April 26, 2024, 04:28:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ZUZU RENEE VERK, 21 ALPINE TX MISSING 10-12-16 Remains Found  (Read 102186 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2016, 05:21:32 PM »

Praying for Zuzu! 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=813663755431455&set=a.104426049688566.4374.100003635138114&type=3&theater

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2016, 05:51:08 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys3mznbiDiU

Zuzu Verk-- Sul Ross University student missing
Stephanie Bennett

Published on Oct 18, 2016
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/3973...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ys3mznbiDiU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ys3mznbiDiU</a>

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2016, 06:01:43 PM »

http://www.fox4news.com/home/212189347-story

Police search for missing Keller woman in West Texas

Allison Harris reports.
By: FOX4News.com Staff
POSTED:OCT 18 2016 09:02AM CDT
UPDATED:OCT 18 2016 10:07PM CDT

A woman from Keller who's been going to college in West Texas has been missing now for nearly a week.

The woman’s father says she went on a date the night before she disappeared. It was when she missed a midterm and a shift at work that they began to worry.

The woman’s former boyfriend, Tony Alvarez, says police did not talk to him.He says the last time he talked to her, she had expressed that she was feeling unsafe.

Tony Alvarez says he met his high school sweetheart, Zuzu Verk in Algebra sophomore year at Timber Creek High School in Keller.

"Wherever she goes, she's just meeting people and having a really good time with anybody,” he explained. "She's really spontaneous. She really likes to do things on the spot. Sometimes, she would go out to like McDonalds to get an ice cream at like 2 in the morning because, you know, we wanted to."

Alvarez hopes Zuzu is camping or doing something adventurous somewhere in West Texas, although he says she’d never want to worry her family.

“I just wish that this whole thing was somehow a misunderstanding,” he said.

Police in Alpine, where she studies conservation biology at Sul Ross State University, have been searching for her for five days. Her father, Glenn Verk, and her mother, who live in Keller, reported her missing Wednesday when she missed a midterm and didn't show up for work that she was passionate about.

"I always kind of admired that about her,” Glenn said. “She really was taking the steering wheel of her life."

Zuzu’s father says she went on a date last Tuesday night. Police want to know where a Jeep and a Miata were between midnight and 10 a.m. the following day. Alvarez says the 2004 Miata is Zuzu's car. Volunteers have been looking for her in Alpine alongside FBI agents, Texas Rangers and family.

"She's brilliant. She's beautiful. She's missing,” the father said.

Alvarez says he spoke to her two weeks ago and told him she wanted to transfer schools. She also talked about her current boyfriend said she was feeling unsafe.

"She just wanted to be somewhere new, that she kind of was in Alpine for a while and just wanted to have something different,” Alvarez recalled.

Anyone who spots her is also encouraged to call the Alpine Police Department at 432-837-3486.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2016, 06:36:17 PM »

iirc some were saying the last place Zuzu was seen was on Harrison street, some also said boyfriend's apartment...

https://www.facebook.com/brewstercountytx/posts/1331698563521219

Brewster County Sheriff's Office added 7 new photos.
8 mins ·
October 19, 2016 - The investigation into the disappearance of Zuzu Verk continues with investigators searching for evidence at an apartment on East Avenue B and Harrison.
Several agencies are assisting the Texas Rangers and Alpine Police Department, inluding the Texas Dept. Of Criminal Justice, Pecos County Sheriff's Office, U.S. Border Patrol, CBP Air Wing, Texas Dept. of Public Safety Troopers, Texas Dept. of Public Safety CID, Texas Forest Service, 83rd District Attorney's Office, Texas Equusearch, Community Volunteers, and the BCSO.

More pics at the link.

This report was the same day that the pictures were taken of police tape around Zuzu's apartment and car.

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Blog-Search-continues-for-missing-Alpine-student-397314771.html

Residents told CBS 7 that Zuzu had last been seen on Harrison Street around 3:30 a.m. Wednesday morning, and at a nearby apartment police tape was found around a scene.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2016, 07:25:05 PM »

The boyfriend's apartment that was searched today is right across from Sul Ross University. 

