March 28, 2024, 12:14:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ZUZU RENEE VERK, 21 ALPINE TX MISSING 10-12-16 Remains Found  (Read 101905 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2016, 05:21:27 PM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/family-missing-college-student-zuzu-verk-focusing-hope-reward-information-n671936

Family of Missing College Student Zuzu Verk Focusing on Hope as Reward Increased to $100,000
by RACHAEL TROST

Zuzu Verk Alpine Police Department

Everyone inquires about Zuzu's name.

"She would tease me, saying she should get a card to hand people who asked her," Glenn Verk, Zuzu's father, told Dateline with a little laugh. "But she really did grow up into what the name sort of stands for."

The name was one Glenn had wanted to give to a daughter ever since he watched the Christmas classic 'It's a Wonderful Life' years ago. It was the message of the movie, and the flower petals of little Zuzu, that helped him convince his wife Lori that their second daughter, their third child, should be named Zuzu.

Zuzu has filled their lives with laughter, joy and hope for 22 years now.

And for the past two weeks, that idea of hope has become a beacon for the Verk family, ever since Zuzu disappeared, pushing them in their efforts.

"It's like you go through the stages of both: having hope that she's OK, and grieving the unknown at the same time. It just tears you up inside," Glenn told Dateline.

Where is Zuzu?

Zuzu was finishing up the last semester of her junior year at Sul Ross State University in Alpine, Texas. After transferring from the University of North Texas, Zuzu landed on the path of studying conservation biology. It was a career route she discovered she had a passion for after interning with the Davis Mountain Preserve to help promote the area's hiking trails. Her most recent internship, this past summer, involved exploring remote areas of the nearby desert to tag and track the pronghorn antelope population near Alpine.

It was in that small Texas town the night of October 11, when Zuzu reportedly went on a date to the movies with an on-again, off-again boyfriend, according to authorities. The details of that night are hazy at best.

What is known is: Zuzu stopped responding to text messages and phone calls on Wednesday the 12th. Friends hadn't heard from her, and when someone checked her apartment, she wasn't there.

Her family knew something was amiss.

When her family realized Zuzu was missing, father Glenn drove the seven hours from their home in Keller, Texas to Alpine. His wife, Lori, and Zuzu's older brother, Miles, followed shortly thereafter on a private flight coordinated and donated by members of their local congregation.

"You just pace around and feel like you need to help -- to do something to help," he told Dateline. "To help with the search, or to spread awareness, or talk to people. Anything to help bring her home."

It was both heartwarming and heartbreaking, Glenn said, that when he arrived, every hotel he stopped at to try to get a room already had a missing person flier of Zuzu hanging.

Glenn describes his daughter as a "friend to everyone," a young woman whose wacky, yet understanding, nature helped her make friends easily. Those friends immediately plastered Zuzu's photo everywhere as soon as word spread that she was missing.

A massive investigation

The search for Zuzu is also reaching across to Mexico. The border is roughly 100 miles away from Alpine, and officials are coordinating with their counterparts there.

Just yesterday, authorities announced that evidence taken from the carpet of a white Mustang, reportedly belonging to a friend of Zuzu's boyfriend, Robert, had been sent to a forensic lab in El Paso for testing. Police wrote on Facebook that "investigators believe this vehicle is a key piece of evidence in this case," and asked for anyone who may have seen it the night of Wednesday, October 12 to call the police department.

The owner of the vehicle was questioned and released. He took to Facebook to deny having any knowledge of what may have happened to Zuzu.

Rumors and questions

While the official investigation pushes on, internet sleuths have latched on to the mystery.

Thousands of comments have been left on various postings about the case on social media. The mystery has taken a prominent position as the top thread in several crime groups on Facebook, with users debating the information police have released and weighing the rumors that are rampant.

Fueling those rumors seems to be the little-to-no comment from Zuzu's on-again, off-again boyfriend Robert. Authorities have not spoken about him by name, but his identity has been widely published online and has been confirmed by Zuzu's family members and friends. He's being called a "person of interest" in Zuzu's disappearance, officials say.

