April 27, 2024, 01:27:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ZUZU RENEE VERK, 21 ALPINE TX MISSING 10-12-16 Remains Found  (Read 102202 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2016, 02:11:41 PM »

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/I-know-that-you-love-her-I-hope-that-you-do-Father-of-missing-Alpine-student-urges-boyfriend-to-cooperate-in-press-conference-397937491.html

"I know that you love her, I hope that you do" Father of missing Alpine student urges boyfriend to cooperate in press conference

Posted: Fri 1:12 PM, Oct 21, 2016  |  Updated: Fri 1:36 PM, Oct 21, 2016

ALPINE -- A press conference was held Friday morning giving an update on the search for Zuzu Verk and the investigation of her disappearance.

According to Alpine Police Chief Russell Scown, the search for Zuzu has expanded to a total of 400 square miles including Pecos, Brewster, and Jeff Davis Counties.

The search has included several law enforcement agencies, including DPS, the Texas Rangers, multiple sheriff's offices, the U.S. Border Patrol and U.S. Customs and Border Protection who have searched for Zuzu daily.

Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson says that law enforcement is also in contact with authorities in Mexico on the chance that the investigation leads in that direction.

As around 120 law enforcement officers search for Zuzu both through the air and on ground, Chief Scown says that more than 25 investigators are working on the case of her disappearance.

The investigators have collected more than 100 statements from potential witnesses, obtained 12 search warrants, and have gathered cell phones, computers and vehicles all as evidence in the case.

Groups of both investigators and search crews are stationed prepared to act on any new leads law enforcement receive relating to the case.

In the case investigators originally had three Persons of Interest, though Chief Scown says one was cleared after speaking with investigators.

One of the two remaining Persons of Interest is Zuzu Verk's boyfriend, who has not been assisting with the search or investigation and has not been officially identified

Chief Scown said flatly towards the boyfriend in a message "The investigators are waiting to talk to you."

Zuzu's dog was found by investigators, and Chief Scown says that circumstances surrounding the dog are leading investigators in a certain direction. Those circumstances were not described in the press conference.

As for the search, Chief Scown says that they have no plans on stopping it any time soon, and meet with Zuzu's family daily for updates.

So far searches involving the public have been held off as many of the searches have been conducted on private property.

Law enforcement is also not giving up hope on successfully finding Zuzu.

"We're believing she's still alive, we're hoping for the best outcome," said Chief Scown. Scown added that law enforcement believes she is alive and will continue to do so as they have not found a body.

Sheriff Ronny Dodson asked that residents help with the search on their own time aside from a search party, suggesting that homeowners search their own property, even their trash, for anything that might lead to a clue in the investigation.

"This is going to happen, we're going to keep looking until it does," said Sheriff Dodson.

Sheriff Dodson said that as of right now with the combined searches of both law enforcement and the public their biggest fear is that the answers are right under their nose in the town of Alpine.

Zuzu Verk's family also attended the press conference, thanking members of both law enforcement and the public for their support and help.

"Ever since we arrived here looking for our daughter we've had nothing but love and support from this community, we've been embraced in a way that astounds us," said Glenn Verk, Zuzu's father.

"I've found myself helpless, the only thing I've been able to do that makes sense is thank everyone."

Glenn Verk addressed Zuzu's boyfriend, urging him to help with the search and investigation.

"Robert, I'm asking to please help us, I haven't seen you yet, I've seen a lot of people helping. If you’d please come and cooperate with the police department, and help us and help them. I know that you love her, I hope that you do, and this would be a way to show it.”

Miles Verk, Zuzu's big brother, also spoke at the press conference with a message directed towards Zuzu's boyfriend.

"Robert, if you love Zuzu as much as you say you do and have told me over and over, you will come down here and you will help the police bring my sister home."

