March 28, 2024, 11:38:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: David Puckett - 6yrs old Missing From Aurora, CO 1/2/2017  (Read 5339 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: January 02, 2017, 05:50:09 PM »

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Police-searching-for-missing-boy-from-Aurora-409179985.html

AMBER ALERT: David Puckett of Aurora

ORIGINAL STORY
The Aurora Police department says they are searching for an at-risk six-year-old boy named David Puckett.

Puckett was last seen around 5:30 p.m. on Dec. 31 in the 15700 block of East Amherst Place in Aurora.

He is 4 feet tall, weighing 48 pounds and has light brown hair with brown eyes. He was last seen wearing camouflage pants, a black shirt with a tan coat and black and orange boots.

Police are vigilantly searching for the boy, along with law enforcement partners, search team organizations, helicopters and search dogs.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 05:54:06 PM »

http://**/2017/01/02/new-search-david-puckett-aurora-boy-missing/

FBI, bloodhounds join search for missing 6-year-old Aurora boy David Puckett
50 FBI agents have been assigned to help find the boy who has been missing since Saturday afternoon

By   KIRK MITCHELL | kmitchell@denverpost.com
PUBLISHED: January 2, 2017 at 8:57 am | UPDATED: January 2, 2017 at 4:26 pm

The FBI and bloodhounds have joined the search for a 6-year-old missing boy from Aurora who police say wandered away from home on New Year’s Eve and has not been seen since.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation issued an AMBER alert Monday because of both the cold weather and the amount of time the boy, David Puckett, has been missing, Aurora police spokesman Crystal McCoy said at an afternoon news briefing.

The search is now entering its third day, with temperatures expected to dip into the upper teens Monday night. McCoy said police had no indication of foul play but emphasized the investigation was ongoing. McCoy said the FBI had joined the investigation because of the increased resources the bureau can provide.

The boy disappeared around 5:30 p.m. Saturday from his home in the 15700 block of East Amherst Place, police say. The boy was not appropriately dressed to be out all night in freezing temperatures. Investigators expect to provide public updates twice per day going forward.

David attends Dartmouth Elementary, where he previously wandered away once but was later found. Previous reports that the boy had wandered away from home more than once do not appear to be true. McCoy said Aurora Public Schools were making mental health professionals available to staff and students.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 01:24:46 AM »

http://kdvr.com/2017/01/02/finding-david-search-for-missing-6-year-year-continues-as-reward-increased-to-10000/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 11:22:51 AM »

http://www.9news.com/news/local/search-continues-for-6-year-old-missing-in-aurora/381433460

Dive team searching pond for missing boy

Anusha Roy and Dan Grossman, KUSA 9:55 AM. MST January 03, 2017

AURORA - The South Metro Fire dive team started searching a pond in an Aurora park Tuesday morning for a 6-year-old boy who has been missing since Saturday.

The search efforts were obvious in his neighborhood as officers looked in backyards for even the smallest sign of David Puckett.

Drivers near East Dartmouth Avenue and South Laredo Street received flyers as authorities checked their cars. Police also said on Tuesday they were searching a small pond in Olympic Park -- near where Puckett disappeared.

The pond will be drained if evidence is found. Police say there were no tips that the boy was near the pond -- instead, the search is out of an abundance of caution.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 12:58:53 PM »

I was holding out hope he had found someplace warm and was hiding. 

http://**/2017/01/03/david-puckett-aurora-missing-boy-search/

Dive team finds child’s body in Aurora pond; no ID on child yet
Tracking dogs led investigators to the pond, which is being treated as a crime scene

A dive team has located the body of a child in a pond in Olympic Park. The body has not been identified as missing 6-year-old David Puckett, but tracking dogs involved in the search for him led the investigation to the pond.

Aurora Police Chief Chief Nick Metz announced the news at about 11:10 a.m. “I have the very unfortunate news of letting you know that… we found the body of what appears to be a child inside the pond.”

The pond is being treated as a crime scene and may be drained, police said.

Earlier Tuesday, police announced that a dive team from South Metro Fire Rescue was  checking the pond at East Yale Avenue and South Chambers Road, said Sgt. Chris Amsler, Aurora Police spokesman said on Tuesday.

Amsler had earlier said that the pond would be drained.

But searchers “decided to send a dive team in first. There is no broken ice, no evidence that anybody fell through, we just want to be safe,” he said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 06:30:51 AM »

Heartbreaking! 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 05:51:07 PM »

http://www.koaa.com/story/34180653/awaiting-confirmation-from-coroner-on-boys-body-found-in-aurora-pond

Coroner confirms child's body is David Puckett
Posted: Jan 04, 2017 6:42 AM PST
Updated: Jan 04, 2017 2:23 PM PST

AURORA, Colo. (AP) - Authorities have confirmed that a body found in an icy pond in suburban Denver is that of a 6-year-old boy who apparently wandered off from his home on New Year's Eve.

An autopsy performed Wednesday showed David Puckett didn't suffer any traumatic injuries. But the coroner's office said additional tests were needed to determine exactly how he died.

Police are also still investigating what led up to his death. They have previously said they don't suspect foul play.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.