Alpine Police Chief Russell Scown spoke directly to Robert at a news conference on Friday, saying, "The investigators are waiting to talk to you." Zuzu's family members also urged him to come participate in the search efforts.

Liz Rogers, an attorney for Robert, said she had no comment at this time, but spoke briefly with local news station FOX4 last week stating her client is cooperating with police and had nothing to do with Zuzu's disappearance.

Bringing Zuzu home

All of these details, rumors and hearsay have been overwhelming for the Verk family. Their strength is unflagging and is fueled not only by their support for each other, but by the outpouring of love from those who have heard of Zuzu's case. "Groups, individuals and even people on the street reach out to us and care so much, even if they don't know Zuzu," her father Glenn told Dateline. "We couldn't be more grateful for that in such a horrible time."

Instead of focusing on the negatives of the case, they are choosing to keep hope alive by talking about what a wonderful young woman Zuzu is. They talk about her award-winning artwork from her high school years, her wacky sense of humor, and her love for the outdoors.

Her father specifically recalls his daughter's quiet intelligence and natural ability to be "good at just about everything."

"She's got this high voice and will give it right back to you. She's fearless. Zuzu is fearless."

« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 05:24:33 PM by texasmom » Logged

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2016, 07:16:12 PM »

an angelic monkey

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155088991621686&set=gm.1131278060275337&type=3&permPage=1

Lorrie Cobos posted to ‎Alpine Bucks Band Boosters
October 21 near Alpine

The Alpine Band has donated drinks to all law enforcement agencies and volunteers that are involved in the search for Zuzu. #prayersforzuzu #buckband #alpinestrong

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2016, 07:20:22 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/alpinetxpd/photos/a.163469767074991.43002.162724880482813/1141055695983055/?type=3&theater

Alpine Police Department
October 21 ·

UPDATED REWARD AS OF FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2016

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2016, 09:02:22 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/llverk/posts/10210827546868391

Lori Letow Verk
11 hrs ·

I received this message this morning. I do not know the woman that sent this, but I love her words and feel compelled to get her prayer out to everyone so it may be on all of our minds. G-d bless!

🌟God will bring it to light and she will come home to her family! Father God as we all join in the community of my hometown Alpine we ask that you keep ZuZu your daughter safe and that you guide her back home father God that you will be her rescuer and her hero father God that where ever she may be scared you will comfort her and give her peace and that you are working everything out and clearing the path for her safe return father God that you will touch the heart of anyone that might have any information that will lead to her rescue that they will be overwhelmed with conviction and not be at peace until they come forward with any information father God....you said that where two, three or more are gathered in your name there you will be in the midst father God we give you the glory and praise and thank you ahead of time for Zuzu's return to her family father God that you will console and hold them in your beloved arms while they await her return father God! You said we have not cause we do not ask father as the whole community of Alpine has come and gathered in your name for the safe return of your daughter to her family thank you father God for your glory we ask this in Jesus name!! Amen!!🌟

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2016, 10:02:31 PM »

FYI - Chris Estrada reportedly lives in Marathon.

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Blog-Search-continues-for-missing-Alpine-student-397314771.html

Finding Zuzu: Search teams now using drones to help find Zuzu

By William Malm | Posted: Mon 9:57 AM, Oct 17, 2016  |  Updated: Mon 5:21 PM, Oct 24, 2016

ALPINE -- We will be updating this blog with the latest information on the search for missing Alpine student Zuzu Verk.

The drone which the Reeves County Sheriff's Office will be using to help with the search to find Zuzu Verk. (David Huertas/CBS 7)

Monday 10-24 5:00PM Update: Chris Estrada, a key witness in the case whose Mustang was impounded during the investigation will partake in questioning Tuesday morning, Alpine Police Chief Russell Scown tells CBS 7.

Chief Scown added that while he is coming in for questioning he has been cooperative with the investigators in the case.

Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson stated that they are also looking into a new lead in the case in the Marathon area, though he could not say what the lead was.

As investigation into the case continues crews remain in the area searching for Zuzu Verk daily.

