Beth said she almost couldn't get up this morning - if she ever lets go of her own theory, it's likely she won't.  My heart goes out to that family and my prayers are with them all, including Natalee.
Mom in Ark
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1031 on: June 24, 2005, 12:17:05 AM »

Quote from: "Compananzi"

This is what scares me, so much attention, they are being scared off of returning her....and this gets out, after the family has been trying to keep it under wraps....

Crying or Very sad

Gasp!

They could motor in at night and drop her off on any boat moored offshore, or right up to the beach.
KKM
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1032 on: June 24, 2005, 12:17:48 AM »

IMHO, I guess this person was trying to help, but I cannot fathom why he would pass this on!  No telling how much speculation and angst this will cause and is it REALLY any of our business???

Yellow Ribbon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1033 on: June 24, 2005, 12:18:14 AM »

Quote from: "CancunMole"
Just saw this on riehlworld.  Interesting.  Claims NH parents have already paid ransom.

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/06/natalee_hollowa_39.html

Couldn't find exactly what you were talking about on the site, but a story in Black and White posted earlier this week said they were set up to pay a ransom during their first week on the island - and the girl turned out not to be Natalee. You can read that article here:
http://www.bwcitypaper.com/1editorialbody.lasso?-token.folder=2005-06-16&-token.story=129206.112112&-nothing

hi dan,
have been keeping up with your blog along the way and have to say thank you so much for all that you are doing to get the word about about natalee holoway. i am a native birminghamian (having grown up in mountain brook), now living in new york city. since it seems as though so few people from birmingham are talking i wanted to make your readers aware of some of the latest buzz going around the "tiny kingdom"...hope some of this helps...

our family has a tailor in birmingham - who is known by nearly everyone who's anyone in birmingham, a sort of "tailor of birmingham." as he dresses most of the affluent residents - from the infamous richard scrushy to the pastor of briarwood church (one of the largest churches in the US). he is the eyes and ears and a great source of information....

you may already know most of this and i'm sure you have loads of emails to answer, but i thought i'd pass along whatever tips i have. i praise God for people like you who are working so hard to get the truth out. may God continue to bless you in your efforts. congrats on all of your great press thus far and please continue to keep us posted.

Posted by: bird78 | June 23, 2005 08:56 PM

This whole thing just makes me so sick. We have a family torn apart over their daughter being missing, then on the other hand, we have a TRUE MONSTER OF A PERSON, CALLING HIMSELF A FATHER. He not only allowed or caused Natalees life to be taken, but then he has to balls to do the fatherly thing and protect, if you will, someone he pretends to be a father too. I am just so beside myself how first an adult, second a parent could to this. Monster is the only words I can use for this slime. You know your at the bottom when you do something to children, ie, Natalee and Joran as well. A normal adult would not have become involved like this, I don't buy the bullshit of being a parent and doing it for your kids sake. This .............ughhhhhhh not even sure what to call him, just ruined the lives of lots of young people, by only thinking of his own ass. I also feel so bad for both mothers in this case, this guy is a monster. May GOD have mercy on his sorry ass. He knew it was wrong, but didn't give that fact a second chance. No wonder our kids are so fucked up today, with parents like this, who needs friends!

Posted by: Cindi in PA | June 23, 2005 09:04 PM

If this has an inkling of truth, than everyone involved deserves an Academy Award!

I have serious doubts about this, especially that the source is the mayor of Birmingham. I just don't think that he would have this inside info. I also think it is odd that the writer mentions Scrushy. That sounds like someone just throwing in the name of a known CEO (who should go to jail!) just to make it sound like they know what they are talking about.
WonderWoman
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1034 on: June 24, 2005, 12:18:18 AM »

Quote from: "writergal"

It's like the Barber Shop, or the bartender, you start talking, and how hard it would be to NOT tell someone, especially someone that may have ties to the innocent boys being held.
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1035 on: June 24, 2005, 12:18:25 AM »

What ever happens to the NIGERIA THEORY ? Laughing

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
medleyrelay
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1036 on: June 24, 2005, 12:18:26 AM »

I cannot believe they actually know something or paid a ransom - why would they be having this Texas group come in - there just does not seem anyway that the Texans are going to be looking for a live person - they are not going to be going into houses and basements - they can only find someone not alive - so unless the Holloways and the Twittys are not communicating - there can't have been a ransom paid or the story about the tailor true
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1037 on: June 24, 2005, 12:18:29 AM »

Quote from: "Compananzi"
Quote from: "medleyrelay"
This case is such a mystery - In one respect I think Coco is right that this is them going down the wrong path again with pressure from the Twitty posse - and the US media - and the only crime of Joran and dad's is lying initially and father telling him not to talk (which again I will say I agree with)

But then you listen to Beth tonite and she sits there totally convinced that this goes beyond this group and more arrests are coming and she is convinced it is a kidnapping and she thinks daddy is more involved than son.

But then one of the first things we heard today is the investigation was at a stalemate - did we not hear that earlier today - sometimes I get confused as to which day we hear what?

All I know is all of this throwing people in prison - no talking to family no talking to lawyers interegated for hours - in our country people would be screaming about human rights - and it seems the US and media is saying this is all good - I was glad to hear that attn tonite on Larry King speak about rights and how this is for sure going to ruin the lives of this family and maybe they are basically innocent.

Well not to change subjects, but the Patriot act which does broaden and give special investigative right of police will pretty much provide for all these dutch like powers.  We are there already.

compa:  thanks for that sober reminder.
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1038 on: June 24, 2005, 12:18:45 AM »

Compananzi, if I am not mistaken the Dutch system would differ in that it has some very specific time limitations, after which the person would need to be either charged formally with a crime or released.

Indefinite detention, or as the US spokesman the other day put it "for perpetuity" would not be permitted under the Dutch system.

Unless, I suppose if the Dutch government simply elected to over-ride it for specific cases according to their discretion by fiat, but I am not aware of that happening in the Netherlands.
Ocicat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1039 on: June 24, 2005, 12:19:04 AM »

Quote from: "Ocicat"

LOL-- I don't have cable either. Yes, it is posted on the Foxnews website. On the right hand side it says "free video" and then there's a place to click to see more choices than initially visible and you'll see the one with BH's mom. Let me know what you think.

Well, I don't see a new interview with Natalee's mom posted.  Shocked

Okay, after you click on the "more videos" phrase, click on "Hannity and Coolmbs" (sp?)  and you will see a new array of videos.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.