April 19, 2024, 06:12:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ZUZU RENEE VERK, 21 ALPINE TX MISSING 10-12-16 Remains Found  (Read 102108 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #140 on: October 29, 2016, 11:49:39 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=713255025472329&set=ecnf.100003635138114&type=3&theater

Zuzu Verk
January 12

Bring Zuzu Home!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2016, 07:11:28 PM »

She is so strikingly beautiful.  This is so sad   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2016, 07:51:18 PM »

She is so strikingly beautiful.  This is so sad   

I agree.   

From everything I've read, she seems to be just as beautiful inside, as out.

Just heartbreaking.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2016, 07:56:06 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/151056911654285/photos/a.172397802853529.40999.151056911654285/1135524489874184/?type=3&permPage=1

Poncho Nevarez Texas State Representative House District 74
October 21 ·

Prayers For Missing Sul Ross Student Zuzu Renee Verk

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #144 on: October 31, 2016, 07:15:25 AM »

https://youtu.be/GfhOC8hJpuo

Zuzu Renee Verk - Missing Oct 12, 2016 Alpine, Texas 

Published on Oct 30, 2016

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GfhOC8hJpuo" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/GfhOC8hJpuo</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #145 on: October 31, 2016, 04:53:06 PM »

an angelic monkey

http://www.newswest9.com/story/33524669/reward-increased-to-200000-for-information-on-missing-sul-ross-state-university-student

Reward increased to $200,000 for information on missing Sul Ross State University student
Monday, October 31st 2016, 2:32 pm CDT
Monday, October 31st 2016, 3:54 pm CDT
By Ronnie Marley, Digital Content ManagerCONNECT

Zuzu Verk (Source: Alpine Police Department)

ALPINE, TX (KWES) -

The Alpine Police Department has announced that the reward for information on missing Sul Ross State University student Zuzu Verk has been increased.

The reward has been increased to $200,000.

Verk was last heard from back on Wednesday, Oct. 12 in the early morning hours.

Her boyfriend, Robert Fabian, was named a suspect in her disappearance.

Multiple agencies have covered over 500 square miles in the search to find Verk.

Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson tells us that the additional $100,000 boost in the reward was put up by H.E.B. Chairman and C.E.O. Charles Butt.

If you have any information, contact the Alpine Police Department at (432) 837-3486.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2016, 07:39:55 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/alpinetxpd/posts/1150725658349392

Alpine Police Department added 2 new photos.
19 mins
$200,000 REWARD

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #147 on: November 01, 2016, 03:36:38 PM »

thanks for the updates
found a go fund me link, in this article

https://www.gofundme.com/the-verk-family-fund-2vbvhp6k

Reward raised to $200,000 for Dallas-area woman missing in West Texas
Updated Oct. 31: Revised to include increased reward.
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2016/10/26/boyfriend-named-suspect-disappearance-zuzu-verk-dallas-area-woman-west-texas

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: November 01, 2016, 05:49:52 PM »

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/law-enforcement-concludes-fruitless-landfill-search-for-zuzu-verk-reward-increases-to-200-000-8861748

Law Enforcement Concludes Fruitless Landfill Search for Zuzu Verk; Reward Increases to $200,000
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2016 AT 4 A.M.

BY STEPHEN YOUNG

Over the weekend, law enforcement officers in West Texas finished searching landfills in Alpine, Presidio and Odessa without finding any sign of missing Sul Ross University student Zuzu Verk. Monday, the Alpine Police Department increased the reward for information to $200,000, raised entirely through private donations.

Verk graduated from Timber Creek High School in Fort Worth and went to the University of North Texas before transferring to Sul Ross to study biology. She vanished on Oct. 12 following a trip to the movies with her on-again-off-again boyfriend Robert Fabian.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: November 01, 2016, 09:20:58 PM »

http://www.kcbd.com/story/33542032/verk-family-boyfriend-called-police-first

Verk Family: 'Boyfriend called police first'
Published:Monday, October 31st 2016, 9:38 pm CDT
Updated:Monday, October 31st 2016, 10:05 pm CDT

The Verks gave a detailed time line of events as they unfolded in the past nineteen days. The last time her mom heard from her was the Tuesday before she disappeared, Zuzu called her at 5 p.m. but she missed her call.