Monday 10-24 2:15PM Update: In a Facebook post the owner of the white Mustang which law enforcement searched and took a piece of carpet from for evidence states that he has been cooperating fully with police, giving them his phone, GPS time line, and car.

Photos of the mustang were shared Sunday morning, with investigators asking for people who had seen the car to call them.

Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson confirmed that authorities took evidence from the carpet of the vehicle, which was sent to a forensics lab in El Paso.

Monday 10-24 2:00PM Update: Monday afternoon deputies with the Reeves County Sheriff's Office will be heading to the area of Marathon and other areas within Brewster and Presidio Counties to help with the search for Zuzu Verk.

The deputies will be using the office's drone, which will fly over a body of water and surrounding areas normally unreachable by foot.

CBS 7's DeAnn Lopez will be riding along with the deputies and have an update on the search tonight on CBS 7 News at 5, 6 and 10.

Monday 10-24 9:45AM Update: According to Emergency Management Coordinator David Lambrix two drones will be used in the search for Zuzu Verk Monday.

Texas Equusearch left Alpine Sunday night after assisting with the search since Tuesday.

Lambrix says that one drone will be arriving from California, while another smaller drone is being loaned by the Reeves County Sheriff's Office to assist with the search.

Another search party is also expected to set out Monday.

Sunday 10-23 6:13PM Update: Sheriff Ronny Dodson confirms authorities took evidence from the carpet of the impounded White Mustang. Dodson says it was sent off to a forensic lab in El Paso.

Sunday 10-23 10:45 AM Update: Investigators released photos of a 2016 White Ford Mustang being driven between the hours of midnight Wed. October 12 through Thursday morning October 13th. Police ask if you saw the Mustang during that time to please call at 432-837-3486.

The vehicle is in custody at Alpine PD. The license plate number is HTV-1076.

"Investigators believe this vehicle is a key piece of evidence in this case."

« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:07:46 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2016, 07:09:11 AM »

https://twitter.com/ScottGordonNBC5/status/790753595599704064

ScottGordonNBC5 ‏@ScottGordonNBC5  
9 hours ago
Friends in Keller Pray for College Student Missing in Alpine http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Friends-in-Keller-Pray-for-College-Student-Missing-in-Alpine-398280701.html … via @nbcdfw

« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 07:12:28 AM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2016, 01:31:47 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/alpinetxpd/posts/1144729458949012

Alpine Police Department added 2 new photos.
2 hrs ·
****UPDATE, 1030 HRS, October 25, 2016****
SEARCH CONTINUES FOR ZUZU. PERSONNELL ARE CONTINUING THE SEARCH THROUGHOUT BREWSTER COUNTY AND ARE STILL SEARCHING IN NEIGHBORING COUNTIES AS WELL. REEVES COUNTY DEPUTIES HAVE UTILIZED AN ADDITIONAL DRONE AND EQUUSEARCH HAS ALSO PROVIDED AN ADDITIONAL DRONE. THEY ARE BEING USED IN SOUTH PRESIDIO COUNTY ALONG THE RIVER TOWARDS THE REDFORD AREA. DRONE SEARCH IS ALSO BEING CONDUCTED IN THE NORTHEAST AREA OF BREWSTER COUNTY, NORTH OF MARATHON AND TOWARDS SANDERSON IN TERRELL COUNTY AS WELL. INFORMATION CONTINUES TO COME IN AND INVESTIGATORS ARE FOLLOWING UP ON THE LEADS.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2016, 08:37:17 PM »

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Finding-Zuzu-Key-witnesses-not-cleared-following-polygraph-398596141.html

Finding Zuzu: Key witness not cleared following polygraph test

Posted: Tue 7:13 PM, Oct 25, 2016

ALPINE -- It’s been two weeks since Zuzu Verk was last seen in Alpine.

CBS 7 News has been there every step along the way in the search to bring her home.

On Tuesday, two additional drones joined in on the search for Zuzu and Texas Rangers polygraphed one of their key witnesses, Chris Estrada.

Estrada is the owner of the 2016 White Ford Mustang that was impounded by police over the weekend.

Investigators took evidence from the vehicle’s carpet and sent it to a forensics lab in El Paso.