Video of the scene today at the link.

https://www.facebook.com/CBS7News/videos/10154675599889533/

From the comments:

(JM's fb profile says they live in Alpine)

Jamie Miranda · 0:40 I heard they found blood in his jeep. Is that true?
Like · Reply · 4 hrs

CBS7 News / KOSA-TV · Jamie according to the Brewster County Sheriff's office no blood has been found. We double checked again today and their response was no.
Like · Reply · 1 hr

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2016, 07:38:01 PM »

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Blog-Search-continues-for-missing-Alpine-student-397314771.html

Blog: Investigators search boyfriend's apartment of missing Alpine student

Investigators search the apartment of missing Alpine student Zuzu Verk's boyfriend. (Amanda DeBerry/CBS 7)

By William Malm | Posted: Mon 9:57 AM, Oct 17, 2016  |  Updated: Wed 6:04 PM, Oct 19, 2016

ALPINE -- We will be updating this blog with the latest information on the search for missing Alpine student Zuzu Verk.

Wednesday 5:00 p.m. update: According to the Alpine Police Department, it is estimated that search teams have covered over 200 square miles since the search began for Zuzu Verk.

APD is expecting additional personnel and resources to arrive Thursday in the Alpine area to assist with the search, with 120 personnel already assisting in the search as of Wednesday, not including specialized search and rescue teams.

Wednesday 12:10 p.m. update: At midday Wednesday investigators could be seen taking evidence out of the apartment belonging to Zuzu Verk's boyfriend.

According to Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson the boyfriend is listed as a Person of Interest in the case at this time. He has not been officially identified by authorities.

The boyfriend was taken in for questioning but later released after he got an attorney, Sheriff Dodson tells CBS 7.

According to authorities the boyfriend has not helped with the search for Zuzu.

Wednesday 9:30 a.m. update: The Alpine Police Department has announced that the search area for Zuzu Verk has been expanded to include the areas of Fort Davis, Marathon, Marfa, Presidio County, and South Brewster County.

Several law enforcement agencies are assisting with the expanded search, including DPS, Texas Parks and Wildlife, the Texas Forest Service, the Department of Corrections, the National Parks Service, and the DEA.

The reward for information leading to the whereabouts or safe return of Zuzu Verk has also been raised to $30,000.

Anyone with information related to the case is asked to contact the Alpine Police Department at (432) 837-3486.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2016, 08:57:49 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/TheAlpineAvalanche/photos/a.115677615151948.38390.115569998496043/1227398030646562/?type=3

Alpine Avalanche
13 hrs ago

https://www.facebook.com/TheAlpineAvalanche/photos/a.115677615151948.38390.115569998496043/1226712287381803/?type=3&theater

Alpine Avalanche
October 19 at 7:27pm ·
HERE'S A LOOK AT THURSDAY'S FRONT PAGE at www.alpineavalanche.com (subscription required).

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2016, 09:31:58 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/alpinetxpd/posts/1140239836064641

Alpine Police Department
15 hrs ·

For Immediate Release…October 20, 2016

STATEMENT FROM DR. BILL KIBLER, PRESIDENT
SUL ROSS STATE UNIVERSITY

During the past week, the uncertainty associated with the unknown has pervaded the usually-peaceful and safe environment the Sul Ross State University family enjoys. The disappearance of one of our students, Zuzu Verk, has deeply affected the entire campus community as well as Alpine and the surrounding area.

Sul Ross, along with the extended community, has responded admirably in various ways, particularly through extensive participation in the numerous searches undertaken in efforts to locate Zuzu. The active support and countless prayers are deeply appreciated by family and friends.

Throughout this crisis, we, as a university family, remain hopeful that this story has a happy ending. We pledge our continuous support and participation in the search for our friend and Sul Ross family member, Zuzu Verk.

I urge anyone with information regarding Zuzu’s whereabouts to contact the Alpine Police Department at (432) 837-3486.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2016, 09:50:08 AM »

Video interview with the local sheriff at the link:

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Police-investigating-leads-as-search-for-missing-Alpine-student-continues-397776611.html

Police investigating leads as search for missing Alpine student continues

By Brianna Gallegos | Updated: Thu 11:25 AM, Oct 20, 2016

ALPINE -- As the search for missing Alpine student Zuzu Verk continues, police are investigating leads as to what may have happened in her disappearance.

Wednesday marked an entire week since Zuzu had last been seen, with her boyfriend being one of the last people to be seen with her.

As several agencies from across the state were searching through Alpine and the surrounding area in hopes to find Zuzu, some law enforcement were focused discovering just what happened to make her disappear.

"This is really a major concern for us. In the town itself we haven't had this."