At 6, her mother, Lori, called back, but Zuzu's phone went straight to voicemail. She says Zuzu knows she better pick up or reply to her text when she uses all caps.

Still nothing.

By that Friday Lori reached out to Robert to ask if he had heard from her. That's when she heard his side of the story. Fabian said he found out she had missed a shift at Dollar General on Wednesday through a mutual friend.

"Robert said he was very surprised and I said ok this isn't good and he said "I think we should call the police," So Robert actually called the police as much good as it did that many days later," said Lori. "But when the police finally did get into the house, Zuzu wasn't there. Her dog was there, her car was there, her bike was there but Zuzu was gone."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2016, 02:15:11 PM »

Don't have time to watch it all right now, but what I've seen so far seems correct.

Might be interesting for those who need to catch up on the case.
And some tidbits that may not have been covered here yet...

One being that Zuzu worked in the gym at Sul Ross...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiPCeqrj9fM

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iiPCeqrj9fM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/iiPCeqrj9fM</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2016, 09:41:57 PM »

Keep hoping to see an update on Zuzu, hoping and praying someone will do the right thing.  

Saw this post tonight, interesting and well said imo.

...and she's fb friends with the prime suspect.   

https://www.facebook.com/juliannabanana19/posts/1470191289664430?match=dmVyayx6dXp1

Julianna Larrinaga
5 hrs ·
Today I can't help but think of Zuzu. I think of her often, but for some reason she is stuck in my mind today.
I can't help but see her smile. I didn't know her that well, but I did wait on her, her dad and brother, and even her and Robert a few times. Her smile was one you never forget. I can hear her trying to decide between a drink. Bourbon? Vodka? I can see her in my mind ordering a water for the meantime, only to never make a decision. I am heartbroken for her family. And I am even more heartbroken that somebody out here knows something, and continues to stay quiet and watch her family suffer. Zuzu could be me, she could be you. She could be your sister, or your daughter that is missing.
I know that myself, as well as MANY others, have not given up hope just yet. I pray that the Verk family finds the light at the end of the tunnel soon; good, or bad. Give them peace.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 10:00:02 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2016, 12:01:51 AM »

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Blog-Search-continues-for-missing-Alpine-student-397314771.html

Finding Zuzu: H-E-B makes donation towards reward funds

By William Malm | Posted: Mon 9:57 AM, Oct 17, 2016  |  Updated: Tue 10:34 AM, Nov 01, 2016

ALPINE -- We will be updating this blog with the latest information on the search for missing Alpine student Zuzu Verk.

Tuesday 11-1 10:30AM Update: The recent raise in money for the reward for finding Zuzu came from H-E-B. According to a spokesperson the H-E-B/Central Market family is concerned for their employee Glenn Verk, Zuzu's father, and are fully committed to supporting the family in any way they can.

The commitment, which came from H-E-B Chairman Charles Butt, is an example of their commitment to bring Zuzu home, said the spokesperson.

H-E-B is declining interviews at this time out of respect for the family.

Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson tells CBS 7 that searches are now being focused to tips law enforcement receive. On Monday crews searched five different locations after receiving tips of suspicious circumstances, which turned out to be grass that had been pushed down after search teams had gone through the area previously.

Anyone with information is urged to call the Alpine Police Department at (432) 837-3486.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #153 on: November 04, 2016, 09:41:22 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/zuzu-verk-missing_us_581ce53ee4b0d9ce6fbbfd27?ncid=engmodushpmg00000003

Audio with more from the interview:
https://soundcloud.com/david-lohr-1/zuzu-renee-verks-parents-discussing-their-daughter

‘For God’s Sakes, Someone Speak Up’: Missing College Student’s Mom

Zuzu Verk’s boyfriend has been named by police as a suspect in her disappearance.

11/04/2016 06:56 pm ET
David Lohr  
Senior Crime Reporter, The Huffington Post

The devastated family of Zuzu Renee Verk, a 22-year-old college student who mysteriously vanished in North Texas three weeks ago, is desperately seeking information on her whereabouts.

“Someone knows something,” Verk’s mother, Lori Verk, told The Huffington Post. “We just want to find her. For God’s sakes, someone speak up and tell us where to find our daughter.”