For roughly 4.5 hours Estrada was questioned and according to Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson, the polygraph test did not clear Estrada from the investigation just yet.

Due to the nature of the investigation Dodson could not elaborate further on Estrada’s interview.

CBS 7 News attempted to speak to Estrada following his test, but he drove straight past our crew when they approached his vehicle.

Estrada’s vehicle has been returned back to him.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2016, 08:57:04 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1807227892830924&set=a.1709864362567278.1073741840.100006311910917&type=3

Joshua Stephen
5 hrs ·

Todd Unger with an interview with the family of ZuZu Verk. We sat down with them here in Alpine, Texas. Thank to Sul Ross State University for granting us access to their campus as well as providing a location for our interview. More on #wfaa today at 6p and 10p.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1807126109507769&set=a.1709864362567278.1073741840.100006311910917&type=3&theater

Joshua Stephen
9 hrs ·

Todd Unger speaking with the Sheriff of Brewster County as well the Alpine Police Chief just outside the Emergency Response Center as a Union Pacific train heads west. Our reports online and on WFAA today from here in Alpine and West Texas.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 09:01:13 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2016, 09:09:58 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10210840091822007&set=a.1361651965007.2052530.1342808774&type=3&theater

Lori Letow Verk
5 hrs near Alpine ·

With Zuzu Verk.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2016, 09:25:43 PM »

I've been waiting for the confirmation of an argument.  

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/sheriff-search-for-zuzu-verk-has-covered-400-square-miles/341671286

Sheriff: Search for Zuzu Verk has covered 400 square miles

Todd Unger , WFAA 8:51 PM. CDT October 25, 2016

Her family says she disappeared after a night out with her boyfriend. Alpine Police confirm he was the last known person to see the young woman.

Deputies used three drones in their Tuesday effort, focusing partly on areas closer to town where someone may have missed something in earlier search efforts.

“That is our biggest fear: that we walked around it, or haven’t seen it. It weighs hard on you,” said Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson.

He said crews have now covered numerous counties encompassing more than 400 square miles without any sign of Verk.

Police Chief Russell Scown said Verk’s boyfriend, Robert Fabian, continues to remain a key person of interest in the case but isn’t cooperating with the investigators.

Robert Fabian and Zuzu Verk.   (Photo: Courtesy - Verk family)

“If he does love her, as he has said, then he should be out here right beside us,” Scown said. “That is very telling.”

Investigators again interviewed a key potential witness on Tuesday, Chris Estrada, one of Fabian’s friends.

He is the owner of a white Ford Mustang that investigators seized and collected evidence from last week. Police said he is cooperating with the investigation but Sheriff Dodson said a polygraph test taken by Estrada on Tuesday was "inconclusive."

During a sit-down interview with News 8, Zuzu’s parents and brother appeared resilient.

They described a goofy, loving young woman who had finally found her niche studying the outdoors in the Davis Mountains.

“She’s always happy. One of those people that walks into a room and brightens it up,” said her older brother, Miles.

The family said it too is confused and frustrated that Fabian won’t cooperate.

“He should be here with us, supporting us and looking for her, and helping in any way,” said Lori Verk.

The family met with his attorney, Liz Rogers, over the weekend but learned “nothing,” according to Zuzu’s dad. “It was not productive,” he said. Rogers declined to comment.

A neighbor of Fabian's at his apartment complex said he had been asked not to discuss what he knew in detail. He did say he heard the couple arguing the night Zuzu disappeared.

The Verk's remain hopeful a $100,000 reward compels someone who knows something about her disappearance to come forward.

Until then, they plan to make Alpine their home.

“We will be here as long as it takes,” says Lori.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 09:29:40 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2016, 09:49:11 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/SulRossSkyline/posts/1321922834518674

Sul Ross Skyline
October 21 at 9:08pm ·

For those who missed it:

Campus-wide Safety and Security Meeting

A special meeting was called Fri. Oct 21 at 4:00 pm in the Espino conference room at which SRSU President Dr. Bill Kibler demonstrated leadership in a time of crises. The meeting was called to address safety concerns, and to offer an open forum for students, staff and faculty to ask questions in light of recent events surrounding the disappearance of Zuzu Verk.