For nearly two decades as sheriff Ronny Dodson hasn't worked a disappearance quite like this one.

Zuzu has now apparently vanished by night. and Sheriff Dodson is demanding answers.

"Well one, for her parents, that's the most important thing in the world. You can only imagine the amount of grief they are going through right now but we want to find her for her health and her safety, just to know what happened."

According to police and witnesses Zuzu's boyfriend was one of the last people to see her before she was officially reported missing Friday.

The boyfriend has been named as a Person of Interest, but has not officially been identified by authorities.

"Investigators are working on some really good leads right now. I think that the more witnesses, the more days go by the more people are thinking about it - I think something's gotta break. We are just looking for that break," said Dodson.

On Wednesday cones blocked off a quiet street across from Sul Ross State University where investigators collected evidence from the apartment of the missing girl's boyfriend.

19 different agencies were on hand.

"The hope is still that we find something but like I said, some of the investigators now are starting to get more clues and as time goes on we are hoping some people's conscience will wake them up. Lets see if we can do the right thing," said Dodson.

Even though evidence has been collected, police say they are still looking to find Zuzu as Sheriff Dodson continues to organize search crews.

"We've asked people in the outlining towns, the outlining community, the neighborhood, to report to us anything."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2016, 10:47:38 AM »

https://twitter.com/KristinWeisKRLD/status/789478741722341376

Kristin Weisell
Verified account ‏@KristinWeisKRLD  
33 minutes ago Dallas, TX
#NEW: #Alpine police will release new info on case of missing 22 y/o Zuzu Verk. News conf at 11:30A. Latest @KRLD

http://player.radio.com/listen/station/krld-newsradio-1080

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2016, 10:53:02 AM »

https://twitter.com/zuzu_renee

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2016, 11:59:13 AM »

Press conference, live.

400 square miles covered by air and groundpounders.

https://www.facebook.com/CBS7News/videos/10154682730414533/?permPage=1
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 01:24:45 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2016, 12:03:20 PM »

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/397912051.html

First formal press confernce scheduled this morning for missing Alpine student

ALPINE -- Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson is expected to hold a press conference this morning in regards to missing Sul Ross student, Zuzu Verk.

Dodson did not say what will be discussed in the 11:30 a.m. press conference.

The reward for any information on Zuzu’s whereabouts has been increased to $50,000.

Zuzu has been missing from Alpine since Wednesday, October 12th.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2016, 12:12:14 PM »

They're confirming my gut feeling all along.   

The boyfriend is not cooperating.

He has not helped search for her.

The search includes assistance with gathering of information from law enforcement in Mexico.

They will not name him, or confirm his name. 
But I'm pretty sure it's here, in earlier posts.   

Zuzu's family is going to make a statement next.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2016, 12:17:15 PM »

Zuzu's dad speaks and PLEADS directly with Zuzu's boyfriend "Robert".
He has not been able to speak with him.
He know he loves her, or hopes he loves her.
He begs him to help bring her home.

https://www.facebook.com/CBS7News/videos/10154682730414533/

4:12 left on the video

Glen Verk (Zuzu's dad)

Thank you for being here, everybody.  Ever since we arrived here, looking for our daughter, we've had nothing but love and support from this community.  We've been embraced in a way that astounds us, and each day the search gets bigger and more extensive, and more impressive; the resources that this small town has managed to gather to find our daughter.  And I've found myself helpless and the only thing that I've been able to do that seems to make any sense is to thank everyone.  And..this town has reached out with so much love and support, they were the first people that I thanked.  I've met so many folks, students, professors, neighbors, friends, landlords.  Everyone has been so embracing.  And, It has been the same with all the resources, all the men and women who have come to help.  They have reached out to us and with their love and support, as well as all of their skill and expertise in finding Zuzu.  Our friends and family and coworkers at home that can't be here have helped support us.  They've helped with reward money, they've helped go fund me to keep us here.  The company I work for has supplied amazing resources.  And there's one person that I would like to be able to thank, but I can't get.  Zuzu's boyfriend, Robert, I'm asking you please, to help us.  I haven't seen you yet.  I've seen a lot of people here helping. If you would please come and cooperate with the police department, and help us, and help them.  I know that you love her; I hope that you do, and this would be a way to show it.  Thanks everybody.

This is my son, Miles.  Zuzu's big brother.