Zuzu Verk, a student at Sul Ross State University in Alpine, has been missing since Oct. 12. Police have named her boyfriend, Robert Fabian, 25, a suspect in her disappearance and say he is not cooperating in the investigation.

Lori Verk said her daughter was last seen on Oct. 11, when she and Fabian went to the movies with friends.  

“She had called me at 5 p.m. that day and I missed the phone call,” Verk recounted. “I called her back at 6 p.m. and her phone went straight to voicemail.”

Police said Fabian told investigators he was with Zuzu Verk on Oct. 11 and they remained together until around 3 a.m., when she left his home. Witnesses told police they had heard the couple arguing, and saw Verk’s car at the apartment later that morning.

Verk missed a midterm exam on Oct. 12 at school and failed to show up later that day for her job at Sul Ross Borderlands Research Institute.

“By Wednesday evening, I was very worried, but I kept thinking, ‘No, she’s just studying and very busy,’” Lori Verk said. “But by Friday, I finally started getting in touch with people to find out if they’d heard from her, and that is when it was discovered she was missing.”

Zuzu Verk’s father, Glenn Verk, drove seven hours that night to reach Alpine by morning.

“I checked in with police,” Verk told HuffPost. “They were very forthcoming about everything that was going on. There were searches going on … there were missing posters everywhere.”

Fabian has been uncooperative, authorities said. He has hired attorney Liz Rogers to represent him.

Rogers recently met with Zuzu Verk’s family.  

“It was the opposite of helpful,” Glenn Verk said of the meeting. “It was hard to shake her hand because we were already upset that she was advising him not to speak with the police anymore, and we were wanting to know why. We had very simple questions and she said that she was not there to answer our questions.”

Alpine police did not return a call for comment from HuffPost. In a recent interview with KOSA-TV, Chief Russell Scown said he might involve the state Attorney General’s Office, in an attempt to compel Fabian’s family to cooperate.

“The family knows more information and we need them to tell us,” Scown said. “If they won’t tell us, then we will bring them before a grand jury and hopefully we can get the information from them that way.”

Since Zuzu Verk’s disappearance, hundreds of investigators and volunteers have conducted searches that have covered roughly a 400-mile radius from Alpine, using drone aircraft and search dogs. No clues have been found.

The Verks said they named their daughter after Zuzu Bailey in the Frank Capra classic, “It’s a Wonderful Life.” In the 1946 film, 6-year-old Bailey’s rose petals, stuffed into a pants pocket by Jimmy Stewart’s George Bailey, become a symbol of life.

“I know every parent sees their children as special, but it’s always been reaffirmed to us by how other people react to her,” Glenn Verk said. “She’s loved by everyone that she meets and she has a real brilliance about her. Not only her mind, but her personality. She’s fun loving, but also has a serious side. Very motivated, fascinated by the world, engages with everyone and everything in a very fun but a passionate level.”

The missing woman’s family and friends recently took the search to the internet by creating a page about her disappearance on Facebook. They describe her as 5 feet tall, weighing 110 pounds, with newly-dyed blonde hair and hazel eyes.

“You go through all of the possibilities in your mind simultaneously and you don’t know how to feel, so you feel everything and nothing,” said Verk’s father.

Zuzu Verk’s parents said a $200,000 reward is offered for credible information leading to their daughter’s whereabouts. Anyone with information is asked to call the Alpine Police Department at 432-837-3486. Callers may remain anonymous.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 09:54:01 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #154 on: November 10, 2016, 06:21:41 PM »

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Blog-Search-continues-for-missing-Alpine-student-397314771.html

Finding Zuzu: Investigators expect to present case to grand jury soon

By William Malm | Posted: Mon 9:57 AM, Oct 17, 2016  |  Updated: Wed 4:00 PM, Nov 09, 2016

ALPINE -- We will be updating this blog with the latest information on the search for missing Alpine student Zuzu Verk.

Wednesday 11-9 3:30PM Update: According to Alpine Chief of Police Russell Scown investigators are now hoping to present their case in front of a grand jury sometimes next week, though an exact date has not been decided.

The reward for information leading to finding Zuzu remains at $200,000.