To set the record straight, Kibler explained that 22 year old Zuzu, a Natural Resource Management major, is in her Junior year, and resides off campus. He reiterated statements made by authorities at the Alpine Police Department press conference earlier in the day, and emphasized that this meeting was meant to offer guidance and support to the campus.

This seems to be an isolated incident, but Kibler urged students to always use caution. “The most important weapon we have is good common sense,” he said. On one hand, our dark skies are an asset, on the other hand, it makes things really dark, he said, and urged students to use the buddy system and not go places alone at night. Lock doors and vehicles, he said, and “Be focused on your own safety.” Listen to the inner voice that says something does not seem right, Kibler said.

Kibler encouraged people to come forward with any tips or possible leads, no matter how tiny they may seem. Leave it to the investigators to decide on if it is a helpful lead or not, he said.

Kibler acknowledged how deeply affected the campus is by this event, and said Zuzu is like family to all of Sul Ross. As always, counseling services are available, and both licensed professional counselors, Mary Scwartze and Rebecca Greathouse Wren were present to pass out cards and meet with students.

Kibler suggested that students who want to help could answer the call to volunteer in search efforts when APD makes a request. “Keep your eyes open,” he said. Don’t hesitate to contact authorities if something seems like a possible lead. Also, pray. Kibler said that Zuzu’s family welcoms prayers and thoughts during this time.

“Our community is affected by this, but is not changed. Be encouraged, but be cautious,” Kibler said, before opening the forum for discussion.
There were few questions from attendees, who seemed to look to Kibler for guidance and reassurance more than anything else.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2016, 02:11:19 AM »

wonder if the drones/searchers have looked at this area

https://terlinguatradewinds.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/no-trans-pecos-pipeline-ecocide.png?w=1193&h=894

Trans-Pecos Pipeline Solidarty March
Have Drone, Will Travel
Published on Oct 5, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDqP-LASpQg
http://bigbendgazette.com/2016/02/03/pipe-being-unloaded-off-train-at-pumpco-site-to-the-northeast-of-alpine/

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #113 on: October 26, 2016, 02:13:58 AM »

Chris Estrada in 2013

http://bigbendnow.com/2013/08/new-pizzeria-opening-in-alpine/
http://bigbendnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/alpine-pizza-by-bryon-garrison-web.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/GuzziUp/photos/a.220001744827064.1073741825.201596260000946/220001754827063/?type=3&theater

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: October 26, 2016, 05:29:46 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/CBS7News/videos/10154699745774533

CBS7 News / KOSA-TV was live.
2 hrs ·
LIVE - BREAKING: Zuzu's boyfriend is now officially a suspect. www.cbs7.com/findzuzu

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: October 26, 2016, 05:34:06 PM »

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Blog-Search-continues-for-missing-Alpine-student-397314771.html

Finding Zuzu: Boyfriend named as suspect in the case

By William Malm | Posted: Mon 9:57 AM, Oct 17, 2016  |  Updated: Wed 4:53 PM, Oct 26, 2016

ALPINE -- We will be updating this blog with the latest information on the search for missing Alpine student Zuzu Verk.

Wednesday 10-26 4:30PM Update: The Texas Attorney General's Office has now officially become involved with the case, according to the Alpine Police Department.

Alpine Police Chief Russell Scown says that now that the Attorney General is involved they will be able to put together a grand jury and compel witnesses, including Robert Fabian, Zuzu's boyfriend and now suspect in the case, to answer investigators' questions.

Anyone with information in the case is asked to contact the Alpine Police Department at (432) 837-3486.

Wednesday 10-26 3:00PM Update: The boyfriend of Zuzu Verk, Robert Fabian, has officially been named as a suspect in the disappearance of Zuzu.

According to Alpine Police Chief Russell Scown, the change from Fabian being a Person of Interest to a suspect came after the investigation had progressed up to this point, including information learned 'from over 100 interviews'.

Chief Scown says that there are other Persons of Interest in the case that 'are mainly his (Robert Fabian's) family' as investigators believe they have more information about Zuzu's disappearance, but are not being cooperative with the investigation.

