April 24, 2024, 09:54:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Autumn Sanville, 17yr missing from Weathersfield, Vermont 10/6/16  (Read 2721 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: October 17, 2016, 08:42:04 PM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/parents-believe-missing-vermont-teen-autumn-sanville-may-now-be-n667836?cid=sm_tw

Parents Believe Missing Vermont Teen Autumn Sanville May Now be in Danger
by RACHAEL TROST

Monday marks day 12 since Autumn Sanville's parents last saw their daughter.

Concerned, her mother Karlene called the restaurant to check in. They informed her the scheduled had been adjusted, and so Autumn had that evening off. Calls and texts to Autumn went unanswered. Her phone had either been turned off or died.

"I drove around to her friends, but no one had seen her," Karlene told Dateline. "Call it mother's intuition, but I just knew something wasn't right. Something had to be very wrong."

Autumn was reported missing that same night.

Police pinged the teen's phone to a boat launch in nearby Springfield, where they discovered Autumn's 1991 Saab unlocked and abandoned. Her books were strewn across the back seat. Someone later told police they believed they saw her earlier that morning getting into a late '90s-model maroon car with several other people.

The Vermont State Police are leading the investigation into the case, but officials have said they believe Autumn left of her own accord. A news release from last week states that prior to her disappearance, the teen made several comments to friends that she was planning on running away.

"Although Sanville's statements to friends may suggest she is purposely avoiding contact, this investigation will remain open," Detective Sergeant Richard Holden, of the Vermont State Police, wrote in the release.

The idea that their daughter took off doesn't sit well with her parents.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 09:34:02 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindAutumn/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 09:37:44 AM »

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/10/vermont_police_seek_help_locat.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 02:05:42 PM »

Great news!

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/missing-vermont-teen-autumn-sanville-found-safely-reunited-family-n675646
Missing Vermont Teen Autumn Sanville Found Safe, Reunited with Family
October 31, 2016

Autumn Sanville, 17, was found unharmed Sunday afternoon, officials with the Vermont State Police confirmed in a press release. The teen, who was reported missing on October 6 after failing to show up for school, was found at the residence of her reported boyfriend, Shadoe Bendson, 22.

Authorities reportedly spoke with Bendson several times over the course of their investigation into Autumn's whereabouts, and he had denied having any knowledge of her whereabouts.

Autumn told authorities she had spent the past three and a half weeks alone, camping in the woods and eating bread, jelly and goldfish and drinking river water. Police noted the teen's clothing and sleeping bag showed no apparent signs of wear and tear.

Late Sunday, Autumn's family took to Facebook to update the nearly 9,000 people who had been following the Facebook page, 'Help Find Autumn Sanville.' They thanked everyone who had helped in the search for Autumn and addressed the questions surrounding the case.

"We are sad that Autumn chose to leave on her own and did not reach out to us," they wrote. "There is a long road ahead of us, and our family will need time and professional help to ensure something like this doesn't happen again. We need to heal and deal with the consequences of what has occurred."
The family said they are hoping their story will help other parents become more involved in their children's lives. They also wrote that they'd be refunding the money raised through a GoFundMe account started to try and hire a private investigator.

The Vermont State Police are still investigating the case, and ask anyone with further information to contact them at (802) 722-4600.

Autumn was featured in Dateline NBC's social and digital series 'Missing in America' on October 17, 2016.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.