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2016, 02:30:45 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=209844829436733&set=a.167924430295440.1073741830.100012336520337&type=3

Family of Zuzu Verk thank everyone for helping in search.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2016, 02:58:08 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/brewstercountytx/photos/a.272801596077593.73325.270335429657543/1333647923326283/?type=3&theater

Brewster County Sheriff's Office at Brewster County, Texas.
3 hrs ·
The Command Center at the North Brewster County Emergency Response Center is manned by law enforcement officers and agents from various local, state and federal agencies in the search for ZUZU VERK. Officers sort through incoming daily tips and intelligence information. They also help coordinate searches by land and air. Each member is equipped with a telephone and computer to handle all these tasks. This room is active 24/7.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2016, 04:03:49 PM »

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Reward-in-Zuzu-Verk-Case-Increased-to-50000-397917421.html

Family of Zuzu Verk Plead for Boyfriend's Help; Reward Increased to $100,000

By Frank Heinz

The family of Zuzu Renee Verk, a 22-year-old Coppell woman living in Alpine who was reported missing last week, is pleading for her boyfriend to help in her search as a reward for information leading to her location or safe return has increased to $100,000.

Verk attends Alpine's Sul Ross State University and was last seen there on Oct. 12.

Following her disappearance, Verk's family arrived in Alpine to assist in the search.

"We've been embraced in a way that astounds us. Each day the search gets bigger and more extensive and more impressive, the resources that this small town has managed to gather to find our daughter," said Glenn Verk, Zuzu's father, during a news conference Friday morning. "I've found myself helpless and the only thing that I've really been able to do that seems to make any sense is to thank everyone."

The search for Verk has involved a number of local and state agencies as well as private search organizations -- all looking by air, on foot and on horseback.

During the course of the investigation, police have said Verk could be in danger but have declined to elaborate.

Police said Friday morning they have cleared three people in the investigation, but one person of interest they have not yet been able to clear is Verk's boyfriend. Police said the boyfriend, who they refused to name, has a lawyer and refuses to speak with police.

"Unfortunately we have one individual who we believe does have information, who has refused to come in and talk to us, has retained an attorney, and we haven't heard a word from him. So, when you talk about all the hundreds of people from all over the state that are working actively to help solve this and bring Zuzu back to her family, and one individual that won't, one individual who happens to know her better than anybody else -- that ought to tell you something, " said Alpine Chief of Police Russell Scown, of Zuzu's boyfriend.

Zuzu's father, while speaking at the same news conference Friday morning, thanked everyone for their efforts to find his missing daughter before taking a  moment to address his daughter's boyfriend directly, pleading with him to cooperate with law enforcement.

"There's one person that I would like to be able to thank, but I can't yet. Zuzu's boyfriend, Robert, I'm asking you please to help us. I haven't seen you yet. I've seen a lot of people here helping," said Glenn Verk. "If you would please come and cooperate with the police department and help us and help them I know that you love her -- I hope that you do. And this would be a way to show it."

Through tears, Zuzu's older brother Miles also addressed her boyfriend.
"Robert, if you love Zuzu as much as you say you do, and have told me over and over, you will come down here and you will help the police bring my sister home," said Miles Verk.

Verk is described as 5 feet tall and 110 pounds with blonde hair and hazel eyes. Her natural hair color is brown but was recently been colored blonde.
Earlier in the week Alpine police said they are hoping to speak with anyone who saw a 2006 gray Jeep Liberty or a 2004 Mazda Miata convertible with a beige top being driven between midnight and 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 12. Police have not released any further details in the investigation or why those vehicles or their occupants may be of interest.

Assisting in the search are two professional search agencies, Texas Search and Rescue and Equusearch, along with the Brewster County Sheriff's Office, Reeves County Sheriff’s Office, Pecos County Sheriff’s Office, Texas Department of Public Safety, Texas Parks And Wildlife, Texas Forest Service, U.S. Border Patrol, U.S. Customs and Border Protection Air and Marine, Texas Department of Corrections, National Park Service and the DEA.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2016, 08:11:18 PM »

IMO, I'm not liking that Robert studied chemistry in school
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2016, 09:46:15 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/zuzu-verks-family-speaks-about-daughters-disappearance/339962167

Zuzu Verk's family speaks about daughter's disappearance

Lauren Zakalik, WFAA 7:15 PM. CDT October 21, 2016
 (Photo: Courtesy - Alpine Police Department)

KELLER -- A video the Verk family shared on social media shows their beloved and silly daughter Zuzu in her element -- giggling and smiling.

Lori Verk says that energy and light was present the last time she spoke to her daughter on the phone.

"She was very up, optimistic. She was stressed because she was studying for midterms," Lori recalls.

That conversation was 11 excruciating days ago. Lori and her husband Glenn formally reported their daughter Zuzu missing on Oct. 12, when they repeatedly couldn't reach her.