Miles Verk (Zuzu's brother)

(this was hard to understand, so please forgive any mistakes...this is what I think I hear)

Robert, if you love Zuzu as much as you say you do, and have told me over and over, you will come down here and help the police bring my sister home.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 12:59:17 AM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2016, 12:20:22 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=803900823074415&set=picfp.100003635138114.802441059887058&type=3&theater

Zuzu Verk
July 17 ·

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2016, 12:24:19 PM »

He and Zuzu are not facebook friends. 

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008188391688

Robert Fabian

Intro
Studied Chemistry at Sul Ross State University

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2016, 01:16:15 PM »

I transcribed Zuzu's dad and brother's remarks in the Press conference and modified my post above to include them. 
Please forgive any mistakes, some of it was hard to hear and understand.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2016, 01:21:22 PM »

I think this may be a better quality video.

https://www.facebook.com/alpinetxpd/videos/1140930702662221/

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2016, 02:09:59 PM »

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/I-know-that-you-love-her-I-hope-that-you-do-Father-of-missing-Alpine-student-urges-boyfriend-to-cooperate-in-press-conference-397937491.html

"I know that you love her, I hope that you do" Father of missing Alpine student urges boyfriend to cooperate in press conference

Posted: Fri 1:12 PM, Oct 21, 2016  |  Updated: Fri 1:36 PM, Oct 21, 2016

ALPINE -- A press conference was held Friday morning giving an update on the search for Zuzu Verk and the investigation of her disappearance.

According to Alpine Police Chief Russell Scown, the search for Zuzu has expanded to a total of 400 square miles including Pecos, Brewster, and Jeff Davis Counties.

The search has included several law enforcement agencies, including DPS, the Texas Rangers, multiple sheriff's offices, the U.S. Border Patrol and U.S. Customs and Border Protection who have searched for Zuzu daily.

Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson says that law enforcement is also in contact with authorities in Mexico on the chance that the investigation leads in that direction.

As around 120 law enforcement officers search for Zuzu both through the air and on ground, Chief Scown says that more than 25 investigators are working on the case of her disappearance.

The investigators have collected more than 100 statements from potential witnesses, obtained 12 search warrants, and have gathered cell phones, computers and vehicles all as evidence in the case.

Groups of both investigators and search crews are stationed prepared to act on any new leads law enforcement receive relating to the case.

In the case investigators originally had three Persons of Interest, though Chief Scown says one was cleared after speaking with investigators.

One of the two remaining Persons of Interest is Zuzu Verk's boyfriend, who has not been assisting with the search or investigation and has not been officially identified

Chief Scown said flatly towards the boyfriend in a message "The investigators are waiting to talk to you."

Zuzu's dog was found by investigators, and Chief Scown says that circumstances surrounding the dog are leading investigators in a certain direction. Those circumstances were not described in the press conference.

As for the search, Chief Scown says that they have no plans on stopping it any time soon, and meet with Zuzu's family daily for updates.

So far searches involving the public have been held off as many of the searches have been conducted on private property.

Law enforcement is also not giving up hope on successfully finding Zuzu.

"We're believing she's still alive, we're hoping for the best outcome," said Chief Scown. Scown added that law enforcement believes she is alive and will continue to do so as they have not found a body.

Sheriff Ronny Dodson asked that residents help with the search on their own time aside from a search party, suggesting that homeowners search their own property, even their trash, for anything that might lead to a clue in the investigation.

"This is going to happen, we're going to keep looking until it does," said Sheriff Dodson.

Sheriff Dodson said that as of right now with the combined searches of both law enforcement and the public their biggest fear is that the answers are right under their nose in the town of Alpine.

Zuzu Verk's family also attended the press conference, thanking members of both law enforcement and the public for their support and help.

"Ever since we arrived here looking for our daughter we've had nothing but love and support from this community, we've been embraced in a way that astounds us," said Glenn Verk, Zuzu's father.

"I've found myself helpless, the only thing I've been able to do that makes sense is thank everyone."

Glenn Verk addressed Zuzu's boyfriend, urging him to help with the search and investigation.

"Robert, I'm asking to please help us, I haven't seen you yet, I've seen a lot of people helping. If you’d please come and cooperate with the police department, and help us and help them. I know that you love her, I hope that you do, and this would be a way to show it.”

Miles Verk, Zuzu's big brother, also spoke at the press conference with a message directed towards Zuzu's boyfriend.

"Robert, if you love Zuzu as much as you say you do and have told me over and over, you will come down here and you will help the police bring my sister home."

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.