Investigator spoke with Fabian's mother and sister on Tuesday though Chief Scown could not disclose how the interviews went or what was discussed.

Chief Scown says that as of right now investigators are hoping Fabian appears with an attorney to answer questions and meet.

"We believe based on some of the interviews we've had that he (Fabian) may actually want to talk to us, but again his attorney is probably advising him not to do that," said Chief Scown.

"It's an open door, you know, please come in and help us find out where Zuzu is."

Scown added that while this part of the investigation has changed, search crews will continue their work and investigators are still following up on any and all leads they receive.

Chris Estrada, a friend of Fabian who has been named as a key witness has still not been cleared as of Wednesday after failing to be cleared by a polygraph test on Tuesday.

Anyone with information in the case is asked to contact the Alpine Police Department at (432) 837-3486.

Wednesday 10-26 9:30AM Update: Crews are continuing the search for Zuzu in Brewster and Presidio County, with some efforts now being concentrated in the area of Redford.

As of Wednesday, two weeks since Zuzu was last seen, the Alpine Police Department says that search crews have covered over 500 square miles, with a combination of individual personnel having accumulated 1,714 miles so far.

Tuesday 10-25 11:00PM Update: A prayer vigil has been set for missing Alpine student Zuzu Verk for Wednesday night.

The Rotaract Club, Open Care Club, and Student Support Services at Sul Ross State University will be holding the prayer outside the University Center at 7p.m. and hope to see the entire student body come out.

“Our goal is to come together as a student body and pray for the safe return of Zuzu Verk as well as extend our love and support to her family,” said Gunner Gardener, one of the organizers.

Gardner welcomes community members to attend the vigil as well.

Tuesday 10-25 10:00PM Update: On Tuesday crews were able to use a third drone in their search for Zuzu Verk.

One drone comes from RP Search Services based out of Wimberley, Texas and two others have been shared by the Reeves County Sheriff's Office.

Tuesday 10-25 10:00PM Update: A key witness in the disappearance of Zuzu Verk spoke with investigators Tuesday.

Chris Estrada, identified as a key witness by law enforcement, had his white Mustang impounded over the weekend as part of the investigation as a piece of its carpet was sent to a forensics lab in El Paso.

Estrada was questioned for roughly 4.5 hours while also taking a polygraph test. Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson says that the test did not clear Estrada from the investigation.

The mustang has now been returned to Estrada.

Tuesday 10-25 2:00PM Update: The Brewster County Sheriff's office is asking hunters to be aware of their surroundings this hunting season in the chance that they come across anything connected to Zuzu Verk.

Specifically BCSO asks that hunters be vigilant for anything 'that might indicate the earth may have been disturbed' and to look in areas of isolation, or anything that may need looking into.

Tuesday 10-25 10:30AM Update: According to the Alpine Police Department the search continues for Zuzu Verk throughout Brewster County and neighboring counties.

Two drones provided by the Reeves County Sheriff's Office and Texas Equusearch are now being used to search South Presidio County along the Rio Grande river and Northeast Brewster County north of Marathon near Sanderson in Terrell County.

Tuesday 10-25 9:30AM Update: A vigil was held in the City of Keller Monday night as friends and family prayed that she will be found.

Candle light and music filled the air near Bear Creek, where Zuzu's friends had a message for her family.

"Just to show the support her family has back here in Keller as they're away in Alpine so that's really what I hope and prayer and love support and good energy," said Hannah Lewis, a friend of Zuzu.

Monday 10-24 5:00PM Update: Chris Estrada, a key witness in the case whose Mustang was impounded during the investigation will partake in questioning Tuesday morning, Alpine Police Chief Russell Scown tells CBS 7.

Chief Scown added that while he is coming in for questioning he has been cooperative with the investigators in the case.

Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson stated that they are also looking into a new lead in the case in the Marathon area, though he could not say what the lead was.