"Something wasn't right. Something wasn't right," her mother says.

The 22-year-old Keller woman's disappearance has launched a massive search in Alpine, where she's a student at Sul Ross State University.

"We’ve collected over 100 interviews and statements from potential witnesses," says Alpine Police Chief Russell Scown.

Authorities talked about their efforts Friday in a news conference they carried live on Facebook.

"We’ve gathered mounds of evidence including computers, cell phones, vehicles," Scown says.

The one thing they haven't been able to do, however, is talk to Zuzu's boyfriend.

"Unfortunately we have one individual who we believe does have information, who has refused to come and talk to us," Scown says.

Zuzu's family identifies the boyfriend as Robert Fabian, someone Zuzu has dated now for at least six months. Our call and email to his attorney were not returned Friday.

"We've invited him into our home. We've invited him into our hearts. At this point, we were hoping he'd be along side us in this search for her," Lori Verk says.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2016, 10:07:48 PM »

Me either.   

The comment by a local that he is a pharmacist at a local hospital is concerning too, imo.

https://www.facebook.com/alpinetxpd/posts/1134718026616822?comment_id=1134810513274240&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D

Kalea Cotton She was last seen with Robert Fabian. He is a pharmacist at Big Bend Regional Hospital. He last saw her Tuesday evening and reported she was missing today and that he had not seen or heard from her since Tuesday. And her family and friends have not heard from her since Tuesday as well.
October 14 at 6:33pm

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2016, 10:47:19 PM »

Robert Fabian is a Pharmacy Registered Technician

Texas Pharmacy Registered Technician Registration # 187043
https://www.pharmacy.texas.gov/dbsearch/tech_zoom.asp?id=187043&rank=TECH 

Texas Pharmacy Registered Technician Employment information
BIG BEND REGIONAL MEDICAL CNTR   19802   Staff
CITY DRUG STORE   27226   Staff

in case the link dont work
https://www.pharmacy.texas.gov/dbsearch/tech_search.asp

Quote from: klaasend on October 21, 2016, 09:11:18 PM

the drugs he had access to, maybe both the Pharmacy needs an audit

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2016, 10:54:45 PM »

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/statesman/obituary.aspx?n=roberto-g-fabian&pid=1589812

ROBERTO G. FABIAN
Obituary

(02/23/2003) In Loving Memory of Roberto G. Fabian August 6, 1954 - Feb. 20, 2003 After a lengthy illness our beloved father, son, brother, and friend, Roberto G. Fabian passed away on February 20, 2003, at the age of 48. Robert was born in Austin, Texas in 1954. In 1972, he entered into the United States Army and served his country proudly. While in the Army he was stationed in Germany and also received the National Defense Service Medal. He received an Honorable Discharge in December 1974. He was preceded in death by his father, Juan Fabian; and two brothers, Phillip and Felipe Fabian. Survivors are his wife, Leticia Fabian; his daughter, Jocelyn Fabian; and son, Roberto Fabian Jr., of Alpine, Texas; mother, Sista Fabian of Austin; brothers, Louis Fabian Sr., and wife, Hermelinda, Valentino Fabian, and wife, Alicia, and Fred Fabian, of Austin, Theodore Fabian of San Marcos; Ernesto Fabian Sr., Paul Fabian, and wife, Juanita, of San Antonio and Thomas Fabian, of Del Rio; sisters, Angelina Herrera, husband, Joe, Mary Stella Fabian, and husband, Rith, Anna Marie Fabian, Regina Heng, and husband, Ly, of Austin, Julia Cowan, and husband, Howard, of Kyle; and one granddaughter, of Alpine, Texas. He is also survived by numerous nieces and nephews. Recitation of the Holy Rosary will be at 7:30 p.m., Sunday, February 23, 2003, in the Chapel of Angel Funeral Home. The Funeral Mass will also be celebrated in the Chapel of Angel Funeral Home on Monday, February 24, 2003, at 11:30 a.m. Burial will follow at Assumption Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers are his brothers, Louis Fabian Sr., Paul Fabian, Valentino Fabian, Ernest Fabian Sr., Thomas Fabian and Theodore Fabian. We would like to thank all the staff at the South Austin Hospital (third floor) for making our brother's final hours as comfortable as possible. Your support and understanding were very greatly appreciated.
Published in Austin American-Statesman on Feb. 23, 2003

http://www.sulross.edu/news/2553/latest-news-sul-ross-may-21-2013

SUL ROSS STUDENTS RECEIVE DEGREES AT COMMENCEMENT

A total of 206 students, 119 from the Alpine Campus and 87 from Rio Grande College, were candidates for degrees during spring commencement exercises at Sul Ross State University.