Anyone with information is urged to call the Alpine Police Department at (432) 837-3486.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2016, 04:49:24 PM »

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Finding-Zuzu-Grand-jury-meets-to-hear-testimony-from-witnesses-and-persons-of-interest-401124096.html

Finding Zuzu: Grand jury meets to hear testimony from witnesses and persons of interest

By DeAnn Lopez | Posted: Mon 11:19 AM, Nov 14, 2016

ALPINE -- It’s been over a month since Alpine student Zuzu Verk was last seen or heard from.

Zuzu’s boyfriend, Robert Fabian, remains the sole suspect in her disappearance.

On Monday a grand jury is meeting to hear testimony from witnesses and persons of interest including Robert’s sister, Jocelin Carrillo, and brother-in-law James Carrillo.

Unlike a preliminary hearing, a grand jury is closed to the public and neither a judge or lawyers are present except for the prosecutor, who called for the grand jury.

Alpine Police were unable to comment about Monday’s session out of fear of jeopardizing the case.

CBS 7 News has sent a Freedom of Information Act to the Texas Attorney General’s Office requesting any and all subpoenas issued in Zuzu’s case.

You can find all of our coverage of the disappearance of Zuzu Verk on our website at www.cbs7.com/findzuzu

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2016, 10:26:08 PM »

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Finding-Zuzu-Robert-Fabians-family-speaks-out-for-the-first-time--401201535.html

Finding Zuzu: Robert Fabian's family speaks out for the first time

By DeAnn Lopez | Posted: Mon 8:42 PM, Nov 14, 2016

ALPINE -- After a month of searching for missing Sul Ross State University student Zuzu Verk, her boyfriend’s family is finally speaking out.

On Monday, a grand jury met at the Brewster County Courthouse to hear testimony from witnesses and persons of interest including Robert Fabian’s mother, sister and brother-in-law.

Our conversation with the family was brief, but Robert’s sister and brother-in-law said he is innocent, and they are hopeful and praying that Zuzu is found safe and sound.

It’s been a long and painful 33 days for Lori and Glenn Verk.
On October 12th their youngest daughter Zuzu went missing.

“I just need her back, I need her back she’s a big part of our family and she’s got a lot of things to still conquer,” said Zuzu’s mother Lori.

The last person to see Zuzu was her on and off again boyfriend, Robert, who remains the sole suspect in her disappearance.

During Monday’s grand jury session we asked Robert’s sister, Jocelin Carrillo, if she, her husband and mother were involved in any way with Zuzu’s disappearance to which she said, “No ma'am, no involvement what so ever."

Both Jocelin and her mother, Letecia Fabian, are considered persons of interest in the case. As for her husband, James Carrillo, he was questioned because Robert was seen driving his truck the night Zuzu went missing.

Although they didn’t have much to say about the investigation itself, they did mention they have plans of helping with the search for Zuzu once Robert’s name is cleared.

"We're just praying like everybody else is, praying for the truth to be revealed," a teary eyed Jocelin said.

The question on whether or not an indictment will follow the grand jury session remains a mystery.

We asked Alpine Police Chief Russell Scown to comment on the investigation, but he declined saying it could jeopardize the case.

However, he pledged to continue to search for Zuzu until they bring her home.

"Us as a family, we are coping with everything and we're 100% behind Robert,” said James. “You know, we're family and we're going to stick together through this."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2016, 06:57:54 AM »

Video at the link:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/a-month-later-still-no-sign-of-zuzu-verk-as-grand-jury-convenes/352032103

A month later, still no sign of Zuzu Verk as grand jury convenes

WFAA 10:46 PM. CST November 14, 2016

A grand jury met behind closed doors on Monday at the Brewster County Courthouse as investigators continue to search for answers in the disappearance of 21-year-old Zuzu Verk.

The Sul Ross State University student vanished in the early morning hours of October 12.

Her boyfriend, Robert Fabian, remains a suspect in her disappearance.

Police have said the grand jury proceedings are largely an effort to compel Fabian's family members and close friends, some of whom are persons of interest in the case, to testify about anything they may know concerning Verk's disappearance.

Glenn and Lori Verk said on Monday they're hopeful they may finally get some answers as to what happened to their daughter.

"It was our hope that 30 days on, we'd have Zuzu at home," said Glenn.

The parents have relocated from their home in Keller to Alpine until they're able to figure out what happened, says Glenn.