As investigation into the case continues crews remain in the area searching for Zuzu Verk daily.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 05:36:04 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2016, 05:52:51 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/texas-news/boyfriend-now-a-suspect-in-zuzu-verk-disappearance/342359753

Boyfriend now a suspect in Zuzu Verk disappearance

WFAA.com Staff , WFAA 3:57 PM. CDT October 26, 2016
 (Photo: Courtesy - Verk family)

The boyfriend of a missing college student from Keller has been changed from a “person of interest” to a suspect her disappearance, according to Alpine Police.

A release from the department Wednesday afternoon said Robert Fabian is now a suspect, and his family members are considered persons of interest in the Zuzu Verk case.

Fabian, the last person to be seen with the 21-year-old woman, hasn’t been cooperating with investigators, News 8 was told. His lawyer disputed that claim, according to a report from KMID.

A neighbor of Fabian's at his apartment complex said he had been asked not to discuss what he knew in detail. He did say he heard the couple arguing the night Zuzu disappeared.

A photo posted to Zuzu Verk's Instagram account. Photo: Courtesy 

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: October 26, 2016, 08:16:56 PM »

Texasmom, thank you for keeping us informed with the many updates.
Hope Zuzu is found soon.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2016, 08:22:19 PM »

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article110583457.html

October 26, 2016 12:51 PM
Report: Zuzu Verk’s boyfriend now a suspect in her disappearance

Police are focusing their search for Zuzu Verk near the U.S.-Mexico border. She was last seen about two hours north, in Alpine.

Fabian’s mother and sister have met with authorities, Alpine Police Chief Russell Scown told KOSA-TV in an interview on Facebook.

“We believe there are other persons of interest that are mainly [Fabian’s] family,” Scown told the TV station. “We do believe they have more information about Zuzu’s disappearance, but we don’t believe they are being fully cooperative with that information.”

Scown said he hopes Fabian and his lawyer will come to police headquarters and “start answering some questions and meet with us.”

Earlier Wednesday, authorities were focusing their search near the U.S.-Mexico border, according to a post on the Alpine Police Department Facebook page.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2016, 11:11:31 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/warrants-phone-calls-borrowed-truck-evidence-zuzu-verk-case/342406503

Warrants: Phone calls, borrowed truck could be key in Zuzu Verk case

Warrants obtained exclusively by News 8 provide insight into potentially key evidence in the disappearance of Keller woman Zuzu Verk. Todd Unger reports.

Todd Unger, WFAA 10:23 PM. CDT October 26, 2016

ALPINE, Texas -- The boyfriend of missing 21-year-old Zuzu Verk has officially been deemed a suspect in her disappearance by local authorities, and new documents obtained by News 8 may provide an explanation why.

In search warrants obtained exclusively by WFAA, authorities state that the boyfriend, Robert Fabian, called his friend Chris Estrada twice during the early morning hours of Verk’s disappearance on October 12. The warrant also indicates they communicated using the social media app Snapchat.

A separate warrant pertaining to a pick-up truck indicates that Fabian borrowed the F-150 during those same early morning hours on that Wednesday.

None of the revelations come as a surprise to John Franco, who lives directly below Fabian in an apartment complex across from Sul Ross State University.

"That night, we heard arguing," said Franco. "I can hear him pacing back and forth, in the kitchen, living room, all around, all around.”

Franco said his girlfriend woke him up a short time later.

“Going down the stairs, we heard a loud thump.  This is around 4 in the morning," said Franco. "I only wish we had done something."

Another search warrant for Estrada’s Ford Mustang says that in the days following Zuzu’s disappearance, Fabian was acting “very nervous,” and that Estrada attempted to get his car cleaned three times at a local auto shop.

“Something was definitely different that week," says Josh Cobos, whose family runs the shop.

Cobos says he was a close friend of Fabian's, and that he was acting strangely when stopped by the shop two days after Zuzu disappeared.

“Something in my gut says I think he knows something," Cobos said

In an interview, Cobos also revealed that Fabian left his laptop at Cobos' home in the days after Zuzu went missing. Cobos says he turned it over to the police.

A warrant obtained for the laptop doesn't reveal what, if anything, was recovered on the device but it does state that the computer "...contained items that Robert Fabian wanted to remove from social media."

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.