Ceremonies were held Saturday, May 11 in the Pete P. Gallego Center on the Alpine Campus and in the Del Rio Civic Center for RGC.

Alpine Campus graduates, their degrees and hometowns are listed below. Degree codes are as follows: AA-Associate of Applied Science; BA - Bachelor of Arts; BBA - Bachelor of Business Administration; BFA - Bachelor of Fine Arts; BS - Bachelor of Science; Cert. - Certificate; MA - Master of Arts; MAg. - Master of Agriculture;

MBA - Master of Business Administration; MEd - Master of Education; MS - Master of Science; VN - Vocational Nursing Certificate; cum laude, 3.5-3.69 grade point average; magna cum laude, 3.7-3.89; summa cum laude, 3.9-4.0.

Alpine:    Robert Fabian, Jr., BS, Biology, magna cum laude;

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2016, 11:18:41 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-lEQt5SAps

Alpine PD Press Conference regarding Zuzu Verk
Happening in USA

Published on Oct 21, 2016

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/J-lEQt5SAps" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/J-lEQt5SAps</a>

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2016, 11:33:30 PM »

Not crazy about the way he looks.  He has some unnatural looking muscles, like he's taking some steroids.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2016, 11:53:49 PM »

Robert Fabian is a Pharmacy Registered Technician

Texas Pharmacy Registered Technician Registration # 187043
https://www.pharmacy.texas.gov/dbsearch/tech_zoom.asp?id=187043&rank=TECH 

Texas Pharmacy Registered Technician Employment information
BIG BEND REGIONAL MEDICAL CNTR   19802   Staff
CITY DRUG STORE   27226   Staff

in case the link dont work
https://www.pharmacy.texas.gov/dbsearch/tech_search.asp

Quote from: klaasend on October 21, 2016, 09:11:18 PM

the drugs he had access to, maybe both the Pharmacy needs an audit

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2016, 11:59:46 PM »

Not crazy about the way he looks.  He has some unnatural looking muscles, like he's taking some steroids.

i dont FB so dont know what he looks like
 lawyer up after 1 or 2 talks with LE
we know what that usually means

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2016, 12:05:32 AM »

hi texasmom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-lEQt5SAps

Alpine PD Press Conference regarding Zuzu Verk
Happening in USA

Published on Oct 21, 2016

the fam calling the boyfriend out,
not verbatim
if you love her like you say you do come help

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2016, 12:17:44 AM »

Not crazy about the way he looks.  He has some unnatural looking muscles, like he's taking some steroids.

I thought the same thing, one picture made me think he was on some kind of stimulant.  

He's had a few people on fb (at least one coworker imo) from the beginning saying no way did he harm her, he's such a nice guy, he's crazy about her, etc. But I've also seen one say he'd known him for years and he was capable of it.

A few people have been saying they took a trip to Ojinaga on Friday, the day Zuzu was reported missing.  Some are saying he didn't cross the border but took his mother and aunt there.  One person who said she's known them for years, said the mother is from there and they travel there often.

It's not but an hour and a half drive, so a trip there and back could have been possible anytime in the days before Zuzu was even known to be missing.  The search area seems to be going that way, and I know they said they've involved Mexican law enforcement too.

http://tinyurl.com/j59p2m9

I know at times innocent people are persons of interest because of circumstances.  But, if he didn't have anything to do with it, he would have looked her dad in the eye by now and told him so!