Fabian's sister and brother-in-law were expected to be among those subpoenaed in the grand jury proceedings.

As News 8 first revealed last month, search warrant affidavits state Fabian borrowed their pick-up truck in the early morning hours on the same day Verk went missing.

He also called a close friend three times early the same morning, and investigators searched his car for "blood evidence," while also examining his laptop, according to additional warrants.

The warrants also suggest Verk's last known location was Fabian's apartment.

But there have been no arrests or charges in the case, and the Verk's say the longer there are no answers the tougher it is.

"The more time that goes by, the worse it is," says Lori. "The length of time is really unbearable.  But the whole situation is unbearable and yet here we are."

A $200,000 reward remains in place for anyone that produces credible information that leads to Zuzu's whereabouts.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2016, 09:01:00 PM »

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Finding-Zuzu-Grand-jury-wraps-up-expected-to-reconvene-in-December-401487105.html

Finding Zuzu: Grand jury wraps up, expected to reconvene in December

Posted: Wed 9:27 AM, Nov 16, 2016  |  Updated: Wed 10:41 AM, Nov 16, 2016

ALPINE -- After meeting for the first time on Monday the grand jury for the Zuzu Verk investigation has wrapped up and is expected to reconvene sometime in December, according to the Brewster County District Clerk's Office.

As of Wednesday nothing new had been filed to their office by prosecutors.

The grand jury saw family members of Zuzu Verk's boyfriend Robert Fabian, including his mother, sister, and brother-in-law, but did not see Robert himself.

Robert's family spoke out for the first time Monday, saying that Robert is innocent and that they are hopeful and praying that Zuzu is found safe and sound.

You can find all of our coverage of the disappearance of Zuzu Verk on our website at www.cbs7.com/findzuzu

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2016, 09:21:49 PM »

http://www.newswest9.com/story/33692490/one-month-has-passed-since-zuzu-verk-was-last-seen

ONE MONTH LATER: Search continues for Zuzu Verk, parents remain hopeful
Friday, November 11th 2016, 11:43 pm CST
Saturday, November 12th 2016, 12:04 am CST
By Roxana Rubio, ReporterCONNECT

ALPINE, TX (KWES) -
It's been one month since Sul Ross State University student Zuzu Verk was last seen in Alpine, Texas. It's been even longer since her parents have seen her. The Verk family said they never expected Zuzu to be gone this long and the memories of her are making the days go by faster.

We visited with several courts in Alpine and we have learned a grand jury will be presented with evidence very soon. We've reached out to the Attorney General's Office, there is no word on any possible indictments.

After a month of Zuzu's disappearance the Verk family is reminiscing the last time they saw their daughter. Zuzu's mother, Lori Verk, said the last time she saw Zuzu was six weeks ago when they went on a mother/daughter getaway.

"We both stopped to fill up our tanks and go our separate ways and she gave me a big hug and told me that she's so happy that I'm her mom and thanks for doing this weekend and that she had a great time," said Lori Verk.

For Zuzu's father, Glenn Verk, it's been even longer. Last time he saw Zuzu was eight weeks ago during a presentation at Sul Ross.

"Sure enough, I saw her drive by in her little Miata, she didn't know it was me, it was a rental car and I saw her drive by and my feeling at the moment was pride," said Glenn Verk.

The Verk family said their parental instincts kicked in the day Zuzu went missing. They want to reunite with their daughter and know exactly how she would react.

"Where the hell have you been? That's what she would say," said Lori Verk as she laughed. "She would say we've been waiting so long!" "You guys are so dramatic," added Glenn Verk.

A $200,000 reward is being offered for anyone who has information that can bring Zuzu back home. As you drive by town, you see missing fliers all around. Protesters have even started dedicating their free time to confronting the prime suspect, Zuzu's boyfriend, Robert Fabian.

The Alpine Police Department (APD) said Fabian is still not cooperating with law enforcement. They have also named Fabian's family and friend as persons of interest. That means authorities want help from the persons of interest with information.

APD said calling off the search is not an option and will continue until they find Zuzu.

"I still have that faith that we're going to locate her," said Lt. Felipe Fierro with the Alpine Police Department.

Authorities said at this point Zuzu can be anywhere around the country. Both law enforcement and the Verk family are optimistic Zuzu will be home safe and sound soon.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.