JMO

« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 12:48:22 AM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2016, 12:27:04 AM »

i dont FB so dont know what he looks like
 lawyer up after 1 or 2 talks with LE
we know what that usually means

Facebook profile pic

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1771907816425481&set=a.1393632030919730.1073741827.100008188391688&type=3&permPage=1

Robert Fabian
June 27

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1666077977008466&set=a.1393632030919730.1073741827.100008188391688&type=3&theater

Robert Fabian
October 9, 2015

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1651967895086141&set=a.1393632030919730.1073741827.100008188391688&type=3&theater

Robert Fabian
August 30, 2015

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2016, 12:35:46 AM »

This is his sister's fb, she's fb friends with him, but Zuzu's not on her friends list either.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100012475260438

JamesandJocelin Carrillo

Intro
Admission Clerk at Big Bend Regional Medical Center
Works at U-Construction
Studied at Sul Ross State University
Went to Alpine High School
Lives in Alpine, Texas
Married
From Alpine, Texas

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2016, 12:54:36 AM »

http://www.newswest9.com/story/33450213/family-of-missing-sul-ross-student-begs-boyfriend-to-cooperate-with-law-enforcement

Family of missing Sul Ross student pleas for boyfriend to cooperate with law enforcement
Friday, October 21st 2016, 10:29 pm CDT
Friday, October 21st 2016, 10:40 pm CDT
By Roxana Rubio, ReporterCONNECT

ALPINE, TX (KWES) -
The family of Zuzu Verk was at Friday morning’s press conference. There they made an emotional plea to her boyfriend to cooperate with law enforcement.

"I've met so many folks, students, professors, neighbors, friends, landlords,” said Zuzu Verk’s father, Glenn Verk. “Everyone has been so embracing."

Glenn Verk thanked the community for their love and support, he said the search has gotten bigger every day and is impressed with all the resources the small community has been able to gather.

During the press conference officials said they believe Zuzu's boyfriend has more information that he is not giving them.

Zuzu's father and big brother took the opportunity to beg Zuzu's boyfriend to cooperate.

"Robert, if you love Zuzu as much as you say you do, like you've told me over and over, come down here and help the police bring my sister home,” said Zuzu’s older brother, Miles Verk, trying to hold back tears.

After the press conference the Verk family joined the community who gather in a prayer circle.

Officials said Zuzu's boyfriend has only made one statement to authorities with the Texas Rangers, after that he retained Liz Rogers as his attorney.

NewsWest 9 stopped by the office of attorney Liz Rogers in Alpine, the door was locked and no one answered when we knocked.

We've also reached out to her through email, Rogers has yet to reply.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2016, 01:04:09 AM »

http://www.lizrogerslawyer.com/resume/

LIZ ROGERS
LAWYER
EDUCATION
B.A., Texas A & M University, 1975
College Station, Texas
J. D., South Texas College of Law, 1978
Houston, Texas

EXPERIENCE
Reared on a sheep and goat ranch in Uvalde County, Texas.  Graduated Nueces Canyon High School, Barksdale, Texas 1971; Southwest Texas Junior College, Uvalde, 1973.
Assistant City Attorney, El Paso, 1979-80; Assistant U.S. Attorney, Western District of Texas, El Paso, 1980-81; Associate, Peticolas, Luscombe & Stephens, El Paso, 1981-83; Assistant Federal Public Defender, Western District of Texas, El Paso and Pecos Divisions, 1984 to 2013 (Supervisory Assistant  since 1987).
Former President, El Paso Young Lawyers Association; former director, El Paso Bar Association; former member, El Paso City Plan Commission.
Outstanding Assistant Federal Defender (2000), National Association of Federal Defenders.
Foreign advisor, International Senior Lawyers Project/Mongolian Foundation for Open Society Institute,  June 2004.
Former member, Director's Advisory Council, Museum of the Big Bend; former member, Board of Directors, Marfa Public Radio.
Development Director, Marfa Public Radio - 2014

Director, State Bar of Texas, 2005-2008. Life Member, Center for Big Bend Studies. Board of Trustees, Texas Nature Conservancy. Member, Philosophical Society of Texas.
Traveled extensively in Mexico, Central and South America; Europe and Asia. Speak Spanish daily in life and work. Circumnavigated the globe in 73 days, without flying, traveling by Amtrak and freighter, Fall 2013.

Liz Rogers · (432) 538-7070 · lizrogersalpine@yahoo.com
204 W. Avenue A · Alpine, Texas 79830

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2016, 10:17:41 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/CBS7News/photos/a.10151128083989533.464618.90598169532/10154683962919533/?type=3&permPage=1

CBS7 News / KOSA-TV
16 hrs ago

A prayer vigil for Zuzu Verk just wrapped up.

Zuzu's family and friends, as well as law enforcement officers, prayed for her safe return.

We have the latest on her search tonight at 6p.m.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.